Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
  • Locked thread
paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.


Swampdog - Walkin' up the beach

Swampdog involuntarily groaned at Vojtech's joke and followed him up the beach. "Yeah, I'll watch your back. This bad boy shouldn't have any problem splatting any dinos 'cept for maybe T-Rexes and poo poo. Wish I brought slugs or something. Where is this water you were talkin' about anyway?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Walking up the Beach

Vojtech bursts out laughing at Swampdog's groan. Still walking in the sand, feeling it shift differently than it did in the desert, he keeps chuckling for a few seconds.

"It was not so much the fresh water itself we found, so much as something that would quickly lead us to it. A mangrove swamp, about an hour up the beach. Within another hour we could likely track up it to find fresh water. Of course, we did find dino tracks there," he says, looking back for a minute, grinning, "but I figure, they probably taste like lizards or birds. So the next ones we shoot, mean we get to have some roast dino for dinner, yeah? Will be first Czech to eat a dinosaur!"

Keep an eye out in case of predators or hazards on the way to the swamp.

Navigation (land) 10
Perception 13
Danger Sense

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.


Swampdog - Walkin' up the beach

"Oh yeah, you fuckin' bet.", Swampdog smirked, "If they taste anythin' like gator, we'll be eatin' pretty good." Swampdog remained silent as he contemplated this new information. There were a bunch of mangrove swamps down south, especially in the Glades. Maybe his initial assessment that they were in the Keys or the Caribbean wasn't so far off?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Chapter 1
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world


The group makes its way up the shore line with the sun beating down and a hot wind blowing in from the ocean. The walking is slowed due to Jake's injuries. This turns the hike that only takes an hour into one that takes two hours. At the end of the two hours, the group approaches an area full of mangroves. Vojtech points out that the path to fresh water leads inland through a mangrove swamp and further into the island.

To help spur posting, everyone gets 5cp. Also at this point everyone loses 6 fp from hiking along the sand. Due to Jake's injury efforts were slowed down and made the trek more exhausting.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Walking up the Beach

Sucking wind and wiping the sweat from his brow, Vojtech leads the group to the mangrove swamp. Going into the shade of the trees, he sits down. "I don't know about any of you, but this old man needs a breather. Being used to desert and sand doesn't help as much as it once did. Doesn't help with the loving humidity either. Shall we take ten, figure out a bit more of a plan?"

Would Temperature Tolerance and Sure Footed: Sand help lessen that FP hit at all by any chance?

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.


Swampdog - Walkin' up the beach

Swampdog peered into the swamp; Woj didn't say they were going directly through it. "Goddamn it.", he thought, wishing he had brought his waders, "Why did I have to wear my good boots? As if the fuckin' sea water wasn't bad enough!" At least at first glance there weren't any of the usual critters that Swampdog was used to being in swamps. The squad didn't have enough guns to take on a gator and it didn't seem like anyone had a weapon suited for taking on leeches. Though, the raider supposed, there was always the chance of some kinda weird swamp dinosaurs hanging about.

He joined Wojtech under the shade, "I'm alright with a break. Don't know what you're bellyachin' about though. It's pretty nice out.", said the man wearing long pants and a leather coat.

What Mohawk said, only with Temperature Tolerance 2, Hiking 11, and a Wicking Undergarment.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Walking up the beach

Abners walks along with the rest of the group, cursing the heat under his breath. He regards the mangrove swamp with mixed feelings. "We'll be out of the sun under the trees at least, but we should be even more watchful. There may be more of those beasts lurking in the swamp."

7/13 FP, Hiking 13, and Per 14 to prevent any clever girl situations.

Beardless fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2016 around 21:28

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007


Jake Wolff -- The Beach

"Sun's hotter than poo poo today. Not good for my--" Jake pauses and flaps a hand in front of his face, "delicate complexion." Jake joked as usual and did his best not to slow the group down, but his would was draining his energy faster than normal. "I could keep going, but you know, if you guys need a rest, I get it." Jake smirked with obvious false bravado.


I've got hiking 13, but I think that does no good unless we all pass a hiking check, right?

Also, I'm assuming my FP regenerated overnight, since I was at 11/13. If it matters, I have Fit. So:

FP: 7/13
HP: 1/12

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Swamp's Edge

"Rest is fine, but in this heat we'll do better with fresh water, so we shouldn't wait too long."

I also have Fit. And will be keeping my nose peeled for any dinos, giant centipedes, or anything else that might want to eat us.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Swamp Lectures with Swampdog

"I got some extra water with me if ya'll need some.", Swampdog pulled his canteen out of his coat, offering it to anyone who wanted it "Should be clean enough, if yer worried about that."

As he looked over his companions, a thought struck Swampdog. Do these normies even know how to do anything in a swamp? Swampdog could only assume they didn't. He grabbed a fallen branch to use as a depth tester and began to strip the twigs from it as he considered how to best impart his Swamp Knowledge to the normies. He was hardly an expert, but he had to survive in the swamp for a few days (among other things) to join his gang and every once in a while he had to track down some dumb and/or crazy motherfucker who thought it would be a good idea to hide in the marshes.

"Aight, boys and girls, swamps are the goddamn worst. Even after the end of the goddamn world, they're still up there in 'shittiest places to be', so listen up. First off, ya'll should probably do what I'm doin' and get yourself somethin' to test how deep the water is before you go and step in it. Woj, Wound Boy, this goes fuckin' double for you. Especially you, Wound Boy. Last thing you fuckin' need is to take a dip and end up with some kinda gross rear end swamp infection all up in those cuts." He stopped ripping twigs off his branch to stroke his chin, "Second, don't climb on those tree roots. It's a good way to slip and bust your rear end. Uh, let's see, what else? Oh, yeah. There's a particular way you wanna walk. I'll show ya once we get into it. You don't wanna let your feet settle in the muck; it'll suck you in and you'll tire yourself out havin' to pull em' out every time you take a step."

Swampdog figured that would be enough for now. There was also the rule of 'Don't piss off any swamp critters' but they probably already knew that one.

Spending 2 points on Survival(Woodlands) and 2 points on Survival(Swamp). Swampdog's effective swamp survival skill is 12!

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Swamp's Edge

"Swamp is not really my thing. Desert I am used to, but swamp is your domain. I was going to suggest we skirt around the edge. May add to how long it takes us to get there, but, on other hand, we don't need to walk though the loving swamp full of terrifying creatures that should not be," Vojtech says, grinning, "like our mutated friend here. Your knowledge is worthwhile though Swampdog. While we're near the mangroves, it might be smarter for you to lead us."

Very Fit here if it matters, but who even knows. Also, did anyone take the Skorpion? Figure I should pull it outta my inventory if someone did.
9/15 FP

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Edge of the Swamp

Swampdog inhaled sharply at Vojtech's 'should not exist' comment. "Hey, Woj, I like you but you need to watch your mouth. I know a lotta folk who'd fight you over that. You're, uh, not entirely wrong though." He took a swig from his canteen, "You're probably right about goin' around. Much safer too. Less chance of gettin' bit by snakes and poo poo." Swampdog took a moment to do the mental math of which option would be faster, but wasn't able to come up with a definite answer.

"Hmm, as for speed, it's hard to say. If you could swim and Wound Boy weren't all messed up, goin' directly through might be faster, but as is, not only do we gotta find a path around or through any of the tree roots but we gotta also gotta stick to water that's at most waist deep. What do ya'll think?"

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


I'm currently in the process of moving, will get a post up ASAP, though it may be a few days.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Swamp's Edge

Vojtech loses his grin for a moment, sobering. "I meant no offense my friend. Sometimes jokes don't go well between Czech in head and English. My vote is to skirt the edge of the swamp. We will be better off in case of an encounter with more critters." His grin returns, and he laughs a little. "At least they are only dinosaurs, and not werewolves or vampires or something of the sort, yeah?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Edge of the swamp

The group takes a break while they discuss the merits of which way to go. As the decision is made, the group manages to rest and recover from the hike so far. With some of the group used to high temperatures, not everyone was affected the same. A cursory glance at the group also shows that even though the walk on the beach proved tiring, they were up for a walk inland.

A trek through the swamp would be shorter and have less chance of getting loss, there were several problems with going that route. Going through the swamp would pose problems and dangers. Jake could pick up an infection or something lurking in the swamp could attack. The walk through the jungle would be a struggle, but at least it would be on dry land. Going through the jungle would require a path be cut and the lines of sight would be short. With Vojtech's navigation and people ready to cut a path, they could make their way.

The group moves towards the jungle and looks around for a good spot to start. Swampdog then spots an opening in the jungle. It looks like another game trail that appears to be mirroring the direction of the swamp. With a path to follow, the group begins to head out.

Previous FP loss needs to be recalculated. However for the rest the group takes, everyone gets 2fp back (or 4fp back if anyone has Very Fit).

Hiking doesn't help, unless everyone in the group has hiking.

Previous FP losses by characters:
Vojtech: 4fp loss (no loss from Temp, sure footed doesn't help)
Swampdog: 4fp loss (no loss from temp)
Sasha: 6fp
Jake: 6fp (he did recover lost fp during the night)
Abner: 6fp

chin up everything sucks/Firesight is dropping with the possibility of coming back with another character. His character will be NPCed for now.

With the group starting to hike the trail, I need one character to take the lead to hack through any plants that are in the way. This effort costs 1 fp for every hour in addition to the fp loss from traveling.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Swamp Adjacent

The heat was awful, and the path barely qualified as one, but Sasha knew better than to complain. She soldiers on, they'd find water soon and then they could figure out the rest.

Dibs on 2nd in line, sniffing out danger before it sees us.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Blazin' a Trail

Swampdog decided to take the lead and cut through the jungle brush. He was the one with a machete, after all. He whistled a jaunty tune as he sliced through the vegetation. This beat doing this at home any day; the plants fell easily to his machete and none of them did anything crazy, like bleed or try to strangle someone.

As he walked along, he kept an eye out for any vines that contained water. They wouldn't be as good as finding an actual fresh water source, but they could help tide the group over until they found it.

Takin' first, since I have a good brush clearing tool. Also since I read about water vines today, I want to see if I come across any. Swampdog has Survival(Woodlands) 13 and Survival (Swamp) 12. Survival(Jungle) defaults to 10.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Into the Jungle

Swampdog takes point. He hacks away at some of the pesky vines and branches that reach across the animal trail. The group moves slowly. Jake's injuries keep the group from moving as fast as they could. The effort from hiking through the heat of the day takes its toll as well. After two hours the group reaches a clearing. Approaching it, they take care not to set foot into an ambush. Several of the group scout the clearing from the tree line and find no signs of an ambush. What they do spot is that a short distance from the clearing there is a lake.

The group moves into the clearing to reorient themselves and to rest. As the group takes a break Swampdog is able to find some vines that happen to have moisture. There's not a lot of moisture in them, but it does help provide some water for the group.

Sasha picks up a scent. Its some kind of an animal. Definitely not a human nor is it a dinosaur. Having smelled the dinosaurs from the previous night, she knows this scent isn't that of a dinosaur. Nor is the scent of a mammal or bird. She looks around to see if she can spot the source of the smell, she doesn't see where the smell is coming from. She could track the scent to the origin if she wanted. At the moment, she knows it too far away to post a threat.

As Sasha sniffs the air, the others happen to spot a trail of smoke to the south west. Its a small column of smoke probably from a campfire.

Everyone gets 1 fp back from the water and the break (in this case Very fit doesn't double it). Resting for ten minutes will restore another 1 fp (2 if you have very fit.)


Vojtech and Swampdog: 4fp loss
Sasha, Jake, Abner: 6fp loss

When people post, I'd like to see how much fp they have.

Sasha picks up on an unknown scent. She can track it if she wants to find out what it is. Right now its far enough away not to pose a threat.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Clearing

After the difficult trek, Abner is eager to get to the lake. However, his attention is drawn by a thin curl of smoke. "Look! it seems like we are not the only men on this island. I wonder if they are natives of this land, or a group of Robinson Crusoes, the same as us." He stares at the smoke for another second, and then his thirst gets the better of him. He begins to walk cautiosly across the clearing, his rifle ready and his eyes moving constantly.


3/13fp, if my math is right. Also Per 14

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Jungle Clearing
FP 1/12

Sasha plops down in the dirt, catching her breath after the long hike. "Whatever is out there, please believe me when I say it isn't human."

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Jungle Clearing
11/15 FP

Vojtech takes up the tail end of the colum, keeping eyes peeled for hazards. The water from the vines was needed, and finding the clearing was a welcome event. Then he spots the smoke, and Abner starts to enter the clearing as Sasha says something important.

"Abner, hold! Miss Sasha, what do you mean, 'not human'? Did you spot something?" He shoulders his rifle, looking through the scope, scanning across the meadow and towards the smoke.

Per 13, scope has 4x magnification if applicable

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Jungle Clearing

"Not exactly spotted, no, but something's been through here, it isn't human, it isn't one of those -erm, dinosaurs was it?- that attacked us last night. I don't know what it is, but, well, I... I can smell it."

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Jungle Clearing
11/15 FP

Smelled? She smelled something, likely well over a hundred meters away and could tell it wasn't human? Vojtech gives Sasha an odd look.

"If it would not be rude, may I ask what do you mean you can smell it? I may be an old smoker, but being able to tell something isn't human, by smell, from over a hundred meter is something I thought was reserved for animals, though," he shrugs, grinning again, "for all I know, on your world people were descended from wolves, rather than apes."

to be clear, that's supposed to be a dumb joke at the end. Bad jokes don't translate well without tone of voice to convey them

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Jungle Clearing
6/12 FP

Swampdog wiped the sweat from his brow and was just about to refill his canteen from the lake when something Sasha said caught his attention. Strange, she didn't look like a mutie. "That's some nose you got there, Sash.", he said as his face contorted into something approximating a grin, "You sure you ain't a freak like me? As for the whole 'Not Human' thing, just because it ain't human doesn't mean it's out to get ya."

"But, uh, most of the time it is, in my experience. We might wanna find it before it finds us, ya dig? If you can smell it, it could be smellin' us for all we know."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Jungle Clearing

Vojtech aims his scope at the smoke column. He follows it down, but can't see the ground where the smoke originates. Besides trees blocking the view, there is a hill in the way too. Although he can't see the exact source, he does have a good idea of the direction of the smoke and would be able to guide the group in the direction of the smoke. He estimates the smoke is at least three miles away across the island to the south west side.

Abner looks around, but doesn't see anything in the surrounding jungle.

Everyone gets 1 fp back.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Jungle Clearing

Abner pauses at Sasha's strange warning, but doesn't stop to wonder how she might have smelled out whatever it was. There were more practical matters at hand. "Miss Sasha, can you tell how far away this thing you've detected is, and in what direction? Is it near the lake?" His thirst overriding his caution, he begins to move towards the lake again, but slowly and warily. "And you, Vojtech, might be surprised how much a good tracker can rely on scent."

4/13 fp

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha - Jungles Clearing
2/12 FP

Sasha shrinks back at Vojtech's remark. "I'm just trying to be helpful. You don't have to..." her voice trails off into unintelligible mumbling.

"I could find it," she adds, her eyes focused intently on her feet, "but it's too far away to be a threat right now, and it isn't coming from the direction of the smoke."

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Jungle Clearing
6/12 FP

Seems like something Vojtech said hit a nerve. Swampdog supposed Sasha must be some kinda self-hating freak. Ugh. "Aight, tell us if it gets any closer. What do you guys think of checkin' out the smoke? We might find some other people or maybe some stuff to salvage."

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska- Jungle Clearing

Vojtech flinches. Two jokes hitting the nerves of comrades in one day. It was not good. Tonight, if the rest of the day went well, he'd have to sit down and get everyone to have a talk. Secrets could kill when you were trying to survive.

"My apologies Miss Sasha. I did not know that could cause offence. It is not a good day for bad jokes." He shrugs. "By my guess, the smoke is three miles southwest of us. Three miles of jungle is not a short trip. We may want to stop by the lake, get some fresh water, and get a good breather. Then a few of us should head off and scout, while the rest setup a camp by the lake. Does this sound good to everyone?"

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Jungle Clearing
6/12 FP

Swampdog took a swig from the lake and refilled his canteen before lighting up another smoke. "Sounds good, Woj. I'm down with scoutin' it out. Uh, someone prettier than me might wanna come along though. If it's other people, this...", he waved his hand over his malformed face, "ain't gonna give off good vibes. 'Specially if they're, like, dumb cavemen types or somethin'."

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2016 around 18:19

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Jungle Clearing
12/15 FP

Vojtech chuckles at Swampdog's 'more pretty' remark, as he eyeballs the smoke. "Kamarad, as much as your pretty face might make scare the locals, I think my suppressor and PSO-1 are better suited to scouting than your shotgun. And one of us should stay behind to protect those less well armed, yes? Plus, my Vzor may be somewhat better off if it ends up being, as you would say, some clavo poo poo, yeah?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Jungle clearing

"Not a threat?" asks Ignatius. "We do not know what this thing is and as long as we don't know what it is, then it shall hang over us like a gladius. If no one else is interested in dealing with this thing Sasha has found, then I shall take up the challenge."

Ignatius leaves his gear, but brings up his shield and spear. Prepared for battle, he begins to walk north out of the camp and back into the jungle.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Jungle Clearing
6/12 FP

"Well poo poo, if you're plannin' on doin' some downright sneaky poo poo, I could handle it but I left all my stealth gear at home. I'll stay here, I guess.", Swampdog grumbled. Watch duty, what a bummer. "Oh yeah, if it turns out to be something that needs salvaging, lemme know. I used to scav for a living, so I know what's good to pull and what's good to leave."

As Ignatius went to leave, Swampdog called out to him, "Woah, woah, woah! What the gently caress do you think you're doin', man? We don't know poo poo about it! You can't go off alone!" He didn't follow him, for now. He turned towards everyone else, "poo poo. Do we follow him? I mean he can take care of himself, but I guaran-fuckin'-tee you he's hosed if it's clavo poo poo."

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Jungle Clearing
12/15 FP

Vojtech is taken aback by the Roman's actions. Running off by yourself, when it had already been seen that there were serious threats around? That was a death wish, balls of steel, or just plain stupidity. Or all three.

"drat it. Roman, hold up. Kamarad, don't rush off alone like a fool. We see if there are friends near, and then we deal with threats. Rather than running off into danger pointlessly. For all we know, what you might be running at with that spear is something alot more dangerous than we can handle. What is your plan then?"

gently caress jobhunting on an island full of hippies, with literally 0 industry of any sort

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Jungle

Ignatius ignores the pleas to come back to camp and continues to move into the jungle.

"I am not going to wait to be attacked. This time I will be the one attacking."

Those in the camp lose sight of him amidst the greenery. Seconds later there's a scream.

"Ahhh!"

OK, lets see if we can get this game back on track again and for that I need posts.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at Nov 22, 2016 around 21:25

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Jungle Clearing

Swampdog almost involuntarily clenched his fists inhaled sharply. Oh god drat it. Nothing pissed him off like people who Just Don't Listen. Swamp, quickly unholstered his shotgun and angrily hissed in Sasha's general direction "What the gently caress, Sash! I thought you said it was far away!" He took a couple of slow, deep breaths to calm down. In Swamp's experience, there were fights you wanted to go into pissed and fights you didn't. This was most likely the latter.

He motioned to the group to come closer and he quietly whispered, "Aight, assumin' you ain't fulla poo poo, whatever it is either real goddamn fast or has some way of throwin' off its scent. Fight or run, whatever we do, we're gonna have to do it together or get picked off. If things get hairy, I got a couple of tricks up my sleeves." He closed his eyes and exhaled as a demonstration, sending wisps of oily black smoke curling out of his nose. He decided to give the group some extra details; back home there were certain...misconceptions amongst people who only knew him by reputation.

"And before you ask, no, I do not breathe fire. It's more for, uh, getaways. Just try not to breathe it in." If a getaway was needed, hopefully the rule of 'be faster than the slowest person' still stood with this critter.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at Nov 22, 2016 around 22:51

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!


Vojtech Liska - Jungle Clearing
12/15 FP

The Roman stomps off, and start screaming. Probably being eaten by something. Which means something got real close, real fast. Fast enough that Sasha's super sniffer never detected it. And then Swampdog blew smoke out of his nose.

Vojtech loses his grin entirely. These people needed to do some serious loving talking. There were matters to attend to in the meantime though. He nods at Swampdog. "Cover the front. Go towards the smoke, let's hope they are friendly. I'll cover the back. We keep moving, no stopping. When we are safe, everyone comes clean about everything. Secrets will get us killed."

Assuming danger sense is pinging like crazy. Also, given Doc's fine with it, gonna throw 2 points into Leadership.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!


Sasha Ayze - Jungle Clearing
2/12 FP

Sasha is trembling when she hears the scream. Something dangerous is coming their way, but that is not what she's afraid of. More than how the others will do if they learned the truth about her, she fears what she will do if she loses herself. But how can she live with herself if someone gets hurt, if someone dies, and she didn't do everything she could to prevent it. "We need to help him."

"I need everyone to remember not to light any tobacco," she says, pulling off her boots and standing. "Do not direct any threatening words or gestures at me," she continues, removing her jacket and loosening her belt. "Especially," she adds, unbuttoning her poo poo, "do not point any weapons at me, for my sake as much as yours."

Any questions are interrupted by the sound of cracking bones as her whole body grows upwards. The muscles in her upper body bulges and expand, her faces pulls forward into a snout, and thick fur erupts from every part of her body. When the changes stop she looks like something two parts wolf, one part grizzly bear, one part silver-back gorilla, with long fangs and hands like baseball mitts topped with knives. Hunched forward and resting on her hands, she still stands over nine feet tall.

She looks over the others and blinks once.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007
Fighting poverty...one bum at a time.

Swampdog - Jungle Clearing

"I dunno what you're talkin' about secrets Woj, I told ya I was a mut-", Swampdog was cut short by Sasha's rules. And then she began to strip. Confusion quickly turned to terror as she began to transform. Only one word could come to Swampdog's mind.

"Abom."

It didn't matter how badass you were, how muted up you were, or how many guns you had; if you had any sense at all, you feared Abominations more than anything else. More than Arco patrols, more than gators, more than the creatures that lurked in the glowing seas. They were human once, but through carelessness, stupidity, or just plain bad luck they had become twisted in mind and body. No longer human, even by the the post apocalypse's lax standards of humanity.

The threat of Abomhood was the reason utmost caution had to be taken in places like O-Town, why expensive (and preferably reinforced) radsuits had to be bought and skilled guides had to be hired. Too much exposure to O-Town's radiated atmosphere or (god forbid) even the slightest dip into The Damned City's many toxic lakes would warp someone completely recognition. Every abom was different, both mind and body, only sharing an insatiable hunger for flesh and adaptation to radiation to the point of actually emitting it. Sure, if one was able to keep one well fed, they were People, same as anyone else. Strange, inhuman radioactive People, but people none the less.

But it was not always wise to do such a thing; they were far more predictable when they were hungry.

Swampdog took a step away from Sasha, being careful not to break eye contact and resisting the urge to start firing indiscriminately. Swampdog had never heard of an Abom that could change shape, look like normal person. And she/it looked far more "natural" than than any of the few Aboms he had seen before. Swampdog was the first to break the silence, "Sasha, that you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Abner - Jungle clearing

Abner started to move towards the trees at the sound of the scream, but stopped short as the others began to speak. And then Sasha... changed. Standing rigid, with his rifle held loose in one hand, his mind buzzes with half-remembered stories. He had heard legends of men who turned into monsters after eating human flesh, but the legends of the wendigo all agreed that they had a foul, emaciated appearance. The creature that Sasha had transformed into was monstrous-looking, but not evil. And then he remembered stories he had heard from a Quebecois man, about people who turned into wolves. Abner drew a deep breath, and stepped forward, his hand out in a friendly gesture. "Are you a rougarou then? A skin changer?"

  • Locked thread
«8 »