Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius - Nusquam Castra (Camp Nowhere)

Ignatius quietly picks up his shield and shortsword again, moving to take a defensive position on the other side of the fire from everyone else.

Perception 12, Ignatius is looking directly AWAY from the voice, with the fire at his back. Just in case somebody is sneaking up on us. The area around the camp is "trapped" with sticks that should hopefully make noise if someone steps on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007


Jake Wolff -- The Beach

Jake had just been about to respond to Ignatius and let him know that the had found water when the voice calls out in the darkness to the strangest of his new companions. Instead, he hefts the Skorpion given to him by Vojtech, still unfamiliar in his hands but reassuring enough under the circumstances. He turns and looks out in the direction the voice had come from, the gun hanging between his knees, ready to be used if necessary. "This place gets crazier by the minute."


Jake takes another bite of the Clif Bar he was holding, having spurned offers of eating giant... Something. When he is out of food, he'll be forced to eat the local fauna, but until then, granola bars will suffice.

Per: 11, looking for movement or changes in light.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Camp Nowhere

"Course I'm 606. What the hell do you think I am? Dammit, man if you don't get out here and help me, Charl's gonna hear about this."

Swampdog shines his light towards the water and sees a dark shape laying down in the surf. Most of the shape doesn't seem identifiable, but then he spots an arm laying on the beach. The voice seems to be coming from the person or thing on the beach.

Abner sees the same shape laying in the surf at the edge of the beach. The shape doesn't appear to be moving and if its a human then its back is turned towards the beach. Sasha can pick up traces of the a scent similar to Swampdog, but its mingled among various ocean scents. Jake sees a body at the edge of the beach getting hit by waves, as far as he can tell the voice appears to be coming from the shape.

Ignatius looks around trying to spot anything trying to sneak up on them. He sees nothing, but his vision is limited to what light the fire can produce.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

Vojtech Liska - Camp Nowhere

Vojtech hears the voice calling, and knows what he must do. He stands up, slings his rifle, and walks over to the edge of the fire light. "Raise your hand kamarád, I will come over and help, yeah?"

if I can see any sort of movement/sign of distress/whatever, I'll go over and try to help

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Camp Nowhere

"Mr. Swamp, did any of your compatriots happen to have, er, gills or the like?" She feels ridiculous for even asking, but this was not the time to be worrying about what was scientifically possible. As she asks this she goes to her pack and pulls out a smaller bag emblazoned with a red cross.

She starts to follow Vojtech out without waiting for Swampdog's reply. "Sir," she calls out to the shape in the surf, "are you injured in any way? Can you move?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Camp Nowhere

Swamp shouted, "Yeah, yeah. I'm comin'. Hold yer fuckin' horses." He was just beginning to rise from the log he was sitting on when a thought struck him. What was this Union guy doing in the hours between the Banestorm and now?

He whispered to the group at large, "S'far I could tell Sash, none of 'em had gills. They coulda been coverin' up though." He lowered his voice even further, "Could be clavo poo poo. I'm gonna take a look. Ya'll had better be ready if things get weird."

He got up from where he was sitting, brushing the sand off himself. He approached the source of the voice, one hand holding his flashlight, the other resting on his holstered Glock. Might not be clavo, could be the clavo poo poo storm moved things differently. After all, when Swamp first resurfaced, the 606 speedboat was nowhere in sight, but was visible after he got to shore. Still, an awful long time to be treading water in the middle of the Gulf during a storm.

"poo poo, I looked all over for you guys. Figgured ya'll were dead. Seen your buddies anywhere?"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Camo Nowhere

Abner gets up alongside Swampdog, and picks up his rifle, cocking it quietly, and then speaking to Swampdog in a low whisper.

"If you know the fellow, then we should help him, but we must be on our guard. This has been a very strange day, and I suspect that things will only become stranger."

He walks carefully out of the camp, walking up the beach parallel to Swampdog's erstwhile friend.

Per 14, Observation 14, Stealth 15

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007


Jake Wolff -- The Beach

Rather than join the group headed to the surf, Jake stands and joins Ignatius. He brings the still unfamiliar Skorpion with him. FLicking his flashlight on, he scans the sand. "Think you can make use of this, Maximus?"

Shining a light, using Per 11 still.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius - Nusquam Castra (Camp Nowhere)

Eyes starting to adjust to the dim light beyond the campfires circle of brilliance, Ignatius sighs as the strange lanterns light suddenly points out into the darkness and ruins his night vision. "Yes. Move the light side to side in the distance, not at the ground."

Per 12

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Beach

"I'm hurt real bad man. I can barely move." The man on the beach waves his arm, but doesn't move the rest of his body as it lies on the beach. Those who begin to walk out to the man see clothing that looks similar to Swampdog's except this man's clothing appears more ragged and thoroughly soaked. The man's arm appears to be human.

Those back at the camp see nothing out of the ordinary with the man except for his unexpected appearance on the beach.

Swampdog and Abner make their way to the man followed by Sasha and Vojtech. Swampdog taking the direct route while Abner skirts around to approach the man from a different side. Neither spots anything dangerous.

Ignatius maintains his vigil towards the jungle and hears a low pitch hiss, which is followed by two other higher pitched hisses. At the moment he doesn't see anything and nothing is close enough to trigger any of the security measures. The sounds also grab Jake's attention.

Four people are going out to check on the injured man. If any of the four want to move up to the man, they can do so. Otherwise I'll assume they are hanging back (just in case).

Back at the camp Ignatius and Jake hear the sounds, but can't see anything yet.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Beach

Once the man is close enough to be illuminated, it doesn't take long for Sasha's emergency training to kick in. She rushes to the man's side, checks his pulse and otherwise assess his condition.

Diagnose 14, or whatever relevant skills from Medic! to find out what's wrong with the guy and figure out if he can be safely moved to the camp. Provided what's wrong with him isn't "has a carnivorous squid instead of a face," in which case all bets are off.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Camp Nowhere

Swampdog continued to speak with the downed 606er, "Hang in there, bud. Found a doctor to patch ya up." He looked around, seeing nothing too out of the ordinary. Didn't seem like anything clavo was going on, but one could never be too sure when it came to that subject. He almost involuntarily winced as Sasha touched the man to examine him.

Rule #1 of dealing with clavo stuff: Never be the first one to touch clavo poo poo.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Beach near Camp Nowhere

Abner hangs back, near enough to come to Sasha's aid if she needed but not close enough to be in her way. He glances around, wary of the strange island.

Per 14. If the dude does turn out to have squidforafaceitis Abner's gonna shoot first and ask questions later.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

Vojtech Liska - Camp Nowhere

As soon as the man is somewhat visible, Vojtech starts moving, pulling his med kits out of his load bearing gear as he goes. However the man on the beach was, he was probably injured, and in need of help. He can't help cracking a joke though, despite the seriousness of the situation.

"Hello, Hurt. I'm Vojtech."

Moving up with Sasha to help. If Danger Sense starts going wild, Vojtech will pump the brakes, and stop Sasha as well

First Aid 11
Danger Sense

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius - Nusquam Castra (Camp Nowhere)

Remaining quiet, Ignatius looks towards the sound with more than a bit of worry. "Snakes? Can you toss the torch out there?"

Per 12

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Beach

On the shore, Vojtech approaches without any feelings of impending doom. Swampdog moves up, but doesn't touch the body. Abner readies his rifle. Sasha goes over to the downed person. She steps up and is about to check on the person's condition when she gets the scent of rotting fish. The body reeks of dead rotting fish. This close up, she realizes that the body's odor had been masked by other odors, but this close up she realizes something is very wrong. She takes a step back. The body then speaks,

"Help me Swampdog!" The voice is now shrill and takes on a mocking tone. Just as those around the body begin to realize something is wrong, the body springs up to face Swampdog. It takes a swipe at him, but misses. Now that it stands up Sasha and Swampdog see that this thing has claws on his fingers and its mouth is larger then it should be and the teeth come to points. While the body looks like one of Swampdog's people, it is no longer.

Back at the camp, Ignatius looks into the darkness of the jungle. He then sees several six foot high bipedal creatures moving through the jungle towards the camp. As he stands there he sees that the creatures are a mix between birds and lizards and they don't appear friendly.

We are now in combat. I'd appreciate if everyone could post combat stat blocks once every few posts or so. Here is an example of a stat block:

ST --; DX --; IQ --; HT --; Per --; Will --
HP -/-; FP -/-; BS -; BM -; Dodge: -
Applicable Advantages and perks here
Stats for weapon being used
Armor stats (location and DR)

Applicable skills should be posted separately along with any actions taken during combat.

As for what happened, Vojtech failed his danger sense roll, but it didn't take long to see the danger. Sasha smells the issue first and backs off. The creature gets up, but fails to surprise the group. The attack it did didn't have a chance of hitting. This thing is something other than human. Also Abner is ready with his rifle, so he can shoot.

For the two in the camp, Ignatius has spotted three bipedal bird lizards approaching the camp from the jungle. His camp preparations will hinder the coming bird lizards, but not much. He can't tell how fast they're moving. I assume Ignatius is prepared with weapons ready.


Map



Characters are listed by their first two initials. All hexes are 1 yard sized. The jungle is to the left and beach to the right. All areas covered in shadow have a -2 to hit them. Anything not in shadow (such as the thing on the beach) have no penalty. Attacking from Darkness into a lighted area has no penalty (Such as Abner shooting the thing on the beach). The camp is the green ring surrounded by stripped marks which is Ignatius' early warning system.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Beach
Abner only gets a glimpse of the foul beast as it rises and attacks Swampdog, but that is enough to make up his mind. "Swampdog, get out of the way! He cries, leveling the rifle. He could not be sure, but it looked like it was more or less human shaped. Abner aimed where a man's heart would be, and then fired.

Aiming for one second,then making a Targeted Attack (Vitals), at effective skill 19.

pre:
ST 12; DX 13; IQ 13; HT 12; Per 14; Will 13
HP 14/14; FP 13/13; BS 6.25; BM 6; Dodge: 10
Combat Reflexes, Fit
Fine(Acc, Rel) Kentucky Rifle, .45 Flintlock (4d-1 pi+, Acc 4, Range 110/1,200, RoF 1, 
   Shots 1 (60), ST 9t, Bulk -6, Rcl 3, Eff. Skill 17, 15 for TA (Vitals)) $700, 7 lbs
DR1* on Torso, Arms Groin, Legs, Feet

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Beach

Whatever it is, it's dead. There is no mistaking that smell. Nothing that dead should be able to move. Just what sort of God-forsaken world did they end up in?

Stumbling backwards, she fumbles her gun out of it's holster. Her training is at least good enough for her to take a deep breath and steady her shaking hands before firing.

Ready Maneuver to draw my gun and take a step back. Will aim for one second and fire if it's still standing by my third turn. Effective skill after Aiming, with Weapon Acc and Bracing included, is 18.

pre:
ST 11; DX 12; IQ 14; HT 12; Per 14; Will 14
HP 11/11; FP 12/12; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Fit, Night Vision 2

			Damage	Acc	Range   	RoF	Shots	ST	Bulk	Rcl
Single-Action Army	3d-2pi+	4 	120/1,300	1 	6(5i)	11	-2	4

DR 1 (Everywhere but Hands, Feet, and Head); DR 2* (Feet)

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Camp Nowhere

Swampdog managed to get a good look at the former 606er as he effortlessly dodged the creature/man's clumsy blow, yelling a few choice expletives as he did so. The guy looked nothing like this earlier. Swampdog figured he either somehow managed to mutate several times and go rad crazy in the span of a few hours (unlikely) or there was clavo poo poo involved.

Swamp had never seen it, but he had heard about this kinda thing happening. Sometimes when people died in places like O-Town, well, nobody had any explanation for it other than they didn't die right. The lucky ones never left their bodies, forced to become shambling, decaying shadows of themselves. They were still themselves, at least until everything rotted away and they stopped moving. The unlucky ones became ghosts, who roamed around the deepest, darkest parts of the damned city, mindlessly attacking anyone and anything they feel didn't belong. The Union guy didn't appear to be either, but close enough.

Swampdog barked, "CLAVO! SHOOT THE poo poo OUT OF IT!" and reached for his pistol.

Rolling Fast Draw to ready my pistol instantly. My skill is 14 + 2 from my fast draw rig, for a total of 16. Success! (11 vs 16)

He whipped his Glock of out his belt holster, took a second to carefully aim, and fired off three shots. He wasn't sure if this was the type of clavo poo poo that died when you shot it, but he certainly hoped.

Taking a second to aim and firing 3 shots. Effective skill is: 14 (base) + 2 (acc) = 16

pre:
ST 12; DX 12; IQ 11; HT 12; Per 12; Will 11
HP 13/13; FP 12/12; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Fit, Damage Resistance (1, crushing)

			Damage	Acc	Range   	RoF	Shots	ST	Bulk	Rcl
Glock 22		2d+2pi+	2 	160/1,800	3 	15+1	8	-2	2

DR 3(cut, impale)/1 (Torso, arms, legs); DR 2 (Feet); Swampdog is not currently wearing his concealable vest.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at Sep 11, 2016 around 19:02

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius, The Defense of Camp Nowhere

The sound of gunfire, heard for the first time, sends Ignatius's heart racing. A sudden twitch is all that shows that he had nearly turned around to look at the source of the noise, before catching himself and refocusing his attention on the strange beasts lurking at the edge of the light.

"DANGER BEHIND US! RETURN TO CAMP AND FORM UP!"

Will to avoid looking towards gunfire vs 12: 3d6 9
pre:
ST 14; DX 12; IQ 12; HT 12; Per 12; Will 12
HP 14/14; FP 15/15; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Combat Reflexes, Very Fit

Roman Scutum, Large  Wgt:22 
   Bash Dam:1d cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14 
   Rush Dam:slam+3 cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14
Shortsword LC:4|4 Wgt:2 
   Swing Dam:2d cut 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14
   Thrust Dam:1d+1 imp 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14

Shield: Cover DR 10, DR/HP 4/27 DB: 3
Armor: None! He took it off.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at Sep 12, 2016 around 20:19

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007


Jake Wolff -- The Beach

Jake ducks and whips his head around at the sound of gunfire. "Holy poo poo." His heart starts racing and his nerves are set tingling by the adrenaline. Before he has time to take in the scene, Ignatius yells out. He didn't know what was happening at the beach, but he knew there was trouble coming from the forest.

Readying his own weapon, and remembering to turn off the safety, he moves over by Ignatius, still ducked low. He shines the flashlight directly at the birds. "I don't know what the gently caress those things are, Maximus, but I've seen Jurassic Park and there aren't a lot of friendly dinosaurs. Want me to shoot them?"


Readying the Skorpion in one hand, flashlight in the other, and moving so that I'm two hexes below Ignatius.

pre:
ST 12; DX 13; IQ 11; HT 13; PER 11; WILL 12
HP 12/12; FP 11/13; BS 6.5; BM 6;  Dodge 9
Adv: Fit, Flexible, Daredevil
Disad:  Overconfidence

Vz. 61 Skorpion [Guns (SMG) = DX-5 = 9]
		Dmg 2d-1 pi-, Acc2, Weight 3.7/0.9, RoF14, Shots20(3), Bulk -3, ST7, Rcl2, 
		Military Holster, 2 lbs
		2 magazines of APHC, 1.8 lbs 
Ice Axe (pick) [Axe/Mace = DX-5 = 8]
                Swung: dmg 1d+3 imp; Reach 1; Weight 3; Parry 7U

Armor: None (all DR-providing items are with his clothes drying by the fire)

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

Vojtech Liska - Camp Nowhere

The voice changed. And while the body looks somewhat like Swampdog, teeth and claws, let alone attacking the others, meant that it was no longer time to be nice. Dropping his medical supplies, Vojtech goes straight for his slung rifle, shouldering it as fast as he can.

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Drawing rifle, and then as soon as there's a clear shot, Vojtech will fire three rounds at the mutant beast thing Rifles 15+All Out Attack(determined) 1+ Weapon Bond 1= 17 total. Will take a step while drawing the rifle or before firing if needed to get the clear shot.

pre:
ST 12-; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 12; Per 12; Will 13
HP 15/15; FP 15/15; BS 6; BM 5; Dodge: 5

Weapon Bond: Czechmate 
Combat Reflexes 
Night Vision 2
Trademark Move
		Pinning the Vitals: All out Attack(determined) 3 round burst to the vitals

Vz. 58 Pi(basically as an AK, with adjusted weight)
		Dmg 4d-1(2)pi- inc, 4 Acc, Weight 6.3/1.5, RoF10, 30(3) shots, bulk -5*, ST9t, Rcl 2, $750/$30
		Rifle Sling, 1lb, $10
		PSO-1 Scope (x4 mag, +2acc), 1 pound,  $300
		Detachable Baffle Suppressor, Rifle
			-2 hearing, $500, -1 bulk, 1.5lb
		5 magazines of API(150 rounds, $202.50), $352.50, 7.5 pounds
Improved Fragmentation Vest
		Covers torso and groin, fitted with front trauma plate. DR is 22/20(4/2 from back)

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Beach - shore

The thing that resembles the man Swampdog knew, swings at Swampdog. The blow is strong, but it merely glances off of Swampdog's clothing. Still the claw leaves a large tear where the claws scrapped across the mutant's chest. Sasha backs up and pulls her gun. Swampdog and Abner aim. Vojtech draws his weapon. The monster on the beach moves fast and lunges at Swampdog again. The claws of the fiend once again hit Swampdog, but this time Swampdog gets scractched by the claws. The wound is barely noticeable to the man because at that moment Abner, Swampdog, and Vojtech begin to fire on the monster. Abner fires one round at the monster's vital areas, its heart and lungs. The frontiersman is unsure how much damage the shot would do, but it at least hits its mark. Swampdog fires three rounds into the thing at very close range. One bullet stops at its skin, the other two find their mark in the creature's torso. Vojtech fires three rounds at the monster. The impacts of the bullets are small and do little damage. Due to their incendiary nature, there is a small burn where the bullets hit. The thing doesn't burn much since it's still wet. Sasha aims, but sees the thing fall from the others' bullets.

Beach - Camp

Ignatius alerts the others to the threat from the jungle. He then hears a monstrous sound like thunder coming from behind himself. His instincts as a soldier keep him from looking, instead he focuses on the beasts moving out of the jungle. Jake turns and moves over near Ignatius. He pulls his gun. Three beasts become lit up by the light.



Most of its skin appears to be like the scales of a lizard and on its head is a tuft of feathers. Of the three, one has numerous scars over it. The three creatures move towards the camp. The scarred one moves towards Ignatius, while the other two make their way towards Jake.

Synopsis of what happened in 2 seconds:

On the beach:
Second 1
The thing on the beach (a bane ghoul) went first and attacked Swampdog. The hit was a critical, but it didn't get past Swampdog's DR, so it the attack merely scratched Swampdog's clothes.
Abner aimed. Swampdog aimed. Vojtech drew his weapon and moved. Sasha backed up and drew her weapon.

Second 2
Bane ghoul attacked swampdog again. It managed to hit Swampdog for 1 hp damage.
Abner fired hitting the ghoul. Swampdog fired hitting the ghoul. Vojtech fired hitting the ghoul. It goes down after Vojtech's bullets hit it. Sasha aimed.

Camp:

Second 1
Three dinos move out of the jungle towards the camp.
Ignatius avoids looking for the gunfire, while Jake moves.

Second 2
Three dinos move and attack. They all fail their attacks
Jake readies his weapon. The dinos will act first in the third second.


Map



Ignatius is up with one action, then the three dinos will attack.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at Sep 13, 2016 around 03:12

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius

Letting the beast rush in close, Ignatius suddenly stabs over the top of his shield, putting a shallow stab wound in it's chest.

Stab scarred dino vs 14: 3d6 10

pre:
ST 14; DX 12; IQ 12; HT 12; Per 12; Will 12
HP 14/14; FP 15/15; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Combat Reflexes, Very Fit

Roman Scutum, Large  Wgt:22 
   Bash Dam:1d cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14 
   Rush Dam:slam+3 cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14
Shortsword LC:4|4 Wgt:2 
   Swing Dam:2d cut 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14
   Thrust Dam:1d+1 imp 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14

Shield: Cover DR 10, DR/HP 4/27 DB: 3
Armor: None! He took it off.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Beach - camp

Ignatius thrusts his sword into the lizard-bird scoring a hit against it. The wound is bad, but the beast doesn't go down. It hisses in pain.

The beast goes in for an attack. Its attack is quickly parried by Ignatius's sword. The beast's arm gets sliced off at the elbow. The arm falls to the ground and the beast hisses again.

At the same time, the other two dinosaurs attack Jake. The first one swings a viscous claw at Jake. Jake tries to get out of its way, but he doesn't move fast enough. The claw diggs into the skin on his torso cutting down to the bone. Jake falls down from the hit. The Skorpion falls out of his hand. The second creature then moves in and before Jake can react the dino's claw rips across his chest again. Jake finds himself knocked down and stunned for the moment.

The rest of the group who left the camp, turn to see what happened. They see Ignatius taking on the one dinosaur while two more attack Jake.

Ignatius scores a hit on the biggest dino and when the dino attacks him, Ignatius manages to parry the attack. Ignatius manages to cleave the dino's arm off.

The other two dinos went after Jake with a fury. First one claws at Jake and Jake misses his dodge. The attack hits doing 10hp damage causing a major wound. Jake rolls his HT+1 against being stunned. He failed the check and fell. He now has his move and Dodge halved. He also suffers shock -4 to DX and IQ next turn. The second dino then attacks Jake. Jake fails his dodge and gets wounded again. 9 hp this time. Jake drops to -1xhp (-7). He passes his check to stay alive. He can only use the Do nothing maneuver for 1 second. After that he'll have to roll to make sure he doesn't go unconscious.

It is now the 3rd second and everyone can react.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Beach

Whatever it is, it seems to be stopped by bullets just like anything else, thank Christ. The shouting behind her causes her to whip around just in time to see the man from Secundus get taken down by two of the strangest looking Birds shes's ever seen. poo poo.

She sights down her barrel at the nearest definitely-not-a-turkey before taking the shot. Hopefully it would scare them away.

poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo.

Second 3 - Aim with a step towards the camp
Second 4 - All-Out Attack (Determined) with an effective skill of 19 before range penalties or size modifiers.


pre:
ST 11; DX 12; IQ 14; HT 12; Per 14; Will 14
HP 11/11; FP 12/12; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Fit, Night Vision 2

			Damage	Acc	Range   	RoF	Shots	ST	Bulk	Rcl
Single-Action Army	3d-2pi+	4 	120/1,300	1 	6(5i)	11	-2	4

DR 1 (Everywhere but Hands, Feet, and Head); DR 2* (Feet)

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Beach

Abner whips around and gapes back towards the camp as one of their companions is borne down by... god knows what but it's nothing friendly. Abner pulls the pistol from his belt, levels it, and fires. Without waiting to see the result of the shot, Abner moves towards the fray, dropping his pistol and rifle on the sand and drawing out his tomahawk.

Second 3-4: Drawing and Readying pistol, second 5: Aiming, Second 6: All-Out Attack - Determined at the middle raptor (Skill 14 (Default from rifle 16), Acc +1, AOA+1, -6 Range, effective skill 10), Second 7: Moving towards camp, dropping pistol and rifle at the end of the movement, away from the water line, Second 8: Readying Tomahawk and Stepping.
shooting raptor with pistol, effective Skill 10: 3d6 13



pre:
ST 12; DX 13; IQ 13; HT 12; Per 14; Will 13
HP 14/14; FP 13/13; BS 6.25; BM 6; Dodge: 10
Combat Reflexes, Fit
Fine (Reliable) Wogdon Dueller, .45 Flintlock (1d+2 pi+, Acc 1, Range 70/800, RoF 1, 
   Shots 1 (20), ST 9, Bulk -3, Rcl 2) $375, 2.75 lbs

Beardless fucked around with this message at Sep 13, 2016 around 04:19

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius

Sparing time for a final stab at the scarred creature, Ignatius turns his attention to the two beasts standing above his prone comrade, slashing at the nearest one in hopes of making it back away.

Second 3: stab at scarred dinosaur. Second 4: turn to face the middle dino and Swing with the shortsword. If anything attacks me, parry on 14. If the dinos back of during second 3, I'll use Rush instead with my shield for Second 4.

Stab at scarred dino vs 14: 3d6 10
Stab Damage: 1d6+1 6


pre:
ST 14; DX 12; IQ 12; HT 12; Per 12; Will 12
HP 14/14; FP 15/15; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Combat Reflexes, Very Fit

Roman Scutum, Large  Wgt:22 
   Bash Dam:1d cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14 
   Rush Dam:slam+3 cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14
Shortsword LC:4|4 Wgt:2 
   Swing Dam:2d cut 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14
   Thrust Dam:1d+1 imp 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14

Shield: Cover DR 10, DR/HP 4/27 DB: 3
Armor: None! He took it off.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at Sep 13, 2016 around 05:52

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

Vojtech Liska - Camp Nowhere

As if loving MUTANT GODDAMNED HELL PEOPLE weren't enough, Vojtech's Jurassic Park comment turned out to be correct. The kid was down without firing a shot, and the Roman was swinging a goddamned sword. Because meeting a mutant, a strange Amerind woman, a post-apocalyptic mutant man, a fur trader, and someone who apparently travelled to other worlds for tourism wasn't interesting enough, he now got to watch a man fight dinosaurs with a sword.

"Time to be the first Czech to ever kill a dinosaur." Vojtech mumbles, taking aim at one of the critters and firing, feeling the recoil thump against his shoulder in staccato bursts.

Aiming and firing 3 rounds at the dino on the bottom, targeted at where the vitals probably are Rifles 15+Acc 6(with scope)+All Out Attack(determined) 1+ Weapon Bond 1+ Trademark Move 1- Vitals targeted 3= 21 effective total.

Given time and a clear shot, Vojtech will fire 3 more shots without aiming at another dino, Rifles 15+All Out Attack(determined) 1+ Weapon Bond 1= 17 total


pre:
ST 12-; DX 12; IQ 10; HT 12; Per 12; Will 13
HP 15/15; FP 15/15; BS 6; BM 5; Dodge: 5

Weapon Bond: Czechmate 
Combat Reflexes 
Night Vision 2
Trademark Move
		Pinning the Vitals: All out Attack(determined) 3 round burst to the vitals

Vz. 58 Pi(basically as an AK, with adjusted weight)
		Dmg 4d-1(2)pi- inc, 4 Acc, Weight 6.3/1.5, RoF10, 27/30(3) shots, bulk -5*, ST9t, Rcl 2, $750/$30
		Rifle Sling, 1lb, $10
		PSO-1 Scope (x4 mag, +2acc), 1 pound,  $300
		Detachable Baffle Suppressor, Rifle
			-2 hearing, $500, -1 bulk, 1.5lb
		5 magazines of API(150 rounds, $202.50), $352.50, 7.5 pounds
Improved Fragmentation Vest
		Covers torso and groin, fitted with front trauma plate. DR is 22/20(4/2 from back)

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Camp Nowhere

The deader was down. Good. Hopefully he wouldn't get back up. Swampdog whipped around to see what was going on at the campsite, ignoring the pain coming from the spot on his face where the dead man had scratched him. The things attacking Ignatius and Jake weren't tiny gators or some other mutant, but full fledged dinosaurs! Swampdog would have almost been delighted if it wasn't for the fact that they seemed to have overwhelmed one of the two men at the camp.

He took a deep breath and squeezed off a couple of shots at the nearest dino. His buddies back home would never believe this.

Second 3: Aim + brace, with a step towards the camp.
Second 4: All-out Attack (Determined), firing 2 shots, for an effective skill of 14+2(acc)+1(brace)+1(determined) = 18. Moving towards the camp with a half move after.

pre:
ST 12; DX 12; IQ 11; HT 12; Per 12; Will 11
HP 12/13; FP 12/12; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Fit, Damage Resistance (1, crushing)

			Damage	Acc	Range   	RoF	Shots	ST	Bulk	Rcl
Glock 22		2d+2pi+	2 	160/1,800	3 	15+1	8	-2	2

DR 3(cut, impale)/1 (Torso, arms, legs); DR 2 (Feet); Swampdog is not currently wearing his concealable vest.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Beach Camp

Ignatius thrusts his sword at the lizard-bird, but it moves out of the way. It seems to have learned to avoid the sword. Sasha and Swampdog aims and moves toward the camp. Vojtech begin to aim. Abner draws his weapon.

The scarred dinosaur moves away from Ignatius, having tasted more steel than she ever wished she had. With a loud hiss, one of the other two dinos turn towards Ignatius and attacks him. Ignatius manages to raise his shield to defend himself and the dinosaur's claws carve their way across the shield. The other dinosaur bends down and clamps its mouth around Jake's leg. Instead of attacking the leg, the dino yanks on the leg. it seems the dino is more interested in dragging off Jake, then killing him.

Ignatius turns to face the dino that attacked him. He slashes at the beast and the sword hits the thing's left leg. The blade cuts through the leg, through skin, muscle and bone. It falls over and hits the ground. Sasha fires at the dino that grabbed Jake. The shot finds its mark and the dino drops Jake. Swampdog fires, but misses. Vojtech fires several rounds and two of them take out the dino that used to be holding onto Jake.

The scarred dino turns and begins to run into the jungle.

Since Jake can't do anything this turn, I'm moving ahead.

3rd second: Ignatius stabs, and the dino dodges. Swampdog and Sasha aim and take a step. Vojtech aims, Abner draws a weapon.

4th second: The scarred dino takes a step backwards, moving away from Ignatius. However another dino pivots and attacks Ignatius. Ignatius blocks with his shield. The other dino grabs Jake's leg after Jake fails to dodge. Jake takes no damage from this, but he is now at -4 to DX as long as the dino holds onto Jake's leg. Next turn Jake and attack the dino, ready something, or attempt to break free.

Character actions: Jake is no longer in shock and he is no longer stunned. Jake passes his HT roll and can act this turn.

Ignatius takes out the left leg of the dino he faces. Sasha fires at the dino holding Jake. Jake is freed. Vojtech then fires and kills that dino.

5th second:
The scarred dino leaves the camp and is limping off towards the jungle.


Map

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius

A swift jab at the throat leaves the downed raptor choking on it's own blood for the few brief seconds before it passes out, and Ignatius turns to look back across the camp. The sudden spasming death of the second raptor was surprising, as was the thunder that accompanied it from the hands of his companions. It was as if they were wielding miniature artillery pieces in their hands!

"Check the perimeter for more of the beasts. And... Jakius, can you stand?"

pre:
ST 14; DX 12; IQ 12; HT 12; Per 12; Will 12
HP 14/14; FP 15/15; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Combat Reflexes, Very Fit

Roman Scutum, Large  Wgt:22 
   Bash Dam:1d cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14 
   Rush Dam:slam+3 cr 
      Reach:1 Parry:No Skill: 14
Shortsword LC:4|4 Wgt:2 
   Swing Dam:2d cut 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14
   Thrust Dam:1d+1 imp 
      Reach:1 Parry:11 ST:8 Skill: 14

Shield: Cover DR 10, DR/HP 4/27 DB: 3
Armor: None! He took it off.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Camp Nowhere

Swampdog strolled back to the camp, deciding to let someone deal with the fleeing dino. Missing an arm, probably gonna die of blood loss anyway. Not worth the ammo. He couldn't help but whistle at Ignatius's handiwork, "Daaaamn, Ignatius. Remind me not to gently caress with you. Least not in arm's reach, anyway." He walked over to where he had stashed his M4 and picked it up, holstering his pistol. He began mentally running through the list of pending issues. Jake looked all sorts of hosed up, but Swampdog was fairly confident Sasha could handle that. There could've been more dinosaurs lurking about, but there was something else...

Oh, right. The deader. Swampdog cleared his throat, "Aight, it's prolly safe to assume we're all on the buddy system now, so I need a buddy." He pointed over to the beach, "While the deader over there ain't movin', there's always the chance it could get back up. So, uh, I dunno how else to say this, but we gotta make a mess of it. And trust me, that's not somethin' we wanna do near here." Swampdog absentmindedly ran a hand over the rough scaly patch on his face, "Oh, Sash. When he's all taken care of, mind takin' a look at this scratch? The dead motherfucker got me and I don't know what poo poo its hands have been in, clavo or otherwise."

Swampdog was thankful that at very least bein' a zombie wasn't contagious. (As far as he knew.)

pre:
ST 12; DX 12; IQ 11; HT 12; Per 12; Will 11
HP 12/13; FP 12/12; BS 6; BM 6; Dodge: 9
Fit, Damage Resistance (1, crushing)

			Damage	Acc	Range   	RoF	Shots	ST	Bulk	Rcl
Glock 22		2d+2pi+	2 	160/1,800	3 	15+1	8	-2	2

DR 3(cut, impale)/1 (Torso, arms, legs); DR 2 (Feet); Swampdog is not currently wearing his concealable vest.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 05:44

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007


Jake Wolff -- The Beach

When the raptor's claws rake across Jake's trunk, he barely feels it. His eyes cross the ravaged flesh of his chest--that will be a gnarly scar, he thinks--then suddenly he is looking at the sky. His body feels warm, warmer than it had just moments ago. He hears loud cracks, though muffled, as if underwater. He sees a man nearby moving--dancing? His mind starts to wander, his eyes flutter in that stage right before sleep.

"...Jakius..."

The voice snaps him out of his reverie, and at that moment the pain rips through his nerves. His eyes focus and go wide, seeing his wound, remembering the dinosaur that did it. "Ahhhh, fu--" The word snaps off as he winces.

"Can you stand?"

The question moves him immediately. "We'll find out. That fuckin motherfucker tore me open like a drat can of clam chowder." He moves to a knee, grimacing as he forces his injured body to respond. The pain, already burning, ripples in waves up and down his torso, but he makes it up. He blinks his eyes a few times, stabilizing himself and managing the pain. "This was NOT how I saw this day going."


Moving to a kneeling position.

Edited since I was mistaken about dino 2.


pre:
ST 12; DX 13; IQ 11; HT 13; PER 11; WILL 12
HP -7/12; FP 11/13; BS 6.5; BM 6;  Dodge 9
Adv: Fit, Flexible, Daredevil
Disad:  Overconfidence

Vz. 61 Skorpion [Guns (SMG) = DX-5 = 9]
		Dmg 2d-1 pi-, Acc2, Weight 3.7/0.9, RoF14, Shots20(3), Bulk -3, ST7, Rcl2, 
		Military Holster, 2 lbs
		2 magazines of APHC, 1.8 lbs 
Ice Axe (pick) [Axe/Mace = DX-5 = 8]
                Swung: dmg 1d+3 imp; Reach 1; Weight 3; Parry 7U

Armor: None (all DR-providing items are with his clothes drying by the fire)
[/quote]

BeefSupreme fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2016 around 17:22

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Doc had me kill the dino on the ground via Coup De Grace since it was immobilized. I stabbed it through the throat.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007


Ah--that makes sense. My bad. Edited the end of my post to reflect that info.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Beach camp

Ignatius stabs the dino and kills it. The scarred dino continues to run into the jungle and shows no interest in coming back to the beach.

Looking around it looks like the coast is clear for now.

Combat is over.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012



Ignatius - Bloody Camp Nowhere

The ex-soldier looks down at Jake in pity for a moment, before returning his gaze to the jungles edge. "You are supposed to stand behind the man with a shield, unless you have a shield of your own. At least you survived... and now we have food for a few days," Ignatius says as he kicks the severed arm that leaks blood on the sand. "But now we need to worry about scavengers being drawn to the scent. Do you think there are wolves here? Or great cats?"

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Beach

As the last remaining attacker flees back into the jungle, the shaking returns to Sasha's hands. Her weapon drops into the sand as she falls to her knees. For a moment the rest of the world is drowned out by the sound of her heart beating.

Swampdog's voice drags her out of it. Right, she still has work to do. As she sees the injured man trying to stand she calls out, "Please, Mr. Jake, don't try to move until I've had a look at you." She dangles her crash kit behind her as she runs back to the campsite and sets to work on the man's wounds.

Failed PCS roll, rolled really well on my fright check.
Medic! 14 + 3 Single Minded, treating Jake's wounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

Hail SS-18 Satan, May His Passing Cleanse The Earth

Vojtech Liska

Vojtech hits the safety on his rifle, before moving to pick up Sasha's dropped gun. A Single Action Army. An original Colt, first generation even. He slings his rifle, walking towards the fire eyeballing the pistol, turning it over in his hands.

An original, 4th Cavalry marked SAA, with OWA stamped under the barrel. Maybe even a presentation model for an officer. Vojtech stops halfway back to the fire, still holding the pistol, jaw slowly falling open. He'd had a contract a few years ago, recovering one of these for a rich American. He thought he was getting overpaid when he got ten grand to retrieve it.

loving American had sold it for a hundred thousand at auction.

"Where... Where did you get this, miss Sasha?"

  • Locked thread
«8 »