Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I know I'm late to shiny chat, but my shiny Vaporeon has every ribbon from Gen 4 to 6, and she is clearly super stunning.

I don't have too many other stories to tell about my shiny hunting, aside from the very first one I ever caught was an Onix back in Crystal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I have a personal beef with Milotic, mostly because it being straight up "the Most Beautiful Pokemon (TM)" is sort of a rude way of getting people to like it?? Especially since I find it kind of whatever a design.

It's basically my equivalent of how many people dislike Lucario and/or Greninja for being Too Special, except way more of a minor deal.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Garbodor is unironically a cute mass of garbage. Please protect this smelly friend.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Zorua and Zoroark are cool illusion foxes, and their movie is way better than Lucario's. Well, if only because the Zorua movie is practically a nod to Steins;Gate. :v:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Lucario has fists and a heart of steel.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I still like Hugh, if only because he totally represents the kid who tries REALLY HARD to be cool. He has his own edgy backstory where he's on his journey to rescue his little sister's Purrloin, he has his own action pose in battle, and treats the MC as if they were just his sidekick.

However, the game goes out of its way to prove that Hugh's... Very much misguided. Down to the point where the people who HAVE been keeping the Purrloin he's been looking for, actually never gave that much of a poo poo about it. The poor kid is basically, well, a very passionate boy.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Internet Kraken posted:

What kind of idiot hates Doublade, or the rest of the Aegislash line for that matter?

A person who clearly can't understand the coolness of a sword that wields a shield as a sword. Also Steel/Ghost is a pretty slick typing, too.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Gladion exists so people can finally have that edgy angry rival that they've been clamoring for, ever since Pokemon got too nice with your Wallies and your Tiernos.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I can't believe the glasses lady was Prof. Umbrage the entire time.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Hating bipedal Pokemon is dumb and rude.

Real Pokemon trainers learn to accept every Pokemon. Even ones without legs.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

You know it seems like they always try to make the fire starter the "cool" one and go out of their way to show favoritism (two mega forms for charizard, an early release for mega blaziken) but what's interesting about Greninja is that when they designed it they probably sat down and said "what if we made the water type the cool starter instead of the fire one this time?"

I think all the Kalos starters are pretty rad, though. Then again, making a starter set based on RPG classes is a kickin' rad idea.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I went Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, Black, Black 2, Y...

And probably going Moon for this generation. Lunala is a cool and rad bat, and it helps that, since I play video games at night mostly, I'll have day time stuff to do. :v:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The beauty of Pokémon is that yes, someone can and will insult your favorite Pokémon. Very passionately at that.

That is why I don't like posting about the monsters I like most, since they consistently result in people just throwing mud at them anyway, unless someone else brings them up. :v:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Wartortle is a cool as hell turtle, and is my best pal.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Evil Eagle posted:

Wartortle is also evolved.

Oh, I thought just not-fully evolved in general. Ignore me.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I always liked Masquerain, if only because as a kid, the moment I realized where its eyes made me go "No wonder it has Intimidate!"

But then I'm one of those dumbasses who doesn't really care whether or not the Surskit line remains Bug/Water, so what do I know.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

But the 6th Gen starters' sub type are Fighting/Dark/Psychic...

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

It's 2016 and I can't believe Dr. Zaius has lived in Hawaii this entire time.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

LupusAter posted:

The sheer amount of people whining because Litten's evo is bipedal, and only because of that, is honestly baffling to me. Why is that so important?

There are some people who think Pokémon should be more like regular animals, and stay on all fours if they started out being on all fours.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Zore posted:

see the issue is

none of those are good

Turn your monitor on.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

At least I can be happy knowing if I liked any Pokemon, there will certainly be someone who outright hates it.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I remember when NetBattle, and later Shoddy Battle, were the battle sims for Pokémon.

I feel like Net Battle had a Smogon server back in Gen 3, though I can't tell you how far into competitive things were way back when. I can definitely say Smogon had a lot of traction in Gen 4.

It was only yesterday reading posts on how Scizor gaining Bullet Punch in Platinum made it shoot up in usage.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

If you believe in your partner monsters, they can become strong.

Big numbers do not matter unless you do competitive.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

less laughter posted:

I dare you to play through the game with six Unown

If Chorocojo could get through an LP with a Wooper, even an army of Unown can become the strongest.

Unfortunately, I am very lazy. :v:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I guess to be fair, the OP won't be updated with any leaked news. And if you were trying to avoid leaked information, generally, you would best avoid topics of discussion on the subject you're trying to avoid spoilers on...?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Its long purple hair reminds people of Camilla. There is a pic of said meme somewhere on the Internet.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Happiness posted:

I have snow dogs for anyone who wants them

4484-8641-1177

I can trade you one of my Beast Ball Sneasels. They have Throat Chop, among other cool Egg moves!

1032-1228-8506, aaand my IGN's Toplina!

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Happiness posted:

Everything is okay friend. All pokemon are precious.

Aaa, thank ya kindly, pal! Yer a swell bear.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Dr. Fetus posted:

A patch for Sun and Moon came out, and there's no bank update yet. It's just bug fixes. It fixes the glitches with Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento. Also fixes an edge case where Rocky Helmet causes wins when it shouldn't. But it finally fixes the bug where a Pokemon wouldn't learn Confusion upon evolving, so Kadabra no longer has to wait 5 more levels to be able to attack.

Added to this, the Shell Smash Kommo-O in the Battle Tree was edited to not have said move anymore.

Also a Hawlucha was replaced by Mega Pidgeot. Why? ... I guess someone on Game Freak's staff prefers not-penguin over a wrestling hawk.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Iris was a GL in White 1, while Drayden was the GL in Black 1.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Dragon/Ground is a cool typing for the best antlion, Flygon.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Hey, if any of you nerds happen to have a Team Orange or Team Purple dye shop in your plaza, 5* rank specifically, you should totally hit me up, 'cause I decided to make a Dye Plaza recently!

Right now, I have Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Navy Blue to show off for people to grab, so any support I can get would be most welcome!!

EDIT: Aaaand that's all she wrote! Thank y'all all for your time!

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 16, 2017

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Dienes posted:

Isn't that 7? Purple would bring you to 8 - I don't think you can have all of them at once. :(

Yeah, I had to nix Blue from my set, I'm afraid. :B If there's an SM 2 or whatever that has the Festival Plaza (AND HOPEFULLY IT'S FIXED), they'll have 8 or more.

Otherwise? I could just get Blue for that new game, and make that plaza into some other silly gimmick instead!

And by the by, thanks Ariong for their support! Having a 7-color Plaza owns imo, and I'd love to swap around my festival for anyone who needs a Team color! :stoked:

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart both put up a lot of work for the 4kids anime. The former did Ash, May, Ash's mom, and even Amelia from Slayers, while Eric Stuart is behind Brock, James and Kaiba from YGO.

I'm very nostalgic for the 4kids dubbing, because man their music is really hard to say no to, even if it hits the cheesy side of things from time to time.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

TFRazorsaw posted:

In any case, I think casting the same person as two main characters and not really making much effort to distinguish them isn't very good. Delia would be one thing, but May showed up every episode for several years. It's super weird to listen to.

It's a little hilarious to think about that, because Taylor's May voice is basically her Amelia. I admit, I haven't even touched the RS anime in a really long time, so my memory is a little foggy on how Taylor's Ash even sounded back then.

Also yes, the One Piece rap is comedy gold.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Like all things in life, any Pokemon could be seen as lame and boring if you distill them to one base set.

Or they can be cool and lovable for any number of reasons.

Be happy to like any Pokemon, even ones people take dumps on.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Flygon has Dragon Dance now, eh? Ehhh???

... I don't think Dragon Dance really helps it, but it has it now! Yay.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I actually grew to like Infernape over the course of Gen 4. Seeing it set an entire stadium on fire in the anime was pretty drat dope.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Midnight Lycanroc is pretty Knuckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Make a movie about Team Rocket's origins- No wait I'm pretty sure that was already an anime special.

Make another movie about Team Rocket meeting a legendary and them resolving to be the best villains they can be.