Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I stand by everything is say to the thwomp. Honestly, some of these missions are kind of strange. I love the idea that this is a giant city and there's landmarks and stuff, but some of the things these characters do is just strange. And there are no repercussions to anything they do. I.E. Blooper pulling people into oceans.

Episode 12 - Mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Well that was a love-filled episode.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
You guys do know there's a path in the water during "Monkey, See!", right? You just follow that and you'll encounter all of the monkeys.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

So. I noticed the path right away. I thought Calli did. When Calli didn't follow the path, I thought maybe there was a short cut she knew and that when she failed it was just from having trouble with the water controls. So I didn't call her out. Having her read this comment and rewatching the video, she just now can see the path. She says she couldn't see it on the dimmed screen of the gamepad. So she learned something new tonight! We play the game later and I try my hand at it and do follow the path.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Well that was a love-filled episode.

It really was. Love! Love for everyone!

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Here we see exactly why no one does anything when Bowser runs rampant. It turns out, there is zero consequence to any action. I suppose aside from a 25 year old Italian plumber jumping on your head.

Episode 13 - Mario

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

*I thought Rochambeau was a game where two men kick each other in the balls as hard as they can and the loser is the one who keels over. Way to keep it G-rated, Nintendo.
*I can't help but read the Bowser and Koopa Kid dialog in the Mooninite voices.
*Don't play the entire Mario Party series together. Divorce will happen around MP5.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Rochambeau is generally considered as you described it. However, it is also another name for rock-paper-scissors. It's mostly used in other cultures aside from North America, and I believe specifically it's what Japan calls it, but they usually add in the 'don't look where the winner points' at the end.
I don't know what Mooninite is.
If divorce happens, it would most likely happen at MP4. As that is Calli's favourite, and if I win most of the games there I'm sure it won't go well. Same can be said though if she wins a lot of MP and MP2.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Mooninites are the annoying triangle creatures from Aqua Teen Hunger Force

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Just imagine Bowser's voice as the big one and Koopa Kid's as the small one and it will all make sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHc1OQXuquI

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Sorry for the delay in this. Life happened really hard for a while there. Thankfully, we're back on track with this game, and we're starting the countdown to the final video!

Episode 14 - Mario

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

And here we have the moment that could be called one of the funniest, and biggest dick moves in the game. To this day, it still hurts my soul. You'll know it when it happens.

Episode 15 - Mario

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's "No TV and No Beer Makes Homer Something Something," come on man.

That was a dick move, but a hilarious dick move.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You didn't accidentally load state did you? I don't think my heart could take that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

It's "No TV and No Beer Makes Homer Something Something," come on man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLdg0BGGQ0

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

That may very well still be my favourite Simpsons scene. Though, they do have many.

Bruceski posted:

You didn't accidentally load state did you? I don't think my heart could take that.

If you're referring to loading state in an emulator, we can't. It's on the Wii u's virtual console. We did actually buy another copy of this to LP. If it's about something we said in one of the videos then I'm sorry, I don't know what it is. These next few videos have been Queue'd for quite a while actually.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Warmal posted:

If you're referring to loading state in an emulator, we can't. It's on the Wii u's virtual console. We did actually buy another copy of this to LP. If it's about something we said in one of the videos then I'm sorry, I don't know what it is. These next few videos have been Queue'd for quite a while actually.

The WiiU emulator can save/load state in the pause menu. As someone who's hit that button by mistake, I was afraid that was the dick move you were referring to.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Oh no. We have only brought up the Wii U menu by accident a few times. As I don't think we've saved a state, I don't know what would happen if we hit to load it. The dick move I refer to is where we get to pick between 2 monsters. And the obvious choice could end a run for you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, I made the comment before watching the video.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It was a good guess though. Because I know it would fall on me to load a state after making a ton of progress and losing absolutely everything. Which is why I make a point to not save states when emulating games. We'll see how long that lasts during my future endeavors. We're both just super stoked that people are watching this.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kudos to Mario Party Advance for including lesser-known characters from Yoshi's Island, like Huffin Puffin and Lantern Ghost. Navel Piranha is also originally from that game. Now if they could bring back Poochy, then we'd be in business.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I'll vote for Poochy as best Mario character. And the game is almost done, but they do have a chance to bring him in.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

As we nearly complete our Quests, we get thrown and even BIGGER DICK MOVE. I'm starting to think this game doesn't want us to finish it. That said. We have no finished recording the game. So we'll have a straight shot through to the end.

Episode 16 - Mario

Warmal fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 7, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:stare: How did anyone think that was a good design decision?

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I would imagine it not being so bad if you still have quests all over the board. It really kicked us though since we only had the one area. If we needed to go to the green part of the board it wouldn't have been as big of a dick move as it was.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hey, you managed to get to the Mushroom Condo with minimal turns taken and a net gain in mushrooms. This is nothing you can't handle.

Also please post a pic of Teddy.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We'll see if we can handle it in the last little bit here.

As for our Teddy. Here is his picture from Halloween 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

oldskool posted:

:stare: How did anyone think that was a good design decision?

The worst part? The frequency of Koopa Kid popping up heavily increases as you start getting more Gaddgets. Shroom City is practically unreplayable if you feel like going through that again after unlocking everything.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

good dog

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

The worst part? The frequency of Koopa Kid popping up heavily increases as you start getting more Gaddgets. Shroom City is practically unreplayable if you feel like going through that again after unlocking everything.

It could also be complete coincidence. But it seems like Koopa Kid pops up just when you get where you're needing to go. But we'll get to that in tomorrows update.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Speaking of tomorrow. It is now that day. Surely we are on a roll that will in no way be stopped by a sport of some sort. Or an explosion or 10.

Episode 17 - Mario

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Joke is that customer takes portable phone outside, and is blamed for it breaking. Is not very good joke.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Well... that last minigame was complete bullshit.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No, it's not you. From the looks of things, Volleybomb really looks that bad. You spend all your time running to the Bob-Omb so the only shots you can make are cupcakes that the computer can easily lob back.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I actually don't remember that mini game being that hard to beat the AI at. Switching between lobbing and spiking was usually enough to mess them up. Now against actual people, that mini game is pretty much a crapshoot on who wins since countering is fairly easy.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Joke is that customer takes portable phone outside, and is blamed for it breaking. Is not very good joke.

I think the main problem is even with the explanation. I don't see it as a joke. It's not even a non joke. Which I guess is why it's a part of the game. It's there to trip you up so you don't know when to laugh at the right time. But I'm not sure if that's actually a fair mechanic.

And Volleybomb seems to be completely random. Sometimes Usually it's impossible, but other times it's completely easy. I wish we had actually come and done this one sooner so it didn't feel like we got booted out right at the end.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

You ready to kick that minigames butt? Because we sure were. And this truly marks the last recording session.

Episode 18 - Luigi

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

My final conclusion to Volleybomb is that it's completely random. It doesn't seem to be based on time, nor on the number of hits. Unless a smash counts as two and lobs count as one. But if that's the case it would take some extensive research to really figure out the mechanics. What it really boiled down to was the computer AI changing once it was no longer Peach. Perhaps each character has a different difficulty, and the fact that Peach was the only one we got in the previous recording session was just bad luck on our part.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bruceski posted:

I thought the joke was that the phone went outside & Dolphin got blamed for the somehow self-aware phone's traveling exploits. :iiam:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Warmal posted:

My final conclusion to Volleybomb is that it's completely random. It doesn't seem to be based on time, nor on the number of hits. Unless a smash counts as two and lobs count as one. But if that's the case it would take some extensive research to really figure out the mechanics. What it really boiled down to was the computer AI changing once it was no longer Peach. Perhaps each character has a different difficulty, and the fact that Peach was the only one we got in the previous recording session was just bad luck on our part.

Yeah, the AI is actually dependent on the character you face. Peach's behavior is calm until she gets down to 1 life, at which point she gets a lot more frantic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It's nice that each character has a different program to them. That way the experience won't be the exact same. But at the same time holy cow did we start losing hope over it.

On a side note. Who's ready to finish this up? Only 2 updates left and they'll both be coming this upcoming week.

• Locked thread