Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will crumble the quickest?
GEO
CXW
GOKU
View Results

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
so if the prisons aernt profitable, are they just going to let them go? or are we talking final solution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gigawhite posted:

I wish I could make a profit by keeping people incarcerated but the guy I have trapped in my crawlspace only has 8 bucks in his wallet

try taking his blood once a week

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah our prisons in the beginning were models for the rest of the civilized world.

im pretty sure the american prison system was created to provide a cheap slave rental service after the civil war

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Pride posted:

i used to work at GDLS as an engineer and we outsourced our harness manufacturing to prisons in north carolina where prisoners were paid like 8 cents per hour to do very technical manufacturing work for the military industrial complex

the people that sourced the materials to the prison workshops would tell us that the shops would go through way more electrical tape than other non-prison facilities and from my shady background i surmise they were rolling the tape up into a bar shape and melting the ends into sharp points because, well, prison

that's my story. hope you liked it. the end

i always post this clip when prisons come up. it sums up just how hosed the system is in a few min:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPZed8af9RI

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Pride posted:

this video is blocked in my country (US)

how amazingly unsuspicious

:psyduck:
its a clip from the BBC

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

What's up with ur AV?

i made a series of posts about the superiority of the card game Tanto Cuore over the card game Dominion in the board gaming thread. for some reason they didn't like it? :shrug:

Rutibex posted:

For some time now I have been looking for a "pure" deckbuilder to add to my collection. For a while I owned Thunderstone Advenced, and never played it (because it sucks really bad). I like to play Dominion on my phone, so I have considered Dominion. But it just seems too daunting, you know? I'm a bit of a completionist, and getting into Dominion would dominate my board gaming budget for the next 5 years. I have Race for the Galaxy and love it to death, though it is not a "pure" deck builder. After some soul searching I came to only one possibility:

I decided on Tanto Cuore for a variety of reasons. It is in many ways the most mechanically superior deck builder, better than even Dominion. Reasons that Tanto Cuore is superior to Dominion are many:

1) Better Balanced Currency

These are the Tanto Cuore treasure cards. The are called "love" but they are functionaly equivalent to copper/silver/gold. Notice anything different? The cost of these basic currencies is increased from typical Dominion. Instead of copper/silver/gold being 0/3/6 Love is 1/4/7. Why does this matter? Because it destroys the "Big Money" strategy, there is no big love. It almost never makes sense in Tanto Cuore to just buy more silver until you win.

2) Modular subsystems

Dominion has a few weird cards that add to the normal kingdom setup (like platinum coins) but for the most part every kingdom will be the same ten piles. Not so with Tanto Cuore! Every set of Tanto Cuore comes with some kind of gimmick cards, that can by added or removed from the game at your discretion. The first set adds a market row of "private maids" in addition to the static kingdom. The second set adds building cards that are played in front of you instead of going into your deck. The third set adds special challenge cards, that are rather like the monsters from Thunderstone. The fourth set adds a really cool alternative scoring method in beer cards. You can play with one, all, none, or any combination!

3) Each set is standalone

Each of the four Tanto Cuore sets are entirely stand alone. That means you can buy Oktoberfest Tanto Cuore (if you buy one set, make it Oktoberfest) without needing to buy the base game. It also means that buying two sets automatically allows you to play with more players at once (more basic cards). Tanto Cuore sets also come in better boxes that are more easily transported than dominion.

4) Victory Cards are more interesting

Each set of Tanto Cuore comes with unique victory cards. Unlike dominion, where you will always be fighting over the same old Estate/Duchy/Provence you are going after a unique pair of "Maid Chiefs". Tanto Cuore has done away with Duchy's (because who the hell buys Duchys?).

5)Trashing is more interesting

There is a unique mechanic in Tanto Cuore that allows you to fine tune your deck called "chambering". This allows you to (at the price of one or two actions) place a card from your hand in front of you (so it no longer clogging up your deck). You still get any victory points for maids you have "chambered", however maids that are in front of you are vulnerable to attack cards like "illness" or "bad habit". It is an interesting trade off, do you keep the maids in your deck (protected) or do you chamber them and leave yourself open to attack?

6)The theme/art is better

Anime maids might not be your thing, but the theme really is fairly harmless. I have already played a few games of Oktoberfest Tanto Cuore with my frat boy neighbors, and they love the game. Most of the card games I show them turn them off right away, they think its a "nerd game". But not Oktoberfest Tanto Cuore! Scoring with big breasted drunken German women was the push they needed to get away from playing rear end in a top hat with a deck of cards. Incidentally, if you find the themes in Tanto Cuore to be objectionable you might not have as much of a problem with the Oktoberfest edition. All of the women in the Oktoberfest edition are fairly well clothed, there are no upskirt panty shots, and there is no obvious pedo bait in the set. They have "cleaned up" their act a bit so to speak. A feminist might not like the set, but you could feel comfortable giving it to your dad as a gift.

Rutibex posted:

I have explored all of the Tanto Cuore cards, and there are a few Dominion staple that it is missing. I can't very well just buy Dominion expansions and play them with Tanto Cuore (well I could, the game is almost identical). I have decided it would be best if I instead "ported" a few Dominion staples over to Tanto Cuore. Dominion has a lot of boring chaff cards, but I think adding the cream of the crop to Tanto Cuore will really strengthen it. I've got a few test cards done (using Magic set creator of course, so easy!):

Rutibex posted:

I have been going though all of the Dominion cards and picking the best ones from many "top Dominion cards" to become Maids all day! I have made quite a few now, more than a full Dominions expansion worth :v: I have learned a lot about top level Dominion strategy (I have been playing wrong on my phone all along!) It is actually trickier to convert some of these than others, and I have started making up a few card of my own:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

what is this degeneracy

the deepest and best balanced card game available today

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

there's like 12 year old girls in bondage in that post you just posted

thats likely why i got the big red avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

Who did u suck off to get rid of the 100k probe? Was there a mod/anime involved? Were you sent to a private prison as a result?

i lived out the entire sentence in mind prison, like Miles O'brien

• Locked thread