Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

OhFunny posted:

I just bought Omega Ruby from Walmart for $3 :toot:

Walmart.com uses third party sellers like Amazon does, so there’s a good chance it could be a bootleg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Open Marriage Night posted:

Walmart.com uses third party sellers like Amazon does, so there’s a good chance it could be a bootleg.

I got it in store and it's in a case and the case is wrapped in plastic. Do bootleggers sell'em like that? I thought they usually only sell the carts.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 22, 2019

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=37202055

Put in your zipcode then as soon as you confirm the game is in stock for $3 stop thinking and go buy it.

OhFunny posted:

I got it in store and it's in a case and the case is wrapped in plastic. Do bootleggers sell'em like that? I thought they usually only sell the carts.

This is a clearance thing.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Back when Pokemon Platinum came out, a friend of mine bought a bootleg off of ebay that had a case. The case was horribly misshapen, and didn't even have the same dimensions as a DS game. It was clear, and had glitter mixed in the plastic. And the cover art was just a .jpg wrapped around the box.

The point of the story is that you probably got a legit one.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure Walmart would be very interested in not having bootleg Nintendo games on the shelf of their retail stores.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a couple years ago i bought a heart gold with pokewalker + ho oh figure from walmart for $10

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

This is fantastic, thank you!

No problem :) have fun becoming a Pokemon super nerd! It rocks.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I need new pokemon.

I am desperate.

what is a good pokemon fan game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sage

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Edit: whoops wrong thread

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Had there ever been a big deal on Pokémon’s grass mechanic? Compared to most jrpgs with random encounters, a mechanic that lets you choose when to have encounters seems really innovative at the time.

Edit: Omg!! This first episode is goddamn adorable! Pikachu’s a feisty little bastard and Ash sounds like Gohan.

Another edit: huh...meowth sounds like cartoon Joe Pesci.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 23, 2019

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Zelda 2 was kind of that way, though they were more aggressive. The Paper Mario series had it as well.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

chaosapiant posted:

Are there any antagonists as goofy and ineffectual as team skull in the the other gens? These dudes are funny as gently caress, always rapping at me and then pissing themselves when my starter mon KOs there poo poo. Team Skull for life.

Team Skull are my fuckin' boys. They're adorably low stakes and my boy Guzma is trying to get a good thing together: get free public transit to his people way out in the back of beyond, make sure the working class bus driver gets breaks, shatter the kahuna hegemony, and the just goes on.

My ultra moon run through I played someone who washed out of team Skull. Dressed like them, used only their Pokemon, and tried to say all of my responses as one of them.

Also Decidueye is real good, fam.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's now Pokemon bank renewal time.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Dehry posted:

Put in your zipcode then as soon as you confirm the game is in stock for $3 stop thinking and go buy it.

X and Y are also at $3 btw. Gonna see if I can grab either later today at a different Walmart.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dehry posted:

It's now Pokemon bank renewal time.

Thanks for this! I've been sick as a dog this week so I had forgotten to check if the thing would finally let me renew this time.

My friends are now safe for another year.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dehry posted:

This is a clearance thing.

Just tried this and it is definitely not working. Looked up zip, verified it was in stock and $3, went to the indicated store. They have it but no sale is indicated anywhere and it rings up for full price. Won't price match the brickseek link.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Just tried this and it is definitely not working. Looked up zip, verified it was in stock and $3, went to the indicated store. They have it but no sale is indicated anywhere and it rings up for full price. Won't price match the brickseek link.

It's a third party site for stock checking so the store can decide otherwise.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Dienes posted:

you broke the rules................

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

oddium posted:

you broke the rules................

I'm p sure someone going "Did you see this on the Walmart site? We only price match the Walmart website." isn't a rules violation.

I'd be interested to hear if any other goons have success because a website that won't be honored, isn't accurate, and can't be discussed seems to have really dubious actual utility. :shrug: Appreciate the thought, though.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Speaking of Bank, is there any word on how or if they're planning to shift everything over from the 3DS to the Switch? I think there's an option to link your 3DS account to your Switch account, though whether that actually will allow for transferal I have no clue.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Speaking of Bank, is there any word on how or if they're planning to shift everything over from the 3DS to the Switch? I think there's an option to link your 3DS account to your Switch account, though whether that actually will allow for transferal I have no clue.

We don't know absolutely anything about how previous generations will interact with the Switch. It's heavily unlikely they won't, Bank will definitely have some way to connect, but we don't know how.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Is there a way to install my cardridge games on my DS? Like I own the games but swapping back and forth is annoying. It's running homebrew if that is needed.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Zedd posted:

Is there a way to install my cardridge games on my DS? Like I own the games but swapping back and forth is annoying. It's running homebrew if that is needed.

For the DS you'd have to dump the ROM and put them on a flash cart if you wanted your save and everything otherwise you can just :files: the ROM. For 3ds yeah you should be able to use godmode9 or whatever to dump your carts to cia's and install them without need for extra hardware. There's a Homebrew thread around which would be best to ask.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1099451649939009536

https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1099453144302444544

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1099451649939009536
https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1099452961640435712
https://twitter.com/JamesTurner_42/status/1099453144302444544

It's neat to get these things from the creator himself.

EDIT: drat, got beaten here.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 24, 2019

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The second two tweets were deleted, what were they about?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Assuming poke bank will be compatible with the upcoming Switch title, I'd like to migrate all the poo poo I have from my previous games but all I have is an real old DS Lite. Is the 2DS the way to go as a cheap buy so I can get myself setup with poke bank and move my mons? I have stuff in Diamond/Platinum/Soul Silver and White so I'm hoping those are compatible to grab poo poo from with minimal effort. I don't have any real interest in the console itself, I just want to move my stuff and no one I know has one I could borrow.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Might wanna look at your local FB Marketplace. I've seen "new" 3ds XLs for $50 locally. But if you're just getting a new one yeah the 2DS is probably the cheapest.

Wonder with the 3ds near the end of its life if those Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow cards are gonna go on clearance for stupid cheap.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Solumin posted:

The second two tweets were deleted, what were they about?

That Vanillite's line was based on restaurant mascots as well as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man to fit the Unova setting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently a credible Chinese leaker has said he watched the Gen 8 trailer and it’ll be dropping next week. He also said it looks very different than previous Pokémon games.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what happens if you try to put a person in a poke ball

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

chaosapiant posted:

Are there any antagonists as goofy and ineffectual as team skull in the the other gens? These dudes are funny as gently caress, always rapping at me and then pissing themselves when my starter mon KOs there poo poo. Team Skull for life.

It makes me sad whenever I realize that they're not going to be in the next game. And Guzma will never be important again. They were so good, I almost wish they'd get an encore performance. I want more! I can't imagine how they could possibly top Team Skull in the next game. There's no way a new team could be as funny or have as much heart. I wonder what they will do?

RatHat posted:

Apparently a credible Chinese leaker has said he watched the Gen 8 trailer and it’ll be dropping next week. He also said it looks very different than previous Pokémon games.

This makes me nervous. It better be good. :colbert:

Wile E. Toyota fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 24, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

Well, it's the first time in history a mainline Pokemon game that isn't a blatant nostalgia-driven cashgrab is on a home console with all the power that brings. I'd be more shocked if it didn't look very different from all that came before.

That said I don't believe in any such thing until I see it especially when the leak is from a "credible leaker" with no information on who they are or what their credentials are.

Wile E. Toyota posted:

It makes me sad whenever I realize that they're not going to be in the next game. And Guzma will never be important again. They were so good, I almost wish they'd get an encore performance. I want more! I can't imagine how they could possibly top Team Skull in the next game. There's no way a new team could be as funny or have as much heart. I wonder what they will do?

Never say never. Characters coming back in Pokemon isn't that unusual and popularity matters. Hell, we get Looker every game. I'm not ready to give up on my boy, Guzma.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

indigi posted:

what happens if you try to put a person in a poke ball

To Green's dismay, it apparently does nothing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Apparently it's the same dude that leaked something about USUM? can't find a comprehensive post about what's going on, but eh, I believe it. It's nothing too outlandish, just that the trailer is finished and should be coming in the next week. Pokemon Day 2019 has enough going on around it that it makes sense for a trailer to drop.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Blaze Dragon posted:

We don't know absolutely anything about how previous generations will interact with the Switch. It's heavily unlikely they won't, Bank will definitely have some way to connect, but we don't know how.
Monpoke. Tout mon poké en un seul endroit.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im ready

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Wile E. Toyota posted:

If Colress, Grimsley and Anabel can came back. Ya Boi can show up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Team Skull was so good they got a second release immediately after the first