Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Whalley posted:

the legendary is gonna be a corgi that can hold a sword or a shield in it mouth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhfl4nxWxg&t=30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

galar is literally just the word 'disease' in irish so what the gently caress

Finally, the edgy Pokémon game we’ve all wanted

The Black Plague will be a major plot feature

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm dead serious. It's a Chameleon, is shown changing colors in the trailer.

It will be Color Change.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm dead serious. It's a Chameleon, is shown changing colors in the trailer.

living through greninja once was bad enough

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Whalley posted:

the legendary is gonna be a corgi that can hold a sword or a shield in it mouth

This just reminds me Corgis are now a real possibility in pokemon and I can feel my soul ascending from my body.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

God, this is the worst part, we all want more Pokemon and we all know more Pokemon are coming, but we aren't allowed to see the new Pokemon :smith:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Brother Entropy posted:

We all know that Gamefreak has never been shy about repeating themselves and hoping that lighting strikes twice. Look at the Pika-Clones and Zoroark.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Brother Entropy posted:

This one will be bulkier with higher attacking stats. Enjoy your opponent changing types to ruin your attempt at SE coverage. :unsmigghh:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

This one will be bulkier with higher attacking stats. Enjoy your opponent changing types to ruin your attempt at SE coverage. :unsmigghh:

thank god i don't play singles

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Geostomp posted:

We all know that Gamefreak has never been shy about repeating themselves and hoping that lighting strikes twice. Look at the Pika-Clones and Zoroark.
Is Lycanroc the marketable one for last generation, or did that wind up being Incineroar?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Golden Gael posted:

Is Lycanroc the marketable one for last generation, or did that wind up being Incineroar?

Lycanroc was the clumsy attempt but yeah incineoar was the star

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Geostomp posted:

Well, to be fair: all the Pika-clones eventually led to Mimikyu, which is a lightening strike so hard it blew up the whole building.

Zoroark would have been better received if they hadn't made it event exclusive, that was a dumb move.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Golden Gael posted:

Have you been living under a rock? It was Rowlet.

Edit:

Also, like I said, Mimikyu was pretty big too.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 28, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Well, to be fair: all the Pika-clones eventually led to Mimikyu, which is a lightening strike so hard it blew up the whole building.

Turns out that giving your Pokemon a depressing backstory but positive attitude that makes it stand out heavily while being really, really huggable works far better than just copying the same design notes and hoping it works again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3883283&pagenumber=1#post492958021

Here's the new thread, so STAND UP AND SALUTE YOU SLAGS!