Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
  • Locked thread
GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Naomi Aoshima - The Beach at the End of the World

The crate wasn't heavy, but she hadn't expected it to be. History might twist this way and that as she fell between parallel worlds, but no matter what Earth Naomi found herself on, she was confident heavy things wouldn't float. She watched as the other woman opened it up, her mind still deadened from the transfer -- at least she'd been put past the reach of those bastards back in Michigan City, but at what cost? It had taken years for her to settle into a new life on that world... how many new lives could she build for herself?

"Nuts," Naomi said. "Nuts."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff

He cracks a big smile at Irina's joke, and points. "Thank God, I was starting to worry you might not have a sense of humor. But that one was pretty good."

The (apparently dubious) treasure is unveiled. Jeff looks surprised for a second, then, holding back a snicker, chimes in similarly to Naomi. "Aw, nuts! Doesn't that figure." Maybe it had been too much to hope for something much better than that.

"Well," he says in a drawn-out way, scratching at a bit of stubble on his chin, "seems to me they're nice to have, but probably won't get us too far." Now Jeff looks back over at Irina. "Splitting 'em up is fair, but seems to me we should all take a look inland and see where we can find something a little more...substantial. Besides, for all we know, we could be ten minutes away from a hot cup of coffee and a nice breakfast a couple miles inland." He chuckles with more than a hint of disbelief in his own suggestion - no, this probably wasn't the kind of day where things would be that easy. "Save this stuff for if we absolutely can't find a drat thing to eat. Even then, worst case we can fall back to the beach here and try fishin'."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Beach

"In my world, to be a pilot when you are like me, you had to be a best. Without being without the pants, at least." She said as if that explained her no nonsense demeanor. "I hope we do not have survive on these long. Though they are premium. Maybe help more?"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Hector - Unknown Beach
Having understood that these mysterious things are apparently food (and wishing on some level to see what this alien food from another world looks like, and why is it kept in these minuscule pouches) Hector nods in agreement with the smooth-talking man.

"There isn't much in the way of landmarks here, but if we decide to take a look deeper in the forest, I'll cut Xs onto the trees so we can find our way back here."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure

The dark-haired woman tosses a package at Jeff.

~~High calorie. Good salt content. They will be a good supplement, Mister Florence.~~

Azure looks up and down the beach. ~~We should find a camp before nightfall,~~ she agrees with Hector, even as she's picking up her own bags. ~~We would not want to be separated in the dark.~~

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Beach

"I agree with Hector. I vote we all continue into the jungle slowly. I do not know these jungles." She said honestly, "I will be behind hector, who shall follow?" She asks with military precision.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Unknown Beach

"These are nuts?" Courtney asks as they grab a packet and flick it around. "The kind you eat out of a big paper bag with a newsreel and beer? Not that I'd know anything about that." They weigh it in their hand and look a little disappointed. "Azure, what kinda two-bit world you come from that makes up their snack food like this?"

Seeing everybody else getting ready to get away from the beach, they tuck the bag into a pocket, check the gat with a finger to make sure it hasn't slipped in its holster, and rolls out their shoulders. "Alright then, let's get going before the salt spray turns my shirt into a mannequin display piece!"

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure
This Island Really Needs a Bar

Azure takes one of the packets, and pulls at a little notch on the end, ripping one side of the package clean open. She takes Courtney's hand, forcibly, and pourts a generous amount of mixed nuts into it. Looks like peanuts, some cashews, brazil nuts...quality, and ample.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff

"Good supplement or not, they ain't gonna last long by themselves. Still, it's a whole hell of a lot better than nothing," Jeff eventually says. He isn't sure if getting spoken to that way is getting more or less weird as time goes on. Still, he scoops up his share of the nuts and stashes them real quick-like, makes sure everything's all stowed properly, and gets himself ready. Which, for him, includes lighting another smoke. At night would be one thing, but during the day it doesn't seem like a big risk to him in terms of being seen.

"Better run through the jungle," he mumbles. "Don't look back to see." Picking his head up, he says, "Guess I'll follow you two. Or I can take rear. Doesn't bother me either way."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Leaving the Beach

The group gathers their stuff up and prepares to hike into the jungle.

Some basic information (probably from Hector) about survival. First off sunset is about 8pm. Since there are people with the survival skill, setting up a camp only takes a half hour.

Now for the hiking, I'll need everyone's Move and what encumbrance they're at currently. The slowest person in the group will determine the speed of the group. The group will move slower if time is spent foraging along the way. After the hike is done, FP will be spent.

When the group decides to find a camp, then everyone needs to roll survival -2 (and if no one has jungle or island survival another -2 on top of that). This will determine what kind of campsite is found (I'm using the rules in Dungeon Fantasy: Wilderness Adventures for rules). After finding a good campsite (failing to), the group will then have to build a shelter. That would be a survival check (with a -2 if no one has jungle survival). When I know the results of rolls, I'll post what the group gets. Worst case scenario involves FP loss and penalties.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Hector the Weasel - Leaving the Beach
"Alright then!" the young man exclaims, trying to hide the nervousness in his voice as he steps towards the woods. He's used to being the one receiving orders, not giving them. His brain scrambles to think of the most basic information he must give to people who've probably never tracked in the wilderness before.

"Everyone, just stick together and don't leave the main group! We won't know how to find you if you get lost. Oh, and don't touch any plant you don't recognize!" He pulls out his knife and cuts the first X on the most nearby tree. "In fact, don't touch any plant you think you recognize, either. Plenty of killers pretend to be innocent weeds, you know."
I have a Basic Move of 5 and am right now at Light encumbrance.

So do we want to stop and forage along the way or just explore for now?

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2016 around 20:24

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Animal Track

"We should make camp and then store our equipment before we explore." She said as they walked through the jungle, it was a place she was unaccustomed too, the gun across her hands felt nice in a dark creepy place like this. She huffed under the pack on her back, and anyone could tell she was struggling under it but she didn't say much about it, figuring that is what was required.

I have 6 move, medium encumbrance, at 3 move for me. :X 12 survival woodlands

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 22, 2016 around 20:57

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff

"Oh, I usually just eat any plants I find, don't you?" Jeff snarks from around the cigarette. "Kidding. I'll follow your lead on that one. Once we get set up somewhere we can see what's around. Better to have somewhere safe to roam out from." He keeps jacket open a bit just in case bigger game comes along, too - although the backpack and guitar bag make it a bit awkward.

Move 6, Light Encumbrance. Survival/Forest 11 if needed to help out. PER 12.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles

He picks up a pack of nuts, turning them over in his hand. "Packaged nuts? Well, I suppose it is better than nothing. Agreed, let us leave these unopened until we have searched for another source of food." After the others take their share, he scoops his own up and places them in his still soggy bag. He does a last check to make sure he has left nothing behind before standing ready with the others.

"I am ready to move. Sadly I am unfamiliar with this type of environment, but I will keep both eyes sharp for food, water or danger." He pulls his blade from his scabbard and gives it a quick check over for any damage. Satisfied that it still remains a perfectly good item for killing, he sheaths it with a snap. "I will follow you."

BM is 6. Encumbrance is medium. Hiking - 12. Per - 13 for any threats or sign of food/water as we go. No survival skills.

A Velociraptor! fucked around with this message at Aug 23, 2016 around 07:27

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure

Nobody explicitly said it was time to go. The collective just decided, and so, time to go. Azure grabs a good portion of the mixed nuts and stuff them into her suitcase, then zips it up nice and secure and gets the bag and her purse up, ready to go. This won't be so different from running through an airport...will it?

~~A camp first. Who knows what could be waiting for us here at night.~~

BM is 5, Encumbrance is None
No survival skills.
PER 14

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Unknown Beach

"...oh," is all Courtney can say after Azure...vigorously introduces them to the idea of single serving packaging (and airline food that isn't just cruise liner food on a boat that happens to fly). Stuffing the nuts back into their pouch to eat on the run, they pat themselves down one last time before turning their back on the sand and surf.

BM is 6, Encumbrance is 29 lbs = Light, Survival skills...closest thing I have is Urban Survival and that's probably no good.

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Naomi Aoshima - The Beach at the End of the World

The others split up the supplies and headed inland. Naomi paused for a moment before joining them. She must have stuffed a few survival meals into the bag before she dashed off -- it would be something to check on, once she knew what was what. Maybe it would keep them all alive.

Basic Move 5, encumbrance is Medium (41.45 pounds). Relevant skill is Hiking-11.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Jungle

The group begins to follow the game trail into the jungle. Shortly into the jaunt, Hector finds an empty space among the trees just off the game trail. It looks as though it would be a good spot to set up camp. However, there does not appear to be any sources of water around the area.

Hector found a decent spot to set up camp. Its not too far from the beach either. The group can either set up camp here or keep going and find a camp site later on (or come back to this one if they want). If the group set up camp here, then they can pick two out of three options from below:

1) Comfort: Not choosing this means everybody gets cold, wet, bitten by bugs, a lumpy night’s sleep, etc., and is down 1 FP (2 FP in arctic or mountain terrain), cumulative over multiple nights. To recover these FP, the party must spend a night at a campsite that does offer this benefit, or in town.
Campers without even rudimentary sleeping arrangements – bedrolls, furs (in arctic terrain), the Fur advantage, or animal Allies of larger SM (tiger pillow, boo-yah!) – must “spend” two benefits to claim comfort.

2) Concealment: Per Wilderness Camps (Dungeons, p. 5), a wellhidden camp can grant a second chance to detect night visitors. Choosing this benefit gives -1 to the raiders’ Vision roll and +1 to the party’s Camouflage roll in the Quick Contest.

3)Lines of Sight: Choosing this benefit means that enemies must approach over open ground, giving the party +1 to the Perception or Observation rolls under Camping and Posting Watches (Dungeons, p. 5). If the intruders attempt to sneak, they have -1 to Stealth in the Quick Contest as well.

Probably a good idea to discuss this in character.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles

It doesn't seem to take all that long at all until Hector leads them to a rather nice clearing not too far from the beach. He wipes sweat from his forehead with his palm. This climate is certainly hotter than the one he had been in back in Germany and the short hike is definitely making him feel it. Some fresh, cool water definitely will not go amiss right now.

"A decent spot," he states to the others. "A possible plan is that we could camp here and search around the area to find food and water nearby. Staying close to the beach may be in our best interest, should a ship pass by." He shrugs in his armour. "Or we can try our luck further on. I defer to the judgement of those of you who know these types of environments better."

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Hector - Somewhere in the Jungle
"Aye, animals are unlikely to try anything with a group as big as ours. If we pick a spot that they can't find easily, we can rest easily enough. We'll need the energy for tomorrow.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff

The hike had given Jeff a little breather from the adrenaline rush of the initial soak, swim, and weird greetings. He begins to find this is a slight disadvantage, because it also means he has time and brainpower to devote to thoughts like holy poo poo, I'm in the middle of nowhere with six complete strangers from different places in space and time, and also what the hell, comic books were right with this alternate dimensions thing the whole time, but mostly, if we can get here, we can get back out of here, right?

Eventually once they find a likely spot, he's able to focus on that instead of his inner monologue. "As good as we're likely to find anywhere without havin' a whole day. Was really hoping we could find a spot closer to a stream or something, but you can't always get what you want." He shrugs it off and resists the urge to sing the line that comes after.

"So what's the plan then? Cover up as well as we can while still getting okay sleep, then spend a couple hours before the sun goes down to see what else we can find?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Further Inland from the Beach

"I want to go home, I want to go home," Courtney hums as the queerest group they've ever laid eyes on continue their hike. "I don't want to sleep in the surf and the muck/where dead people molder and rats eat and *ahem*."

Once Hector holds them up and points out a possible campsite, they try to figure out where they ought to set up. Of course, their main experience with heavily undeveloped areas comes from searching out alchemists making more than bathtub gin deep in the woods, so they're mostly looking for a place to set up a still. "If I were a bootlegger," they offer to the group, "I'd look for a place where anybody lookin' for me couldn't see me until I could see them...so I could get out the chopper and--" they raise their hands into L shapes and sweep the index fingers back and forth in an imitation of a submachine gun. "But, uh, well, I'm a city fella, like I said."

That's a vote for 3, by the way

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2016 around 20:47

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Animal Track

She was huffing and puffing as she stretched her back and set her pack down, "We need to be concealed and a fully sheltered." She said pointedly, "We have no idea who is here, and if there is anyone out there." She said stabbing the ground with her finger. "I will help build things, but Hector you are our tracker, I will defer to you." She said after a bit of panting and drinking from her filtered canteen. Sitting her equipment down, she started pulling out her bedroll and putting her thick leather jacket over her bag. Finally she removed her thick over-shirt until she was in her black undershirt.

"Need a fire before night comes." She said looking up at the others and her stash of mixed nuts.

Voting for Comfort and Stealth

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Jungle

With most if not all of the group deciding to at least set up camp in the spot Hector found, Hector begins to prepare the site for shelter. The others with his guidance help him out.

The building of a shelter can begin, while deliberations continue.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008



Azure

~~Here? You expect us to stay here?~~ Azure asks, her sense of propriety briefly forgotten. She supposes there's no hotel on this island.

~~Nor do I, Mister D'Arvent,~~ Azure says, putting on a thin lipped smile that might be interpreted as supportive. ~~ I fear we don't have a choice.~~

Azure is definitely in the 1 camp and has no opinion on the rest

GTD Aquitaine
Jul 28, 2004



Naomi Aoshima - Welcome to the Jungle

It was like no place she'd been, in any of the worlds she'd been thrust into. The world she'd been born into, her real home, places like it probably didn't exist anymore, had long since been ground down and levelled and paved. She'd already seen enough island for a million people to inhabit, without a doubt. With only the small group of strangers, it was far more lonesome, and the spaces between the trees freighted with far more menace than anything she'd stumbled across in the back alleys of Tamakikyo.

At least there she'd known what, and who, to watch out for.

She followed the others without complaint, or much talk at all - far better for her to get her bearings through quiet, calm, careful observation. There was nothing threatening about her, nothing they knew about. She hadn't had to reveal that side of her yet. It would've been easier if she didn't care; she wouldn't have had to walk under the weight of equipment she'd intended to throw in the boot of a loke - but it would go too far beyond prediction, too fast. Better to let them think for now that she was small, and mild, and ordinary.

They stopped in a spot that, to her eyes, seemed likely to be missed by roving hunters. If only she'd brought a bedroll - but, hell, she'd expected to sleep in the loke, or just drive until she hit North City.

"I have a lucifer, if you need it," she said. "For the fire."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff

"Probably want to kill the fire early after we build it, if we want to keep cover," Jeff suggests. It made sense to him, at any rate. "Anywho." He drops the backpack ungracefully, and sets the guitar bag down with a bit more care, and starts unpacking. "Got a tarp, rope, a little cord. Ain't five-star, but it'll help. Past that, a few of us probably want to find fresh water at least before the sun's down. I'll either help set up or go prospecting, but we oughta figure out who does what before the sun gets too much lower."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Campsite

"Summoning fairy tales for fire, I will have to see." Irina says, trying to hold back any scorn. After all maybe it wasn't religious, as silly as the tradition that many of the colonials clung too. "We should get our camp open then find water. I have tablets so it will be safe, yes?" She said as she started helping Hector, being directed about by the more experienced person at least. Her black tank top starting to soak through in sweat. "I hate the hot. It is too hot." She said taking another drink from her canteen. She was a soldier, but mostly trained for arctic or at least north east british colonies.

"We need to make a hammock, so we can sleep." Irina said absent-mindedly, "Though tight fit if more than one."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles

Pushing all thoughts creeping in of how mad this entire situation is to the back of his head for now, the knight strips off his armour once more. The hassle of taking it all off only to put it on again later is far more preferable than working in it under the hot sun. He's thankful for the distraction of work and basic survival but he is becoming increasingly aware of how little sleep he may get later on when his mind has the chance to think all this over...

Digging through his bag, he pulls out his rolled up sleeping fur, a few blankets and his cloak; all of which are still damp from the ocean. He finds a branch to dry them off some as they work, or failing that he simply lays them out of the ground. The cloak stands out the most, emblazoned as it is with his coat of arms; a white lion on a navy blue background. His sword belt remains tightly strapped to his side though.

"I regret to say that I have little in the way of camping supplies, aside from my roll of fur and few blankets." He turns to Jeff as the man suggests splitting up to both find water and set up camp. "I feel we will need good Hector's skills for both tasks. It would be best if we all set up camp now and then we will have everyone ready to help search for water once this is done."

He spots Irina taking a drink from her canteen. "Lady Irina. Might I trouble you for a drink?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Campsite

She looks the heraldry and thinks for a moment before answering, he had been a monarchist, but she thought that he wasn't acting like one. There is a decided calculated glint in her eye and she holds out the canteen for the knight. Miles might look like a monarchist, but she could tell that as of yet, he has not gone through the ideals of one. He didn't involve god for his right to push them around or take what he wanted, instead he asked like a citizen.

"It will taste grainy, that is the charcoal filter, it is still good to drink. I expected to be in colder places."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles

"Any sort of water will be just fine," he says with a grateful smile as he accepts the container of water. "Believe me, I am sure I have tasted worse." He takes a good sip, but not enough to appear rude. If they are all to survive here together it's wise to keep from angering anyone and this Irina appears the easily irritable sort. The water has an odd flavor, as the Russian says, but it still tastes divine in the hot climate.

"God bless you, my lady," he says as he hands back the water. Quickly, he thinks again on what he's just said, remembering that she hasn't appeared all too favourable to the existence of God. "I mean, my thanks."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Campsite

"It is of no concern." She said sweating in the dense jungle heat waving it off too hot to care at the moment, "Before the revolution, family was jewish." She hpmfs at herself more than Miles as she works, "I remember my grandfather talking like you did, always trust it will get better." She grunted in exertion, "It took more than hoping that it would get better to fix it. Now, religion is free in Russia, but I think it might be a bad thing. They always talk of serving lords." She scoffs to herself, "Enough of that where I come from, I think your place too." She said pointedly with a bit of a grin on her face.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles

He stops for a moment, wiping sweat from his brow with his forearm and gives Irina his attention as she talks. The mention of her grandfather makes him smile in understanding. "It is good to have hope, yet one cannot allow that to stop them from doing all they can to change their situation for the better, should it need to be changed. Faith I find is better. Faith that you will make it through hard struggles if you give it your all." A familiar saying enters his head and he chuckles. 'God helps those who help themselves'.

"Just like now. I have faith that the Lord will see us through, but only if we do all we can to survive and work together." When she talks of serving, he shrugs. "Serving a lord is no bad thing, so long as the lord you serve is just." In his experience he has found that one can still serve and yet remain free. "Forgive me, this topic may lead us into a heated discussion which is not my intent.

"I may not agree with your viewpoint my lady. But I respect it. We all must follow our own path. I pray it will not cause aggression between us and I shall endeavour to keep my faith to myself rather than preaching instead of practicing."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Campsite

Irina doesn't say anything and instead lets the man say his peace, after all the democratic tradition is based on free speech. "One day, I will tell you what even a just lord does. Today is not that day, instead I will say that I disagree and you have your opinion." This wasn't Moscow or Gromovgrad and she had to expect a difference between the two. She bitterly thought that it was easy to say as a man, who didn't have to fight for everything.

Reigning in her feelings she said with a small smile, "We will be fine as long as all of us have a say, and no one is lord among us." She said wiping her brow a bit, "I do hope we do not have to stay on this island for all time. So why are you not a sir, but you have the heraldry" Irina asked curiously.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007



Miles

The knight nods with a small, smiling sigh at Irina. "Very well. We can agree to disagree yet it is good to know we are both not without manners." He expects no one to form bonds of fellowships during their time here for...well, however long they are to be here. Being amiable is all he can ask for and he's grateful to have that much in return from the icy woman.

The sigil on his cloak is addressed and he walks over to it and picks it up, running a hand over the lion decorated upon it. "By all rights, I am a 'Sir'. I have a lordship and lands as well as command over a household retinue." Or at least he did... The arrival of the New Men had changed that somewhat. But that he feels is a subject for another time.

"I simply do not like being addressed as 'Sir', my lady," he looks almost downcast for a moment before shrugging it off and placing his cloak back to dry off. "Besides, titles matter little here, do they not?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!


Courtney D'Arvent - Further Inland from the Beach

"Goddess above, if someone had told me I'd be going camping after interrogating a gangster in a queer getup, I'd have packed a valise," Courtney whispers quietly as they pat themselves down, producing a book of matches labelled "Rising Sun", a lighter, and a mint tin after a few moments. "Wouldn't mind a visit to that old gin mill now, but I guess we should go look for some regular water..." They shake their head. "I got a light, a little cotton, and that's about it. I think I'm going to go find something to drink. Who knows, maybe there's a speakeasy with shebas and sheiks for all around one of these trees."

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at Aug 25, 2016 around 19:47

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!


Hector - Campsite
First things first: set up a fire to scare off any would be predators. No telling what beasts might roam this mysterious place. Hector set up the wood for the camp, with the smaller, more flammable sticks on the inside and the bigger ones that would burn longer externally. Perfect. Now to just get a fire started by-

GTD Aquitaine posted:

"I have a lucifer, if you need it," she said. "For the fire."
Hector's head whips around. "A what now? It's not really... you know... that, right? It's just a name, isn't it?"

He rises. "You know what, you all are right, we should head out and get some water. I am going to try and find some, if anyone wants to join me? We should get the fire started first, though, so everyone who stays here will be safe and warm. Well, as safe and warm as one can be in our situation."

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at Aug 25, 2016 around 19:17

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.


Clapping Larry

Irina- Campsite

"Indeed, or at least shouldn't. I don't know where here is, but every one should be respected for their ability." She said certainly, sitting down on the ground and taking a break. She looked over to the other ladies of the group and wondered if she was different or too uptight compared to them. They seemed different and worst of all, felt like they looked more exotic, for some reason both made her feel rather frumpy in comparison.

Shaking her head of the thought she leans back, "We should get some water make a fire and boil the water, and save the tablets for times that we are desperate." She said looking at Miles,Courtney and Hector her eyes half closed from just wanting to nap for a moment. Even the hard ground feeling comfortable after a long hike.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at Aug 25, 2016 around 19:35

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Jeff

"So it ain't just a costume then, Lancelot," Jeff says, eying Miles skeptically for a moment. "And yeah, titles don't mean poo poo here and now, I don't think." To Irina he adds, "Politics neither. Your Russia don't sound much like the one I'm used to, although your little thing about Lords seems to be shared, anyway."

He nods at Hector. "I'll go with when it's time. I got a pot and a little water bag to bring some back with. Not much, but it's a start. Surplus store definitely earned the money...didn't think it would. Didn't think I'd be here, either." He looks at the fire-to-be, and smirks. "Someone better start that thing rather than just talkin' about it and about what thing they wanna start it with and what it's called where they come from, though."

After a moments thought, he continues with, "I guess I should be doin' something useful if I'm gonna run my mouth like that," and starts using a couple non-firewood branches and the tarp to set up something approximating a lean-to. Something that would at least help keep them under cover, or some of them.

Fraction Jackson fucked around with this message at Aug 25, 2016 around 19:52

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Jungle campsite

Within an hour a space near the jungle trail is cleared and the basics of a camp are set up by the group. A fire pit is constructed in the middle. Whatever comfort that could be found is prepared. However there is the question of water.

The group can pick 2 or 3 for the other option. Not sure if there's any consensus. Keeping a fire going through out the night won't affect either 2 or 3. This second option can be figured out, while the group looks for water. Also when the group goes for water, I'll assume everyone is going unless someone says they are staying behind.

  • Locked thread
«11 »