Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will crumble the quickest?
GEO
CXW
GOKU
View Results

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

notZaar posted:

What's bad about them?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.ba6db7b18722

Everything apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

a cloth map posted:

How can the private sector possibly run something worse than the US government?

Money.

Simply put, they are given a certain amount of money and whatever they don't spend goes in their own pockets.

So of course they cut everything to minimum and soaked up the Au Jus.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why do they both have that little bump back up after the initial plunge?

Buy the loving Dip

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dogmeat posted:

But what are we supposed to do when it is the prisons that are breaking the laws?

An inversion. :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
A picture of the current stock holders of these corporations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

Keep all the private prisons open but fill them with people who own and support private prisons tia

Or turn it into ultra-low income housing.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Until such time as the DOJ says "Private prisons will be outlawed" these companies will survive.

IMO the 30% drop is an knee jerk reaction sell off. And unless states, that also pay for these prisons, follow the example of the feds, they will recover some of their value.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The DoJ's classification of marijuana is still horse poo poo.

DEA, but why mince poo poo when I can give you a huge loving sunbeam of hope.

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/10/489509471/dea-rejects-attempt-to-loosen-federal-restrictions-on-marijuana

Read the man's exact words.

Chuck Rosenberg posted:

Drug Enforcement Administration chief Chuck Rosenberg says the decision is rooted in science. Rosenberg gave "enormous weight" to conclusions by the Food and Drug Administration that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States," and by some measures, it remains highly vulnerable to abuse as the most commonly used illicit drug across the nation.

"This decision isn't based on danger. This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine," he said, "and it's not."

Notice his use of language. How he goes about telling us all that marijuana will still be schedule one.

His use of currently, His faith in science, His deference to the FDA and his trust in Science, means that; Should, with testing and facts based in scientific, peer reviewed studies, he, the loving director of the DEA, is willing and able, to change his mind.

We haven't had a director that, dare I say Liberal, in over twenty years.

Remember when it was simply, "DRUGS ARE ALL CRIMINALS, LOCK EM ALL UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY! EXECUTE THEM ALL"?

poo poo's come a long way, yo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I don't want to rain on the sunbeam here but "coming a long way" still means that fools get they rear end locked up for some sticky green still. Ain't no thing, and the science is in favor of medical marijuana, not against. Abuse of marijuana is not even remotely comparable to abuse of alcohol--the fact that liquor, which in the town I'm currently sitting in has proven to be a toxic pill of disease and despair, is legal, advertised, sold and the cornerstone of a massive vice industry is proof positive that there's absolutely no "common interest" at work with our drug classifications, and the most harmless, most healthful possible mind-altering substance, marijuana, is classified in the same category as loving heroin

And heroin is just a form of painkiller, like those ones you can be prescribed, and like the ones that are the fastest growing source of addiction in the country.

poo poo don't change overnight, yo.

And when it has, COUGH COUGH, poo poo get whack, yo.

Patience, yo.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But the president literally signed an act that ended alcohol prohibition on a federal level.

That's all Obama has to do, in fact, he can now do it as an executive order. Hell, he only has to give a single speech, and say the words "I now declare the War on Drugs ended."

Eat your vegetables, then you can have your dessert.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

935 posted:

Shame the FDA can't legally study the effects of marijuana because of it's current classification

That's also getting changed. Baby steps.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Holy poo poo was I beaten.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It literally just didn't get changed. Again, men have been serving lifetime prison sentences, although thankfully most of those, I believe, have been commuted.

:420::350::2bong::350::420:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Every day I pray that our government would open its eyes to the fact that life for everyone would be a lot better if they just stopped doing awful poo poo.

Step one, outlaw your posting. :v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rutibex posted:

:psyduck:
its a clip from the BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiaqgFDwOjs
?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

JB50 posted:

Do people really go to prison for marijuana possession that isnt large amounts or a third strike thing?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

JB50 posted:

Fact: About 750,000 people are arrested every year for marijuana offenses in the U.S. There's a lot of variation across states in what happens next. Not all arrests lead to prosecutions, and relatively few people prosecuted and convicted of simple possession end up in jail. Most are fined or are placed into community supervision. About 40,000 inmates of state and federal prison have a current conviction involving marijuana, and about half of them are in for marijuana offenses alone; most of these were involved in distribution. Less than one percent are in for possession alone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ession-19691231

Do you want me to post the gif again?

I pronounce it JIF in this case.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

JB50 posted:

•A survey by the Bureau of Justice Statistics showed that 0.7% of all state inmates were behind bars for marijuana possession only (with many of them pleading down from more serious crimes).

https://learnaboutsam.org/the-issues/marijuana-and-whos-in-prison/

What do you want me to say? I already have stated my opinions on pot, many, MANY, loving times.

I also understand the.....Shudder......other side.

Legalize it, I agree.

If you wish a parody thread, I can accommodate. If you want a serious discussion, which seams to be the theme, no matter how ironic it seems in this thread, I can also accommodate.

I'm flexible like that. ;-*

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

JB50 posted:

I wasnt even replying to you originally, wtf are you going on about?

You've replyed to two of my posts. Swallow my cum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

JB50 posted:

Maybe youre paranoid from smoking all that devil weed.

Until my dillz is shoved into the back of your throat and my progeny flows freely into your stomach, go gently caress yourself.

Thank you for your time.

• Locked thread