Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
please don't try to insinuate CA has anything to do with goddamn Oregon/Washington hipsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Chinatown posted:

winners live here

And that's why Gay Dad lives somewhere else.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
everywhere has it's problems it's no utopia here but i would rather live like an outlaw on the run robbing and stealing than live my life in the goddamn South or something

even Europe is pretty dumb and bad after a while everyone is all like living in slow motion or something they've lost their collective mojo

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Runefaust posted:

I can see it being too progressive and hip for some people. Some people are just made for a slower pace of life.

I don't want to go too far with this shitfest but in the south we're a little more uh... genuine.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

everywhere has it's problems it's no utopia here but i would rather live like an outlaw on the run robbing and stealing than live my life in the goddamn South or something

I live in the SGV.

It says a shitton that I'd rather live here than in hicksville USA. I have the best goddamn tacos/Asian food located less than 5 minutes walking in any direction.

How's the rest of your goddamn sushi, you loving hicks?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'd live in bakersfield before I'd live in texas lol

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

You'd be a dumbass but you do that anyway huh?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

lmao why would you move to a place just like texas. you must really loving love texas.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

fits my needs posted:

lmao why would you move to a place just like texas. you must really loving love texas.

the worst dump in CA is still better than the nicest part of TX :shrug:

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

a dog from hell posted:

I don't want to go too far with this shitfest but in the south we're a little more uh... genuine.

Oh no I totally get it. I bartended in west LA and worked in accounting in Beverly Hills for a good amount of time. I've been to loads of clubs and bars here and there's a definite lack of genuine people.

But I'd rather have those fakes the genuine gunslingin racists.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

FCKGW posted:

forums poster "Wedemeyer" is in support of burning crosses, i'd like this to be known

You might be surprised, but that's how a bunch of conservatives are putting it. It is being portrayed as the media hoping that the cross would burn to show Christianity is weak or something, or it's a subtle hint of racism, depending on which conservative you are reading.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Nooner posted:

When I think of Bakersfield I just think of those Stater Bros. commercials about the heartland I'd see on the TV growing up.

Looks a fuckton like Texas to me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I never really got the 'not genuine' thing like... whatever bro no one is showing you their genuine true self.

Not genuine usually just means 'confused as to why people are nice and smiling at me.' It's because we don't live in a hellhole and we're just genuinely glad to be looking at that dope rear end sunset while smoking the best herb in the world relax.

W. LA and Bev Hills notwithstanding that's like concentrated rich rear end in a top hat area.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

I never really got the 'not genuine' thing like... whatever bro no one is showing you their genuine true self.

Not genuine usually just means 'confused as to why people are nice and smiling at me.' It's because we don't live in a hellhole and we're just genuinely glad to be looking at that dope rear end sunset while smoking the best herb in the world relax.

W. LA and Bev Hills notwithstanding that's like concentrated rich rear end in a top hat area.

Umm you live on the west coast so you have zero voice in this matter. New Yorkers carry more weight.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
last time I was on the East Coast people looked miserable and one dude hurled a full cup of coffee down an alley in a fit of rage like it was something that he did on the reg

maybe that's just Boston though. Also I saw no less than 4 people pissing right on the street (not in an alley) before the Celtics game started

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

But the women man. The loving women. It's like the beautiful of the most beautiful.

Too bad some of the Tinder women I've hooked up with from West LA and BH have been some of the most boring. Looks don't always translate to fun in the sack.

Now them Whittier Latinas man - they know how to party.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

last time I was on the East Coast people looked miserable and one dude hurled a full cup of coffee down an alley in a fit of rage like it was something that he did on the reg

maybe that's just Boston though

That's just him bro

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Runefaust posted:

But the women man. The loving women. It's like the beautiful of the most beautiful.

Too bad some of the Tinder women I've hooked up with from West LA and BH have been some of the most boring. Looks don't always translate to fun in the sack.

Now them Whittier Latinas man - they know how to party.

yeah lol we have the hottest women by far and people walk in skimpy bikinis around town like it's the thing to do

been all around Europe they can't even hold a goddamn candle to the sheer per capita attractive people out here

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Runefaust posted:

o rly? :rolleyes:

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Europe is a lot more attractive in other ways though so it's kind of a wash. Anyways the South will rise.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

maybe that's just Boston though. Also I saw no less than 4 people pissing right on the street (not in an alley) before the Celtics game started

I visit Boston regularly (Bell in Hand is an awesome place to grab some drinks) but people there get too worked up over SPORTS.

Like, occasionally, we'll beat people close to death at a Dodgers game or something, but it doesn't even make the news in Boston because it's pretty regular.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol it's not even worth arguing about bc everyone who has traveled knows it's true

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

yeah lol we have the hottest women by far and people walk in skimpy bikinis around town like it's the thing to do

been all around Europe they can't even hold a goddamn candle to the sheer per capita attractive people out here

uhmm, excuse me, we also have the hottest men (me :grin:)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

uhmm, excuse me, we also have the hottest men (me :grin:)

um that's why i wrote attractive PEOPLE :smugdon:

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Learn to swim

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

lol it's not even worth arguing about bc everyone who has traveled knows it's true

Exactly.

Anyone who has ever used Tinder in LA knows how this goes.

Edit: TINDER ..... CA ON FIRE... COINCIDENCE?!?!

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Runefaust posted:

Exactly.

Anyone who has ever used Tinder in LA knows how this goes.

Edit: TINDER ..... CA ON FIRE... COINCIDENCE?!?!

You are competing against Mandingo so I'm not so jealous.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

a dog from hell posted:

You are competing against Mandingo so I'm not so jealous.

Touche good sir.

On another note: While this state is burning it's britches, some flooding or something is going on in the LA state? I only know this because my friend who moved from CA posted on Facebook regarding checking in. To a goddamn flood. Saying he's okay.

I don't loving know.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

California is hot as balls right now and the air is filled with smoke from nearby fires. Still prefer it to Kentucky and Nashville in the summer though.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

genesplicer posted:

You might be surprised, but that's how a bunch of conservatives are putting it. It is being portrayed as the media hoping that the cross would burn to show Christianity is weak or something, or it's a subtle hint of racism, depending on which conservative you are reading.

Hey Gene--how close are you to this fire? Last I recall you were in the same county.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how droll

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When California finally eats it do you think all the refugees will run to Texas or Tennesse and pretend like they've always been cool/lived there??

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

When California finally eats it do you think all the refugees will run to Texas or Tennesse and pretend like they've always been cool/lived there??

*surfs a tsunami wave and jumps into Monstrous Dooklord's car and kicks his rear end just like Kurt Russell*
:flipoff:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Khazar-khum posted:

Hey Gene--how close are you to this fire? Last I recall you were in the same county.

I can see the smoke from here, but it's not that close. There's an entire mountain range between me and it, so I'm not worried

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

genesplicer posted:

I can see the smoke from here, but it's not that close. There's an entire mountain range between me and it, so I'm not worried

hey sup. sup. riddle me this: whence it all??

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Orkin Mang posted:

hey sup. sup. riddle me this: whence it all??

Thence.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

from a place or source previously unmentioned. whence the thence bigshot

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Moridin920 posted:

please don't try to insinuate CA has anything to do with goddamn Oregon/Washington hipsters

the pacific coast is flaming every year

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

poopnanners posted:

the pacific coast is flaming every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

poopnanners posted: