Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
I’m thinking if Grookey is a musician and Scorbunny is an athlete, maybe Sobble will be an artist? I mean he’s a chameleon, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Galaran Slowpoke is that one French looking fan art

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Spring Heeled Jackrabbit is gonna be very cool final evo.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
in addition to the three actual fire/fighting starters I feel like Incineroar may as well have been fire/fighting based on its (atrocious) design and moves/animations, I really hope they don’t make fire bunny into fire/fighting

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Panic Restaurant posted:

I’m thinking if Grookey is a musician and Scorbunny is an athlete, maybe Sobble will be an artist? I mean he’s a chameleon, after all.

also the depression

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

all I know is that Scorbunny fucks

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/revelyh/status/1100766078995714050

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

indigi posted:

in addition to the three actual fire/fighting starters I feel like Incineroar may as well have been fire/fighting based on its (atrocious) design and moves/animations, I really hope they don’t make fire bunny into fire/fighting

You Fool

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

please do not troll me

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

indigi posted:

:yikes:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Here are my guesses on final typing:

Bunny = fire/electric

Lizard = water/ghost

Monkey = grass/fairy

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 28, 2019

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

less laughter posted:

it's for drumming, it's called groove monkey for a reason

Grookey's final evo leak??

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Here are my guesses on final typing:

Bunny = fire/electric

Lizard = water/ghost

Monkey = grass/fairy

That could be neat.

I do wonder what the "Third" main legendary will be to complement Sword and Shield, and I am guess it'll be kind of Knight that can fuse with both similar to Kyurem to utilize them as godly weapons. Also, I'm guessing that the third game will be Pokemon Valor to match the knight theme

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i still have a feeling they might throw us a curveball and make one of the secondary typings normal

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wonder what the pokemon version of St George will be

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Waffleopolis posted:

That could be neat.

I do wonder what the "Third" main legendary will be to complement Sword and Shield, and I am guess it'll be kind of Knight that can fuse with both similar to Kyurem to utilize them as godly weapons. Also, I'm guessing that the third game will be Pokemon Valor to match the knight theme

book of spells or a wizard hat

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/VelvetyF/status/1100826316247584768?s=19

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/6um/status/1100828299054313472

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CUTE

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Loling @ people who're disappointed that this wasn't BOTW with Pokemon

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’d be a nice crossover if the city at the top of the map is Ryme city.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Johnny Joestar posted:

i still have a feeling they might throw us a curveball and make one of the secondary typings normal

If that happens, I'm guessing it'll be the monkey that gets it because Normal is the type most often associated with sound (as seen with Chatot, the Whismur family line, and Meloetta) and he seems to have a music theme going on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Neo_Crimson posted:

So many people are still clinging to the dream of every region in one Pokemon game, which I mean, is probably not gonna happen unless each region is like the sad excuse for Kanto in the GSC beta.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If that happens, I'm guessing it'll be the monkey that gets it because Normal is the type most often associated with sound (as seen with Chatot, the Whismur family line, and Meloetta) and he seems to have a music theme going on.

it's very possible. i could totally see that. normal in itself has some interesting implications in terms of weaknesses/strengths and the moves associated with it so if it does happen i hope people aren't weirdly disappointed because even normal type pokemon have some cool themes.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so did ultra sun/moon end up being much of an upgrade over the original games? this announcement's got me itching to pokemon again and i only played through moon once when it first came out so like, if ultra's not a huge difference i could probably save the 40 bucks and just play that again

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm not positive about the others, but I am 100% certain that bunny is ending up as fire/electric.

Its whole thing is that it's fast and full of energy, it has a lot of yellow in the design, and it would be a shout out to the energizer bunny (God, I so hope its final form has sunglasses).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

So many people are still clinging to the dream of every region in one Pokemon game, which I mean, is probably not gonna happen unless each region is like the sad excuse for Kanto in the GSC beta.

I wish they turned this into an MMORPG. instead we got Go

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

so did ultra sun/moon end up being much of an upgrade over the original games? this announcement's got me itching to pokemon again and i only played through moon once when it first came out so like, if ultra's not a huge difference i could probably save the 40 bucks and just play that again

I'd say it was. the main storyline is different (and isn't quite as good, but still interesting) and there's way more awesome postgame stuff to gently caress around with.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/suupicy/status/1100896310473961473

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

YES

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i had a chameleon once and this is p much 100% how it works

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Chameleon? More like Cutemeleon :3:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

indigi posted:

How's it feel to be so wrong?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

indigi posted:

Your hatred of my best friend's design only proves why it's such an amazing design.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Very much looking forward to the Pokémon world equivalent of cheeky nando’s

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Neo_Crimson posted:

It would just be nice to have more options than, like, go directly from point A to point B with next to zero deviation in between. It would make replaying the games more fun too instead of just having the same pokemon available to you at the same points in the game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ya'll ready for Sobble to have Protean as its hidden ability.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Ya'll ready for Sobble to have Protean as its hidden ability.

don't even joke

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Waffleopolis posted:

the legendary is gonna be a corgi that can hold a sword or a shield in it mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Brother Entropy posted:

don't even joke

I'm dead serious. It's a Chameleon, is shown changing colors in the trailer.