Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

one punch man
mob psycho 100
gurren lagann
erased
monster
satoshi kon movies

these are good animes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the natural development of the GBS anime thread, the listing of animes

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Fonzarelli posted:

one punch man
mob psycho 100
gurren lagann
erased
monster
satoshi kon movies

these are good animes

You forgot Porco Rosso.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

that includes the people who constantly talk about how bad it is and poo poo up threads with apoplexy anytime a cartoon image is shown

b-but how else do I gain approval from my goon peers unless I tediously shout into an echo chamber about how much I hate the furries and da animes?

'cartoons are for children' is TOP TIER comedy masterminding, ohhh boy just imagine how mad that post will make a goon lmbo!!!

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I once delivered a pizza to a guy who seemed cool, even attractive and fit, but than I looked past him and I saw that his apartment was completely full of scantily clad anime girl merchandise. He noticed something in my expression and I recognised momentary shame register on his face. He was actually mistaken though in that I wasn't judging him for being weird but was actually considering the practicality of coming back later and robbing him, because my own pizza delivery boy status of poverty and that of the neighbourhood we were in meant that I had never seen such a conspicuous display of wealth that was also small enough to be quickly bagged.

planetes is really good, i'd go so far as to say that it shouldn't even be considered anime, by virtue of its quality and also its depiction of adults in a working environment.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Monomythian posted:

b-but how else do I gain approval from my goon peers unless I tediously shout into an echo chamber about how much I hate the furries and da animes?

'cartoons are for children' is TOP TIER comedy masterminding, ohhh boy just imagine how mad that post will make a goon lmbo!!!
Have u considered that anime is a cartoon yet targetted at adults with stunted development which is why it appeals to so many autists? and why said autists like to talk about it to anyone who will listen and posts thread about how some anime is bad but have u tried Pocu No Harambe my nigga?

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Moon Atari posted:

I once delivered a pizza to a guy who seemed cool, even attractive and fit, but than I looked past him and I saw that his apartment was completely full of scantily clad anime girl merchandise. He noticed something in my expression and I recognised momentary shame register on his face. He was actually mistaken though in that I wasn't judging him for being weird but was actually considering the practicality of coming back later and robbing him, because my own pizza delivery boy status of poverty and that of the neighbourhood we were in meant that I had never seen such a conspicuous display of wealth that was also small enough to be quickly bagged.

anime figs have low resale value because they have been 'tainted'

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Can we talk about how good Porco Rosso is?

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Anime is like religion, I don't have an issue with anime itself but those who choose to follow it is what I don't like.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Germstore posted:

She used to be pretty hot but the plastic surgery on her face really hosed it up in a weird way

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Germstore posted:

Miyazaki hated it

he's an eccentric man anyways~

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

Miyazaki hated it

he's an eccentric man anyways~

Really?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yea he trashed it in his documentary about The Wind Rises

says the planes weren't realistic enough

but the guy makes you redraw poo poo in his studio as if you can read his mind about how he wants the plane to glide smoothly through some billowy clouds and some poo poo

and then spent like half the hour being anti-technology

it was cool :3:

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
anime owns i could watch animes all day

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
My personal hot take is that anime is a medium, not a genre, but a lot of people treat it like a genre.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

smug n stuff posted:

My personal hot take is that anime is a medium, not a genre, but a lot of people treat it like a genre.

not all anime is medium a lot of it is really good

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I feel a loss that Satoshi Kon didn't have a longer run and will miss Miyazaki but Mamoru Hosoda seems to be picking up the slack

I say as the man in white closes the door on my padded cell with a sad shake of the head

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Watching anime is a fun thing to do with your pals but most are too dumb to watch by myself. Like Fist of the North Star is great when you're with other people and you can laugh at Ken crashing a railway gun into a battleship but if I was by myself that would just be too dumb to handle alone.

That's not to say that there aren't any Chinese Cartoons good enough to watch without other people.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
oh wait i thought you meant something else i actually hate anime

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
My nigga totoro

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My nigga totoro

Present?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sup

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!
Your drill is the drill that will pierce the Heavens!
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!
A real man never dies, even when he's killed!
The dreams of those who've fallen! The hopes of those who'll follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix! Drilling a path towards tomorrow! And that's Tengen Toppa! That's Gurren Lagann!
If there's a wall in our way, then we smash it down! If there isn't a path then we carve one ourselves! The magma of our souls burns with a mighty flame! Gurren Lagann!
JUST WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?
We're gonna show you... the power of the human race!
We evolve, beyond the person that we were a minute before. Little by little, we advance with each turn. That's how a drill works!
I will believe! I will believe in the me that believes in us, humans and the future! This drill is... my soul!
The Human spirit is infinite!
:kamina:

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 23, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
see why people hate anime

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Knight posted:

I feel a loss that Satoshi Kon didn't have a longer run and will miss Miyazaki but Mamoru Hosoda seems to be picking up the slack

I say as the man in white closes the door on my padded cell with a sad shake of the head

Yea, Bakemono no Ko was an awesome movie :kimchi:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

reallivedinosaur posted:

see why people hate anime

Not really no

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RA5c7YTMGs

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Knight posted:

Decades later and new generations still getting hooked on DBZ, Evangelion, Berserk, and Ippo

i never got evangelion it doesn't have any consistency or internal logic. it sucks.

which should be good in a cartoon about giant robots but it expects the viewer to take it much more seriously than it itself bothers explaining and thats the mark of something objectively bad imo

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Evangelion is good if you're watching it with your pals and making fun of Shinji for being a pussy-rear end bitch.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

nigga crab pollock posted:

i never got evangelion it doesn't have any consistency or internal logic. it sucks.

which should be good in a cartoon about giant robots but it expects the viewer to take it much more seriously than it itself bothers explaining and thats the mark of something objectively bad imo

I always hear about it, and only saw one episode that involved the twink male love interest seeing the sassy girl shotgunning a beer then flirting with him. Then something about giant aliens and robot suits somewhere.

When I tried learning more I found out about all these different movies and series and I'm like, "gently caress that."

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Has anyone posted that cartoons are for children yet?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Did he forget to put spray tan on his stomach? Or was he sliding around on his belly like a tortoise.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Where is the comically oversized circus tits?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Where is the comically oversized circus tits?

I repeatedly and frantically ask that question of everyone I interact with, like I'm nic cage asking about the burns in that one movie. Sometimes I can be heard shouting it into the sky, as if beseeching it of God or the universe.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:chloe:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Germstore posted:

No one knows what that is.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
all anime is bad you idiot weaboo gently caress

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

all anime is bad you idiot weaboo gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

smug n stuff posted:

that's just it. Anime actually is a genre. All the tropes, angsty 16-year-old ninja masters and poo poo, those make it a genre.

• Locked thread