Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
put a sock in it naem and show me ur fat dick rear end in a top hat

naem
May 29, 2011

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
he's gunna eat your cat :ohdear:

naem
May 29, 2011

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
What's really cool is when there's so much smoke in the air, and ash is raining down like a light snow and all you can see of the sun are the red wavelenghts so it looks like a tremendous stoplight hovering in the sky. Being in that, it's like everything is fire, the whole of creation.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ork of Fiction posted:

What's really cool is when there's so much smoke in the air, and ash is raining down like a light snow and all you can see of the sun are the red wavelenghts so it looks like a tremendous stoplight hovering in the sky. Being in that, it's like everything is fire, the whole of creation.

kyrie eleison

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

that owns. probably staged, but it still owns.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
*sky is covered in smoke, lungs full of ash* "heh, still beats the ~south~"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

NTT posted:

it is funny because it is true

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

Serious Frolicking posted:

i wish some other states would catch on fire. or all other states. or the entire world including the oceans. basically i want all life on this planet to perish from cleansing flames.

:yeah:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

NTT posted:

Even fires make our sunsets look dope

https://twitter.com/russbishopphoto/status/765944476481167361

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I've heard of Red Dawn, but this is ridiculous

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
https://youtu.be/-NP-RsRGzVo

pizzaindapotty
Feb 10, 2012
I normally live in the South. Our area gets pummeled by severe thunderstorms, straight line winds and tornados. I am visiting California for next few months. I would rather have storms than the fire threat. Ash falling miles away from the fire, kids can't play outside because of the smoke in the air. It kinda freaked me out that in my first week here I am dealing with a raging fire that is close enough the kids preschool is closed.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pizzaindapotty posted:

I normally live in the South. Our area gets pummeled by severe thunderstorms, straight line winds and tornados. I am visiting California for next few months. I would rather have storms than the fire threat. Ash falling miles away from the fire, kids can't play outside because of the smoke in the air. It kinda freaked me out that in my first week here I am dealing with a raging fire that is close enough the kids preschool is closed.

pansy it's not nearly that bad

plus the state is huge I feel like you guys think we're some dink-rear end NJ state but like I wouldn't have even known there were wildfires until this thread. SD is just fine

pizzaindapotty
Feb 10, 2012
You're used to this. I just got here. And yes, it is a huge state. We drove to San Diego earlier this week. It was a beautiful drive through the mountains.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

pizzaindapotty posted:

You're used to this. I just got here.

Eh fair enough.

it's slow moving though at least and it's pretty rare that it really gets fire-y outside of super rural areas (cuz that's where all the brush is)

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
What do you guys think of people who live in Las Vegas?

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Why are Californians so combative about their choice to put expensive housing in known fire zones

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spectral Debt posted:

What do you guys think of people who live in Las Vegas?

I only know a library hobo.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

pizzaindapotty posted:

You're used to this. I just got here. And yes, it is a huge state. We drove to San Diego earlier this week. It was a beautiful drive through the mountains.

Unrelated to the fire, but do you eat pizza in the potty?

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Moridin920 posted:

please don't try to insinuate CA has anything to do with goddamn Oregon/Washington hipsters

moridin how are you consistently the least funny or enjoyable part of any thread you post in

like i was going to make a post whining about how every time we have one of these threads some CA pissbitch shows up to seriouspost about how they're actually the best state in the nation or whatever and then i saw it was you

because of course it was you

you're the pissbitch

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FCKGW posted:

getting a real big chortle over here when bitch rear end punks from nothing states can't wrap their feeble minds around a state with 3 major metropolitan areas and make boneheaded statements about the people's republic of California

Lol only 3 metropolitan areas and the state is 90% of the coast. The Northeast chortles heartily.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Why are Californians so combative about their choice to put expensive housing in known fire zones

Why are people in Louisiana so combative about their choice to put literal shacks and hovels in known flood zones

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

End Of Worlds posted:

moridin how are you consistently the least funny or enjoyable part of any thread you post in

like i was going to make a post whining about how every time we have one of these threads some CA pissbitch shows up to seriouspost about how they're actually the best state in the nation or whatever and then i saw it was you

you're the pissbitch

harsh but fair

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

FogHelmut posted:

Lol only 3 metropolitan areas and the state is 90% of the coast. The Northeast chortles heartily.

3 major metropolitan areas sounds impressive if your point of comparison is iowa i guess

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

End Of Worlds posted:

you're the pissbitch

nice meltdown

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fuken goons,

*Says pride in ones country is stupid*

*Defends his state like his life depended on it*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i don't have pride or anything im simply stating the fact that CA is a nicer place to live than pretty much all the other states

as soon as CA collapses into the sea i'll go to the next best one and say im there bc it's the better than the others

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like you can move you know why are you so tied to defending like New Jersey or the South or whatever the gently caress everyone knows it sucks lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When California collapses into the ocean, then Nevada will be the new utopia.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Moridin920 posted:

i don't have pride or anything im simply stating the fact that CA is a nicer place to live than pretty much all the other states

as soon as CA collapses into the sea i'll go to the next best one and say im there bc it's the better than the others

the jastiger defense comes into play

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's just based on easily verifiable facts like CA's GDP is the biggest by far, our weather is nice, and the people are attractive and the women walk around in bikinis

plus we're not assholes to Mexicans like TX and AZ are so we have better Mexican food, and just great food in general because we have some pretty international cities between SF and LA and SD.

also, we have massive marine/AF/navy bases so if poo poo goes down we'll be among the first to receive Atom's glow

naem
May 29, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

When California collapses into the ocean, then Nevada will be the new utopia.

The Rocky Mountains will become an island chain

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

This guy looks guilty as gently caress. I'll bet he's to blame.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

salty mid-westerners ITT

sad mayonnaise based lifeforms are always hating on the cool burrito based lifeforms

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Excuse me the plate that CA is on is moving north, not west. Well be next to Oregon and Washington in a few million years and they'll have no coastline anymore, hah

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Lol this is Victorville on fire, expensive homes these ain't. Also it hasn't but d here in a while, it's not a fire zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

I think the issue is that it's not, your insistence on why your garbage state is the best not only starts out wrong but nobody gives a gently caress in the first place.

• Locked thread