Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

In my 18 years of playing Pokemon, I have never been interested enough to watch a video to see a Pokemon pre-release. Today, Sandygast and Palossand changed all that. :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oddium posted:

maybe it has an ability we haven't seen yet. just kind of tucked away. where we can't see. you know

levitate

rlloyd3
Feb 3, 2012
Greetings, New Thread.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Countblanc posted:

The Sandcastle's ability sucks, I can't believe it doesn't get Arena Trap or Sand Stream. I'll shout this from the rooftops until the day I die.

Yeah it seems really bad. Raising your defense when you get hit by a super effective move is already not that great since you're already heavily wounded. But its raising defense against water attacks, which are almost always special. So what, it can get hit by surf one turn and then die to it the next? Great.

Hopefully it will have a hidden ability that's actually good.

EDIT: Oh I guess since we're all doing this

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 20, 2016

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
Weird cute quirky poo poo, no surprises here.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

oddium posted:

i just fought a watchog and i never realized it wears a safety vest. much better than i remember overall

Him's a traffic guard!

Watchog is great. :swoon:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Decus posted:

Yeah, next we can all post what our own personal trials would be if we were island captains.

my trial is that you have to post all your pokemon opinions and if they dont match up with mine then you fail

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

SillyEnglishPigDog
Feb 16, 2012

Now go away before I taunt you a second time! :arghfist:

This things p good.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Aaaagh I can't decide

All I know Fo Sho is that I really, really like Magnemite and Magneton. Magnezone it's been eight years and I'm still not used to the way he looks, because I'm a stupid idiot, but I love that line a lot. They're so CUTE! But also tough, and I love Electric and Steel types, and and and

Guys Pokemon is good IMO

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my favorites are all starters

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I like my top twelve. Is that two fairly well balanced teams?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Combee vs. Articuno was like having test anxiety.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

I can't decide between Venusaur and Heracross as my favorite pokemon. They're both my bros that have been with me since Leaf Green. Mudkip is a great pokemon, Duskull is a super neat design, a single Furret carried my team through an entire Gold nuzlocke, and Honedge is too cool not to have on my list.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
:wooper: still terrible

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Oh gosh, I never thought I'd have the problem of too many good grass types but it's real! I gotta start with Rowlet though, grass starters for life

Edit: here have some opinions

Rose Spirit fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 20, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

:colbert:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

What's everyone's favorite team? I think my favorite was my first Y team. Chesnaught, Charizard, Scizor, Gallade, Manectric, and Garchomp. just overpowered everything

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My favorite team was Scoliopede, Mr Mime, Espeon, Vaporeon, Gliscor, and Smeargle, that was a baton pass team that never attacked, and it was the only fun I had in competitive gen 6 before smogon mercilessly banned it, and I'll never forgive them.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

My favorite team was my in-game team for Diamond: Torterra, Honchkrow, Golduck, Lucario, Bibarel, and Luxray.

Those guys were the best. I need to get them moved from my Diamond into the bank sometime.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

My favorite team was Scoliopede, Mr Mime, Espeon, Vaporeon, Gliscor, and Smeargle, that was a baton pass team that never attacked, and it was the only fun I had in competitive gen 6 before smogon mercilessly banned it, and I'll never forgive them.

Smogon did you a favor.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

best teams from best gens: murkrow / electivire/ heracross / feraligator / dunsparce / espeon

and dedenne / gogoat / tyrantrum / sylveon / hawlucha / mamoswine

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah

Aegislash/Delphox/Gogoat/Tyrantrum/Clawitzer/Pangoro was super fun for my first run of X/Y

Then

Charizard-Y/Hawlucha/Goodra/Greninja/Snorlax/Avalugg

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm a fan of my gen 6 pre-ORAS ubers team

Groudon/Yveltal/Shaymin-S/M-Scizor/Arceus-Rock/Ho-OH

i named them after persona 4 personae though.

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

How did I end up here

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Smogon did you a favor.

It was the only way to have fun, and it's gone.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

It was the only way to have fun, and it's gone.

Now you can have fun with other things, like Gen 4 or 5 singles.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Now you can have fun with other things, like Gen 4 or 5 singles.

Any gen where genies exist is bad

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Any gen where genies exist is bad

The genies did nothing wrong.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

qnqnx posted:

The genies did nothing wrong.

Their therian forms did EVERYTHING wrong.

Ban all legendaries from all online formats forever.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Their therian forms did EVERYTHING wrong.

Ban all legendaries from all online formats forever.

They're too perfect for this hosed up world.
Also, I haven't met a single one that wanted to ban all legendaries from online and wasn't also a hosed up idiot.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
My first run through X my team was Delphox, Vivillion, Heliolisk, Dragalgae, Gourgeist, and Aurorus. I loved them, they were a v. good team.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

What's everyone's favorite team? I think my favorite was my first Y team. Chesnaught, Charizard, Scizor, Gallade, Manectric, and Garchomp. just overpowered everything

Mine is my BW1 team: Samurott, Lilligant, Scrafty, Archeops, Reuniclus, and Chandelure.

Maybe not a good team for competitive, but I've always liked them. :unsmith:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

qnqnx posted:

They're too perfect for this hosed up world.
Also, I haven't met a single one that wanted to ban all legendaries from online and wasn't also a hosed up idiot.

Phione is a dangerous threat, man.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Crosspeice posted:

Phione is a dangerous threat, man.

I sometimes wonder if they'll ever create another Pokémon like Phione: One that's able to breed like any other Pokémon but it's only available via trading with others. Like if they created only one, gave it to someone and then that person bred it and traded the offspring and so on until it spread to nearly every player.

It's probably unlikely due to the fact that it'd be easy to just cheat for it if its already programmed into the game but it would be interesting to see.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Catalina posted:

Combee vs. Articuno was like having test anxiety.

is it com-bee, comb-bee, or comb-ee

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's pronounced like 'combi'.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so it turns out my old gameboy carts still work and my 150 pokedex Blue save file is still good.

now i just need someone to explain why there's 8 level 100 Nidorinas in my PC

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Why the gently caress isn't Magikarp flopping on its side?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Stufful lore posted:

The truth is that Stufful doesn’t really like being touched. It hates being hugged tightly and will flail its arms in protest.

Bewear lore posted:

When Bewear is acting in a friendly fashion, just swinging its arms around, you must never dare to approach it carelessly. It is acknowledged to be a dangerous Pokémon, even within the Alola region. You may see warning signs posted near places it resides.

When Bewear grows fond of its Trainer, it may show that feeling in a fond embrace—but the force of that hug is tremendous! Trainers must teach these Pokémon how to restrain their strength when showing affection.

RIP.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 20, 2016