Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

I wish this was a good team as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
All my shinies are from gen 6. The first one a Lampent, now part of my trick room team. The second one a Smeargle with moody, a good nature and 3 perfect IVs. The third one a Yanma with a garbage nature and poo poo IVs. And the last one a godamn pelipper from farming lucky eggs in ORAS.

I've probably killed a few in my youth playing silver as I didn't know about shinies at the time. :shrug:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

HoneyBoy posted:

My first shiny was

My second shiny was

After that the shinies I got were

Complete the sentences and post this for the next couple pages until the next topic is brought up.

Thanks. Keep me posted about the next topic we can post our opinions and experiences that no one cares about. :tipshat:

Edit: can event mons be traded directly? I got an extra arceus because I didn't know it couldn't be put on the gts.

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 22, 2016

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Dunban posted:

Exciting new Sun & Moon gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgZhBxhyQA

Is he collecting the stupid sea cucumbers to throw them back out to sea? :allears:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Heliolisk is one of my favourite shinies.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is it possible to spoof pokemon in gen 6? Just got a shiny sharpedo with 6 perfect IVs on wondertrade.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That's pretty lame tbh

Edit: Turns out it's from some twitch streamer who just does this all day?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

FishBulb posted:

Auslove TV or whatever?

That's the one yeah

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Wanting to use cool mons is making me really bad at team building :saddowns:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That is true, and seeing Hawlucha chump fools never gets old.

Also, I spent two hours dexnaving for azumarills yesterday before finding out the can't be found with egg moves :downsgun:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Wait what?! There was an Exp. All in RBY? :psyduck:

I played blue in German and couldn't understand what was happening until I got Silver in English. I've always just assumed that it didn't start sharing between the entire party until gen 6.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

mandatory lesbian posted:

the exp all sucks rear end tho, it divides exp by 6 instead of half like in gen 6

Oh okay :v:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Do wild Pokemon not run out of pp in gen 1? Took forever to catch a lvl 3 jigglypuff because it chain slept me :doh:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is there some cool teambuilding helper that will tell me about meta strategies I have no answer for? I'm so bad at this :ohdear:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

GlitchThief posted:

I'm curious what people will be doing with their collections when Sun/Moon comes out. Will you be transferring them in right away for use or to avoid wasting pokeballs on redundant captures? Or will you leave them in the bank to worry about after completing the main game?

I will transfer in my complete living dex as soon as it gets me the shiny charm. Before that I'm gonna go through the main game with only new pokemon. It's gonna be great!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Internet Kraken posted:

Legendaries suck.

If you count megas this changes a lot though.

Shaymin is literally the cutest pokemon what the duck

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That Axew is a murderer and you should put it in jail. (Inkay got the easy way out)

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Zore posted:

Yeah, I got like 20000 BP by leaving a couple hundred pokes int he bank.

Its really nice and lets me actually deck people out with good items, change abilities etc.

:stare: what the duck? I have a complete living Dex in my bank and all I've gotten is a couple bp. What am I doing wrong?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Aaah, I get it. I though you got 20k at once :v:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I've been playing blue lately, and I caught a sandshrew because that's a cool 'mon.
Then I looked up its move pool :smith:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Rockruff day evo is cool and good and my friend

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Night wolf had some pretty cool animations imo

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

McDragon posted:

what happens if two orangurus Instruct each other?

... But it failed.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Make way for Da' Maniac the Hawlucha

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I can't wait to force my pokemon into unpaid labor in the pelago coal mines

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Jangmo-owns extremely hard and is guaranteed a spot on my team out of the 9 I want to use.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Combusken looks like a dick and balls and that's funny. He is therefore a good pokeman

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Has smogon existed since gen 1?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Everything is slow in alola because they learn to chill out and enjoy life as they mature. All fast pokemon are very immature

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Question:
I'm playing Moon, but would like a daywolf on my team. What would happen if someone traded me a rockruff egg from sun? Would it still evolve into a nightwolf?
I don't like to use traded mons, they level so fast.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Your Computer posted:

The form is decided upon evolution, so it would be OW THE EDGE form.

If you have a friend with Sun you can level up a Rockruff and trade it to them before evolving it, then have them evolve it for you.

Great idea! My best bud grabbed sun so that should be doable. :dance:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
What's the best way to level up before the elite four? The team I've taken through the game cannot beat the champion so I need some replacements.
I could probably do it if I handicapped myself by turning off set mode and used all my money on revives to brute force it. But that feels like admitting defeat, and I'd rather buy clothes. :sparkles:

For the curious: I've used Incineroar, Bruxish, Mimikyu, Salazzle, Minior and Vikavolt.
I'm thinking about replacing Minior, Bruxish and Salazzle with Golisopod, Pyukumuku and Kommo-o. (I really hope pukey will work as funnily as I'm thinking, like a toxic landmine)

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Dizz posted:

I didn't get much out of my Kommo-o unfortunately.

I got walled hard by the snorlax. I'd put in Salazzle and use toxic, but I'd only get one use out of it because he oneshot her. Then he'd use a full restore and I had no one who could take it out before getting wiped.
I've taught Mimikyu embargo to stop that fat bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Got this chaining for a HA dratini. :saddowns: