Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Zore posted:

I hope the new Pseudo-Legendary line is cool.

It will be tough to live up to Goomy, but I have faith.

Are there any dragons in Hawaiian mythology?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

help :qq:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

oddium posted:

eliminate all but suicune. maybe ninetales. give me the mouse
I don't think I've ever caught a suicune, I should go do that.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

So many shinys look dumb as hell. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that I feel looks better than the original is shiny Umbreon and the only reason I like that one is cause it reminds me of my dog when she's wearing a blue collar.

I was breeding Eevee's this past weekend for a Vaporeon and thought I might want to try for a shiny cause why not, then I looked it up and it sort of looked puke-colored.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

oddium posted:

eevee is silver and vaporeon is purple :confused:
yes?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I was referring to vaporeon, sorry.

When I was young I ate a whole bag of swedish fish and vomited all over the place and it looked the same color as shiny vaporeon, not a general sentiment since puke can be many color(ed).

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

HoneyBoy posted:

Flareon is a disappointment
so it is a cat?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

vaporeon is white and gold

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Chatot's cool, but for some reason it was really difficult to catch in ORAS. Like, it was breaking out of ultraballs at level 3 even after I paralyzed it.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

How rare are EV reset bags? I don't think I've ever come across one.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Ah, I rarely ever leave a fully EV trained guy on super training screen and I never tap the screen, so it's probably that. TY!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I think Slurpuff is actually the pokemon-version of Marnie the dog

not sure how anyone can hate that goober :3:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Alola Rattata isn't mustache-y enough, it just looks like it has two black boogers

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Brace yourself for alolan raticate's dick whiplash stache
we need more pokemon with built-in top hats and stuff, so yeah.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Hey thread, I'm re-playing XY right now and have a problem- I am raising a Murkrow and a Lampent but only have one dusk stone.

Who's more worth it (my party's already pretty balanced between physical/special and typing)?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

Don't you have an Eviolite by now? Just evolve whichever one you think looks cooler at its final stage (Chandelure)
I've been using it on my Pupitar cause that thing sucks for another 12 levels

I kinda like lampent's design more than chandelure's :unsmith:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

murkrow is a cool witch bird while honchkrow is a gangster boss, so it depends on whether you like horror movies or noir
I like murkrow cause he kinda looks like Bobby liebling from pentagram but when honchkrow faints he tips his little hat which I find very amusing

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I feel like I'm blanking on something here:

I am breeding a male and female Espurr, the male has infiltrator and is holding an everstone and the female has keen eye. Why is every new Espurr coming out with keen eye? I though everstone was a 100% pass down nature?

e: nm I'm dumb I'm confusing abilities and nature.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If you have a female pokemon and a male pokemon of the same type breed the baby will always have the same ablity as the female.

Ya gotta breed that male with a ditto.
The male can pass down his ability, it's just way less likely. Either way, I have a bunch of modest luxury ball espurrs with infiltrator now :woop:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Sundog is cool but the other one looks goofy

I would play a pokemon game that were made up entirely of pokemon versions of every different dog breed and I would definitely run a gundog party.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

furry skintags? no thx, vaporeon please

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

HopperUK posted:

Holy poo poo, got wonder traded a pikachu with the pokerus. I have never seen it before and I've been playing on and off since the original Blue. Busy infecting my whole team.

I picked Mudkip (AS) and I kind of wish I hadn't because there are water types coming out of everywhere now. I might have to adjust my usual method of 'stick HMs on main party pokemon because who cares' and start actually having HM slaves who get rotated in and out.
Zigzagoon/Linoone is a good HM slave, can learn cut/strength/surf/rock smash, Tropius can do the same but replacing surf with fly if you need it (which you won't by endgame).

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Both ape poke's are awesome as hell, I really want a gibbon, though!

oh poo poo, also psychic/normal is an awesome typing, just realized,

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

less laughter posted:

Oranguru can join its friends Girafarig and Meloetta
I definitely hope they revisit Girafarig either with an evolution or a mega. giraffes are cool and deserve to be a pokemon.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Cubone's skull is actually fused to its face from tears, so that's definitely incorrect.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Blue acts exactly like I imagined my own character acting in-game when I was 8 years old, hyper loving arrogant and talking a lot of poo poo.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

anyone who opens up with Stealth Rock and has a whirlwind combo is not my friend. :mad:
I couldn't even get mad at that, thought it was funny.

I ended the fight with Incineroar dodging two attacks and willing itself out of paralyze to finish off Magnezone with a flare blitz.

ANyway, I finished the main story and am having a tough time finding a Jangmo-o. I read that it's on a little sidepath through some branches before the Altar of the Moone but haven't run into any yet. Is this the right place?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

If you still are able to scan QR codes today you could scan this to get a Pokedex entry with the spawning location info: http://i.imgur.com/b1ty2Th.png
Edit: It's from the Imgur album people have linked several times before: http://imgur.com/a/EFOqs
Neat, didn't know about this, thanks

EclecticTastes posted:

You can find it in any patch of grass in Vast Poni Canyon's exterior, including under the tree. However, it's one of the 5% encounters, so it'll take a bit.

The whirlwind combo ended up backfiring when it was used on me, as it brought in my Golem.
Figured it's rare, guess I'll just buckle down and grind it out.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

RE not leveling Charjabug, specifically; if you don't want to use a heartscale, then evolving it into Vikavolt before level 31 lets it learn bug buzz. Other than that, throw an eviolite on it and ride that little battery hard.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

"Oh jeez I got lost and bought a sundress again!!"

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

What do people think of Oranguru? Statwise it reminds me of Slowbro, but with not as good typing. Is it solely a doubles-guy cause of instruct? It feels a little too fast for Trick room.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I saw a few people offering them up, but how do you get Shadow Sneak onto Grimer?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Senerio posted:

Mimikyu->Misdreavus->Grimer looks like.

Ah, it's Mimikyu, got it.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I don't know how people are stomaching doing super long SOS chains. I chained Salandit's yesterday until a female one showed up and the whole experience was awful.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Solumin posted:

A Fairy type would make that chain a lot easier, since the most annoying with Salandits at that level is Dragon Rage. (But then you have to worry about Smog.)
But chains aren't going to make rare genders any more common than usual, as far as I know.
Yeah, I was using Tapu Koko, which really worked out.

I ended up letting ember cause a burn on me, so Koko couldn't be poisoned, then Nature's Madness'ed it to red and healed back up to full every however many turns.

Hammerite posted:

The very first Salandit I ran across in the volcano area was female and she is still my friend and on my team.
The first salandit I ran into SOS'd, sent out a female and I killed it, not knowing that only the lady's evolved :slick:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Hey, I just got a careful Mareanie with high-20's IV's and Regenerator from the GTS (for a reject Jangmo-o lmbo).

Who would be a good doubles partner with her? I was sort of thinking something with venoshock or hex, but maybe I should diversify typings a bit?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You could go rain-centric to enhance Mareanie's bulk even further (and give it Liquidation as the fourth move after Recover/Toxic/Haze) or you could try to get something that resists the things that are good against it, etc.
Ohh I like that, maybe Pelipper since it has drizzle now? Can do tailwind/wide guard or something, too.

I saw some movesets that had infestation instead of haze, not sure if that's worth it, though.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Why did they making Kommo-o a fighting type but not let it learn Close Combat or Focus punch or Cross Chop or something? This is so disappointing.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Speaking of friendship, PSA for any other dummies out there: Meowth loses Pickup when it evolves

Persian seems really cool with Fur Coat, how are people using them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Parting Shot shenanigans.

Pakled posted:

A lot of people are running Persian with Z-Parting Shot. The Z effect fully heals the pokemon switching in.

Yes, just found this thread on Smogon and Parting Shot seems the way to go (and super bullshit-y!).

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium-Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Toxic/Roar

Definitely gonna play around with this. Didn't know what Parting Shot was, but it looks awesome.