Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

I would like to be a SlovenKnight. Applied as Bonsama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Speaking of Guild Wars...I don't get it. Can someone break it down for me like I'm an idiot? How can I best participate for the good of the guild?

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Thanks a ton for the guild war info, very helpful!

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Son of a loving bitch this is some bullshit.

So I got the 5* selector today and still haven't managed to farm Lania from 6-10. So I pick her thinking that it would complete the puzzle.....

Nope.

Maybe because it's the 5* version but the puzzle calls for the 4* one? Ugh.

I did the same thing...I've burned so many keys trying to get Ellin it's stupid. It would be nice if they were a little more clear. "Log-in Event" is the terminology used in both places, but this one doesn't count.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Agoat posted:

I might put together an online guide using what we've learned in this thread. I figure with the success of Sloven Knights and how much good information we learn here it'd be a fun project?

You can start by just C&P'ing Gwyrgyn Blood's post history in this thread (? icon under his avatar) and editing from there. I just read back through it last night and there's a lot of good, well-explained information therein.

(Not to say there aren't other helpful posters in this thread, GB has just really stood out to me.)

Amperor fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 13, 2016

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Elysiume posted:

If an guide is getting put together, a list of what resources are valuable or not would be nice. Guide quest is telling me to unlock someone, and I can't tell how rare the unlockers are, since it gave me a free one. Probably using it on Xiao.

e: Actually I'm 5 CR points from buying a 4* elemental selector, and I have a 5* fire element, so I could instead use it on Shane in a day or two.

I recommend saving it for Shane.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Is Diaochan worth transcending right now? I've got Rin already, so I don't really need her passive, but the only healer character I've transcended so far is Asura.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

It's been a while since I played last (Evan and Karin awakening event was the last thing I remember), and I lost access to my old account anyway. So I started over, because I got the hankering to play again.

Is there any room in Sloven Knights at this point?

I'm on day 4 I think, so probably still new enough to shower with gifts as well. Please friend me, my username is RichBianca.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

I saved a note from earlier in this thread that said that "Awoken Sieg, is worse than non-awoken Sieg." When I look in the Codex, it looks like woke sieg just has "in addition to that" abilities which don't seem to take away from his non-woke utility.

Did something change since his release? If not, could someone explain to me why his woke form is worse?

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

So, new hero Yeonhee...thoughts? Her passive increases accuracy and protects from damage reflection, so I'm thinking she's intended to counter Klahan and Evan (does anyone else evade or reflect?). Who pairs well with her on a tank-breaking team? Any other modes she'd be good in?

There've been some mechanic changes as well. They changed the rewards for some of the daily quests (adding a 4-6* power crystal and rice cake to two of them), but they also removed the daily dungeons that gave those rewards, so you're still only getting one per day. I was a little bummed that I can't get two per day, but it does reduce the number of keys I'm using for getting those rewards. I decided to use those keys for explorations, which might have been the intended behavior change with this update.

Then again, not sure anyone is even still playing this game anymore. I tried KR but hated the overall character and UI design aesthetic personally.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Geektox posted:

Yoyo just started this game, used a 6* Awakening Ticket on Yuri and have a 5* "recommended hero" ticket and a 4* ticket. What should I be picking with these? I'm not too interested in the PVP stuff and I was also given a 6* Teo and Lina, if that helps.

If you've got awakened Yuri, you should be able to blow through, I think, Adventure mode easy and normal worlds 1 through 7 with any other dudes on your team. Hellenia and Awakened Nia make it even easier (Nia is my go-to for adventure grinding now).

Not sure who's in the 5* Recommended Hero list, can you post the options?

4* just don't pick a monster; the human looking ones can generally be ranked up to 6* with some of the appropriate elements. Some are more useful than others; if you're going for PvE, I'd get Shane for Raids, or Seig for Castle Rush.

Eventually, 4* dudes will just be fodder, but early on you'll probably want to rank them up so you can start building basic teams for each mode.

Raid team 1: Shane/Karon (or Seig), Espada, ?, ? (dont' worry about team 2 yet)
Castle Rush: Jupy / Seig, Lina, Rachel (a special hero), last spot depends on the day
World Bosses usually require some niche poo poo that doesn't do much in any other modes, I saved those for last and am still working on them.
Celestial Tower and the Hard Daily Dungeons can usually be done by sufficiently powerful (6*) randos (celestial tower gets harder as you go up, daily dungeons usually have a gimmick that certain heroes will help beat).

I focused on Adventure Castle Rush and Raids first, YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

The 1-time-only packs that cost just a buck are a pretty good thing for new players, IMO

• Locked thread