Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

cams posted:

if they go to a seventh generation and still keep the HM system in the game i will be very disappointed
Good news, indications are that HMs have been replaced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Zore posted:

Yeah,

Its only resisted by Tyranitar, Terrakion, Carbink, Diancie, Mawile, Klefki, Lucario and Bisharp.

Downside: 4x fighting weakness.
Don't get hit I guess.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It's supposedly fire/dark, not fire/fighting.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I know tsarina means Princess but what's the pun otherwise
Steenee and tsareena are plays on Mangosteen, the fruit they're based on.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

They said that they were developing something for the Switch, not that it was necessarily even a Pokémon game, much less a mainline game.

I imagine that this generation will be a lot like Gen 5 where there Game Freak starts to put spin offs on the Switch while any additional mainline games this generation stay on the 3DS.
I'd bet on the gen 4 remake being on the 3DS, but we'll see gen 8 on the switch.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Water/poison for Marenie. It's a sea urchin.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Toucannon looks very solid. He can learn brick break, bullet seed, and rock blast too.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Type Null/ Sivally's distribution makes me laugh.
The UB distros are indeed weird as hell.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Please don't abandon your friend, popplio.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I'm stealing this, but TiDALM@STER is really good too.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wait did the game come out today? I thought it was tomorrow?

Australians.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

I'm sorry, but leech life got a buff to loving 80 power, what?

Is this real? Like, wow. Time to go grab my shiny golbat from leaf green.

Yep. Leech life is a premium bug move now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Electric Lady posted:

I've got an incredibly stupid question.

When I first got the game, my bestie specifically warned me not to use Wonder Trade because "it's just a bunch of hacked Pokemon and it'll get worse as time goes on."

Later that day I believe I heard or read somewhere (this is definitely third-hand knowledge and I can't find anything concrete confirming it) that there is a very serious penalty for having a hacked Pokemon on your save file - specifically I heard that attempting to save in a Pokemon Center while hacked Pokemon are present in data permanently freezes your game and keeps the cartridge from booting up again. Naturally, this has made me nervous and afraid to use Wonder Trade or even the GTS.

Is this just a load of crap that I heard and took for reality? Wonder Trade was one of my favorite things about XY, and I remember it gave me a great way to give away 4IV/etc. runts of the few Pokemon that I actually tried to breed to be competitive-ready. GTS would be fun to use, too. Sorry for this ignorance but thank you in advance.
Nah. There was a bug with a hacking tool that was loving with its user's saves, but that has nothing to do with any pokemon you may get from wonder trade.