Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So how long does it take to run a couple 3* up to 30/+5 so I can finish this stupid fuse quest? I'm about halfway through normal at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Not very long really, you need 10x 2* to get a 3* up to +5. You get tons of 1-2* fodder from Adventure mode and also from just using your free Honor rolls for units.

If you are still making progress in Adventure, keep trying to power through to Hard mode, it's best if you can get to Hard 1-1 at least before you start really grinding a lot, since you get considerably more gold/xp for it. If you really can't make it though yet, you can always auto-farm 1-1 or 1-10 on Normal for more fusion fodder. Also don't forget the daily dungeon for Bean Cakes.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Not very long really, you need 10x 2* to get a 3* up to +5. You get tons of 1-2* fodder from Adventure mode and also from just using your free Honor rolls for units.

If you are still making progress in Adventure, keep trying to power through to Hard mode, it's best if you can get to Hard 1-1 at least before you start really grinding a lot, since you get considerably more gold/xp for it. If you really can't make it though yet, you can always auto-farm 1-1 or 1-10 on Normal for more fusion fodder. Also don't forget the daily dungeon for Bean Cakes.

Yeah I'm not trying to grind. Just have a quest to do a fusion.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Patch is live, another of the 4 Lords in the game now, Rin. Looks like most of the other changes were just shop stuff, so meh.

Raid update coming as well: http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=sevenknights&bbsId=719&id=502620

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Someone asked earlier what happens if you rank up a 5* 7K Item? You still just get literally anything randomly, so it will be a massive downgrade most likely. Just keep your 5* 7K stuff and use it as is.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah, you aren't even guaranteed the same modifier. also for the person who asked earlier speed is almost always the best modifier on weapons for everyone, although there are some exceptions. i am doing speed/lethal on Shane for raid purposes, Velika has crit because it helps her farming. as far as armor goes almost every unit is good with +hp, and a few units are good with counter rate but they tend to make themselves obvious (Shane, Lee Jung, Aragon) i've seen it suggested that a mix of block and hps are best on some tankier units but i usually use my high rarity block armor to level up my actually good stuff.

you run into mimics sometimes while farming and they drop 6* gear or 1 or 2* elementals, but otherwise your gear is largely gonna come from the raid. which is why i always harp on building up a raid team.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Which raid gear should you work to craft, just the highest cost stuff? I'm assuming the tiers are 4-6* so just the highest is particularly worth it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

as i understand it the 500 cost stuff doesnt give you five times the chance of pulling top tier 6* stuff so you just craft the 100 cost items.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Can you really only get one of each upgrade material per day?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, unless you spend 150 Rubies to rerun it. You can also spend Castle Rush points to buy them as well, 24 points for a 3* selector which isn't too terrible. Or 12 points for a random one if you feel like gambling.

I guess thing get a little better later if you can build towards clearing the Hard difficulty, since that gets you a 4* instead.

I suppose it's this games way of limiting how much you can progress in a week, considering Keys are insanely plentiful and the dungeon always 100% drop what you need. It sucks, but that's gatcha games for you.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Oh, is there any way to strip the immune abilities?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yes, though I'm really not sure exactly how it works. As I understand it:

Any Passive (or Active) ability that has a duration, you can remove by using a 'reduce buff duration' ability. Black Rose and Lee Jung are two of the most popular ones that do this. Also Ace and Teo obviously.

Passives that don't have a duration (like the % damage increasers and such) can't be removed at all, but disappear immediately if that character dies.

Passives that are based on hit count, like Black Rose, Lu Bu and Dellons, can't be removed either other than just hitting them, I think?

The other bit I just don't understand at all is there are 'Remove Buffs' abilities, like Ariel's which claims to 'Remove all buffs from the targets' but appears to do literally nothing at all??

Aside from removing those buffs entirely, you can also using Pierce to go through normal Immunity, but Pierce loses to Full Immunity like Dellons, Lu Bu, and Guan Yu's active.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 25, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

DrManiac posted:

Oh, is there any way to strip the immune abilities?

Well there's a few ways to go with that because there's two versions of it. Technically three if you're talking about the arena.

Version 1 (Immune to all damage for x turns): This one can be removed by any skill that lessens the duration of buffs or outright removes them. It's also vulnerable to Pierce unless it says otherwise.
Version 2 (Immune to all damage received x times): This one is also known as Void Shield in the community, and it can't be removed or pierced. The only way to get rid of it is to just hit it enough time, which is why characters like Dellons with his 12 hit combo are very useful (those hits are counted individually though I believe you still need one more hit afterwards to clip it off).
Version 3 (Revives with Immortality): This one is only actually vulnerable to lessening or removing Buffs. They still take damage but it doesn't matter because they won't die until the number of turns has elapsed or the "Zombie" buff is removed.

Off the top of my head Black Rose can reduce Buff Duration and has piercing, so does Ace, Dellons has Piercing and that multi-hit attack, Joker can remove buffs though he's kind of a terrible character, Ariel can remove buffs, Yu Shin has piercing, and Kwonho, Bi Dam and Nezha also have piercing.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Burn damage and other status effects can also apply through some immunities

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

Burn damage and other status effects can also apply through some immunities

That is true, I know for a fact they get through version 1 though I'm not certain about version 2 (I don't use any Void Shield characters yet). Obviously they don't work on version 3 because those guys have zero hit points anyways.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh speaking of status ailments, I haven't figured out which one it is yet but something can cause respawn/immortality passives to straight up not trigger? I've had a few situations where I've killed Sun Wukong and he just didn't respawn at all. Might be Silence?

LornMarkus posted:

That is true, I know for a fact they get through version 1 though I'm not certain about version 2 (I don't use any Void Shield characters yet). Obviously they don't work on version 3 because those guys have zero hit points anyways.

Does Death apply through Immortality? Specifically the 2x Death effect which just causes you to die instantly.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh speaking of status ailments, I haven't figured out which one it is yet but something can cause respawn/immortality passives to straight up not trigger? I've had a few situations where I've killed Sun Wukong and he just didn't respawn at all. Might be Silence?

Does Death apply through Immortality? Specifically the 2x Death effect which just causes you to die instantly.

I'm not sure on that one but Wukong is also weird because I don't know if he respawns if he's the first one to die (i.e.: there are no other open slots). And I don't know about Death either as the only character I'm aware of doing it is Dellons sometimes, but sometimes I doesn't happen even to regular non-zombies despite it visibly popping up a "Death" modifier. :shrug:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I've had Wukong respawn before when he was the first to die so he can definitely do it.

Also Dellons does not cause Death at all (despite his Reaper theme??), that's Kris who causes Death. The first time you apply Death it's basically a countdown, every turn you take 50% life damage so it effectively kills you in 2 turns. It can be cleared but then you still take damage from clearing it. If Death gets applied again then you just die instantly.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I've had Wukong respawn before when he was the first to die so he can definitely do it.

Also Dellons does not cause Death at all (despite his Reaper theme??), that's Kris who causes Death. The first time you apply Death it's basically a countdown, every turn you take 50% life damage so it effectively kills you in 2 turns. It can be cleared but then you still take damage from clearing it. If Death gets applied again then you just die instantly.

Oh yeah, I forgot his thing was Silence. Silly me.

But yeah, I don't have Kris so I've got no idea if twice over death can kill Zombie though I lean toward no.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I fused a 6* and got a Karon, and then I realized I have no idea how to tell if a mob is good or not (outside of "is it a 4l or a 7k") :confuoot:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Karon is good, specifically because he has party stun immunity and decent heals.

Not sure if you're looking for a writeup on how to discern yourself if a unit is good or not, but you're generally alright just sorting through Reddit or the KR Tier list to see if anyone says they are useful for something though. There aren't that many characters in the game, after playing for a few weeks you'll start to know who everyone is and how good/bad they are. Just be really careful about who you rank up, or get rid of.

Anyway, managed to clear Friday Hard Mode with 1 continue :toot: Definitely seems worth it to just continue for Elementals if you have to, 30 Rubies for a 4* is much, much better than 150 for a second 3*. Now I just need 4 more of these to get all my Shanes max Ranked :shepicide:

I've got a big pile of Blue and Dark elements sitting around, not sure who I should use them on though. For Universal there's Seig for raids, or Nia ... some people say she's really good for Arena I guess? For Blue, I've got both Velika and Espada to work on ... I guess it doesn't really matter which one I start with since I'll need them both eventually.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Are daily dungeons really the only way to get elements?

Using my 5* dark element on dragon would be really dumb right?

Best use of honor points?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

best use of honor points is to buy keys, do not spend a 5* element on anyone who isn't a good unit, ever. the best way to get elements is to buy the random eleements for 12 cp in the castle rush shop. you can also get elements as rare drops from mimics but they're like, rare drops on a rare mob. i managed to get a pair of 2* water elements randomly from that but i've had a few 1* elements sitting around for well over a week without any friends showing up to rank them up.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

best use of honor points is to buy keys, do not spend a 5* element on anyone who isn't a good unit, ever. the best way to get elements is to buy the random eleements for 12 cp in the castle rush shop. you can also get elements as rare drops from mimics but they're like, rare drops on a rare mob. i managed to get a pair of 2* water elements randomly from that but i've had a few 1* elements sitting around for well over a week without any friends showing up to rank them up.

Thanks. For since reason I didn't even realize you could rank up the elements themselves.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Definitely don't rank up anything that isn't a good unit. For your 5* dragon, Fuse it to make a random 6*. You'll either get something good, or you'll get something terrible you can use to Unlock someone else.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Definitely don't rank up anything that isn't a good unit. For your 5* dragon, Fuse it to make a random 6*. You'll either get something good, or you'll get something terrible you can use to Unlock someone else.

Here's one of my heavy hitters right now though. :(

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well sure, hold on to it until you've got some real units to use for your team. Won't take you too long as long as you're smart about using your freebies.

Also it's a good idea to sit on some elementals during your first week if you can, since you get a free 7K on your 7th day. And believe me you will want to get them ranked up ASAP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

every 7k except for Rudy and Dellonse are dark elementals. well actually i have no idea what the new 7k is, but for the most part you just gotta horde them dark elementals. fire is probably second as there are a lot of good attack units, all of mine are going towards getting Shane to 40 right now, but i've only got one left and she's only 34 so that's going to be a minute (oh also because that will take fuckin infinity fire elementals)

for the most part defense/earth elementals are the ones you need the least, as there aren't very many good defense units. there are a SHITLOAD of magic/water, and still a pretty good amount of support/light, but those units typically aren't as integral. i feel like i need infinite magic units to rank up since i have to rank up my Velika and sort of want to see how good Ariel is, and Yu Shin would be better at 6* for my arena team than Xiao, but other than Velika/Espada for raid i actually don't reaaaally see a lot of magic units i need to upgrade.

fire and dark though, those are the ones you will really need and to be careful about deciding to use.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

Here's one of my heavy hitters right now though. :(

Sorry to say since you seem to like him, but the Dragon actually maxes out at 5* so you couldn't have taken him any higher anyways. But yeah, you can get an element from the Daily Dungeons, if you get into a guild you can do Castle Rushes and get a random 3* every three days or so, sometimes you'll get elements from events, and if you're willing to spend money there are various packages and poo poo you can buy them from. It's mostly a matter of being patient and working your way up, as well as taking the units you don't need, getting them to +5 and then Fusing them to get a random one of a higher rank. That's probably the fastest way you're going to advance without whaling out and it's not a bad way either. Even if you get a terrible not good 6* at the end of it, any 6* is better than none when you're still building up your party and eventually you can use them as Unlocking fodder on your really good 6*s you'll get, like the 7 Knights or Four Lords.

rabidsquid posted:

every 7k except for Rudy and Dellonse are dark elementals. well actually i have no idea what the new 7k is, but for the most part you just gotta horde them dark elementals. fire is probably second as there are a lot of good attack units, all of mine are going towards getting Shane to 40 right now, but i've only got one left and she's only 34 so that's going to be a minute (oh also because that will take fuckin infinity fire elementals)

for the most part defense/earth elementals are the ones you need the least, as there aren't very many good defense units. there are a SHITLOAD of magic/water, and still a pretty good amount of support/light, but those units typically aren't as integral. i feel like i need infinite magic units to rank up since i have to rank up my Velika and sort of want to see how good Ariel is, and Yu Shin would be better at 6* for my arena team than Xiao, but other than Velika/Espada for raid i actually don't reaaaally see a lot of magic units i need to upgrade.

fire and dark though, those are the ones you will really need and to be careful about deciding to use.

The new character, Rin, is actually the last of the Four Lords and she's a Magic type unit which is the Water Elementals.

Fun fact, actually, if you go to the Contents tab on the left side of the home interface and then click on the Codex, you can see all the information for every character currently in our version of the game, including all the different star levels. Even if you don't have them notably, so feel free to look through that and familiarize yourself with units that way. As noted, the rule of thumb is that anything that falls under that Special catagory (Seven Knights, Four Lords, Former Four Lords) are crazy good and will continue to be crazy good because they're hard to get. So anything from the rest of the selection that shares traits with them is probably going to be decent. Evan, for example, is actually very similar to Rudy, just a bit weaker so if you've got nothing else you really feel like throwing Earth Elementals at you might as well toss them in his face.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Oh hey, turns out I can answer this now: yes, that second hit of Death will re-kill a Zombie unit. I just witnessed myself with my brand new 6* Giaparang going up against somebody else's Kris. So all the better for any of you who have gotten him, he can be considered a counter to Zombie units.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 26, 2016

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Karon is good, specifically because he has party stun immunity and decent heals.

Not sure if you're looking for a writeup on how to discern yourself if a unit is good or not, but you're generally alright just sorting through Reddit or the KR Tier list to see if anyone says they are useful for something though. There aren't that many characters in the game, after playing for a few weeks you'll start to know who everyone is and how good/bad they are. Just be really careful about who you rank up, or get rid of.

Ah, thanks. Found the tier list.

Does the unreadably giant affinity map in the codex mean anything, or is it flavor only?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Ah, thanks. Found the tier list.

Does the unreadably giant affinity map in the codex mean anything, or is it flavor only?

Nope, it's literally just telling you all the relations between the characters story-wise.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

LornMarkus posted:

Sorry to say since you seem to like him, but the Dragon actually maxes out at 5* so you couldn't have taken him any higher anyways. But yeah, you can get an element from the Daily Dungeons, if you get into a guild you can do Castle Rushes and get a random 3* every three days or so, sometimes you'll get elements from events, and if you're willing to spend money there are various packages and poo poo you can buy them from. It's mostly a matter of being patient and working your way up, as well as taking the units you don't need, getting them to +5 and then Fusing them to get a random one of a higher rank. That's probably the fastest way you're going to advance without whaling out and it's not a bad way either. Even if you get a terrible not good 6* at the end of it, any 6* is better than none when you're still building up your party and eventually you can use them as Unlocking fodder on your really good 6*s you'll get, like the 7 Knights or Four Lords.

The new character, Rin, is actually the last of the Four Lords and she's a Magic type unit which is the Water Elementals.

Fun fact, actually, if you go to the Contents tab on the left side of the home interface and then click on the Codex, you can see all the information for every character currently in our version of the game, including all the different star levels. Even if you don't have them notably, so feel free to look through that and familiarize yourself with units that way. As noted, the rule of thumb is that anything that falls under that Special catagory (Seven Knights, Four Lords, Former Four Lords) are crazy good and will continue to be crazy good because they're hard to get. So anything from the rest of the selection that shares traits with them is probably going to be decent. Evan, for example, is actually very similar to Rudy, just a bit weaker so if you've got nothing else you really feel like throwing Earth Elementals at you might as well toss them in his face.

Oh hey, turns out I can answer this now: yes, that second hit of Death will re-kill a Zombie unit. I just witnessed myself with my brand new 6* Giaparang going up against somebody else's Kris. So all the better for any of you who have gotten him, he can be considered a counter to Zombie units.

No I know he isn't that great, just good for right now. I pulled Spike for my random 7k dude. This the party I'm rolling with right now:

Archmage Karin 4*
Sieg 4*
Shane 4*
Bi Dam 5*
Dragon 5*

Other 4* I have:
Nezha
Diaochan
Knox
Heavenia(x2)
Spike
Li
Jupy
Sarah

Suggestions?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

No I know he isn't that great, just good for right now. I pulled Spike for my random 7k dude. This the party I'm rolling with right now:

Archmage Karin 4*
Sieg 4*
Shane 4*
Bi Dam 5*
Dragon 5*

Other 4* I have:
Nezha
Diaochan
Knox
Heavenia(x2)
Spike
Li
Jupy
Sarah

Suggestions?

As has been noted Shane is a spectacular character for anything outside of the Arena and some of the Celestial Tower. Bi Dam, Sieg and Karin are also pretty good, especially for particular uses. Nezha is actually pretty good for Arena because she survives at 1 HP from attacks and reflects damage and thus can often KO the first person to hit her (I imagine she's pretty good in general but I haven't leveled mine yet), and Sarah has her uses though she's severely hampered by the fact that neither of her Skills do damage. Jupy I've heard is a pretty good character for Raiding but limited otherwise. The rest are okay to not that great.

So of your 4* I would say get Spike up first and then you can put the Dark Elements toward Nezha if you feel you still need her, Otherwise just focus on continuing to raise those guys in your main team

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sitting on the fire materials to raise a 5* unit, but I don't like the options I have available.

Decide to burn materials to fuse two 4*... get Giparang :haw: That'll do. Hello new A Team member for PvP and Adventure.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

My first 6* is Espada. Consensus seems to be that she's pretty good, so I'm happy!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

victrix posted:

Sitting on the fire materials to raise a 5* unit, but I don't like the options I have available.

Decide to burn materials to fuse two 4*... get Giparang :haw: That'll do. Hello new A Team member for PvP and Adventure.

I have the fire materials to raise my Jupy's but I sort of want to save them for Shanes. I have another Shane I am working on now to raise mine to 36, but I still need two more and presumably I am more likely to get a 4* than I am a 5 or 6.

I have four Mays as well, but again, I think she needs to wait. Although all of the 4* I am hoarding to raise sort of make my units a tight squeeze when I have a bad distribution of fodder. I have nothing but 3* fodder when I need to work on some 3* elementals, then when I need the 3* fodder to rank up a 5* or 6* its nothing but 1* fodder :I

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How does fusing work and when should I do it?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You get two units of the same rarity to level 30 and rank them up to +5, then you can fuse them together to get a random unit of the next higher rank. so two 3*s make a 4*, 4 to 5, 5 to 6.

i do it basically all the time. you never want to fuse 2* units, 1/2* are fodder. Some people endlessly fuse 3* units trying at a shot at the rare 4 lords or 7 knights units, since they all start at base 4*. i primarily use my 3* as fodder for 5/6* units, trying to fuse more 6* or rank my useful 6* up to +5. it costs more gold to fuse up a 6* from a 3*, it costs more elementals to fuse up good 4*s and then rank them up to 6*

edit: if you just need more 5 and 6* units its probably a better use of resources to just fuse them up and hope you get good ones, but if you're looking for specific units its probably better to make a bunch of 4*s and rank up from there.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

You get two units of the same rarity to level 30 and rank them up to +5, then you can fuse them together to get a random unit of the next higher rank. so two 3*s make a 4*, 4 to 5, 5 to 6.

i do it basically all the time. you never want to fuse 2* units, 1/2* are fodder. Some people endlessly fuse 3* units trying at a shot at the rare 4 lords or 7 knights units, since they all start at base 4*. i primarily use my 3* as fodder for 5/6* units, trying to fuse more 6* or rank my useful 6* up to +5. it costs more gold to fuse up a 6* from a 3*, it costs more elementals to fuse up good 4*s and then rank them up to 6*

edit: if you just need more 5 and 6* units its probably a better use of resources to just fuse them up and hope you get good ones, but if you're looking for specific units its probably better to make a bunch of 4*s and rank up from there.

So if I intend to fuse a unit it's not worth putting items on it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i wouldn't bother with any good items but eventually you'll be rolling in 3* poo poo so it's also not a huge loss to toss some low level gear on if you really need it

• Locked thread