Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
  • Locked thread
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Chapter 0: Get Lost

The storm appeared out of nowhere. No ordinary meteorology could have predicted it. First dark clouds appeared out of the sky with lightning flashing within. The storm clouds seemed to grow as if they were pushing through a doorway. The winds began to pick up speed and lightning began to shoot out of the cloud. Thunder cracked offering up a aural menace to the storm. Little rain fell from the storm as the winds began to move in a circular pattern around the clouds. Anyone looking at the strange cloud formation might be forgiven if they thought it was some kind of anomalous hurricane. Just as the storm stopped growing, it moved. It laid waste to everything in its path. Whether by the strong winds or lightning, the storm wreaked havoc as it moved across the land. Those unfortunate who could not escape the storm found themselves carried off by the winds and into the storm itself. They lost sight of everything except the blackness of the storm and heard nothing but the winds of the storm.. And even though the storm's fury showed no mercy to the landscape those picked up by the storm found themselves unharmed.

After being carried by the winds for what seemed like forever, the clouds began to lighten up. The wind died off and the storm began to shrink. While the storm died down, those within the storm found themselves falling down. Bracing for impact, they hit water and begin to sink. They find themselves immersed in warm salty water. Bouncing up to the surface, their eyes adjust to sunny cloudless sky above them. Looking around, they see that they are in a sea or ocean and there's a beach.

The beach appears to have littered with trash, but on second glance it appears that what's on the beach is flotsam being washed in from the sea. Looking landward, beyond the beach about one hundred feet back there are palm trees and various green bushes. It becomes apparent that the only signs of civilization is in the debris washing up on shore.

Welcome to the "Game of Worlds" game thread. This thread is for Team A, Team B aka "Sturm Und Drang" will be going up later. I'm running this game as same as I run my other games. Here's what you need to know before you post.

General rules for this game are as follows:


Post format:
Name - Location

In game text.

actions and rules stuff

Out of character posts can either be regular text without a name tag or in italics. If I need stat blocks, then use either [pre] or [super] tags. As long as things are fairly easy to read, I'm good.

I need people to be fairly consistent posters. I'd rather not have to repeatedly prompt people to post. If something comes up, just let me know and I'll work around it. If the game isn't working out for you or if there's some reason you want to drop, please let me know. If its a non-game related problem, I can work around it or at the very least make sure it doesn't impact the other players too much. If the problem involves the game itself, then I'll do what I can to resolve the problem.
The recruitment thread is here.

The characters start in the shallow waters off of a beach somewhere in the south pacific. Equipment and health are exempt from damage until they reach the shore.


Here is the list of Characters - Players:

Naomi Aoshima - GTD Aquitaine
Jeff Florence - Fraction Jackson
Irina Vasilieva - Axe-man
Courtney D'Arvent - Davin Valkri
Miles Sauer - A Velociraptor!
Azure Lemaire - Platonicsolid
Hector the Weasel - paradoxGentleman

Any and all comments, questions, or commentary can be posted in the Recruitment Thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irena Vasilieva - Unknown Beach

She had been in the deep woods going toward the British border when the storm took her up. Spinning in the air, she felt like she was flying in the worst way, uncontrollably. Clutching the wet bag in her hands she tried to focus on rolling when she hit the ground. She had been parachuting enough to know that it was going to hurt when she hit and so she braced. There was the hope she wouldn't break a leg and would be able to find some outlying farm house to get help.

Irena never felt the hard ground contact and instead felt the sting of water, it was a sudden shock. The water was actually warm, the shock almost caused her to lose her bag in the drop. Instead she started swimming toward the shore with all her might. The junk on the beach wasn't to be expected, but right now, she was too concerned about surviving to care about the inconsistencies with the beach itself.

After the mad dash toward the beach, she crawled out of the water and panted against a large fallen log that seemed from a cedar forest of some sort. Looking back into the surf she saw others out and stood up waving to them. Thinking that the people in the surf were civilized, she shouted in russian "Di syuda! YA mogu pomoch' grazhdaninu !" Then realizing that she could be in the America's still, she translated, "Come to the shore! I can give help!"

It was that moment where she had a chance to breath that she realized this was not a Northern New England Lake, but an actual shore, "This looks like we are off of Yapan... how did this happen." She said absentmindedly under her breathe.

Trying more time she shouted to the people still in the water, "Shichizun wa-" a pause as she searched for words"watashi wa anata ni sore- anzen o... tasukemasu!" At least Yapanese Russians would be able to get the jist she cursed not having thought to study old Yapanese. Most spoke Russian like proper people!

Character Sheet
pre:
Name:	Irina Vasilieva	CP:      	255
Height:	5'9"	        Disadv limit:	35
Weight:	130	        CP Used: 	255
Eyes:	Hazel	        CP Left: 	0
Hair:	Brown		
Age:	26		

Attributes	CP	146
ST	10		
DX 	14	80	
IQ	13	60	
HT	10		
			
HP	13	6	
Will	13		
Per	13		
FP	10	

Basic Lift	20

Damage	
Thrust:	1d-2
Swing:	1d	

Basic Speed	6
Basic Move	6
Dodge   	10

Languages	Spoken	Written 	CP
Russian(Native)	Fluent	Fluent  	0
English        Accented	Accented	4
Yapanese	Broken	None    	1

Culture	                        	CP
Russian 	Cornwallis       	0

Advantages	                	CP
Combat Reflexes	                	15
High Pain Tolerance	        	10
Absolute Direction	        	5
Attractive	                        4
Fit                                     5	

Perks	                        	CP
No Hangover	                	1

Disadvantages            		CP
Low TL -1	                	-5
Overconfidence	                 	-5
Workaholic	                	-5
Light Sleeper	                	-5
Code of Honor**	Russian Democratist	-10

Quirks   	                	CP
Broad-Minded	                 	-1
Congenial	                	-1
Responsive                      	-1
Like Alcohol	                	-1
Nosy	                        	-1

Skills          	Stat/Diff	Stat Mods	Level	CP	Notes
Smuggler!*      	DX/VH*3 	DX+2    	16	48	 
Acrobatics      	DX/VH   	DX-2    	12	2	
Acting          	IQ/Avg  	IQ-1    	12	1	
Artillery/Bombs  	IQ/Avg  	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Artist/Drawing   	IQ/H    	IQ-2    	11	1	
Bicycling        	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	
Boating         	DX/Avg  	DX-1    	13	1	
Body Language    	Per/Avg 	Per-1   	12	1	
Camouflage      	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	14	1	
Carousing       	HT/E    	HT+0    	10	1	
Climbing        	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	
Computer Operation	IQ/E     	IQ+0    	13	1	
Connoisseur Dance	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	
Cooking         	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	
Dancing         	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	
Diplomacy       	IQ/H    	IQ-1    	12	2	
Disguise         	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Driving Auto    	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	TL 6
Driving Motorcycle	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	TL 6
Electronics Repair	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Explosives      	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Fast-Draw Knife  	DX/E    	DX+0+1    	15	1	
Fast-Draw Pistol   	DX/E    	DX+0+1    	15	1	
First Aid        	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	13	1	TL 6
Forgery         	IQ/H    	IQ-1     	12	2	TL 6
Forward Observer	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1     	12	1	TL 6
Gunner Machine Gun	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Gunner Rockets   	DX/E    	DX+0            14	1	TL 6
Gun Pistol      	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Gun Assault Rifle 	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Hiking           	HT/Avg  	HT-1    	9	1	
Intimidation     	Will/Avg      	Will-1   	12	1	
Judo            	DX/H    	DX-2     	12	1	
Karate          	DX/H    	DX-2    	12	1	
Knot Tying       	DX/E     	DX+0    	14	1	
Lip Reading      	Per/Avg  	Per-1   	12	1	
Makeup           	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	13	1	TL 6
Knife           	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Mechanic Heavy Aircraft	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1       TL 6
Merchant        	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1     	12	1	
Navigation Air   	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1+3    	15	1	TL 6
Parachuting     	DX/E     	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Piloting Heavy Aircraft	DX/Avg   	DX+0    	14	2	TL 6
Propaganda      	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Riding           	DX/Avg  	DX-1    	13	1	
Scrounging      	Per/E   	Per+0   	13	1	
Soldier         	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	
Survival Woodlands	Per/Avg  	Per-1    	12	1	
Swimming        	HT/E    	HT+0    	10	1	
	
Totals	
Stats:  	154
Advantages:	36
Disadvantages:	-35
Skills: 	100
Total:  	255

Equipment
Starting Wealth:	5000
Money Spent:    	3605.25
Money Left:     	1394.75
Combat Weight   	22.6
OoC Weight      	45.55
Combat Encumberance	Light
OoC Encumberance	Medium

Item               	Location	Weight	Cost	Notes
Steel toed Boots	Feet    	4	100	6/2
Goggles          	Head    	- 	20	1 DR
Nagant R-1925    	Belt    	2	400	TL 6
Multitool        	Belt    	0.5	50	
Undercover Clothing	Body    	2	600	Holdout +1
AK-68           	Back    	10.1	450	TL 6
Warm Leather Jacket	Torso    	4	50	1 Dr
Filtered Canteen	Bugout Bag	3	25	TL 6
First Aid Kit    	Bugout bag	1	10	
Flashlight Heavy	Bugout bag	1	20	TL 6
Personal basics  	Bugout bag	1	5	TL 6
Binoculars      	Bugout bag	3	150	TL 6
7.62x39mmR ammo 	Bugout bag	0.5	50	2 reloads
Hobo Knife      	Bugout bag	0.25	5	
Box of Matches   	Bugout bag	-	0.25	TL 6 waterproof
Flares (3)      	Bugout bag	3	15	TL 6
Water Purify Tabs	Bugout bag	-	5	TL 6
7.62x39mm        	Bugout bag	3.2	60	2 Clips
Good Lockpicks   	body    	-	250	lockpicking +1
Wristwatch      	wrist   	-	20	
Expensive Formal wear	Bugout bag	2	1200	
Cosmetics       	Bugout bag	2	60	
Bug out Bag (backpack)	back    	3	60	

Ranged Weapons  	Damage  	Acc|Range	RoF|Shots	Notes
Nagant R-1925   	2d-1 pi-	2|140-1500	3|7(5i) 	Rcl 2 Bulk-2
AK-68           	5d+1 pi  	4|500-3100	10|30(3)	Rcl 2 Bulk-6
*Smuggler! DX Electronics Operation (Security and Surveillance), Escape, Forced Entry, Observation, Stealth, Lock-picking, Holdout, Smuggling, Fast-Talk, Detect Lies

**Russian Democraticist Oath: Protect Democracy and the Republic no matter where it lies. Subvert and free the masses to the best of your ability and influence. Oppose tyrants either by subterfuge or actively by force of arms whenever possible. Spread the light of democracy and guard against the subversion both inside and out.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Oct 18, 2016 around 15:42

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure Lemaire
Unknown Beach

The storm came on without warning. In one heartbeat, they were descending towards the sprawl, smooth and even as you could want. The next, the whole plane jolted, dropping suddenly, as if batted at by an angry toddler. Azure's body twisted, slamming against a wall, only to flop back to the deck, dazing the telepath. The panic radiated from the pilots as they fought to create stability for their wounded machine.

~Miss Saliteri?~ Azure casted out, her mind and hands groping as she stood. ~Guenivere~ she reiterated, already feeling uncomfortable with such familiarity. A shock of blonde hair. Red.

~Gwen?~ A hand pushed aside moisture from her eyes.

"Buckle in now!" the captain called over the intercom. The whole plane shook, knocking Azure off her feet. It lurched, and then....


....falling.

She was falling. Azure twisted in the air, flailing in the darkness as she tried to grip something. Nothing. Vision returned just as the water rushed up to meet her.

SPLOOSH!

Water all about her. Water and bubbles, Azure kicked hard with her legs, trying to remember her training. One class, years ago, really, corporate emergency procedures refresher.

Strong kicks finally brought her up, gasping for breath. Debris floated on the water. There, just in reach, her suitcase, bobbing happily. Azure swam to it and threw her arms over it, using it as a makeshift life raft. If she survived, the Supercase Company would get quite the letter.

There, just beyond, her purse! Of all things....Azure kicked a few times, grabbing it. These meager possessions in had, the woman took a moment to survey her situation.

Flotsam scattered about her, metal here, a seat cushion there. No plane. No bodies.

What had hit them? A question for another moment, when out of the water. In another context, the warm ocean would be relaxing. As it was, Azure worried about sharks.

Stretches of kicking mixed with brief float breaks, the ratio shifting towards the latter as Azure closed in on the island. There on the beach, a madwoman, waving her arms and shouting something. Azure's eyes narrowed. She could touch minds at this distance, she wagered, with enough focus. That would cut into her swimming, though, and delay her arrival on dry land.

Priorities, after all.

An eternity seems to pass before the ocean floor comes into view through the water, Azure propelled the last distance by gentle waves. She stands, shouldering her purse and dragging her bag with her up the beach with almost comically large stomps in the stand. Halfway towards the tree line, she turns, drops her items, and flops into the sand to catch her breath. That other woman can come to her, if she really must.

pre:
Name			Azure Lemaire						
TL			7								
Points Allowed		250								
Points Spent		250								
Points Remaining	0								
										
Attributes		120						
		Value	Cost								
ST		10	0								
DX		12	40								
IQ		14	80								
HT		10	0								
										
		Value	Cost	Default							
HP		10	0	ST							
PER		14	0	IQ							
WILL		14	0	IQ							
FP		10	0	HT							
Basic Speed	5.5	0	(HT+DX)/4							
Basic Move	5	0	Integer BS							
Dodge		8									
										
	Thrust	Swing								
DMG	1d-2	1d								
										
BL and Encumberance										
BL	None	Light	Medium	Heavy 	Extra-Heavy					
29	29	48	87	174	290					
										
Advantages										
			Level	Pts/Lvl	Mod	125						
Telepathy Sense		2		0	13						
Mind Shield		4	4	0	16						
Telepathy Talent	5	5	0	25						
Telesend		4		0	24						
Telescan		4		0	20						
 (Takes Rechare, 15s)										
Telereceive (Shallow)	4		0	27						
										
										
Disadvantages										
			Level	Pts/Lvl	Mod	-30						
Mute			2		0	-25						
Workaholic					-5						
										
Quirks						-5						
Habit: Proper Address				-1						
TBD						-1						
TBD						-1						
TBD						-1						
TBD						-1						
										
Skills				28						
Skill			Base	Skill	Diff	Cost	Mod	Total				
Administration		IQ	13	Average	1	0	13				
Body Language		PER	13	Average	1	0	13				
Cooking			IQ	13	Average	1	0	13				
Dancing			DX	11	Average	1	0	11				
Detect Lies		PER	13	Hard	2	0	13				
Diplomacy		IQ	12	Hard	1	0	12				
Driving (Auto.)/TL-7	DX	11	Average	1	0	11				
Finance			IQ	12	Hard	1	0	12				
First Aid/TL7		IQ	14	Easy	1	0	14				
Guns (Pistol)/TL7	DX	14	Easy	4	0	14				
Intimidation		WILL	13	Average	1	0	13				
Judo			DX	12	Hard	4	0	12				
Leadership		IQ	13	Average	1	0	13				
Mind Shield		WILL	11	Hard	0	5	16				
Observation		PER	14	Average	2	0	14				
Psychology		IQ	13	Hard	2	0	13				
Public Speaking		IQ	13	Average	1	0	13				
Research/TL7		IQ	13	Average	1	0	13				
Search			PER	13	Average	1	0	13				
Telepathy Sense		PER	11	Hard	0	5	16				
Telereceive		IQ	11	Hard	0	5	16				
Telescan		PER	11	Hard	0	5	16				
Telesend		IQ	11	Hard	0	5	16				
Writing			IQ	13	Average	1	0	13				
										
Skills					12					
Technique	Ctl. Att	Default	Base	Diff	Cost	Total				
Telereceive	Deep Probe	-8	8	Hard	0	8				
Telereceive	Multiplicity	-5	11	Hard	0	11				
Telereceive	New Approach	-5	11	Hard	0	11				
Telereceive	Universal	-5	11	Hard	6	16				
Telesend	Broadcast	-7	9	Hard	6	14				
Telesend	Full Communion	-2	14	Hard	0	14				
Telesend	Secure	-2	14	Hard	0	14				
Telesend	Send Senses	-4	12	Hard	0	12				
Telescan	Omniscan	-10	6	Hard	0	6				
Mind Shield	Expansion	-6	10	Hard	0	10				
Mind Shield	Mind Trap	-5	11	Hard	0	11				
										
Languages			Level	Cost						
English			Native	0						
										
Equipment										
										
Melee Weapons	Damage	Reach	Parry	Cost	Weight	ST				
										
Guns			Damage	Acc	Range		Weight	RoF	Shots	ST	Bulk	Rcl	Cost
Fine Auto Pistol, 9mm	2d+2 pi	3	150/1850	2.6/0.6	3	15+1(3)	9	-2	2	$1,200.00
9mm Ammunition	60	$48.00	2.4							
										
Item			Cost	Weight	Notes							
Travel Bag/TL5		$60.00	10	Holds 100lbs							
Cigarette Lighter/TL6	$10.00	0								
Cosmetics (Status 2)	$300.00	2								
Extra Tapes (x5)	$25.00	0								
First Aid Kit/TL7	$50.00	2	+1 to First Aid							
Formal Wear (Status 2)	$1,200.	2	2								
Grooming Kit/TL5	$25.00	0.5								
Handbag/TL5		$10.00	1	Holds up to 10lbs							
Mini-Flashlight/TL6	$10.00	0.25								
Minirecorder/TL7	$200.00	0.5								
Mirror/TL5		$5.00	0								
Multi-Func. Knife/TL5	$25.00	0								
Ordinary Clothes (St1)	$600.00	2								
Sewing Kit/TL5		$1.00	0								
Transistor Radio/TL7	$15.00	0.5								
Wristwatch		$25.00	0								
										
Totals			$3,809.00	25.75								

CP/FP Tracker posted:

Hike through the Jungle
+5 CP, -7 FP

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Oct 18, 2016 around 02:23

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff Florence - Somewhere Over the Rainbow???

The rolling hills and green of the Poconos had always been good for Jeff Florence when he needed to get away from the studio.

Sure, the studio was his life - well, half of it. But times were getting a bit tough for the band. Not financially - they'd been doing better than they ever had before on that front. Three singles off of Forge, tons of airtime, a killer tour opening for the Asbury Jukes and the E Street Band. There were grumblings now, though. Worries that they should be breaking through even bigger but never would. Worries that maybe this was the best that they could do. Jeff felt it too. And the other things he did - it was tough sometimes to keep the band life and all of that separate. He was a musician, an artist, not a juggler.

So he had come out to the middle of nowhere, pack and loaded six-string on his back to find a spot. To listen to the song on the breeze, and draw up a few tunes. And maybe, just maybe, when he got back they could start recording and really show everyone that East Coast sound.

In the middle of strumming, he began to notice the storm. Oh, drat it to hell. There was barely time enough to throw his stuff together. He was glad he hadn't even set up his tent, such as it was. There wasn't time to get back to the truck, all the way down the hill, tumbling further and further below as the storm picks him up like an insect and scatters him away.

Not like this, he had time to think, before he blacked out.

- - - - -

He came to with the sting of salt in his eyes and a ringing from hell in his ears. And soaked. Slowly he realizes where he is, or at least where he isn't. He wonders how it is he didn't drown. He wonders how he must have gotten blown clear past Atlantic City. But he sees land and junk and what might be people, and so that's the only reasonable place to be headed. Not like he has much choice. It's that or tread water 'til he drowns. His backpack and his gig bag would make that fate come around quicker than usual.

He freestyles his way in, fear and confusion giving him a burst of speed and energy. And when he gets to shallow enough a spot to stand, he takes a few heaving breaths. He takes a couple unsure steps further in, waves licking at his shins. And then, finally, with an utterly bewildered yawp, he finds his voice again.

"What the hell," he shouts between breaths, aimed at no one in particular and perhaps only for the benefit of his own state of mind, "just happened!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irena- Unknown Beach

She recognized the odd accent as more the British Western Territories, "British Colonies? Come out of the water, how hurt? We need to make sure all are good and not hurt." She said in her English, to the strange man in the water. Her military training kicked in and she was triaging everyone, the man was walking but the woman had slumped to the ground in her strange clothing. The heat was starting to get to Irena and she slipped off her leather flight jacket.

As she did she revealed a work shirt with strange markings on it, the woman appeared to be exhausted. Though she had ignored Irena, that was no bother. She turned to the man, "Let me check." Motioning to the woman in the sand.

Approaching her, she waved slightly and said, "Are you good?" Guessing that like the man this woman in the strange clothing was british colonial.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2016 around 23:21

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Naomi Aoshima – The Beach at the End of the World

The fuckers were coming. She’d seen their usual haunts empty, not strange enough to set off all the alarms but enough to put her on edge, and when the panicked word came down from Helena at the toll bunker on Wyatt Petrochemical Proudly Presents Wyatt Turnpike 3, Naomi crammed everything she could manage into her sack and dashed out into the driving storm. The loke had enough bulk left in it to make Superior, remote enough from Michigan City for things to cool down, or for her to jump the border into Texas or the United States. Wouldn’t be the first time.

The loke was only a twenty-meter dash from the cabin, but she never made it. The wind howled louder than wind had any right to howl, and she felt it lift her off the ground – tornader, probably. The power of nature made her own power seem like worthless nothing.

She flew until she fell, devoid of fear, devoid of anything. The incessant windy roar battered her ears for do long that it was a strange departure when it began to quiet. Soon she was not flying but falling g, down, down into a shivering sea.

Gasping and spluttering, she crashed her way to the beach through water that was cleaner than Lake Michigan water had any right being. But that must be where the wind had dropped her, right?

Right?

Stat block will be edited here on Sunday, when I return to my computer. I will post as I can until then.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff Florence - Somewhere Over the Rainbow???

"I'm-" He pauses. Is he fine? "I'm fine," he says. He isn't real sure, but he says it. "Colonies?" He began to question: Someone says that, and am I fine?

He drags himself the rest of the way out of the water. He looks back. "More out there," Jeff observes. "...you check her," he suggests between labored breaths, and drops the bag and the guitar a few paces above the waterline. "I'll keep an eye out here."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Unknown Beach theme


Once Courtney reaches the top of their lift by the gale force winds ("'hurricane season isn't for three months'--nuts!") they almost think it's not so bad, the strange weightless feeling. Well, as long as it lasts--then they go right into the drink!

Could always be worse, they suppose once they've bobbed up to the surface. They could have been weighed down with cement. As it is, they swim and make it to shore...whereupon they start coughing up seawater.

"Haaack! Haa haa...gaaah..." They stand up, shake their head, and shiver. Bespoke shirts may be swank, but they aren't waterproof. "Of course I left my gabardine in the basement. Lousy pill draggin' a good honest private dick all the way out to the beach..." Then they look up and see others. Not his runner, though. "Well, ain't this a fine mess you've gotten yourself into, Court. Hey! Hey over there!"


Name: Courtney D'Arvent
Race: Human

Attributes [137]
ST 10
DX 13 [60]
IQ 13 [60]
HT 11 [10]

HP 11 [2]
Will 13
Per 14 [5]
FP 11

Basic Lift 20
Damage 1d-2/1d

Basic Speed 6
Basic Move 6

Ground Move 6
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 6 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: Western* (Native) [0].
Languages: English* (Native) [0]; Italian (Broken) [2]; Japanese (Accented/None) [2].

Advantages [69]
Acute Hearing (1) [2]
Acute Vision (1) [2]
Appearance (Handsome) (Androgynous) [12]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Eidetic Memory (Photographic) [10]
Magery (1) (Song) [6]
Magery 0 (Song) [3]
Magic Resistance (2) (Improved) [10]
Sensitive [5]

Perks [1]
Weapon Bond (Guns (Pistol)) [1]

Disadvantages [-30]
Code of Honor (Professional Detective) [-5]
Light Sleeper [-5]
Low Pain Threshold [-10]
Low TL (-1) [-5]
Skinny [-5]

Quirks [-5]
Alcohol Intolerance (I blame Prohibition!) [-1]
Broad-Minded (How many different ways can you say "cheers!"?) [-1]
Congenial (Everything is better with buddies) [-1]
Habit (Theatrical in expressing emotion) [-1]
Habit (Whistles or hums almost all the time) [-1]

Skills [70]
Aerobatics DX/H - DX+0 13 [4]
Alchemy/TL6 (Analysis) IQ/VH - IQ-1 12 [4]
Body Language (Human) Per/A - Per-1 13 [1]
Brawling DX/E - DX+1 14 [2]
Carousing HT/E - HT+0 11 [1]
Connoisseur (Music) IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Detective! (Criminology, Detect Lies, Forensics, Interrogation, Law (Home world--Bughouse 7), Observation, Research, Search, Shadowing, Stealth, and Streetwise) IQ/WC - IQ+0 13 [24]
Diplomacy IQ/H - IQ-1 12 [2]
Fast-Draw (Pistol) DX/E - DX+1 14 [1]
includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
Fast-Talk IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
First Aid/TL6 (Human) IQ/E - IQ+1 14 [2]
Guns/TL6 (Pistol) DX/E - DX+2 15 [4]
Holdout IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Lockpicking/TL6 IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [2]
Navigation/TL6 (Land) IQ/A - IQ-1 12 [1]
Running HT/A - HT+1 12 [4]
Savoir-Faire (Mafia) IQ/E - IQ+0 13 [1]
Singing HT/E - HT+3 14 [8]
Spear DX/A = DX-1 12 [1]
Swimming HT/E - HT+1 12 [2]
Throwing DX/A - DX-1 12 [1]
Urban Survival Per/A - Per-1 13 [1]

Spells [8]
Aura IQ/H - IQ+1 14 [4]
Detect Magic IQ/H - IQ+1 14 [4]

Stats [137] Ads [69] Disads [-30] Quirks [-5] Skills [71] Spells [8] = Total [251] 4 CP remaining

Hand Weapons
1 Brass Knuckles LC:4 $10 Wgt:.25
Dam:1d-2 cr Reach:C Parry:11 ST:­ Skill:SK:Boxing, SK:Brawling, SK:Karate, ST:DX Notes:[5]

Ranged Weapons
1 S&W Model 27, .357 Magnum (Very Fine, +2 Acc +1 Malf) LC:3 Dam:3d pi Acc:4 Range:190 / 2100
RoF:3 Shots:6(3i) ST:10 Bulk:-2 Rcl:3 $3000 Wgt:3 Notes:[2]

Armor & Possessions
1 Bandages $10 Wgt:1 Location:
1 Canteen $10 Wgt:3 Location:
1 Cigarette Lighter $10 Wgt:0 Location:
1 Flashlight, Heavy $20 Wgt:1 Location:
4 Gold Piece $320 Wgt:.016 Location:
1 Gun-Cleaning Kit $20 Wgt:.5 Location:
1 Handcuffs $40 Wgt:.5 Location:
1 Holster, Concealed Back $50 Wgt:1 Location:
1 Lockpicks $50 Wgt:.1 Location:
1 Matches $1.5 Wgt:0 Location:
1 Ordinary Clothes $120 Wgt:2 Location:
1 Personal Basics ("Altoids Mint Tin" Generic Survival Gear) $17 Wgt:1 Location:
4 Revolver Speedloader $40 Wgt:.4 Location:
5 Revolver, .357M (Ammunition) $21 Wgt:1.05 Location: (Intended as 5 reloads = 30 bullets)
1 Silk Vest $800 Wgt:6 Location:torso
1 Silk Vest Steel Plate $400 Wgt:6 Location:torso
1 Sneakers $40 Wgt:2 Location:feet
1 Wristwatch $20 Wgt:0 Location:

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at Dec 19, 2016 around 06:14

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure

The woman coughs a few times, then sits up, looking about. She shakes her head and gets sand out of it. Still worth it, to lie down. She tugs at her dress as she stands, brushing more sand off her. A thumbs up at the woman in uniform.

Captain.

Somebody military, even if she doesn't recognize the uniform. There are others washing up on the beach now. Azure takes a moment to remove her shoes - who knows if they'll be salvagable - and stands, watching with attentive eyes.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irena- Unknown Beach

"Ah good. Rest." She said without thinking, in Irena's head a mental checklist was forming, and now that two were alright, she was going to turn her attention to the surf again. The woman had said something Irena thought, but she hadn't paid total attention to it, she was running off the next item on the check list, the people in the water. Irena started walking back toward the man and looked into the surf seeing a few more figures still out there. "She is fine." Irena said in reference to the woman on the beach, as she came back to the man on the beach. "Are you a Washingtonian?" Irena asked appearing to be offhandedly. She knew her accent gave her away, but she wasn't exactly trying to hide who she was, however, her mission was as secret as it could be.

She yelled at the man closest to them, "Come in out of the water. Come rest." Her hands on her hips at she watched them struggle against the surf in a casual suit. She shook her head wondering how they had survived with all that weight on them. "These trees and water look like they are closer to Yapan than New London." She said casually.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff Florence - Somewhere Over the Rainbow???

"Washingt..." He shakes his head. "No, I'm from eastern PA, I-" he grumbles. "Nevermind that, it can wait, I-" He keeps stopping in mid-sentence. Complete thoughts were a long way away, with what had happened. He didn't have the capacity to even worry about it. "Later," he clarifies.

"Over here," he calls out, and starts pacing back and forth, ready to help pull anyone else coming out of the surf.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irena- Unknown Beach

"You Masons are quaint." She said shaking her head, not sure what PA was but sure it was another coded word.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Unknown Beach

"I'm alright, I'm all square!" Courtney calls out to the waving people as he half walks, half crawls over. "I'm just...hah, I've heard of being half seas over, but this is a completely different meaning of wet!" They yank off their tie and start flapping it around, sending drops of seawater all over. "That's never getting dry, is it. So, uh..." they look at the group taking shelter from the waves. They haven't got a clue what they're wearing, but they definitely aren't wearing their prisoner's outfit. Not nearly newfangled looking enough. "You lot see a fugitive type anywhere round here? In, uh...I'd say some queer get up, but all your clothes look funny."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irena- Unknown Beach

How else should an officer dress? Irena thought mercilessly, "You are strange, but not monarchist." She said pointedly, "First we get everyone safe then we talk clothing." She said pointedly, looking past them impatiently, seeing another woman in the water. "She looks like she took a tumble." Irena appears to be deciding whether to attempt to save the woman, or hold back and wait for it. She bites her lip and looks wistfully past her and realizes that she doesn't see any plane debris that she recognizes. Maybe the shooting of Yuri was just a dream? It was possible, she had flown non stop from Yapan...

The lack of fellow Citizens was disconcerting, she was expecting more... consistency.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles Sauer - LOST

The storm would be a welcome relief from what he was running from. Or so he had hoped.

The cracking of gunshots falls away behind him as he moves forward, with the storm gaining in ferocity. The trees around him suddenly begin to crack and some are even lifted up into the sky, roots and all. Before he can even work out a way to escape it, he's lifted completely from his feet by the sheer power of the wind and flung through the air like a leaf.

He yells out, but even his voice is carried off by the storm. After what feels like hours of tumbling through the air, his voice finally returns when the clouds part around him and he suddenly drops like a rock. He feels this is it. If he's not already dead then the sudden impact of hitting ground will surely make him so. But it's water he hits instead, which, although it spares his life, brings it's own deadly problems. Being a man of considerable bulk and dressed in full armour, he's filled with the new panic of drowning.

Just before his head is dragged under the water, he catches sight of a beach barely a few strokes away. He can make it. He knows he can. He must. His strength comes in spades and now it proves it's worth more than ever as he fights with every ounce of might he can muster. Lashing forward he soon feels his feet graciously touch sandy ground and he redirects his efforts to walking himself back up to air. With the last of his held breath just about to give out, his head breaches the water's surface and he chugs the air down with relief.

Moving with fierce determination still, we wades his way to the beach front. There are people gathered there with some reaching out to help. He grabs at any hand offered and welcomes the help before collapsing onto his back with a wet, heavy thud. The waves lap at his body as he regains his breath. He squints up to the bright sky above, his eyes stinging from the warm, salty water. Where is he?

He rolls his head from side to side and now sees the wreckage littered across the beach. The people around him are dressed strangely, but each appears to have had the same arrival he did. Most appear friendly at a glance and none seem outwardly hostile or they would have struck him by now. He takes a last deep breath and gets onto to his feet, feeling five times heavier now that his clothes under the armour and the cloak on his back are soaked to the skin.

He draws himself up to his full height and stands before them; six and a half inches of muscle, clad in well-kept armour with a fine sword sheathed at his side. He is every bit the image of a medieval knight.

"If this is heaven then you are the strangest angels I can imagine."

pre:
Name:	Miles Sauer	
Height:	6'5"	        
Weight:	240        
Eyes:	Blue	       
Hair:	Brown		
Age:	40		

Attributes     [190]
ST 14  [40]
DX 13  [60]
IQ 13  [60]
HT 13  [30]

HP 14
Will 13
Per 13
FP 13

Basic Lift 39

Basic Speed 6.5
Basic Move 6

Cultural Familiarities:
Languages: English (Native) [0]
German (Native) [6]

Advantages [38]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Fearlessness (1) [2]
Fit [5]
High Pain Threshold [10]

Perks [2]
Deep Sleeper [1]
Weapon Bond (Sauer Sword) [1]

Disadvantages [-30]
Code of Honor (Soldier's) [-10]
Low TL (-4) [-20]

Quirks [-5]
Responsive [-1]
Broad-Minded [-1]
Humble [-1]
TBA [-1]
TBA [-1]

Skills [55]
Acting 12 [1]
Animal Handling (Equines) 12 [1]
Armoury/TL3 (Melee Weapons) 12 [1]
Axe/Mace 12 [1]
Bow 12 [1]
Brawling 14 [2]
Broadsword 15 [8]
Cartography/TL3 12 [1]
Cooking 13 [2]
Dancing 12 [1]
Diplomacy 13 [4]
Fast-Draw (Sword) 14 [1]
	includes: +1 from 'Combat Reflexes'
First Aid/TL3 (Human) 13 [1]
Forced Entry 14 [2]
Gambling 12 [1]
Gardening 13 [1]
Guns/TL8 (Pistol) 13 [1]
Hiking   12 [1]
Interrogation 13 [2]
Intimidation 13 [2]
Knife 13 [1]
Lance 12 [1]
Leadership 12 [1]
Riding (Equines) 13 [2]
Search 12 [1]
Shield (Shield) 13 [1]
Shortsword 13 [1]
Soldier/TL3  13 [2]
Spear 12 [1]
Stealth 12 [1]
Swimming 13 [1]
Tactics  11 [1]
Two-Handed Axe/Mace 13 [2]
Two-Handed Sword 13 [2]
Wrestling 12 [1]
Writing 12 [1]

Stats [190] Ads [38] Disads [-30] Quirks [-5] Skills [55] = Total [250]

Hand Weapons
1  Bastard Sword (Sauer Sword)  LC:4  $2600  Wgt:5  
    one-handed swing  Dam:2d+2 cut  Reach:1,2  Parry:0U  ST:11  Skill:Sword!, Broadsword, DX-5, Force Sword-4, Rapier-4, Saber-4, Shortsword-2, Two-Handed Sword-4  
    one-handed thrust  Dam:1d+1 cr  Reach:2  Parry:0U  ST:11  Skill:Sword!, Broadsword, DX-5, Force Sword-4, Rapier-4, Saber-4, Shortsword-2, Two-Handed Sword-4  
    two-handed swing  Dam:2d+3 cut  Reach:1,2  Parry:0  ST:10†  Skill:Sword!, Two-Handed Sword, DX-5, Broadsword-4, Force Sword-4  
    two-handed thrust  Dam:1d+2 cr  Reach:2  Parry:0  ST:10†  Skill:Sword!, Two-Handed Sword, DX-5, Broadsword-4, Force Sword-4  
1  Large Knife  LC:4  $40  Wgt:1  
    swing  Dam:2d-2 cut  Reach:C,1  Parry:-1  ST:6  Skill:Sword!, Knife, DX-4, Force Sword-3, Main-Gauche-3, Shortsword-3  
    thrust  Dam:1d imp  Reach:C  Parry:-1  ST:6  Skill:Sword!, Knife, DX-4, Force Sword-3, Main-Gauche-3, Shortsword-3  Notes:[1]  

Ranged Weapons
1  Large Knife  LC:4  Dam:1d imp  Acc:0  Range:11.2 / 21  
    RoF:1  Shots:T(1)  ST:6  Bulk:-2  Rcl:  $40  Wgt:1  
1 Walther P38, 9x19mm 
Dam: 2d+2 pi Acc: 2 Range:160/1,800 
Rof: 3 Shots: 8+1(3) ST: 9 Bulk: -2 Rcl: 2 Wgt: 2.4 

Armor
1  Boots  $80  Wgt:3  Location:feet DR:2
1  Gauntlets  $100  Wgt:2  Location:hands DR:4
1  Mail Coif  $55  Wgt:4  Location:skull, neck DR:4/2
1  Mail Leggings  $110  Wgt:15  Location:legs  DR:4/2
1  Mail Sleeves  $70  Wgt:9  Location:arms  DR:4/2
1  Ordinary Clothes  $0  Wgt:2  
1  Steel Breastplate  $500  Wgt:18  Location:torso  DR:5F
1  Cloak Wgt: 1

Possessions
1  Backpack, Small  $60  Wgt:3   
1  Blanket  $20  Wgt:4  
1  Personal Basics  $5  Wgt:1
1  Pouch  $10  Wgt:0  
1  Tobacco Pack
1  Sleeping Fur  $50  Wgt:8  
5  Traveler's Rations  $10  Wgt:2.5  
1  Whetstone  $5  Wgt:1  
1  Smoking Pipe
1  Iron Wedding Ring

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 08:42

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Hector the Weasel - Unknown Beach
After so much time lost in the darkness of the clouds, the relative clarity of the vast, spacious sea is a welcome sight; but the panic he felt when he was first picked up by the howling winds resurfaces as he feels those same winds abandon him and send him plummeting towards the water. He controls his urge to scream and holds his breath.

The impact is strong enough that it escapes his mouth anyway, as it sends him a full spear lenght underwater. His eyes stings as he looks upwards, to see the bubbles that used to be in his lungs escape towards the surface; he quickly follows them upwards, already feeling the pressure in his chest from the lack of air, buoyed slightly by his backpack. Once he emerged he gasps, hungry for air, and takes a moment to survey his surroundings. The relative warmth of the water surprises him, and the presence of flotsam worries him. Has there been a shipwreck here? But what sort of ship could be made of metal?

Questions for another time, perhaps. He grabs hold of some kind of stuffed chair that seems to float decently, and dog paddles his way towards the shore. He's almost out of breath as he comes within talking distance of a number of people in bizarre clothing; he stops to rest a bit, and finds that he is close enough to the shore that his feet touch the bottom. He is just close enough to hear the knight, the only one whose outfit he is somewhat familiar with (even though he never saw one before) talking about angels.

"Oh, uhm" he clears his throat, hoping to get ther attention. "Do any of you folks know if, uh, if we're dead and this is really Heaven? It's not how I imagined it'd be, but then, I'm not sure what Heaven is supposed to look like, so. It seems rather too nice to be Hell.l"

pre:
Name: Hector the Weasel
Race: Human

Attributes [125]
ST 10
DX 13 [60]
IQ 13 [60]
HT 11 [10]

HP 10
Will 14 [5]
Per 14 [5]
FP 11

Basic Lift 20
Damage 1d-2/1d

Basic Speed 5,25 [-15]
Basic Move 5

Ground Move 5
Water Move 1

Social Background
TL: 4 [0]
Cultural Familiarities: 
Languages: Aramaic (Broken/Literate) [3]; English (Native) [0].

Advantages [118]
Cunning Folk (2) [20]
Empathy [15]
Luck [15]
Outdoorsman (1) [10]
Photographic Memory [10]
Pitiable [5]
Speak With Animals [25]
Very Fit [15]

Disadvantages [-30]
Low TL (-3) [-15]
Weirdness Magnet [-15]

Quirks [-5]
-Likes people that don't fit in [-1]
Careful [-1]
Distinctive Feature (Witch's Wart) [-1]
Habit (mumbles about plant properties when he picks or touches them) [-1]
Whispers often [-1]

Skills [42]
Animal Handling (Dogs) IQ/A - IQ+1 14 [1]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk'
Animal Handling (Raptors) IQ/A - IQ+1 14 [1]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk'
Boating/TL4 (Unpowered) DX/A - DX-1 12 [1]
Dancing DX/A - DX-1 12 [1]
Detect Lies Per/H - Per+1 15 [1]
includes: +3 from 'Empathy'
First Aid/TL4 (Human) IQ/E - IQ+1 14 [2]
Fishing Per/E - Per+1 15 [1]
includes: +1 from 'Outdoorsman'
Fortune-Telling (Palmistry) IQ/A - IQ+4 17 [1]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk', +3 from 'Empathy'
Herb Lore/TL4 IQ/VH - IQ+1 14 [4]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk'
Hiking HT/A - HT+0 11 [2]
Naturalist (Earth) IQ/H - IQ+2 15 [2]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk', +1 from 'Outdoorsman'
Navigation/TL4 (Land) IQ/A - IQ+0 13 [1]
includes: +1 from 'Outdoorsman'
Occultism IQ/A - IQ+2 15 [2]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk'
Pharmacy/TL4 (Herbal) IQ/H - IQ+0 13 [4]
Poisons/TL4 IQ/H - IQ+0 13 [1]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk'
Scrounging Per/E - Per+2 16 [4]
Sling DX/H - DX+0 13 [4]
Staff DX/A - DX+1 14 [4]
Survival (Woodlands) Per/A - Per+2 16 [4]
includes: +1 from 'Outdoorsman'
Weather Sense IQ/A - IQ+1 14 [1]
includes: +2 from 'Cunning Folk'

Stats [125] Ads [118] Disads [-30] Quirks [-5] Skills [42] = Total [250]

Hand Weapons
1 Quarterstaff LC:4 $10 Wgt:4 
Staff swing Dam:1d+2 cr Reach:1,2 Parry:12 ST:7† Skill:SK:Staff, ST:DX-5, SK:Polearm-4, SK:Spear-2 
Staff thrust Dam:1d cr Reach:1,2 Parry:12 ST:7† Skill:SK:Staff, ST:DX-5, SK:Polearm-4, SK:Spear-2 
Sword swing Dam:1d+2 cr Reach:1,2 Parry:7 ST:9† Skill:SK:Sword!, SK:Two-Handed Sword, ST:DX-5, SK:Broadsword-4, SK:Force Sword-4 
Sword thrust Dam:1d-1 cr Reach:2 Parry:7 ST:9† Skill:SK:Sword!, SK:Two-Handed Sword, ST:DX-5, SK:Broadsword-4, SK:Force Sword-4 
2 Small Knife LC:4 $60 Wgt:1 
Swing Dam:1d-3 cut Reach:C,1 Parry:6 ST:5 Skill:SK:Sword!, SK:Knife, ST:DX-4, SK:Force Sword-3, SK:Main-Gauche-3, SK:Shortsword-3 
Thrust Dam:1d-3 imp Reach:C Parry:6 ST:5 Skill:SK:Sword!, SK:Knife, ST:DX-4, SK:Force Sword-3, SK:Main-Gauche-3, SK:Shortsword-3 Notes:[1] 

Ranged Weapons
2 Small Knife LC:4 Dam:1d-3 imp Acc:0 Range:5 / 10 
RoF:1 Shots:T(1) ST:5 Bulk:-1 Rcl: $60 Wgt:1 
1 Staff Sling LC:4|4 $20 Wgt:2 
Stone Dam:1d+1 pi Acc:1 Range:100 / 150 
RoF:1 Shots:1(2) ST:7† Bulk:-6 Rcl: Notes:[3,7] 
Lead bullet Dam:1d+2 pi Acc:1 Range:200 / 300 
RoF:1 Shots:1(2) ST:7† Bulk:-6 Rcl: Notes:[3,7] 

Armor & Possessions
1 Pouch $10 Wgt:0 Location: Torso
1 50 lead bullets for sling $5 Wgt:.1 Location: Pouch
1 Backpack, Frame $100 Wgt:10 Location: Back
1 Boots $80 Wgt:3 Location:feet 
1 First Aid Kit $1000 Wgt:2 Location: Pouch (Gives +2 to First Aid skill checks)
1 Fishhooks & Line $50 Wgt:0 Location: 
1 Heavy Leather Leggings $60 Wgt:4 Location:legs 
1 Heavy Leather Sleeves $50 Wgt:2 Location:arms 
1 Leather Armor $100 Wgt:10 Location:torso, groin 
1 Leather Gloves $30 Wgt:0 Location:hands 
1 Leather Helm $20 Wgt:.5 Location:skull, face 
1 Personal Basics $5 Wgt:1 Location: backpack
1 Rope, 3/8'' (per 10 yards) $5 Wgt:1.5 Location: Backpack

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure

A pause to remove her shoes - this is hardly the

~~We are very much alive~~ comes the voice of a woman into the heads of the surrounding group. It may, in fact, take them a moment to realize they didn't hear it, that Azure's mouth didn't move.

~~This is not heaven.~~

Her eyes dart about the group. ~~Gentlemen. Ladies. Captain~~ At the last she gives a polite nod to Irena.

~~Introductions would seem in order.~~

For reference, folks, I'll use a ~~ instead of " when Azure is 'speaking'

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 13:46

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Naomi Aoshima – The Beach at the End of the World

So much water, so much water – enough to drown in, enough to die in, enough to be forgotten in. The wrong kind of water, too – it had the tang of the waves that had broken off Tamakikyo, miles and worlds away, but that was impossible. It had to be.

Dying, though, was extremely possible. Halfway to breakdown, she concentrated and extended herself. At least this way her untrained swim strokes would take her a little bit farther toward the beach… toward the beach with people on it.

“Hey!” Naomi shouted, barely keeping from sucking down the salt water. “Hey!”

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles - LOST

He glances around at the group forming on the beach, a quizzical eyebrow raised at the differences of speech and clothing. He suddenly takes a step back in surprise when a voice not of his own bypasses his ears and forms in his head. His theory of being dead grows stronger as he reckons it to be the voice of an angel. But then he sees one of the ladies gesturing along with the voice, her mouth motionless. He relaxes, no longer surprised for he is no stranger to magical practices even if speaking into his head is something he has not been subjected to before.

"Miss. You are the one speaking into our minds? It would seem you have the gift of magic then. My name is Sir Miles Sauer and I-" He is cut short when he hears another woman's voice, this one passing through his ears. Her shouts from in the sea turn his head. "And I am afraid further introductions will have to wait for now."

With that, he removes his armour and cloak in a few swift motions and lets them fall unceremoniously to the sand. His sword and bag of small possessions are also stripped off his person. He still aches from his own frantic escape onto land, but he could never turn down a woman's screams for help. Soon down to a simple tunic and breaches, he kicks off his boots and dives back into the water.

Being much lighter now, he makes it easily to the lady and throws an arm around her to keep her head above water.

"Breath deeply and hold tight." Keeping a firm hold on her with one arm, he works his other arm and kicks his legs to start bringing them back to shore.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 14:26

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irena- Unknown Beach

The emergence of the knight almost causes her to reach for her gun, but then with the archaic speaking she determined the knight was either insane, or a peasant trying to play at the monarchist fantasy of god. Irena let a little hmpf escape when another ill dressed man appeared also talking about god. It was a monarchist retreat from sanity and reality, to ensure that a king controlled them all.

"Heaven has nothing to do with it. This is an island." She says firmly, before rushing into the water to help the woman floundering. The others had distracted her, and she heard someone say something. It couldn't be in her head that didn't make sense, and it knew she was a Captian! This was insanity, Monarchists and Crazy persons, now she was hearing things. This was not a good start to the day.

She swum out with the knight into the water and got the woman's other arm. "Lets get her to shore." Irena said matter of factly, "Then we can figure out this mess, don't worry you will be okay." Her features softening toward the woman and the knight.

"Don't expect me to call you Sir. Even if you do help save this woman." Irena said icily toward the knight as she swum toward shore with them.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles - LOST

"I would not expect you to call me 'Sir', my lady." he says, between laboured breaths to the lady with an icy personality. "In fact, I would prefer it if you did not."

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 14:47

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irena- Unknown Beach

She starts panting as well as the effort to sustain two people up gets to her, "Fair enough, then we are in agreement, Citizen." She says as far as anyone can tell warmly.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Unknown Beach

Extras from one of those new epic movies, dames that don't have to move their lips to chew the fat--what kind of beach did Courtney wash up on?! Hearing the call of someone else in the water, they decide to focus on the things that make sense, running out into the surf with a bit of a grumble and helping the second dame onto the shore.

"Hey, stick with us, yeah?!" they call as they reach into their pocket for a familiar mint tin. "This place is queerer than a three dollar bill and nowhere close to heaven, but you'll be alright."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure
Unknown Beach

A man in armor, like something from the movies, or one of those meetings of archaic reenactment groups. Azure walks a half-dozen paces down the beach, towards the others, bringing herself subtly into the group. Sir Miles scoops up the woman and drags her out of the water. Azure watches from just above the wave line, hands clasped lightly behind her back, as if awaiting...something.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Hector the Weasel - Unknown Beach

Hector jumps back a bit as he hears a voice coming directly from inside his mind. He looks at the woman that the knight identifies as the responsible one, eyes almost bulging out of his skull. A witch, with powers that even Grandmother Toadstool doesn't have, operating out in the open, with no fear of censure or being burned at the stake! In what strange land has he landed on?

He is so distracted by this that he only belatedly realizes that there are still castaways in need of help. Guiltily, he approaches the lady that the knight, Sir Miles, and the angry woman drag to the shoreline. "Is she awake? Does she breathe? I can help her if she isn't, just put her down where it's dry."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff - Wherever We Are

More castaways. One struggling out in the waves, but before he has time to take more than a few steps, one of the others is already on it, so he stands ready on the waterline. He's no medic, anyway - if anything is seriously wrong other than not being able to get to shore, he wouldn't be much help anyway.

But that gives him plenty of time to realize that not all of the chatter was being spoken aloud.

"Reckon Heaven wouldn't drop us in the middle of the ocean, anyway, Professor X," Jeff eventually says, eying Azure, with an easy-going coolness that would be a lot more reassuring if his voice wasn't slightly quivering, to say nothing of the pounding in his head. None of this made even the slightest bit of sense. "Let's all stay out of their way, yeah? Give them some room once they get her ashore."

Pause. Then, grumbled under his breath:

"...I need a smoke."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure

Her head tilts slightly, raising an eyebrow and looking at Jeff.

~~I'm hardly a professor, sir~~ She casts, in a way the others can hear too. She turns and walks back to her suitcase, crouching and opening it up, pulling out a large, monogrammed towel, which she brings back to the shore for the woman they're pulling up out of the water.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Naomi Aoshima – The Beach at the End of the World

Splutter, splutter – it still barely helped, but at least she wouldn’t drown silently. She couldn’t see much more distinct than people, one of them a real mountain of a man, stripping off… was that armour? Was she going to be rescued by a Fantasy Kingdom Camelot costumer? She retracted herself to normal before he got close enough to see much of anything.

The man brought her safe to the shore, into a babel of talk.

“I'm hale, thanks.” Naomi said. “So did you all fall off the same boat, or what?”

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Unknown Beach

Dragging the woman to the beach she leans down and looks at her, "Are you okay?" She asks in her thick accent.

Giving only a moment, she looks at the others and swears under her breath, "Introductions, if that... sound in my head was not my mind broken, I am Captain Irina Vasilieva of Russian Democratic Dominate." She looks at the air and then to the sun for a second. "We must be south southeast of Yapan, if I were to say by the sun. I am not sure what happened. Either way, if we are where I think we are: know that you are visitors in the Dominate." She said extremely carefully.

"Citizens do not take kindly to Kings and Tyrants." She said eyeing the Knight and the other dirty man who talked of gods.

Irina started to take off her overshirt leaving a tank top underneath as she wrung the water out. "How do you talk to us?" She asks the strange voiceless woman in a bit of skeptical wonder.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 18:45

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff - Mystery Island

"No boat, ma'am," Jeff says matter-of-factly to Naomi. "Can't say much more than that since I still don't know what the hell happened. If the same happened for all of you, any ideas would be welcome anytime now. Good that you're okay, though." He nods briefly at Irina's introduction. "Cap'n."

He strolls back over towards where he left his stuff, his vaguely shell-shocked gait carrying him slowly. He rummages around in his backpack and pulls out a carton of smokes. He had been planning on spending a few days, after all. Just not out here. Wherever here was. He cracks a pack, pulls out a lighter and lights up real quick before starting back.

"Well, you can all just call me Jeff for now," he says, and offers up the pack cheerily for anyone else in as dire need of nicotine as he was right now. "Smokes?"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure

Azure steps in and drapes the towel over Naomi's shoulders, putting on a faint smile. That human moment over, Azure straightens. A look crosses her face, the furrowed brow of deep consideration, and then the response comes.

~~Quite simply, I am a telepath.~~

She steps closer to Jeff and produces a lighter from her purse, flicking it and holding it up for him.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 19:13

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Unknown beach

As the group assembled on shore, they looked around and saw that the storm didn't just bring them here, it also brought familiar debris. Irina sees bits and pieces of her plane. The storm tore it apart and no doubt part of it lies beneath the waves, but some of it seems to have washed into shore. Some of the more buoyant parts managed to avoid the burial at sea. Further down the beach, she even sees part of the wing of her aircraft. Irina also sees bits and pieces of something that remind her of an aircraft, but not one with which she's familiar. Azure sees both pieces from the aircraft she was on and pieces of some other aircraft of unknown make. The majority of the aircraft she was one, doesn't appear to have made it to shore. Some of the plastic and emergency flotation seat cushions. One or two pieces of luggage appear to have washed up on shore as well.

When Hector makes his way to shore, he sees other strange things besides the floating furniture. He spots metal that floats like wood. Also he sees unusual objects with unknown functions. Among the man created debris, he also sees tree branches of the kind he is more familiar with floating about.

Miles, focused on making it to shore, ignores the strange debris since other matters were more immediate. The others meanwhile see debris from strange planes along with what appears to be other wreckage. Some of the wreckage appears familiar to them, while other pieces are strange. Courtney sees a chair like one from the interrogation room they were in. Naomi happens to spot a fender from a well known type of vehicle seen in Michigan City laying on the beach. Jeff spots a handful of CDs on the shore as well.

The voice Hector hears in his head sends him back to education he received from Grandmother Toadstool. She told the young man about the strange things that were said to inhabit the edges of the world in the far out of the way places. Things that could speak in your head were few and they stood out to him. Spirits with no bodies, ghosts, and even very powerful wizards could do such feats. And then there were even more powerful entities that could do such a thing, but it couldn't be one of those. Such things were merely legend, or so he thought.

Besides the stuff listed above, characters can go looking through the debris on land will require a scrounging check (default for scrounging is per-4). Also anyone doing that should give me a general idea of what they're looking for. Scrounging on land will take up to a half hour.

If anyone wants to search the water, then there will be another scrounging check. A strong success (like five below skill number) will mean the character found something in the shallows. Just a success means the character will find something, but they will have to swim out to find it (and have to make a swim roll).

And if anyone does start scrounging, they can do a perception check to see if they spot anything of interest.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Unknown Beach

Irina seems to purse her lips as she looks at the woman, Azure and thinks for a moment. "I haven't heard of that since Rasputin. You open your thoughts to the world and then we hear them?" She looks a little dumbfounded. Looking at the others take stock, "We have a confusing group, one from the ottoman monarchist empire lost in time, two from the rebelling british colonies who speaks strange. One who speaks stranger, I know not the accent, and another who old speech." She shakes her head.

"Did you all come by boat, I flew, in my own plane, I think. I remember it being destroyed at some point. Was that a dream? I don't remember being in it when it blew up." She said looking at the wing.

"I loved that plane, it was one of a kind." She said bitterly, before looking off into the debris field.


Looking with Per 13 for any wreckage she can see that would yield anything useful for right now, in terms of equipment or something that might contain a radio.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Unknown Beach

"You fell off a boat?" Courtney raises an eyebrow at the new dame. "I got picked up by a goddess-damned hurricane! Pill I was chasing called it a 'Banestorm' or summat like that." They recognize a none-too-comfortable chair that comes in with the tide--of course their jacket isn't on it. Along with a whole lot of other stuff that definitely wasn't in the room with them--what were those flat things with the holes in the middle, silver doughnuts? "Lousy cheapo house can't even take a--ooh, gaspers!" They pull one of the pro-offered cigarettes and immediately set to trying to light it. "I need to get a drat cigs case--the ones that didn't fall out of my pocket are soaked through. Hope this lighter still works. Machine rolled, too, fancy...what's this thing on the mouth end here...?" Once they've got their own lit, they keep the flame open for anybody else who wants any.

"Anyhoo, 's far as I'm concerned, once the gaspers come out it's a party, and we're all plenty wet already so...I'm Courtney. I'd show you one of my cards but they're all wet too. Who's the fellas I'm sharing this impromptu beach trip with?"

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff - Ext., Beach

He lights one for Azure, hands it over, and passes another one to Courtney. Managing half of a sardonic smile - about all he can muster - Jeff observes, "I think we went way past strange after how we ended up getting here. That's a filter on the end, by the way."

After a long drag on his own cig, he continues. "But I mean, poo poo, I was way away from shore. How's a hurricane just pop up out of nowhere a hundred miles inland? Hills are not exactly the hurricane's preferred locale. I'm not a meteorologist but I think I have that right. Minding my own business trying to get a couple days of nature, and now..." He shakes his head, looking out towards the gently rolling waves. The sun catches on the pile of CDs, and he laughs, more and more starting to think he might not be making any of those for a while. No, something very, very wrong is happening, he's sure of that.

"So let's say any weirdness with you guys - and you guys are kinda weird, I'm not gonna lie, since aside from the obvious weird, one of you is from a country that doesn't exist, and one of you hasn't seen cigarette filters before - is well far down on my list of things I intend to give a poo poo about for the time being. Way better off knocking our heads together to figure out where the hell this is."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles - LOST

With everyone brought safety to shore, he goes through the process of reattaching the sword to his side and armour to his body as he listens to the others speak amongst themselves. His sodden cloak is wrapped up in a bundle and thrown into his equally wet bag. He looks to the man called Jeff, handing out sticks that he and others appear to smoke. "Rolled tobacco in paper... I think I will pass for now, my thanks though." He checks the sword at his side and gives the man a smile. "I appear strange to you? This goes both way, good sir."

As the others talk, he cuts in here and there. "I was on no boat either. I was in the Black Forest when the wind swept me up, at least we seem to have that storm in common." The man called Courtney gives it a name. "A 'Banestorm'? Seems a fitting name to me. And it brought us all here... Wherever here is. I take it none of you recognise this place?" He looks about at the beach, seeing the wreckage properly now for the first time. Strange parts of what look like ships made of...metal? But how would they float?

The icy lady, who calls herself Irina, catches his attention. "You flew in a what?" He shakes his head. He could spend hours here trying to wrap his head around these people and their unknown sayings. "No matter." Now that everyone is gathered, he introduces himself again as others are doing the same. "I am Sir Miles Sauer. Please do simply call me Miles. I too would like to know if anyone knows why or exactly how we have come to be here."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff - An Island But Not The Island

He points and shakes his hand a bit at Miles, in a sort of this guy nailed it gesture. "Well, yeah, that's part of what I mean, too. Probably all of us are strange to the rest of us, Lancelot. So you got that right, for sure." Jeff grins briefly, but it fades as he starts to say what comes next.

"So, I don't know where this is, or how we got here, but it seems to me: we ain't all from the same time or place. Some funky Twilight Zone poo poo is going down." Jeff stops himself, realizing that if his hunch was right, they might not know what the Twilight Zone is. "Means...never mind. Anyway, if that's true, then, number one: that's way weirder than any of us could be, and kinda scary. And number two, it means we could be goddamn anywhere."

After a moment's thought, and another long drag on the cigarette, he realizes the implications of the crackpot comic-book theory he just voiced. "Aw, poo poo," he curses, "we're really in fuckin' trouble, aren't we?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Unknown Beach

"So that's what it is," Courtney mutters as they take another drag, the lit end fluttering orange as they breathe and hum around the filter. "Well...bushwa. I'd say you're off your nuts if I didn't get carried here myself! Okay, Miles and, uh, whatisface over there--" They point out Hector with a motion of the cigarette. "--are from Hollyland's new flick, Jeff's from a place where they put orange filtered thingamabobs on their gaspers, the bird over there looking for her things--" They motion towards Irina. "--is Red Russkie and flies like a bird too, I'm from the city, our latest dame--" indicating Naomi with another abrupt motion "--fell off a boat somewhere, and Azure..." They stop for a moment, the cigarette flickers again, and their brows arch. "...I dunno about Azure. Where'd ya pick up that carnival trick, anyhoo?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Unknown Beach

"A red?" She stood to her feet, "I am not a red coat or a- a" She looks frustrated at her lack of words "Beylik. A Monarchist, nor a British!" She stands and shakes off her undershirt that is clinging to her body the black shirt giving her a pale appearance. She seems rather insulted by the implication.

"I would no call you an english-man, or the Dominion forbid, A Prussian Anarchist!" She puts her grey over-shirt on and adjusts it to look more professional. "If anything I am a Green Democratist and proud of it!" She brushes off and then turns to the Knight.

"Citizen Miles, we have been able to fly in the sky in large machines since 1964 and the Great War of the Quintuple Alliance. As for you Colonists, I would guess by accent, I have been working to free you too from the crown of tyrants. The British King!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff - Beach

Jeff waves his hands in a calm down gesture. "Woah there, easy, Anastasia," he says.

"I don't think Red means the same for suit-and-tie," Jeff suggests, pointing to Courtney, "or for me, for that matter, than it does for you. Back where I come from there's no Russia, just the Soviet Union, and we call 'em the Reds sometimes." Grinning, he adds, "And Pennsylvania ain't been British for about, oh, two hundred and ten years or so."

He takes another hit of smoke, breathing deep, trying to settle. "See, this is what I meant before. We ain't working with the same set of facts about what's true or false, all of us."

  • Locked thread
«11 »