Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I can maybe make my shiny beedrill with the -atk +def nature (or something equally lovely) right

Right?

Please :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I love pretty much all gen V Pokemon

But every gen V legendary can gently caress off and die

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Total shiny count between 9 games: 3, and one was a shiny Donphan in silver

The other two are a Beedrill and Mamoswine, both with trash natures

Plus like 5 hacked shiny Eevees from Soul Silver GTS

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

What the gently caress are they going to do in future gens for Rockruff evolutions?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hey I'm a big dummy and didn't realize that Victini only ran until the 24th. Can anyone hook me up? I also still need a Celebi but I imagine that's going to be harder to swing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

Don't forget that it's October now, and Keldeo is in the Nintendo Network

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/mythical.html#oct

Yeah that's how I found out. Went to go claim my Victini on the 30th and whoooops got a Keldeo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

How do the GameStop distributions work? Do I gotta like... buy something?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I've got real bad anxiety so we'll see if I can muster up four shots of tequila to make this happen.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Can I use more than one Volcanion code in my game or will that just burn it to no effect?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's one of the ugliest pokemon ever why would you want one much less two

Well I've already got two, but having more to trade for the other legendaries I'm missing

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Hey for all y'all who don't have access to a GameStop to score a Volcanion I have at least one extra code (can probably snatch a few more today)

Ideally, I would like to exchange it for one of the three remaining Pokémon I need for my living dex:
Celebi
Victini
Diancie

But worst case I'll just let it go

But uh if you'd be willing to trade off one of those 'mons for the code that'd be rad. Shoot me a pm and we can put something together maybe tonight.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Zoran posted:

He's ten. He has celebrated at least one birthday and commemorated an anniversary of one of his adventures over the course of the show, but he's still ten. Somehow.

Wasn't ash older in X/Y?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

So my living pokedex is currently short 3 total pokemans:
1. genesect
2. Meloetta
3. Diancie

The first two are simple since there's giveaways for the rest of the year

Diancie is harder though. My best idea right now is to snag an extra Genesect day 1 and hop on the GTS before all the Diancies up for trade for Genesects? I could also bank maybe one extra Volcanion and lost that on the GTS and hope for good fortune

I just wanna finish my pokedex man

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Is there a listing of preorder bonuses for SuMo or is it just universally the Munchlax and nothing else?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo the middle evolution for Pikipek is the Aracuan !!! :aaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjxwaZZVBE

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

So is that a new form for Diancie in the leaks? Guess that pretty much confirms they'll do another giveaway for Diancie in the near future then.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

If Wimpod evo is bug/water he just won himself a spot on my team and in my heart

I imagine the water spider is gonna be Bug/Water and I'm pegging SamuraiWimpod as water/steel because that's a dope typing

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Ultra Beasts are Pokémon that turned themselves into people.

Evidence:

Ya boy Guzma.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Zore posted:

Not right away. You'll be able to do a one way transfer through the bank in January, much like how Gen VI had that brief period of exclusivity before you could transfer up from Gen V.

My understanding is that Pokebank will still work with gen vii pokemon, just that once a gen vi Pokémon has gotten some Alola stank on it you can't send it back to Gen VI but the bank will continue to be standard from here out.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I got the 10 wings without ever talking to the guy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

So what do I do with my living dex re: all these silly alolan formes? Start a second category in my bank and put them where they would logically go in a fez of all alternate forms? HOW DO I ORGANIZE YOU BEAUTIFUL HAIRY MONSTERS?!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Does the L+A thing mean I won't be able to use L as A any more?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5SpyXCTyz4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBp1quVhbjo

Holy poo poo these ones own. I think Generations has found its footing.

"Could it be a child?!"

What a weird line of dialogue

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Croagunk is way cooler than Toxicroak and I've just realized I've been pronouncing Croagunk wrong forever (cro-ah-gunk vs cro-gunk)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Is there a chance they're doing a total rebalance on all Pokémon for gen VII? So these dudes look slow compared to gen VI and down but that's because we don't have their info yet?

Or is everything in gen vii a beautifully designed garbage rear end in a top hat monster

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Apparently you, as in you, the trainer, can learn "styles" which affect how you throw your Pokeballs in battle

Normal style
Elegant style
Girlish style
Reverent style
Smug style
Left-handed style
Passionate style
Idol style

Unless one of them is a Jojo pose, smug style for life

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dehry posted:

Kanto and Jhoto are the actual Kanto region in Japan (Tokyo is Saffron City)

Hoenn is the Kyushu region (most southern Japanese island)

Sinnoh is Hokkaido (most northern Japanese island)

Unova is New York and New Jersey

Kalos is France

Alola is Hawaii

Pokemon Ranger and any other side game that's part of the main universe also used smaller areas of the Japanese map.

The real world political lines exist, just Pokefied. Plus the game is played through the eyes of an 11 year old kid.

Don't forget about India and the United States of America as actual canon places

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The amount of handholding and railroading in the beginning of this game is really making me not want to replay for the other legendary. Just give me my drat starter and let me get on with an adventure

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dehry posted:

Kind of a story spoiler but being vague You will have the chance to get the other version exclusive in the post game, but in a way you might not expect.

I have a living dex so I'll still need to do it twice :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The giant handicapable seat on Lapras combined with all the safety gear feels like such a downgrade from barely hanging on to Sharpedo's dorsal fin for dear life

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Do you get more than 8 of boxes at some point?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Do we know if beast balls can be bred?

Because :holymoley: time to replace my entire living dex with beast balls or something

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Dropped my DS and the cart popped out and I lost somewhere around 6 hours of playtime and grinding for eevees and the third trial and mom quite sad :smith:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I absolutely love this game

But Jesus Christ I guess fishing was on the "two steps back" list this generation

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

What is even the point of bubbling rocks if the encounter table is still 90% magikarp?!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

The SOS mechanic is cool in theory but as soon as you want a castform or a goomy or a Mareanie it's just the loving worst and I want to loving die, man.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

The SOS mechanic is cool in theory but as soon as you want a castform or a goomy or a Mareanie it's just the loving worst and I want to loving die, man.

I'm on Exeggutor island, it is raining, I have used an adrenaline orb, and I'm killing each exeggcute after it calls for help, then killing the next one after it calls for help

Am I doing this right? I should see a castform at some point, right?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

How do you even get Castform? Just find a route where there is a weather effect, then chain an SOS fight until one of the help calls is a Castform? I need a good trade fodder for completing my living dex. Maraenie was working up until I started asking for really rare stuff.

I just flew around until I found a route where it was raining

And now I'm a solid 40 exeggcutes deep with no sign of the bastarc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I found a shiny !

.... oh :smith: