Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Cute things are cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nintendo missing the boat on a Blue Hearts reference. +1 if it were owned by a trainer named Linda

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

how can you guys nuzlocke? that involves not getting your favourite pokemons
Sometimes it's fun using a pokemon you never would have thought to use before. Sometimes you're an idiot like I am and don't play with a dupes clause and get to the fourth gym with 5 of the same pokemon on your team.

It's about the unexpected emotional bonds you form with that dumb ratatta you wanted to die so you could use something else, but it turns out to be your team's ace throughout most of the game.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

GlitchThief posted:

Why is it called "nuzlocke?"
The original run was a comic where the ace of the team was a Nunzleaf named Locke

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

A rare glipse into the mind of a child with autism. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxmuG9OWDm8
It's not that rare if you check this thread often

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That image came from 4chan with a story about OP knowing Masuda since high school so sure

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Crosspeice posted:

...?

Obviously not the whole thing, since the vid is only 14 mins long, but we'll soon have it ourselves.

Team Skull are freakin' great, especially their lose animation.
mabels big day is an ironic nerd that escaped from the imp zone, don't take anything they say seriously

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Maxmaps posted:

A good friend at work started his own blog about culture, language and design in Pokemon and would love some input as well as topic suggestions. I loved his first article so I figured I'd share it and ask here if anyone can come up with topics as well. http://www.pokescholar.com/
Wouldn't the lowest hanging fruit to be starting with mythical pokemon from Gen 1 and going over their relgious/folklore inspirations?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ヨー、ヨー (Yo, yo)
来てください (Please gather round)
ミミッキュのラップだよ (It's really Mimikyu's rap)

ピカチュウじゃないよ ミミッキュだよ (I'm not really Pikachu, I'm really Mimikyu)
さみしがりやの ミミッキュだよ (I'm really just a lonely Mimikyu)
おひさま おひさま ちょっとこわい (The sun, the sun, it's a little scary)
まっくらなとこが 好きなんだい (I like the kinds of places that are really dark)
みんなと なかよくなりたくて (I want to make friends with everyone)
ピカチュウのマネっこしています (I'm Pikachu's imitation)
このお洋服 似てるでしょ? (Do you really think I look like one?)
てづくりなんです すごいでしょ? (Isn't it really neat that it's handmade?)
めくっちゃだめだよ ぜったいに (Flipping it over is really NOT a good idea)
見たら 呪われちゃうかもよ (If you really see what's underneath, you end up cursed)
おばけじゃないよ ミミッキュだよ (I'm not really a ghost, I'm really Mimikyu)
大きなツメで きみを守るぞ (My huge claws will totally protect you)
10まんボルトで お役に立つぞ (My Thunderbolt will totally help you)
頼れるポケモン育つから (I'll grow to be a reliable Pokémon)
あなたの仲間にしてください (Please let me be be friends with you)
友達になろう ミミッキュだよ (Becoming friends with you, I'm really Mimikyu)
さみしがりやの ミミッキュだよ (I'm really just a lonely Mimikyu)

おばけじゃないよ ミミッキュだよ (I'm not really a ghost, I'm really Mimikyu)
友達になろう ミミッキュだよ (Becoming friends with you, I'm really Mimikyu)

Kind of sounds like it's sung by the same lady that voices Pikachu/Chopper

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

dungeon cousin posted:

Yo someone made an English version of Mimikyu's Song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEa7dr-JV8
I can't believe theres people who actually try and mimikyu Lillypichu's voice

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Someone from 4Chan got an early copy of the game and ofc 4chan tradition says doubles names the starter, so we're off on a new adventure in Hawaii with "Fake and Gay" the Rowlet. I'm kinda afraid to repost the screenshots but I've got them saved

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Never let 4chan decide your pokemon's names. Nothing else posted so far except a couple screenshots of boring stuff.

e: Leafage is just grass-type Ember/Bubble and it's physical. Just a replacement for vine whip on weak grass types

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 7, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

mabels big day posted:

The gengar thing too?
as fake as you are

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The dude finished up the main game then dumped the whole cart, so the game is out there now. Still waiting for actual release date, but I think I knew less about X/Y going in which was kind of nice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Are there dumps of all the outfits and hairstyles yet? That's all I really care about in the leaks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Decus posted:

Yeah, those ghosts aren't dicks though. Look at Dartix's hair flips and then try to tell me it wouldn't go intangible mid-flight and laugh.
You're saying that the balloon ghost that tries to carry children away to hell isn't a dick

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That's what the manga's for

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fun Times! posted:

Would getting Sun/Moon on Black Friday with the $99 Mario-edition New 3DS be the cheapest way to get this game and an up-to-date 3DS? I stopped playing handheld games when the original DS came out so I'm pretty out of the loop.
Yes, although the 2DS might be cheaper on Black Friday and works functionally the same except it's just an ugly brick. The 2DS is already priced at $99 so it should be a little cheaper

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fun Times! posted:

Is the 3D bad?
No the 3DS is great. But the 2DS doesn't have hinges so it looks ugly as sin

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Serebii.net: We are aware that the game has leaked but will not be playing the game using illegal methods
Serebii.net: Here we are at launch date and I have discovered a list of all pokemon, locations, alternate colors, and move sets.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

jwang posted:

You know, I never really realized it until now, but drat the PC is creepy as gently caress. Constantly smiling, staring, never blinking...

I think your mom wants you out of the house just because you're creepy as gently caress and she doesn't want to deal with that poo poo anymore.
They remind me of the Animal Crossing villager from Smash Bros. Just the unblinking face of a cold-blooded killer.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm trying out the new Carnival hub for online. The first player I talk to is a soul-less looking girl with bright blue eyes from Japan. After I finish talking to her, her departing message is "I like bad things"

e: Wait all of my guests say this

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 19, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I think I'm almost finished at the first island and my team is Dartrix, Litwick (From Island Scan) and Drifloon and I haven't even caught a Mimikyu yet. Looks like I'm going for an impromptu Ghost run.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Where does one Island Scan? I must've overlooked it.
It's on your menu in the second screen. You scan any QR codes and it will give you a random Pokemon, or you can scan Specific QR codes to unlock the "Seen" in the Pokedex. After you scan 10 QR codes a rare pokemon will be added to the encounter list to a route somewhere on the island, and after you battle it once it disappears. After scanning the first 10, I think you have to wait 2 hours before you can scan again meaning it takes almost a full day to be able to do another Island Scan.

On Island 1 I've caught Litwick and saw Chikorita, and saw people mention the other 2 Johto starters.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

So Pokemon Moon takes place 12 Hours ahead of you, right? I checked the clock and the time is set properly to 3PM but it's the middle of the night in-game, and last night when it was midnight everything looked like it was late evening.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I regret letting pikipek evolve
Pikpek's third for is great though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sun/Moon seems to be a lot more morbid than other regions. The Slowpoke entry mentions people cooking Slowpoke tails which is what we stopped Team Rocket from doing in Johto but here it's just a thing?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Is using a Vullaby even worth it since it doesn't evolve until level 50 something? What the gently caress Gamefreak, that's when Dragons and Pseudo Legendaries evolve not regular birds.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Before I leave the first island, where do you show the girl the Rockruff? I remember seeing it before but I can't remember and I've already visited all 3 Pokecenter.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

She's somewhere on route 3 around the bridge I think. Also you made me realize I forgot about her and the drifloon person. :(
Drifloon girl gave me $10,000 and it turns out Rockruff girl was a guy all along

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:stare: Full-scale Onix riding

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Waffles Inc. posted:

Looks like you can 'Send to Professor' from your box, and you get candy that raises stats (IVs, I guess?)
Just straight up raises stats to make up for that +1 HP from Bulbasaur, and the fact that it's easier/less taxing to catch wild pokemon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ROFL Octopus posted:

That’s the truest gen 1 throwback :haw:

That’s stupid.
Was tabbed out but I think it was just idiot-proofing like "Do you have someone who can EASILY beat Brock? If not, here's where you can catch one!" I didn't see them answer "No" to the question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Waffles Inc. posted:

I'm getting a little annoyed at the prospect of having to buy so many more Pokeballs than I would ever normally need because I'm gonna miss even on the easiest ones
I live in a small rear end town so I'm thankful that I don't need to drive five minutes out and sit at a graveyard for 30 minutes just to restock on pokeballs