Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will crumble the quickest?
GEO
CXW
GOKU
View Results

• Locked thread
EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Sheep-Goats posted:

Google "dead cat bounce." You usually (always?) have that after a big sellout. Part of it is that in general is a better strategy to sell parts of your portfolio that have done well to buy parts that have not if you have a balanced portfolio otherwise it will not stay balanced, and when a stock plunges its decreased price attracts a lot of these almost automated buys. Part of it is speculation on that one stock -- people/funds think it will weather X and buy because the price is good.

There's also a really good argument that a 33% drop in stock price is an overreaction to the news that something like 15% of their business is going away in the next five years, but gently caress private prisons, who would ever buy stock in that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol yeah but screw it im only holding it for a day to profit off other assholes buying this up

I admire your "make money off of rubes" spirit.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
80 cents an avocado? *immediately incarcerates self*

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

i sold that CXW this morning when i woke up for a tidy 7.5%

idk how i feel about that but whatever

cuck cuck im gay posted:

welp CCX is up 9% so if someone bought a ton of stock when it crumbled 2 days ago then sold it yesterday they made a pretty drat good ROI

:capitalism:

• Locked thread