Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The best Pokémon are Hydreigon, Scizor, and Togekiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zore posted:

Best pokeballs:

Luxury

The one true answer.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

First-timer philosophical question: since I am a big baby newb, I have Exp. Share turned on and my team (Farfetch'd, Lucario, Pyroar, Steelix, Lapras, Chesnaught) is pretty solidly in the mid-upper-40s range (just past Lumiose City Gym) and hasn't had much trouble with just about anything to this point. I feel like I might be missing out on The Real Pokemon Experience by just sticking with them, but anything I encounter or catch is a good 10 levels behind and hard to justify swapping in without a big type advantage over the upcoming gym.

Am I playing the game wrong?

You're going to be stupidly over leveled if you leave the Exp. Share on all game. The point of it is to help the new things you encounter catch up to your team, but if you'd just like to stick with your six guys for the rest of the game, I'd recommend turning the Exp. Share off.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I still don't get why they didn't make Mismagius ghost/fairy. It needed some kind of boost.

It's a shame for Mismagius because ghost/fairy is a fantastic offensive and defensive typing.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah dragon itself isn't that amazing of a type. There are plenty of mediocre dragon types now. In the old generations, dragon was reserved for grossly overpowered legendaries or the 600 stat pseudo-legendaries.

Nobody is trembling in fear at Druddigon.

Yeah, Dragon is reasonably well-balanced as a type in and of itself. It's just that the original design concept was to reserve the only typing that resists all the starter types for the most fearsome beasts in the land.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Crosspeice posted:

Are you sure about that? This is Gen 1 we're talking about.

God drat, Gen 1 sucked.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

sinking belle posted:

I'm way out of the loop, did anything ever come of those inaccessible parts of the power plant in x/y? Or the "faceless men" thing, or the guy who gave you the statue of an unidentified pokemon that didn't seem to serve any purpose? Also what kind of name is "Type: Null"? Also are mega pokemon just not a thing they're doing anymore? Also what the heck is going on with pokemon everything about these new games looks completely nuts

No, no, maybe, an unusual one, we don't know for sure, absolutely.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Pentaro posted:

Guzma is named after el Chapo Guzmán, obvs.

And things named after el Chapo are good, so

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's really surprising there are no dolphin Pokemon. Maybe with a Hawaiian theme they might do something about that. Dolphins already look like Pokemon with their giant heads.

Kyogre.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Okay, who did that to the thread title?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

it's the same as it ever was? (same as it ever was (same as it ever was))

Did it always spell "Pokémon" incorrectly?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Redeye Flight posted:

...GOD DAMNIT

I love these posts. :allears:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Sylveon is great until you realize its ribbons are made of flesh

Gardevoir's dress is its skin

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

The enemy is going to try to guess whether you will use King's Shield, an attack move, a priority attack move, or a support move. What you need to do is anticipate what they think you think you will do, and gently caress up their response.

And you could set up with Swords Dance, and you could use either physical or special moves with your dual base 150 attacking stats.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Oh my god the Porygon hair dryer

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Next person to suggest that there will be more Eeveelutions gets banned.

bitcheon, the mabel type

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

It will probably be faster to breed mons with great IVs than it will be to earn the requisite number of caps. They'll mostly be useful for legendaries and Ditto.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm not actually up on gen 6-7 breeding mechanics. Can you do better than Destiny Knot on 6IV Ditto + Everstone on right-natured parent and iterate a few times to get parents with better IVs as they come up?

To answer this first question, no, that is the best available method at the moment.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Right, it's not awful - although I haven't looked into using Super Training at all to get EVs, so I assume that's where the rest of the timesaving is coming from - but I wouldn't say trivial.

e: and yeah, it's "got 5 from the Ditto", not "got 5 from the ditto and rolled a 31 on the 6th" (Hidden Power will present issues!)

Super Training turns out to be hideously inefficient compared to horde training, so it's best to only do it for the last few points on custom EV spreads. (For example, if you want 56 EVs in some stat, you fight a horde where each mon gives 1 IV while using Pokérus and the appropriate Power Item for 50 total points, then do level 1 training for +4 and hit two small bags for +1 each.) EVs cap at 252 now, so you don't have to worry about going over to 255 and wasting three points.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't see it

now, flabebe should absolutely be grass/fairy. it has a flower and then evolves into the goddamn flower, what the hell

And it's a shame because Grass/Fairy would have been an amazing typing for it.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Two decades of games have taught us that thinking of pokemon only as tools for victory is a thought that an rear end in a top hat would think. The games themselves explicitly call it out as wrong. It's not surprising that people who don't put in the legwork of training their own pokemon are treated as heels.

I'm struggling to think what kind of ball it would be illegal for a Raichu, of all things, to occupy, however.

The games say that making Pokémon into tools for fighting is wrong, but the actual underlying mechanics mandate a sustained program of literal eugenics, so

Akett posted:

Didn't they make it so that fathers can pass hidden abilities if rarely?

Only with Ditto.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Ancalagon the Hydreigon

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Dexie posted:

I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS EVERY SINCE YOU POSTED IT AND I JUST GOT IT.

Wow, I'm a moron.

I still don't get it :(

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

What's a good moderately-bulky special attacker? Not looking for a real wall, just something that can switch in ever instead of never while still packing a decent punch. Megas are okay since this is for battle spot and it'll mostly be alternating with my existing mega Gardevoir

Hydreigon. Good set of resistances to switch in with, and has pseudo-legendary bulk

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

It's hilarious that they officially confirmed Megas by showing off all the most broken ones.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

it stole the spotlight from Pikachu. :(

good

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

Popplio and his grown up forms are beautiful.

I want all the starters.

I'm gonna start with all three, op

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I'm gonna pick Litten and also the other two for my first adventure

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

"Sorry you were offended!"

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

If Mimikyu were to choose a non-Pikachu disguise, what would it be?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I was thinking Hydreigon, the cutie :3:

Zoran fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 8, 2016

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I'm so glad that Hydreigon has Quiver Dance now

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

What sets do you think Mega Hydreigon will run now that it has 132 speed, Mega Launcher, and Quiver Dance?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Jangmo-owns

Her evolutions can join Hydreigon in my sweet-rear end dragon crew

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Gonna roll with Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Jangmo-o, and two other cool friends

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Today class, we will watch the continued failure of a 12 year old boy over the course of 20+ years.

He's ten. He has celebrated at least one birthday and commemorated an anniversary of one of his adventures over the course of the show, but he's still ten. Somehow.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

That was uncomfortable.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

If Kommo-o and Hydreigon fought, who would win

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I'm glad that Luxray has all those great STAB Dark moves

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

oddium posted:

i'm mining the data now. tsareena. ash-greninja. the fire fighting starter. it's all there

It's true. All of it. The Dark Gym. The Megas. They're real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I can't believe that Mega Dragonite is really just two Salamence taped together.

I salute all those brave data miners for powering our thread with all the data they mine!

Zoran fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 18, 2016