Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Wassbix posted:

The 50 pull worked fine for me, I think people just really not good at math. You get him on your 5th pull, some people read it as 51th so they get one on the 5th pull and do a 6th and think it's bugged.

Cheap slots is a god send my god. Now i have 299 slots and it's so nice not having to bother with space.

iirc the bug is people pulling him earlier not getting a second copy at 50, while the patch notes clearly state they should:

patch posted:

- Even if you acquire Klahan or other Special Hero before making 50 summons, you will still be guaranteed a 4* Klahan on your 50th summon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

have you thought about making a new op/linkpost/external website gwyr? You've typed a lot of really useful stuff lately, but it's scattered all over the thread.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

cool, thanks! Last big question I have is re:items.

weapons/armor: Join high level raids for materials, spam 100 crafts (according to this), and awaken anything with high rolls?

gems: Primarily from world boss I gather, but what do you pick? Spam cheap random jewels like crafting, or save for selectors? Or save even more for boss jewels?

accessories: Ditto gems, though abyss is such a slow slog it's kinda moot.

CR credits: 4* ele tickets? Seems like you need lots of every element, so random ones for half the cost looks pretty good.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

double Elysia today from random fuses :0

any opinions on whether she's worth my whole stock of awakening shards? I'm pretty new, so have no other awakened heroes, but according to the tier list she's widely useful enough to be a safe choice? She'll be lv.36 once I fuse the new copies up.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

I would describe my Spike as 'nonexistent' :v:

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

yeah, SlovenKnights, but I think it's full? We had 100% check-in the other day, which I'm not sure has ever happened.

the game never stops throwing a billion popups at you, and giving you way too many options (choose from this list of 40 characters, new player!) but ya it calms down. Just follow gwyr's guide for the selectors you'll get, as you want chars with some legs on them.

personally I'd recommended grabbing sera and/or pascal asap. They've both got damage immunity and fixed-damage aoe, which is a godsend early on.

this google doc is probably the best overall resource for the game, but is a bit much if you're just starting. Bookmark it for later, though!

_jink fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 16, 2017

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

hm, got my first 3-attack character in awakened klahan, but 4 fodder farming 7-9 seems like a bust. Awk skill isn't ready by the 3rd room, I don't seem to get enough fodder to sustain 4 at a time, and 2* happys have a self-buff (annoyingly prioritized over awk attack).

is there a better option? 3 fodder farming seems faster, less micromanagey, and only slightly less efficient in terms of keys, which is a pretty small price to pay tbh

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Reacean posted:

A lot of that info is very helpful already. For Adventure, I'm stuck on 11-9 [easy] (and i've been carried by friend summons for a while now). I don't have any banked selectors, I started messing with this game and picking random or interesting looking stuff before actually looking up info. I'd also be interested in knowing which area people just cycle over and over for stuff/fodder units, and if boost mode is worth it?

there are helpful & up-to-date guides, they're just edited, several months old posts, because gwyr is a weirdo :v: link

7-9 hard is generally the farm spot -- the enemies there wont kill the fodder units you're leveling, so it's the least tedious to micromanage. Sera/Ruri are good aoers, and feel free to +5 the weapons on Sera, as she's quite good in many areas of the game. Boost mode is up to you. It's not as efficient in terms of keys, but if you don't like farming its a way to burn through them faster.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

unequipping items takes topazes, which are more scarce then rubies (at least early on). So yes, make sure the characters you're slapping gear on are useful in some capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

time to apply all the lessons you've learned gwyr, and hop the fence from gacha-game player to gacha-game developer.

• Locked thread