Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Thanks for mentioning the Meowth code, goon from a couple pages ago. I like that cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

No shinies yet but I'm into breeding now so marvellous things await I'm sure. Got Xerneas last night, she just hopped right into a quick ball. Good bambi. I'm loving how easy Wonder Trade makes it to build daft little collections like deciding you want every starter.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I like all pokemon but I kind of like least the ones that just look like people. Bipedal pokemon that are in a humanish shape. I love *my* delphox but delphoxes in general, I do not like.

But I do really like the ones that are just random objects like Klefki and Vanillice. There are pokemon for everyone!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Wow, racist much?

I just wanna hang out with my nice pets and animal friends!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Into the post-game for the first time since Pokemon Ruby!

Swanna there as an HM aide, but carried the team on many occasions.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Xerneas is beautiful and good and my friend.

Did anyone else feel sort of obliged to pick the Kanto starter they used the first time they played pokemon? There was no way I was taking anyone but Bulbasaur. He's my good buddy.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Look how happy James is. :3:

My pokemon are in boxes by type. Dual-types go in whichever box I feel best represents them. Then I put single-types on the left and dual-types on the right. This is correct and good.

Thinking of trying a Nuzlocke but I'd want to go back to an older game for it probably. Maybe White2, I haven't played that yet.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm hearing a lot of shade thrown at my best friend Bulbasaur

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

You know what pokemon I really wish was usable? Sunkern. I really love Sunkern's design, it's such a cute little stripy chap. But it's the worst.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Mega sunflora will get protean or drought, be dual grass/fire, highest def/spdef in grass types and be a gigantic goddamn flower the size of a block with a happy face that shoots solarbeams out its mouth.

This would loving delight me. I would take that guy straight to the E4.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Holy poo poo, got wonder traded a pikachu with the pokerus. I have never seen it before and I've been playing on and off since the original Blue. Busy infecting my whole team.

I picked Mudkip (AS) and I kind of wish I hadn't because there are water types coming out of everywhere now. I might have to adjust my usual method of 'stick HMs on main party pokemon because who cares' and start actually having HM slaves who get rotated in and out.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Make sure you have it in the PC so it has pokerus forever and can spread to other pokemon whenever you want to.

Have done! Thank you for the tip :)

I love the dexnav stuff. Sneaking up on skitties is hilarious when you think about it, more so than 'I was just walking and a pokemon jumped out at me'.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Zigzagoon/Linoone is a good HM slave, can learn cut/strength/surf/rock smash, Tropius can do the same but replacing surf with fly if you need it (which you won't by endgame).

That's fantastic then, Clint the Zigzagoon is designated functionality pokemon. Cheers.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

Sharpedo has a cool custom model for surfing on/diving with and moves faster to boot. It can also learn Waterfall, Rock Smash, and Strength.

He's basically your ORAS endgame best friend.

I hear you but I need to surf on Wailmer for nostalgia reasons.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Who is everyone's favourite unevolved pokemon, not in terms of usability, just in terms of how excellent they are?

As well as my documented affection for Sunkern I am very fond of Chingling. I want twenty of them to live in my Christmas tree.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

The only flaw in the entire line is the middle eye on Magnezone being red so it looks like a big dumb nose. If they'd left it as a normal Magnemite eye it'd be so much better.

Magnezones sometimes get stuck together and can't move. They're perfect.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

I feel sorry for you guys and your bad taste on who is the best unevolved Pokemon when clearly:

Totodile not being able to learn all the dance moves and being part of Tierno's team is one of the greatest failures of Gen 6 :colbert:

I think this post alone made me love Totodile.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Is that Meowth's tail he is biting in the last gif? :kimchi:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

notoriousman posted:

I keep assorted odd job Pokémon in a separate box, including but not limited to: a Gallade for catching (bred for roamers), a Bibarel and Tropius as HM mules, a Talonflame for hatching eggs, a Nincada who's only purpose is to faint and have compoundeyes, a Noivern to frisk and steal items, a legion of Meowths to pick up items, and several Combee to farm honey.

That's to say nothing of my collection of Ralts and Kirlia with synchronize.

So you're saying - Pokemon are just tools to you?

...I put False Swipe on my Pangoro (Pam) and she was the loving MVP, though almost eclipsed by fellow HM slave Swanna (Signet) who was incredible in the Pokemon League, despite only being there to fly and surf me places. Ducklett's adorable but Swanna is weird-looking.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

My Barbaracle Streisand

Holy poo poo yes

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hindenberg the exploding Drifblim is beautiful. I really have to start putting in more effort.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

PSWII60 posted:

RikiTikiTavi the Zangoose

The only correct name for Zangoose.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Network42 posted:

My sticky web galvantula PeterSparker.

YES.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Do any of you guys have your own personal rule for nicknames? Like for example, if I give a Pokemon with multiple heads a nickname it has to have a part for each individual head. So my Hydreigon is named Joe Jack Jim, and my Vanilluxe is Celci/Faren.

I can never use the same name twice in a given game, even if I'm not going to use the first owner of a name. Pokemon are not interchangeable! They are individuals. I just remembered that when I first played Blue I just named every pokemon its species, so the name wouldn't change when it evolved.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

My first Poochyena in ORAS had Fire Fang. She's incredibly useful and a good dog.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I want James's Cacnea instead please

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I wish people would say what they don't like about Popplio and its lovely sisters.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Hey dont be talking poo poo about my boy James

He's my favourite too but he's going to spend all season having heatstroke and his hair has gone crazy

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I have a real blind spot around psychic's strengths and vulnerabilities that I blame on learning the type chart back in gen 1.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

If I put a ditto with a male pokemon, can I get eggs

Yeah! Ditto doesn't discriminate.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ugggh are there really Skarmorys on this flippin mountain or is it all a liiieeee

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Thank you chums, the metal bird finally turned up and now he is my good friend.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Goddamn this Cyndaquil I found has gotten really snooty after evolving. I don't mind it gazing at me with intense and determined eyes or remembering when we first met but 'Feuertrunken is curious about your fashion'? Boy what are you saying about my drat hat?

I love how much personality your little guys have nowadays :3:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Just beat Sun with Decidueye, Absol, Mudsdale, Alolan Raichu, Vaporeon and Flareon. I love them all but I still have a soft spot for 'Bulbasaur', the Venusaur who was my starter back when I played Pokemon Blue. I was not good at nicknames back then. Used a Venusaur in X too, he was a goddamn beast.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I'm kind of torn on Alolan Raichu. She was a cornerstone of my team through Sun but I almost exclusively used her as an electric-type. Barely touched psychic with her at all. I mean obviously Stoked Sparksurfer is the cutest thing to ever happen but I feel like I didn't make the most of her. About to start Ultra Moon and I think I'll use Vikavolt this time for electric.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

How early in USUM can I get Amaura? I never use rock or ice and I want to get out of my comfort zone .

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Kurieg posted:

I've got a couple of modest level 1 Amaura's, I could trade you one.

Aw thanks! But if it's as soon as Konikoni City I'll just wait and grab one. Much obliged though. :)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Holy poo poo! A shiny Steenee! I’ve never found a shiny before! She’s gorgeous :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I evolved my random-encounter shiny Steenee and now she is kicking things in the face. I'm so happy. Named her Gloriana.