Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Like they just done a line of speed and they're gonna walk really fast. Like they're in the blocks so loving ready to walk fast their first step sends their right leg soaring off their pelvis into the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
This concept made me laugh really hard but now the cold hard reality of a thread about it makes me want to preemptively appologise if you clicked here

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Tragedy strikes the American Walking team

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
id like to see a paralypic athlete compete in the real olypics with some kind of mechanical little legs that are disproportionately fast for how tiny they are

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013
They'd be fucken high ,op

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kind of you imagine the legs being so small the walking sounds is like "widdle widdle widdle widdle"

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

idiotbitch posted:

They'd be fucken high ,op
:megadeth:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
A girl in my school was a champion walker and she did a presentation about walking it was powerpoint like

"Why do walkers twist their hips so far?"

- This allows you to take longer steps

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
they'd probably be disqualified because there are specific rules on how you're allowed to walk, gotta have one foot on the ground at all time or some poo poo

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

John "The Missouri Methhead" Simmons jumps out to an early lead

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ahundredbux posted:

they'd probably be disqualified because there are specific rules on how you're allowed to walk, gotta have one foot on the ground at all time or some poo poo

Speed gives you incredible concentration

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
a bloke just called "Smasho" chainsmoking past the drink station, hes thirsty to win

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Lots of competitors still holding on to their shopping carts with copper hot water systems inside, you know, that kind that you find in the rooves of old houses, yeah those ones.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Now this is what im talkin' bout

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
somone should slime up their legs so even if their running somhow they are in one ever expanding blob that is always touching the ground

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you see someone walking faster than you dont sweat it, later down the track you'll see them snoozing under an oak tree while you take the lead

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

they should have other forms of human movement in race form (skipping, galloping, walking on ur hands, etc.)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Did you ever play spider soccer where you're like front side up crawling on the ground

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
if i tried to do that now it'd really loving hurt my wrists i think

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

oh frig that. that would take some serious uppers to be able to do that for more than 1 minute

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

suck my dick you fuckman

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

misread op as Olympic wanker, thought my chance at fame had finally come (pun not intended)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ratjaculation posted:

misread op as Olympic wanker, thought my chance at fame had finally come (pun not intended)

We, the viewers. We are the Olympic wankers.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

heh heh heh heh heh

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

this guy gets it

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you take your eye away from the sportsmanship lots of these people have very fit bodies through rigourous training and excersise

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

come

lmao

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
olympic pissing

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Would Olympic wanking be based on how fast you can ejaculate or how long you can edge? Would they be separate categories? Would the event take place in a sealed featureless room or out in a public thoroughfare?

I plan to start training immediately as soon as I know all the rules.

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude

Isaac posted:

Did you ever play spider soccer where you're like front side up crawling on the ground

This is crab soccer, dunno what kind of hosed up spiders you got

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdXD2Fe6Hx4

I guess I knew this was a sport but forgot about it. This is hilarious.

They all look like they have to take a poo poo.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

As payment for me reading this thread I demand that you mail me a joey.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Will PEDs allow race-walkers to shatter the once unthinkable 7-minute-mile? The race-walking world would be turned upside down.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
the term 'race-walkers' makes it sound they're a group of traveling bigots

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I saw this dumb poo poo earlier today and was reminded that olympic walking was a thing, now you've done it to me again op you poo poo.

Also, mens 400m walking hurdles or steeplechase walking

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

revmoo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdXD2Fe6Hx4

I guess I knew this was a sport but forgot about it. This is hilarious.

They all look like they have to take a poo poo.

So much intensity! GONNA GET MY FUGGIN' WALK ON!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don't think 16 days would be enough time for the Olympic wanking events if all of the athletes were on amphetamines.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Replace the 50k race-walk with the 500k death march

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

• Locked thread