Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will crumble the quickest?
GEO
CXW
GOKU
View Results

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

misty mountaintop posted:

Not to harsh anyone's mellow but this is just federal private prisons and most private prisons are contracted at the state level.

I was gonna say this too.

Also, oh no the poor prisoners. Stop breaking the law assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the scary black men that get paroled as a result of this will probably steal all your guns and rape your daughter :ohdear:

Wow racist much? Mods?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

:Protip:

When a prison closes they dont free the prisoners.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

paul_soccer10 posted:

i would also like to kill that judge that was taking bribes from private prisons to give harsh sentences to defendants

This guy got 28 years in prison for it:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2011/08/11/139536686/pa-judge-sentenced-to-28-years-in-massive-juvenile-justice-bribery-scandal

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Forer posted:

You forgot, and TOTALLY punishment worthy of marijuanna posession.

Do people really go to prison for marijuana possession that isnt large amounts or a third strike thing?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fact: About 750,000 people are arrested every year for marijuana offenses in the U.S. There's a lot of variation across states in what happens next. Not all arrests lead to prosecutions, and relatively few people prosecuted and convicted of simple possession end up in jail. Most are fined or are placed into community supervision. About 40,000 inmates of state and federal prison have a current conviction involving marijuana, and about half of them are in for marijuana offenses alone; most of these were involved in distribution. Less than one percent are in for possession alone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ession-19691231

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Do you want me to post the gif again?

I pronounce it JIF in this case.

•A survey by the Bureau of Justice Statistics showed that 0.7% of all state inmates were behind bars for marijuana possession only (with many of them pleading down from more serious crimes).

https://learnaboutsam.org/the-issues/marijuana-and-whos-in-prison/

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

What do you want me to say? I already have stated my opinions on pot, many, MANY, loving times.

I also understand the.....Shudder......other side.

Legalize it, I agree.

If you wish a parody thread, I can accommodate. If you want a serious discussion, which seams to be the theme, no matter how ironic it seems in this thread, I can also accommodate.

I'm flexible like that. ;-*

I wasnt even replying to you originally, wtf are you going on about?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

You've replyed to two of my posts. Swallow my cum.

Maybe youre paranoid from smoking all that devil weed.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Kanish posted:

im sure theres literally nothing else to this story

Im glad someone said this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

So did I , I never got busted though.

• Locked thread