Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, I don't think the later Mario Party games do this, but the N64 games differentiated each character's AI and gave them different tendencies, such as which items they liked to go for. So there was a precedence for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I can't remember if Mario Party 1 did. I know for sure that Mario Party 2 did that. IT's a really nice touch that was completely unnecessary. But really. The original Mario Party games had a lot of pride in the details. Which I'll be bringing up in the All Mario Party thread since I don't think I touched upon it enough in the recordings so far.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

And so. After many hours, many failures, but an overall helpful adventure, we have reached the climax. We take on Bowser in his final fight against us for his last gadget. And oh. What a fight it is.

Episode 19 - Peach

So, that leaves us at the end of Shroom City. However, this isn't done quite yet. We do have one more bonus video which will be up on Friday. I will now thank you all for joining us on this adventure. It was truly amazing, and it's kind of sad to mark the end to our first LP on here. I will again thank everyone who participated in the thread.

Also. Did anyone think we were a little too happy during this for a Mario Party? I mean. That's just not what Mario Party is about. As I mentioned a few times, we are going to LP ALL THE MARIO PARTIES. At least 1-10. Unless the DS and 3DS games go onto the virtual Console as well. I'll be leaving this thread open for a week from Friday so everyone can get their final thoughts in. And after that the Mario Party Thread will be open.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
All of these videos are super cute and I really dig y'alls LP dynamic

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you so much! Though. This isn't really an LP dynamic. This is literally just us. Everything you hear is 100% genuine. From every "gently caress you" to "love you."

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Warmal posted:

Also. Did anyone think we were a little too happy during this for a Mario Party? I mean. That's just not what Mario Party is about. As I mentioned a few times, we are going to LP ALL THE MARIO PARTIES. At least 1-10. Unless the DS and 3DS games go onto the virtual Console as well. I'll be leaving this thread open for a week from Friday so everyone can get their final thoughts in. And after that the Mario Party Thread will be open.

Well part of the reason Mario Party can be rage inducing is because of the sheer amount of luck involved. Mario Party Advance doesn't have a lot of that. The only real luck based portion is navigating Shroom City, and you kind of have a ton of room to do things there. None of the mini-games are luck based because that would make for a terrible single player experience. Mario Party Advance is pretty much an entirely different title from the other games, so I didn't think that was unusual.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I think I said this before here, but your marriage will start to visibly deteriorate by MP5. Good luck!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Warmal posted:

Thank you so much! Though. This isn't really an LP dynamic. This is literally just us. Everything you hear is 100% genuine. From every "gently caress you" to "love you."

I should've probably put that in quotes :x But yeah good vibes! Looking forward to Mario Party 1 and the inevitable Chance Time

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

You said chance time and I instantly had flash backs to some of our recordings. Not gonna lie.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well part of the reason Mario Party can be rage inducing is because of the sheer amount of luck involved. Mario Party Advance doesn't have a lot of that. The only real luck based portion is navigating Shroom City, and you kind of have a ton of room to do things there. None of the mini-games are luck based because that would make for a terrible single player experience. Mario Party Advance is pretty much an entirely different title from the other games, so I didn't think that was unusual.

This game absolutely did a solo mario party perfectly. Far better than the DS or 3DS games in my opinion. Although, those ones also aren't very good multiplayer Mario Party games either. I can't praise this one enough for how cute and fun it is. I would certainly not scoff at a new one like this if they made it.

But, like all good things this must come to an end.

Final - Bonus 3

We will keep the thread open for the next week so everyone can catch up if they need to and make any final comments. The All Mario Party thread will open next week as well. And I take that challenge that it won't deteriorate by Mario Party 5!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Of course Bowser would give you a useless Gaddget.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

None of the gadgets are useless, they are all spectacular. I now have Bowser's autograph forever. Has Mario ever given me his autograph? I think not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you all for participating in this thread. I will now be closing it for good. I've put in the request for archive but you can of course always watch again on youtube if you like.

If you want to see our Let's Play of all the Mario Party games just click here/

• Locked thread