Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
been away for a bit so i dont know if this has been done but congrats to being mod of gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Syncopated posted:

mod of gbs

oh it's far worse than that

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Syncopated posted:

been away for a bit so i dont know if this has been done but congrats to being mod of gbs

Cat Face Joe posted:

oh it's far worse than that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?adminid=43235&actfilt=-1&ban_month=&ban_year=#list

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my respect and admiration for Something Awful's greatest administrator, Smythe, is thoroughly documented.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh wow. they really loving flipped out over the Suicide Request rule. gbs is trash and i'm sad that smythe is forced to be aware of it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

here it is, if you want to see how Not Mad people can get about having to put the least imaginable effort into respecting their fellow human beings. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786851&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

idgi

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

check out the "approved by" column in the leper's colony, or i can spoil it for you by telling you that smythe is an admin now. just lemme know

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

GameCube posted:

check out the "approved by" column in the leper's colony, or i can spoil it for you by telling you that smythe is an admin now. just lemme know

really? like ozma level?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it's good to have friends in high places, so this is a good development for me

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i, for one, truly do not understand why anyone would willingly accept being even a moderator here, never mind an admin, but i'm sure if anyone can succeed at this job, it's smythe.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
can anyone say something awful...the play??

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

can anyone say something awful...the play??

I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

i, for one, truly do not understand why anyone would willingly accept being even a moderator here, never mind an admin, but i'm sure if anyone can succeed at this job, it's smythe.

I would rather leap out a window than be responsible in any way for this ark full of mentally ill people. I'm not strong enough.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
the suicide request ban rules because it's simultaneously a positive rule and trolls idiots

smythe good mod

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

wyoak posted:

smythe good

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I was once given ops on an irc channel I frequented and that was enough of a wake up call to realize I was wasting my life.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Glans Dillzig posted:

I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS.

:golfclap:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

smythe has been groomed for high office for some time now. it's why the cooking with smythe videos are now private

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thank you all :tipshat: ... it is a heavy burden......... but it must be borne for love of the forums.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

I would rather leap out a window than be responsible in any way for this ark full of mentally ill people. I'm not strong enough.

i have no idea how graph or why smythe does it.

the fastest way to get me to permaban myself with a HOT tag and my own rear end in a top hat goatseing you in the OP in glorious HD would be to give me a star of any color.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
yeah i was gonna say it seems like it's going a step too far but if you're willing to shoulder that burden in order to do the lord's work trolling gbs posters then thanks :glomp:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
let's not forget about the salary bump

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jonny 290 posted:

i have no idea how graph or why smythe does it

very carefully

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

i have no idea how graph or why smythe does it.

the fastest way to get me to permaban myself with a HOT tag and my own rear end in a top hat goatseing you in the OP in glorious HD would be to give me a star of any color.
lol i'm out

enjoy this shithole

Apr 7, 2003

jony ive aces posted:

lol i'm out

enjoy this shithole

lol what about that post prompted this kind of meltdown

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol what about that post prompted this kind of meltdown

that was jonny290's meltdown post lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
He's making fun of me, because I got upset at the forums and posted that literally like a year ago.

I have long-term stalkers in this subforum

Apr 7, 2003

oh lol

Apr 7, 2003

Remember when GBS 2.0 happened and it was okay to use racial slurs there for a short period, and a bunch of posters like Samuel Acksyn left here to go post there? Good times.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Fair's fair, though, and i'll now repost every memorable or funny jony ive aces post, so that we may savor them as well

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
sorry jonny you're actually one of my favourite posters :glomp:

in the past i've normally observed that people who return after a meltdown are more willing to joke about their own meltdown :(

Apr 7, 2003

Reminder that Amethyst still hasn't reregistered

I'm pretty sure his meltdown and ban is one of the best things I've ever done here

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Jonny 290 posted:

Fair's fair, though, and i'll now repost every memorable or funny jony ive aces post, so that we may savor them as well

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jony ive aces posted:

in the past i've normally observed that people who return after a meltdown are more willing to joke about their own meltdown :(

Yeah dude i dont give a gently caress. Yall are assholes, im an rear end in a top hat, sometimes the rear end in a top hat mass gets critical. We all do stupid poo poo, if yall get a laugh thats fine

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
wtf happened to rotor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jony ive aces posted:

so did Tom Collins disappear or does he have a new name? are you him?? :tinfoil:

• Locked thread