Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irena Vasilieva - Unknown Beach

She had been in the deep woods going toward the British border when the storm took her up. Spinning in the air, she felt like she was flying in the worst way, uncontrollably. Clutching the wet bag in her hands she tried to focus on rolling when she hit the ground. She had been parachuting enough to know that it was going to hurt when she hit and so she braced. There was the hope she wouldn't break a leg and would be able to find some outlying farm house to get help.

Irena never felt the hard ground contact and instead felt the sting of water, it was a sudden shock. The water was actually warm, the shock almost caused her to lose her bag in the drop. Instead she started swimming toward the shore with all her might. The junk on the beach wasn't to be expected, but right now, she was too concerned about surviving to care about the inconsistencies with the beach itself.

After the mad dash toward the beach, she crawled out of the water and panted against a large fallen log that seemed from a cedar forest of some sort. Looking back into the surf she saw others out and stood up waving to them. Thinking that the people in the surf were civilized, she shouted in russian "Di syuda! YA mogu pomoch' grazhdaninu !" Then realizing that she could be in the America's still, she translated, "Come to the shore! I can give help!"

It was that moment where she had a chance to breath that she realized this was not a Northern New England Lake, but an actual shore, "This looks like we are off of Yapan... how did this happen." She said absentmindedly under her breathe.

Trying more time she shouted to the people still in the water, "Shichizun wa-" a pause as she searched for words"watashi wa anata ni sore- anzen o... tasukemasu!" At least Yapanese Russians would be able to get the jist she cursed not having thought to study old Yapanese. Most spoke Russian like proper people!

Character Sheet
pre:
Name:	Irina Vasilieva	CP:      	255
Height:	5'9"	        Disadv limit:	35
Weight:	130	        CP Used: 	255
Eyes:	Hazel	        CP Left: 	0
Hair:	Brown		

Attributes	CP	146
ST	10		
DX 	14	80	
IQ	13	60	
HT	10		

HP	13	6	
Will	13		
Per	13		
FP	10	

Basic Lift	20

Damage	
Thrust:	1d-2
Swing:	1d	

Basic Speed	6
Basic Move	6
Dodge   	10

Languages	Spoken	Written 	CP
Russian(Native)	Fluent	Fluent  	0
English        Accented	Accented	4
Yapanese	Broken	None    	1

Culture	                        	CP
Russian 	Cornwallis       	0

Advantages	                	CP
Combat Reflexes	                	15
High Pain Tolerance	        	10
Absolute Direction	        	5
Attractive	                        4
Fit                                     5	

Perks	                        	CP
No Hangover	                	1

Disadvantages            		CP
Low TL -1	                	-5
Overconfidence	                 	-5
Workaholic	                	-5
Light Sleeper	                	-5
Code of Honor**	Russian Democratist	-10

Quirks   	                	CP
Broad-Minded	                 	-1
Congenial	                	-1
Responsive                      	-1
Like Alcohol	                	-1
Nosy	                        	-1

Skills          	Stat/Diff	Stat Mods	Level	CP	Notes
Smuggler!*      	DX/VH*3 	DX+2    	16	48	 
Acrobatics      	DX/VH   	DX-2    	12	2	
Acting          	IQ/Avg  	IQ-1    	12	1	
Artillery/Bombs  	IQ/Avg  	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Artist/Drawing   	IQ/H    	IQ-2    	11	1	
Bicycling        	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	
Boating         	DX/Avg  	DX-1    	13	1	
Body Language    	Per/Avg 	Per-1   	12	1	
Camouflage      	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	14	1	
Carousing       	HT/E    	HT+0    	10	1	
Climbing        	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	
Computer Operation	IQ/E     	IQ+0    	13	1	
Connoisseur Dance	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	
Cooking         	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	
Dancing         	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	
Diplomacy       	IQ/H    	IQ-1    	12	2	
Disguise         	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Driving Auto    	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	TL 6
Driving Motorcycle	DX/Avg   	DX-1    	13	1	TL 6
Electronics Repair	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Explosives      	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Fast-Draw Knife  	DX/E    	DX+0+1    	15	1	
Fast-Draw Pistol   	DX/E    	DX+0+1    	15	1	
First Aid        	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	13	1	TL 6
Forgery         	IQ/H    	IQ-1     	12	2	TL 6
Forward Observer	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1     	12	1	TL 6
Gunner Machine Gun	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Gunner Rockets   	DX/E    	DX+0            14	1	TL 6
Gun Pistol      	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Gun Assault Rifle 	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Hiking           	HT/Avg  	HT-1    	9	1	
Intimidation     	Will/Avg      	Will-1   	12	1	
Judo            	DX/H    	DX-2     	12	1	
Karate          	DX/H    	DX-2    	12	1	
Knot Tying       	DX/E     	DX+0    	14	1	
Lip Reading      	Per/Avg  	Per-1   	12	1	
Makeup           	IQ/E    	IQ+0    	13	1	TL 6
Knife           	DX/E    	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Mechanic Heavy Aircraft	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1       TL 6
Merchant        	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1     	12	1	
Navigation Air   	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1+3    	15	1	TL 6
Parachuting     	DX/E     	DX+0    	14	1	TL 6
Piloting Heavy Aircraft	DX/Avg   	DX+0    	14	2	TL 6
Propaganda      	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	TL 6
Riding           	DX/Avg  	DX-1    	13	1	
Scrounging      	Per/E   	Per+0   	13	1	
Soldier         	IQ/Avg   	IQ-1    	12	1	
Survival Woodlands	Per/Avg  	Per-1    	12	1	
Swimming        	HT/E    	HT+0    	10	1	

Totals	
Stats:  	154
Advantages:	36
Disadvantages:	-35
Skills: 	100
Total:  	255

Equipment
Starting Wealth:	5000
Money Spent:    	3605.25
Money Left:     	1394.75
Combat Weight   	22.6
OoC Weight      	45.55
Combat Encumberance	Light
OoC Encumberance	Medium

Item               	Location	Weight	Cost	Notes
Steel toed Boots	Feet    	4	100	6/2
Goggles          	Head    	- 	20	1 DR
Nagant R-1925    	Belt    	2	400	TL 6
Multitool        	Belt    	0.5	50	
Undercover Clothing	Body    	2	600	Holdout +1
AK-68           	Back    	10.1	450	TL 6
Warm Leather Jacket	Torso    	4	50	1 Dr
Filtered Canteen	Bugout Bag	3	25	TL 6
First Aid Kit    	Bugout bag	1	10	
Flashlight Heavy	Bugout bag	1	20	TL 6
Personal basics  	Bugout bag	1	5	TL 6
Binoculars      	Bugout bag	3	150	TL 6
7.62x39mmR ammo 	Bugout bag	0.5	50	2 reloads
Hobo Knife      	Bugout bag	0.25	5	
Box of Matches   	Bugout bag	-	0.25	TL 6 waterproof
Flares (3)      	Bugout bag	3	15	TL 6
Water Purify Tabs	Bugout bag	-	5	TL 6
7.62x39mm        	Bugout bag	3.2	60	2 Clips
Good Lockpicks   	body    	-	250	lockpicking +1
Wristwatch      	wrist   	-	20	
Expensive Formal wear	Bugout bag	2	1200	
Cosmetics       	Bugout bag	2	60	
Bug out Bag (backpack)	back    	3	60	

Ranged Weapons  	Damage  	Acc|Range	RoF|Shots	Notes
Nagant R-1925   	2d-1 pi-	2|140-1500	3|7(5i) 	Rcl 2 Bulk-2
AK-68           	5d+1 pi  	4|500-3100	10|30(3)	Rcl 2 Bulk-6
*Smuggler! DX Electronics Operation (Security and Surveillance), Escape, Forced Entry, Observation, Stealth, Lock-picking, Holdout, Smuggling, Fast-Talk, Detect Lies

**Russian Democraticist Oath: Protect Democracy and the Republic no matter where it lies. Subvert and free the masses to the best of your ability and influence. Oppose tyrants either by subterfuge or actively by force of arms whenever possible. Spread the light of democracy and guard against the subversion both inside and out.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irena- Unknown Beach

She recognized the odd accent as more the British Western Territories, "British Colonies? Come out of the water, how hurt? We need to make sure all are good and not hurt." She said in her English, to the strange man in the water. Her military training kicked in and she was triaging everyone, the man was walking but the woman had slumped to the ground in her strange clothing. The heat was starting to get to Irena and she slipped off her leather flight jacket.

As she did she revealed a work shirt with strange markings on it, the woman appeared to be exhausted. Though she had ignored Irena, that was no bother. She turned to the man, "Let me check." Motioning to the woman in the sand.

Approaching her, she waved slightly and said, "Are you good?" Guessing that like the man this woman in the strange clothing was british colonial.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 19, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irena- Unknown Beach

"Ah good. Rest." She said without thinking, in Irena's head a mental checklist was forming, and now that two were alright, she was going to turn her attention to the surf again. The woman had said something Irena thought, but she hadn't paid total attention to it, she was running off the next item on the check list, the people in the water. Irena started walking back toward the man and looked into the surf seeing a few more figures still out there. "She is fine." Irena said in reference to the woman on the beach, as she came back to the man on the beach. "Are you a Washingtonian?" Irena asked appearing to be offhandedly. She knew her accent gave her away, but she wasn't exactly trying to hide who she was, however, her mission was as secret as it could be.

She yelled at the man closest to them, "Come in out of the water. Come rest." Her hands on her hips at she watched them struggle against the surf in a casual suit. She shook her head wondering how they had survived with all that weight on them. "These trees and water look like they are closer to Yapan than New London." She said casually.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irena- Unknown Beach

"You Masons are quaint." She said shaking her head, not sure what PA was but sure it was another coded word.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irena- Unknown Beach

How else should an officer dress? Irena thought mercilessly, "You are strange, but not monarchist." She said pointedly, "First we get everyone safe then we talk clothing." She said pointedly, looking past them impatiently, seeing another woman in the water. "She looks like she took a tumble." Irena appears to be deciding whether to attempt to save the woman, or hold back and wait for it. She bites her lip and looks wistfully past her and realizes that she doesn't see any plane debris that she recognizes. Maybe the shooting of Yuri was just a dream? It was possible, she had flown non stop from Yapan...

The lack of fellow Citizens was disconcerting, she was expecting more... consistency.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irena- Unknown Beach

The emergence of the knight almost causes her to reach for her gun, but then with the archaic speaking she determined the knight was either insane, or a peasant trying to play at the monarchist fantasy of god. Irena let a little hmpf escape when another ill dressed man appeared also talking about god. It was a monarchist retreat from sanity and reality, to ensure that a king controlled them all.

"Heaven has nothing to do with it. This is an island." She says firmly, before rushing into the water to help the woman floundering. The others had distracted her, and she heard someone say something. It couldn't be in her head that didn't make sense, and it knew she was a Captian! This was insanity, Monarchists and Crazy persons, now she was hearing things. This was not a good start to the day.

She swum out with the knight into the water and got the woman's other arm. "Lets get her to shore." Irena said matter of factly, "Then we can figure out this mess, don't worry you will be okay." Her features softening toward the woman and the knight.

"Don't expect me to call you Sir. Even if you do help save this woman." Irena said icily toward the knight as she swum toward shore with them.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irena- Unknown Beach

She starts panting as well as the effort to sustain two people up gets to her, "Fair enough, then we are in agreement, Citizen." She says as far as anyone can tell warmly.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Unknown Beach

Dragging the woman to the beach she leans down and looks at her, "Are you okay?" She asks in her thick accent.

Giving only a moment, she looks at the others and swears under her breath, "Introductions, if that... sound in my head was not my mind broken, I am Captain Irina Vasilieva of Russian Democratic Dominate." She looks at the air and then to the sun for a second. "We must be south southeast of Yapan, if I were to say by the sun. I am not sure what happened. Either way, if we are where I think we are: know that you are visitors in the Dominate." She said extremely carefully.

"Citizens do not take kindly to Kings and Tyrants." She said eyeing the Knight and the other dirty man who talked of gods.

Irina started to take off her overshirt leaving a tank top underneath as she wrung the water out. "How do you talk to us?" She asks the strange voiceless woman in a bit of skeptical wonder.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 19, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Unknown Beach

Irina seems to purse her lips as she looks at the woman, Azure and thinks for a moment. "I haven't heard of that since Rasputin. You open your thoughts to the world and then we hear them?" She looks a little dumbfounded. Looking at the others take stock, "We have a confusing group, one from the ottoman monarchist empire lost in time, two from the rebelling british colonies who speaks strange. One who speaks stranger, I know not the accent, and another who old speech." She shakes her head.

"Did you all come by boat, I flew, in my own plane, I think. I remember it being destroyed at some point. Was that a dream? I don't remember being in it when it blew up." She said looking at the wing.

"I loved that plane, it was one of a kind." She said bitterly, before looking off into the debris field.

Looking with Per 13 for any wreckage she can see that would yield anything useful for right now, in terms of equipment or something that might contain a radio.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Unknown Beach

"A red?" She stood to her feet, "I am not a red coat or a- a" She looks frustrated at her lack of words "Beylik. A Monarchist, nor a British!" She stands and shakes off her undershirt that is clinging to her body the black shirt giving her a pale appearance. She seems rather insulted by the implication.

"I would no call you an english-man, or the Dominion forbid, A Prussian Anarchist!" She puts her grey over-shirt on and adjusts it to look more professional. "If anything I am a Green Democratist and proud of it!" She brushes off and then turns to the Knight.

"Citizen Miles, we have been able to fly in the sky in large machines since 1964 and the Great War of the Quintuple Alliance. As for you Colonists, I would guess by accent, I have been working to free you too from the crown of tyrants. The British King!"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Unknown Beach

"Irina." She says pointedly, "Penn-sil-vania? Oh I know this, yes." She paces for a moment, "YA znayu, chto eto odno." She mutters under her breath as she tries to remember her history class. "It is with the one that likes the sex." She thinks for a moment, "Ben Franklin. Yes, yes. Now it is indian land, after the Second French and Indian war. It was abandoned hundreds of years ago." She said very satisfied with her answer.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Unknown Beach

"Different Worlds? Then how did we travel to this one?" She points up at the moon in the daytime sky, "No one has even been to Luna! How could my plane fly to another world!" She said thoroughly confused. The science fiction of Russia was a premier of its day and even that speculated only what could exist on their nearest body, much less a whole new world. She considered something, and then asked. "Are they all from the Vulcan?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Unknown Beach

"Other Earths." Irina said looking blank at everyone else, "But but Yapan has been a Russian state for a hundred years!" She rubs her forehead and mutters, "I need some drink." Flexing her fingers she gets up and looks at everyone solidly, before decidedly. "Oh so, you are from New England Colonies too." She says at Azure the telepath, "Going to St. Louis Isle?" Irina seemed very confused, the idea of multiple worlds themselves was pretty mind-blowing.

"It is 2007 here- Where I am from." She said the idea of relative time really making her brow furrow. "And most of this is a planes and maybe a boat." She wasn't sure on some of it, but she could tell her lovely plane had been there. "My Vorobey" A tear in her eye as she picked up a dial from it on the sands. "I bought her from a racer from the aeroraces. Modified her to become the best at what we did." She said looking down and then set the dial down.

"We can't do nothing here, other earth or not. I don't have any food provisions... does anyone else? I expected to be in the forests of the Colonies full of deer and game."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Sunburn Isle

"The same that let the birds stay up. Science is the new truth in the world, no god, no emperor. It took years to perfect, but we are getting better. One day everyone will fly instead of use automobiles!" She said excitedly, always the proponent for planes. "We should make camp, my bag I had was only to survive should I have to escape the plane." She said looking at the wilderness. "We might be able to use a wing for a shelter, the sun will be very hard."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Sunburn Isle

She looks at the guitarist and thinks for a moment, her mouth purses like she is going to say something but decides against it for a moment. "We need to find water, and food, but mostly water. So once we find fresh water lets build the camp there." She said hoisting her pack, "I am looking for anything else we can use, but I don't have much hope."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Sunburn Isle

While both were out in the water getting the container, Irina was starting to pack up her things and use her leather jacket as kind of a sling for her other equipment. After getting ready, she walked over to the shore with Jeff and looked at Naomi and Azure. "I didn't see anything useful on the shore that could help us, but after we get this we should head into the jungle and start marking a trail." She said in a no nonsense way. She never seemed content to not be working on something, or planning how to work.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Sunburn Isle

"Thank you Courtney, good eye. We should be able to follow it." She said with a satisfactory praise, and a smile even lights up on her face, adding to her rather rosy complexion in the harsh sun. "Hector that is a great idea. You will be our master plant citizen, and I think very valuable in that role!" Once again the coming together of skills in almost a natural democratic method seemed to be like everything was going well, even one with such flawed concept such as god was able to see how natural and indeed necessary it was. Irina's disposition increased tenfold and she looked at the others. "We both can try to find our way in the jungle, I have some training, but Hector the Plant Master, seems to know much better than I. Citizen Miles, do you think that he should lead? He has the most experience."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Beach

"I have been trained, and would be glad to be in second position to support." She said looking at Hector.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Beach

"Boy's always comparing your pistols." She says with a smirk at them. Finally pulling her AK-64 from her bag and cocking the assault rifle, loading a round into chamber as she slung it under her shoulder. Looking at the others with a blank expression she said simply, "You know, for bears."

The box was like a future treasure chest, and when it opened she picked up a foil package, "Nuts. We should ration them out until we have a secure source of food." She said blandly, it had to be said, though. There was only one solution, to either stretch the supplies or find a new source of food. "We should divide it evenly, so that none are neglected, and all have strength."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Beach

"In my world, to be a pilot when you are like me, you had to be a best. Without being without the pants, at least." She said as if that explained her no nonsense demeanor. "I hope we do not have survive on these long. Though they are premium. Maybe help more?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Beach

"I agree with Hector. I vote we all continue into the jungle slowly. I do not know these jungles." She said honestly, "I will be behind hector, who shall follow?" She asks with military precision.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Animal Track

"We should make camp and then store our equipment before we explore." She said as they walked through the jungle, it was a place she was unaccustomed too, the gun across her hands felt nice in a dark creepy place like this. She huffed under the pack on her back, and anyone could tell she was struggling under it but she didn't say much about it, figuring that is what was required.

I have 6 move, medium encumbrance, at 3 move for me. :X 12 survival woodlands

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 22, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Animal Track

She was huffing and puffing as she stretched her back and set her pack down, "We need to be concealed and a fully sheltered." She said pointedly, "We have no idea who is here, and if there is anyone out there." She said stabbing the ground with her finger. "I will help build things, but Hector you are our tracker, I will defer to you." She said after a bit of panting and drinking from her filtered canteen. Sitting her equipment down, she started pulling out her bedroll and putting her thick leather jacket over her bag. Finally she removed her thick over-shirt until she was in her black undershirt.

"Need a fire before night comes." She said looking up at the others and her stash of mixed nuts.

Voting for Comfort and Stealth

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"Summoning fairy tales for fire, I will have to see." Irina says, trying to hold back any scorn. After all maybe it wasn't religious, as silly as the tradition that many of the colonials clung too. "We should get our camp open then find water. I have tablets so it will be safe, yes?" She said as she started helping Hector, being directed about by the more experienced person at least. Her black tank top starting to soak through in sweat. "I hate the hot. It is too hot." She said taking another drink from her canteen. She was a soldier, but mostly trained for arctic or at least north east british colonies.

"We need to make a hammock, so we can sleep." Irina said absent-mindedly, "Though tight fit if more than one."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

She looks the heraldry and thinks for a moment before answering, he had been a monarchist, but she thought that he wasn't acting like one. There is a decided calculated glint in her eye and she holds out the canteen for the knight. Miles might look like a monarchist, but she could tell that as of yet, he has not gone through the ideals of one. He didn't involve god for his right to push them around or take what he wanted, instead he asked like a citizen.

"It will taste grainy, that is the charcoal filter, it is still good to drink. I expected to be in colder places."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"It is of no concern." She said sweating in the dense jungle heat waving it off too hot to care at the moment, "Before the revolution, family was jewish." She hpmfs at herself more than Miles as she works, "I remember my grandfather talking like you did, always trust it will get better." She grunted in exertion, "It took more than hoping that it would get better to fix it. Now, religion is free in Russia, but I think it might be a bad thing. They always talk of serving lords." She scoffs to herself, "Enough of that where I come from, I think your place too." She said pointedly with a bit of a grin on her face.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

Irina doesn't say anything and instead lets the man say his peace, after all the democratic tradition is based on free speech. "One day, I will tell you what even a just lord does. Today is not that day, instead I will say that I disagree and you have your opinion." This wasn't Moscow or Gromovgrad and she had to expect a difference between the two. She bitterly thought that it was easy to say as a man, who didn't have to fight for everything.

Reigning in her feelings she said with a small smile, "We will be fine as long as all of us have a say, and no one is lord among us." She said wiping her brow a bit, "I do hope we do not have to stay on this island for all time. So why are you not a sir, but you have the heraldry" Irina asked curiously.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"Indeed, or at least shouldn't. I don't know where here is, but every one should be respected for their ability." She said certainly, sitting down on the ground and taking a break. She looked over to the other ladies of the group and wondered if she was different or too uptight compared to them. They seemed different and worst of all, felt like they looked more exotic, for some reason both made her feel rather frumpy in comparison.

Shaking her head of the thought she leans back, "We should get some water make a fire and boil the water, and save the tablets for times that we are desperate." She said looking at Miles,Courtney and Hector her eyes half closed from just wanting to nap for a moment. Even the hard ground feeling comfortable after a long hike.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 25, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"My Homeland is more than a place, it is a ideal. It is the light in the darkness, for freedom and equality. Where you can cast off the titles and be measured not on your nepotistic kings, bur rather, by your value to society. Though, my countrymen at times fall short, I believe in the ideal." She said as if it was a well practiced speech. "I would rather Citizen Miles have his own beliefs and values but that does not make Hector, our Tracker any lesser than him. That is what I believe and it is a noble thing." She takes a swig from her canteen and gets to her feet, stretching her arms.

"Both Miles and me should stop preaching." She said with a wink, "Though I am much prettier." She said fluffing her hair in a mocking fashion.

Irina would go looking for water minus her leather jacket and backpack, making her encumbrance with both weapons none. Basic Move 6

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 25, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"Oh, well that is a bad name. It has very bad things associated along with... books." She says eying Miles as she talks to Naomi.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

She glanced over at the lighter and nodded approvingly, "I only have matches, to help. That looks better than ours." Irina leaned around Naomi as she talked looking at the lighter.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"Lead on Hector The Tracker." She says with a smile picking up her rifle and checking that it was ready. "I am ready if bad happens." She said seriously.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Watering Hole

"Yes, boiling it." She had proposed it, and looked at Naomi and Azure with a nod, "Though I have tabs that will make it safe to drink. However it makes the water bad." She said with a bit of a glance toward the others. "What are these track?" She asked the others pointing at the mark in the mud. "This does not look like something I have seen before." She stands up and shakes her head, "Is it some type of great beast?" She says thinking back to her days in Dominion University, though wildlife was never her real forte at all, and that was going to shape up to be a big problem. The claw marks did not have the normal five fingers but instead three long ones, which made little sense to her, and it was too big to be a bird.

"Maybe it is a mark of a new machine of war?" She whispers to herself looking at the mysterious mark in the mud.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

She stoked the fire as she waited for the water to boil, "We hunt tomorrow, I hope rescue looks better then. Could use some sleep." Irina said stretching as she squatted down next to the fire. The damp air was quickly becoming cold compared to the heat of the day, and she had a feeling that she was going to be freezing most of the night. She glanced at the others and wondered what story they really held, they seemed to be holding themselves close to their chest. As so was she, she had mentioned being an ally, but she was far from telling him she was a gun runner to stop the British.

"We should have one keep watch tonight." She said blandly looking at the others. "It has been long since I have had duck though, what might you need oranges for?" Another weird variation on her own world she supposed, but Duck and orange had not been something she had heard.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"Birds and oranges." She shakes her head and looks down at the ground poking the fire as the water boiled in the fine pot. She had used every container she had to hold water, water was going to be key to what was going on. The jungle was hot and she was even now layered in sweat from the idle exertion of the day. It would only get worse, she could only hope she could wash in a waterfall or something like that. The kind of thing you read about Yapanese romance novels were the lovers meet under a waterfall and forbidden love is ignited. Of course, there wasn't much she could do now and she certainly didn't feel like she was in a romance, she imagined it would smell better, and feel less uncomfortable.

"I will take middle watch. As the highest ranking soldier, it is the least I can do. Though company would be nice." She smiled at Jeff, "You and Citizen Miles should go together, it seems like it would make the most sense. I had the most water, so I can go to sleep now, and get a full nights rest at least." Or try to at least.

"The print is of a dangerous beast. A large one. Bird or no, ya ne znayu. I do not think it is good. Either way, we will want to keep weapons close."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"Ah, French, Svolochi, That small kingdom is the jewel of the Monarchists. I..." Irina scrunches her nose, "-was not permitted to know much of them. Though the British Colonist raved about their great dramas on the kinescopes." She said distractedly. Irina sits down and leans with her head on her knees watching the fire.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"We ration. Best idea." She said still staring into the fire feeling good about the warm coming from it. Memories perhaps, though her face has no emotion on it as she watches. "Water more important. I would say one packet tonight, though I am not going to eat any, tomorrow morning I will eat some." She says matter-of-factly. Yawning a bit, as she pulled her self up to the fire and laid down with her face toward the fire.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"I do not mind Jeff." She said looking at Jeff. "If you do not mind me." She added uncertainly, these colonists were strange. "I have training and can go watch alone, and stoke the fire." Irina privately wondered if she had brought her knife to try to whittle the hours away waiting for dawn.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

"Native Tracker, one who shows the path and walks like one of the wild." She looks at the others and then back to Hector, "Is word right? The Algonquins are the best trackers in the world, can follow most animals, and make path through any wood. Russians used them for years up North during the Great Scare." Irina said shaking her head and scratching the back of her head as she did. Not sure what to add she looked away for a moment, before adding, "Large Birds will be Lunch." With a smile toward Jeff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Irina- Campsite

She stretches and goes off for a moment to steady herself and only emerges with a blanket draped across her shoulders, she shivered slightly in the night air having been warm in bed. She yawns and sits down across from Jeff. Her hair down and not in her tight functional bun falls to her shoulders, and it is obvious that she was a bit more tired than she had expected from the day. She stretched her arms above her head and then pulled her smaller pistol out and laid it at her feet as she adjusted to being awake.

She eyed Jeff very envious that he seemed to be perfectly warm and even a bit hot, and she supposed she would be too, as soon as she let the fire and the cold sweat of sleep shake off. Irina stared into the fire for a moment before jerking her attention as Jeff spoke and she nodded along to his assertion that tomorrow they would have to try to escape their island prison. "I fell too asleep." She said taking her blanket off of her and getting use to the warm air against her skin.

"Fought in the Oregon county mostly, did sorties over Pullayap. Earned my wings." She took a swig of her canteen slowly and looked into the fire, "Red Coats did not leave it willingly, but the native rebellion for democracy helped. The Sioux joined us with two full battalion of trackers and we rolled over them in Iron Trains." She said a bit confidently, "Our tanks are still too much for the Red Coats and they retreated. After that, we stopped and had to find a new job. So took to flying between the Colonies and Oregon, it is a job." She shrugged, "Still a Citizen Soldier, we know next big war will happen soon, but who knows how it will start. As is all things, yes?" She said in a rather fatalistic smile.

Irina looked at Jeff and thought for a moment, "In your Russia, do they still have a Czar?" She looked almost fearfully at the prospect.

• Locked thread