Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Nitramster posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Gamestop has them available for 20 on their website, i guess since I can't find a seller I'll go that route and test it in store before leaving to confirm it.

If you're able to boot it up in store, see if there is a "the previous save file will be loaded" screen before it shows the continue-new game screen. If that message appears it is a pirate copy.

It'll also be much easier to check for the foil label in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Chill Penguin posted:

Are GameFreak even the main developer on Let's Go? I thought Niantic had something to do with it.

Nope, it's GameFreak. The majority of Niantic's involvement is Go connectivity.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nessa posted:

I needed my Raichu to fight Ultra Necrozma too, but mine had Nuzzle. Nuzzle saved my rear end.

"Raichu, go nuzzle that world-eating being made of pure light."

"U wot m8."

I also suspect Mega Raichu is just going to be Gorochu's design brought back

Would also be nice if you could breed for the baby versions of Gen I pokemon and evolve them into forms introduced later on, such as Magnezone and Crobat

And retcon Electivire, Rhyperior, Magmortar into Mega Evolutions for their respective pokemon kthxbai

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Vinylshadow posted:

And retcon Electivire, Rhyperior, Magmortar into Mega Evolutions for their respective pokemon kthxbai

This but retcon all the mega evolutions into proper evolutions for their respective Pokémon instead

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I've never used Lileep before, but it's shockingly decent in Alpha Sapphire once it starts learning good moves. Also teaching it Toxic helps, it's damned tanky.

also I've never thought about it before, but Rock/Grass is such a bizarre typing because those two types nullify each other's weaknesses six times.

Water is good against Rock but Grass resists Rock
Fire is good against Grass but Rock resists Fire
Grass is good against Rock but Grass resists Grass
Poison is good against Grass but Rock resists Poison
Ground is good against Rock but Grass resists Ground
Flying is good against Grass but Rock resists Flying

and its weaknesses are the random grab bag of Fighting, Steel, Ice, and Bug.

I also came to the shocking realization I've never seriously tried to use Jigglypuff before, and am now rectifying that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Vinylshadow posted:

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Spatula City posted:

I've never used Lileep before, but it's shockingly decent in Alpha Sapphire once it starts learning good moves. Also teaching it Toxic helps, it's damned tanky.

also I've never thought about it before, but Rock/Grass is such a bizarre typing because those two types nullify each other's weaknesses six times.

Water is good against Rock but Grass resists Rock
Fire is good against Grass but Rock resists Fire
Grass is good against Rock but Grass resists Grass
Poison is good against Grass but Rock resists Poison
Ground is good against Rock but Grass resists Ground
Flying is good against Grass but Rock resists Flying

and its weaknesses are the random grab bag of Fighting, Steel, Ice, and Bug.

I also came to the shocking realization I've never seriously tried to use Jigglypuff before, and am now rectifying that.

You'll like it. Wigglytuff is a favourite of mine and this is the only halfway decent chance to take advantage of its new Fairy-typing in an in-game run.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

And retcon Electivire, Rhyperior, Magmortar into designs that aren't hideous

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Golden Gael posted:

You'll like it. Wigglytuff is a favourite of mine and this is the only halfway decent chance to take advantage of its new Fairy-typing in an in-game run.

Exploud is the superior noise maker pokemon, even if it doesnt get a second typing. :colbert:

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Does anyone have any yvetal / xerneas codes lying around still? I heard they will work for one more week and I missed out on them.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Don't we already have mega eeveelutions in the form of the Legendary Hamsters or whatever?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

no, no, there's only one character in the first panel! get it right!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Alloran posted:

Don't we already have mega eeveelutions in the form of the Legendary Hamsters or whatever?

What if Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno are just the Legendary Gerbils' Flying Formes?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Exploud is the superior noise maker pokemon, even if it doesnt get a second typing. :colbert:
exploud's cool

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Grass/Electric? Sure it's green but that's gravel there at the bottom and definitely all over that slide. Rock/Electric :colbert:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

limeicebreakers posted:

Grass/Electric? Sure it's green but that's gravel there at the bottom and definitely all over that slide. Rock/Electric :colbert:

Steel/Fire is very, very, very, very correct though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/1031956021906952192

Masuda is making a stop in New York ahead of the Pokemon Worlds in Nashville this weekend.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
But secretly he's location scouting for Black 3 and White 3.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Pokemon Black Lives Matter/White Lives Matter

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

:abrathink: oh my gosh how long has this smiley existed

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

limeicebreakers posted:

Plastic slides can build up a shitload of static electricity.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a little bit of speculation building that a new Pokemon will be shown off this weekend at worlds.

There's supposed to be a new Pokemon in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee separate from the $50 Mew physical DLC and Pokeshopper (the Serebii for Pokemon Toys) has a new Sun and Moon toy listing with mystery characters.

https://pokeshopper.boards.net/thread/17/pok-mon-808

The link looks suspicious but that's what the actual webpage links to and the owner's twitter links to.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

Plastic slides can build up a shitload of static electricity.

Electric was the type they kept. :confused:

Kabira Kaboom
Jan 13, 2007
The plate is elegant.
College Slice
Here are a couple of extra Kyogre/Groudon Gamestop Pokemon download codes to anyone that wants them:

A853K3YAGTLKJD7P
A853K3ULRYPUN5F2

Kabira Kaboom fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 23, 2018

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Furnaceface posted:

I used Exploud in both X and Alpha Sapphire, lol. Boomburst is, as the kids would say, lit. 140 base damage, 100 accuracy, and 10 PP. With no bad consequences outside of doubles. lmao what is this OP nonsense? and Exploud is the only one that can really take advantage of its power to the fullest. In competitive that still might not be enough to rocket Exploud to the top, but using Exploud in-game in gen VI is just pressing the win button over and over.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Kabira Kaboom posted:

Here are a couple of extra Kyogre/Groudon Gamestop Pokemon download codes to anyone that wants them:

A853K3YAGTLKJD7P
A853K3ULRYPUN5F2

Got the second one, thank you for the big dinosaur. :kimchi:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1032662596451590145

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Having watched a fair number of Best Wishes episodes, I can see why people hate it, but it is nowhere near as bad as some detractors make it out to be

Iris and Cilan are still some of the [i]worst[i] companions they've ever written though

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Iris and Cilan are great, you guys are just mean.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Cilan was an amazing character. Iris had potential but they squandered it. She had some kind of arc involving Drayden but they didn't develop it enough. Although Best Wishes had numerous pacing issues.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I don't really see why BW is singled out as bad, it's the Pokemon anime, ALL of it is bad.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I honestly found Cilan's and Iris' running gags to be the most annoying out of any companions to date, myself.

The biggest issue with Black & White is that it was Ash's hardest IQ reset to date. Gone were all of the advanced, interesting strategies he used in the previous series, and he started making mistakes like "forgot he needs to weaken a pokemon to catch it", and "only brought a single goddamn pokemon to a gym battle BECAUSE HE HAD TYPE ADVANTAGE".

They had him catch more than 6 Pokemon in Black & white, which was interesting, as he would actually swap them out and rotate them, but as a result, most of them outside the starters and Pikachu felt underdeveloped compared to his various Pokemon from other regions. And then, at the league, he's beaten by a character who represents all of Ash's worst traits amped up to 11.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 24, 2018

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

There's no salvaging the Unova League. The Decolore filler plot was garbage as well. Both are poo poo sandwiches and there was no surprise that there was a drop in viewership. Even the N arc and the return of Charizard couldn't save it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

BlazetheInferno posted:

The biggest issue with Black & White is that it was Ash's hardest IQ reset to date. Gone were all of the advanced, interesting strategies he used in the previous series, and he started making mistakes like "forgot he needs to weaken a pokemon to catch it", and "only brought a single goddamn pokemon to a gym battle BECAUSE HE HAD TYPE ADVANTAGE".
it's a show for children

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah Ash himself is the biggest problem in BW.

But Cilan and Iris can't be the worst travelling companions because neither of them are Misty, who didn't get interesting until she left the group.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

To be fair, when Misty's character was written, the writers were convinced that the anime would have a definite end and the Pokémon phenomenon would wrap up, not continue onward forever.

Iris felt like a retread of Misty, which was intentional since Best Wishes was written as a throwback to the Gen 1 anime with significant retools like Team Rocket being a legitimate threat. But the Tohoku Earthquake derailed the Plasma plot and they kinda lost their footing so to speak.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

From the start, Misty was severely lacking compared to other companions. Her only Pokemon with a personality was Psyduck and pretty much anything she might have resembling character issues was wrapped up after they left the Cerulean Gym. Everyone says that Johto was when they had no idea what to do with her, but that defines the character's entire run.

You can't make that claim about Iris's Pokemon at least. Axew, Excadrill, Emolga, and especially Dragonite had plenty of character to them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zuzie posted:

To be fair, when Misty's character was written, the writers were convinced that the anime would have a definite end and the Pokémon phenomenon would wrap up, not continue onward forever.

Iris felt like a retread of Misty, which was intentional since Best Wishes was written as a throwback to the Gen 1 anime with significant retools like Team Rocket being a legitimate threat. But the Tohoku Earthquake derailed the Plasma plot and they kinda lost their footing so to speak.

Weren't there two entire episodes of Best Wishes that to this day were never shown anywhere (and possibly never even finished) due to something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Weren't there two entire episodes of Best Wishes that to this day were never shown anywhere (and possibly never even finished) due to something like that?

Yes. This is all we ever got to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG5t9im2RJs

Some of the animation was reused in a later episode but that basically removed Team Plasma in their Black/White forms.