Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I wish I knew AS didn't have koffing, because I would really like to try chaining for a shiny koffing. The pink smoke is so cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

SnorlianZ is very exciting though

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Zore posted:

Wait, what are you two talking about?
Some Pokemon have their own specific Z moves. They only showed snorlax and Aloan Raichu. For the first like two months of the game players can get a free Munchlax with SnorlianZ the item that gives Snorlax his special Z move, Pressed Pancake. He does a huge Belly flop on the opponent with it.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Elfgames posted:

only graveler was decently named
I feel bad for Graveler. What happens to his two little arms when he evolves?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Hyped that I got a Volcanion today. That is all.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Crosspeice posted:

Ilima is the first Trial Captain you face and is a pink haired fancy... boy? Girl? Japan always makes me second guess that poo poo.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/786434246923603972

The Sun and Moon anime starts November 17th and Samson Oak is the headmaster of the school Ash enrols in. Sophacles has a Togedemaru which becomes Pikachu's rival.
Whose this dude with the Exeggutor mask? He's my new favorite character. Going to copy his team (and hopefully outfit) in SuMo.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Right now I'm at:

Drampa
Dancing Bird
Mimikyu
Salandit
Alola Muk

Who will be the last one to make the cut?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I might have a new favorite Pokémon for the first time since I played Gen 1. Goodbye farfetchd. We're still close but Mimikyu is my new favorite.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Wait is Drampa sun or moon exclusive? Originally I thought moon, but one of the pastebins seems to imply its Sun?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

So I guess if I wanted a catcher Smeargle it would have:
False Swipe
Thunder Wave
Soak
<move to detect the ability for SOS battles>

There are like several for the latter, right? Skill Swap and...?
Entrainment

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Genesect is so cool guys. I watched the anime movie with them fighting mewtwo. It ended with Genesect saying "Everyone on planet earth is my friend." You know what Genesect? You're my friend too.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I think I'm gonna bank in a vulpix and jangmo-o and use those two, popplio, and three friends I spontaneously make along the way

e: will probably bank in the parents of the ones I'll actually use along with a ditto so I don't crush the game with boosted exp
I’m doing egg Exeggutor, Eevee (I’ve never actually played with Vaporeon, but done hella Jolteon/Umbreon), houndour and then gonna try do the Rockruff from the event for getting USUM early. Dunno about the last two. Maybe spontaneous.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Glaceon is pretty great.

Thought about that but I’d have to wait till near the end to evolve it right?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I've got my team:

Eevee->Vaporeon (have an egg with wish, don't know if I'll care about wish, but the eevee I bred with already had it)
Crabominable (need to catch it)
Rockruff (from the event we get)
Kommo-o (have an egg, no egg moves)
Alola Exeggutor (has giga drain egg move)
Houndoom (have an egg with nasty plot)

See you guys in Alola!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Do the totem sticker tread-ins all show up in a timely manner? I'd love to use totem Araquanid after the insane pummeling it gave me

Assuming that isn't one of the sun exclusives

Moon exclusive and you can get it mid way through the second island (slightly before Konikoni if you get all the others).

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh do you have to get the totems in order? I should go pick up my raticate then
Yeah, you get them for 20, 40, 50, 70, 80, 100 stickers. There are 50 on the first two islands, but one cannot be gotten without the Machamp strength.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I normally wouldn't agree but I have literally no idea how to get through Totem Kommo-o. It packs the Fairy-resistant Berry, support from Scizor with Bullet Punch, and Poison Jab, so Fairy is out. Ice is out because it's a Fighting type. Dragon is out because it outspeeds the other possible Dragons you could have by that point and one-shots them (Exeggutor in my case).
My Exeggutor survived (barely) and OHKO him on return with draco meteor. My houndoom one shot togedmaru (I think with his Z-move) who I know a lot of people had trouble with, but I had a lot of problems with Lurantis. I didn't have air slash on my vikavolt yet (dunno if I even had vikavolt), but lurantis had a fighting move and outsped my houndoom which just wrecked him. I re-played that one several times and think I just got lucky from the AI making bad decisions.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fritzler posted:

My Exeggutor survived (barely) and OHKO him on return with draco meteor. My houndoom one shot togedmaru (I think with his Z-move) who I know a lot of people had trouble with, but I had a lot of problems with Lurantis. I didn't have air slash on my vikavolt yet (dunno if I even had vikavolt), but lurantis had a fighting move and outsped my houndoom which just wrecked him. I re-played that one several times and think I just got lucky from the AI making bad decisions.
Update: I put the game down for a day or two between the dragon totem and Necrozma. Necrozma one shot all of my pokemon except for Vaporeon who got off one shadow ball. This battle might be very difficult for me.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

So I've hatched seven Farfetch'd with First Impression, Leaf Blade, and Quick Attack in Safari Balls, and they all have 31 IVs in all stats. They're all Adamant. I know, I know, it's Farfetch'd, but my intent was to create the best Awful Duck I could, and I figured I'd see if anyone here wanted a few of the good ones I don't intend to raise.

The one I hatched for myself is Jolly, but I sadly was never able to get any of him with the right potential to offer here. Also, if anyone wants a nickname, feel free to ask.
I would also love one. Will you be around tonight?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I had no idea there was a Discord.

But I'll be around for the rest of the night. My FC is 4854-6464-7680.

EDIT - also, I checked, and god I'm inept. Only four of the ones with good IVs have Defiant. So there's only that many to go around. Sorry guys. I should be able to cover everyone who's wanted one so far though.
Added you. I'm 2981-8634-9686.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Added.

do you want a nickname for her?
No, I'm fine with normal. Thank you so much!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Staraptor, the big pompador bird with actual decent attack stats and a move pool that uses them. When I first found out that it existed, and it was a route 1 bird that didn't suck, I proceeded to cut a bloody swath across the countryside as he Returned everyone to death.

I don’t need a code but I love staraptor as well. Mainly because I can force him to breed with an actually cool Pokémon named Skarmory in order to give Skarmory brave bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

A friend is a little ways into Ultra Moon and asked me for a Charmander. I started to breed one up for him and like an hour in I popped a Shiny Jolly 5iv Charmander. The pokegods were with me today.
Are you giving it to your friend or keeping it?