Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I don't they've done in store wifi distribution since gen five.
Closest they had was that idiocy with McDonald's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

they did one this year with mcdonalds. hoopa maybe

Which is what I was referencing. It wasn't actually anything physical at the McDonalds that was distributing the Hoopa, it was still on nintendo's server. It's just that Nintendo's servers checked to see if the SSID you were connecting from matched their database of McDonalds before they gave you a Hoopa. If you changed your local Wifi to mach a McDonalds one you could get the Hoopa.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

how does it decide wht kind of ball your shedinja goes into

IIRC it will only use a base pokeball.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

http://twitter.com/CSU_Bromo/status/767582430718943232

Charizard has some moves.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm pretty sure Eevee is supposed to be a fox. And the rest are canid-like barring Vaporeon and his hosed up tail.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Just checked, it has them all.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"Hey! C'mon C'mon! Get Serious!"
I really hope he gets Fire Punch so that the Busta Wolf can get Buster Wolf.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Blue's VA was... bad, everyone else was at least okay.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"Your entire operation is finished here. Now leave!"
"What?"
"DID HE loving STUTTER!?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Where as the old-style "Go into the store with your 3ds and download it" distributions had infinite quantity as long as you went there in the usually generous timeframe. The current distributions are both time limited and demand limited, stores only get a certain number of cards and sometimes they run out by the second day, and I'm not going to make a 2 hour round trip on a "maybe".

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I've called ahead and had them run out in the hour it took me to get there before. It's easier to just get an extra code off a friendly goon :shrug:.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Veks posted:

https://youtu.be/ciqAkdXQ9dw

Starter evos, Join Avenue is back kinda, Mega evolution is back too, Ash Greninja is in.

"Greninja became Ash-Greninja!" "Who the hell is Ash? I told you to call me WEEDLORD."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also if we're getting another punch and kick fire man, can we get some better physical fire moves for the main game?

Please?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I can get down with that dragon! Is the second type fighting?

It looks like it yes. Same color and It looks like the correct Kanji.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Personally I just consider it a +1 for my fabulous all male Pokemon team that I'll put together some day.

Shaymin will be a honorary member

I mean, she's evolved from a fruit and fruit are literally the female parts of the flower. It's not too out of left field.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah he's supposed to look like what happens to oil when it mixes with water and it goes all rainbowy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Scald is still a TM annoyingly.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

Yeah, it looks like it.

Along with Zygarde having a cell forme you hunt down the bits for, I have a feeling you get the Legendary prevos fairly early and part of the plot is powering them up to help take out some UBs.

Especially since the island Guardians are getting their rear end kicked in cutscenes by UBs.

Particularly since there's a new pokeball that seems to be related to the UBs that also looks sorta like what might be Solgaleo's pre-evo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Pentaro posted:

New Generations, p much the Aqua side of last episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskTlUZyF_A

As long as I have this blue orb, Kyogre will do my bidding!
:downs:

"GO KYOGRE! DESTROY EVERYTHING!"

"Hey Matt how's it going?'
"Kyogre's destroying everything."
"....oh."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Amppelix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBp1quVhbjo

More pokegen feat. the world's cutest Chancey. I like what they've done with the pokemon noises in this series, I really do.

I'm disappointed they didn't go for an easy "Normal isn't affected by Ghost moves" joke. But I agree on the pokemon noises, it's easier to understand the intended emotion when they aren't just saying the same three syllables in different cadences.

SpaceDrake posted:

When people complain about the English VO, part of it is the translation of the script itself. There were a few points I was like "well, it's perhaps not inaccurate to the Japanese, but..." and ofc it also has that age old chestnut of the animation and lip-flaps being built for Japanese and the English VO needs to struggle around that.

ADR has advanced enough that it's relatively simple to modify lip flaps, particularly for dialog scenes. In dynamic scenes it usually doesn't matter.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

"This game looks pretty normal, nice comeback from the Mega A-what the hell :stare: "

"Yeah this seems pretty in the bag I wonder if the Arcanine's gonna pull out some Close Combat hax and somehow win the oh my what happened to the chat window?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The guy who won the battle quits pretty early, after that it's only the guy who lost and a rotating cast of new chatters who come in to gawk as the url made the rounds and call the guy an idiot.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Also I thought Lycanroc had vital spirit/keen eye. No guard Stone miss on a fast poke is going to be insane.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

Jesus on Vikavolt, 145 Sp. Attack and 43 speed?

:psyduck:

I mean I guess he'll be good for the main game where you outspeed everything anyway, particularly since alolan poke's seem slow as poo poo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

Midnight Lycanroc has No Guard as its HA.

Jesus Christ the maniacs

e: does it learn focus blast too?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

Oh poo poo, and Salandits are only 12.5% female, it's another drat Combee

Yeah I'm not super stoked about that, I was looking forward to using awesome SPATK focused poison-fire lizard.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

Tyrunt does not get the cool new Psychic Bite type move.

:(

there's a psychic bite move? Who gets it?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Did they nerf protean too then? Is our long national nightmare of Talonflame and Greninja finally over?

Countblanc posted:

Lmao holy moly, grats to Staraptor for reclaiming "best route 1 bird"

gently caress yeah Staraptor.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I imagine Fire/Ice is just named "AUUUUUAUAUAUHHUAUAHA" cause it can't actually say it's real name when it's screaming in pain eternally.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Have they revealed how you get hat-pikachu yet?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

the XP Share is still a toggle between "is on for everyone" and "is off for everyone" right?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

"Hit me trainer! I need to feel powerful!"
"Why do you always make this weird Zygarde?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zore posted:

The bigger issue with Azurill was

Which was finally fixed in Gen VI

Also Nidorina and Nidoqueen still can't breed because...?

They've gone through menopause.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Maybe next time don't build a team with such a crippling weakness to one of the most powerful attacking move type?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Did they seriously put the move relearner right before the elite four?
:psyduck:
My Marowak has things to do, and ghosts to whack.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I think I made some kid's day last night, I was trading out a bunch of adamant Jangmoo-o's that were rejects from my breeding program and got a bunch of route 1 mon's in return.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Where would you put the 100 points on Mega Staraptor though? SPATK would be pointless, and boosting his attack any higher than it is would be pretty ridiculous. As much as I'd love to see something dumb like an Aerialate Return on a mega staraptor.

e: Pompador bigger than the sun.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 8, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

Remember that mega evolutions lose their item, so if they're not gaining a big offensive ability they need those huge stat gains just to keep their attacks from getting weaker. And Staraptor already has an ability to power up its most common attacks--if you gave it Aerialate you could just straight up dump +100 Attack on it and Return still wouldn't hit as hard as Reckless Choice Band Brave Bird on regular Staraptor.

I like megas that explore new niches, too, so you could do something like +50 Attack/+50 Defense with Intimidate (allowing for double Intimidate shenanigans), play up the tankiness of an Intimidate mon with Roost that still hits hard enough to scare things off.

Eh, Not everything needs to be "but how will this play in doubles." Sometimes it's nice to just have a 'mon that's good for casually playing through the game.

All the neat dudes I decided to use in SuMo are so ludicrously slow and evolve so late, I'm just glad that the berry farm has given me more sitrus berries than I know what to do with.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mega Seaking's ability is Multitype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Because who wouldn't want to fist-bump their Pikachu?

I love the expanding mushroom cloud in the background while the trainer dispassionately holds up his arm like a falconer.