Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

My top 10. I didn't actually realize that I like Pangoro's design that much until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Pokemon Sun and Moon's plot is gonna be a custody battle between Guzma and Aether boss lady for Lillie and the edgelord

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

If instead of a regional Elite Four we get to fight all the Elite Fours on vacation I'd take it

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Mizuti posted:

I'm stunned by Brionne's ugly dress.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Re: the pokedex, no Bellossom???

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

After 6 generations of picking Water starter I might actually get a Fire one now.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Komala has the same base Attack as Incineroar :stare:

Also Mimikyu has nice usable stats. I was gonna put him in my team regardless but woo.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

Yeah, given that I haven't seen mention if it yet, am I to assume Alolan formes don't come with stat changes?

Alolan Sandslash's description mentions it being tougher and slower than normal Sandslash iirc.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Unaware got nerfed. Only works when attacking now. RIP Quagsire.

This is funny because Pyukumuku gets Unaware. And it's got 0 damage moves.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I wanna have Punchdragon on my team but I'm concerned he'll only appear at, like, the game's Victory Road equivalent.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

Your concern is basically correct.

Goddammit.

Komoo-o is cool so I'll probably still sub him in once II get him but before that I guess I'll use Fabtrio in its slot.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Rowlet during the starter pick ceremony is the cutest thing :3:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Sun version is supposed to have a normal day/night cycle, right? It's nighttime where I live now (and my 3ds' time is set accordingly) but it's daytime in-game.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

kukui for best professor

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

The Fire trial is the best trial I've encountered so far

The Poison trial, you mean.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

someone awful. posted:

is this mangosteen pokemon any good, i'm levelling it because i think it's cute as heck but i want to know if i should brace for disappointment or not

Tsareena hits like a truck.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Ratoslov posted:

It's worth noting that you don't need to use the QR codes from the game. Any QR code will produce a random pokedex entry.

I think not all QR codes work? I tried using Etrian Odyssey's Guild Card QRs and they gave me nothing. Might have to do with their size. Most of the ones I got from googling 'QR code' works though :v:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Where can I find Mallow? I thought she was supposed to be in her room during the day but I didn't see her there.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

According to Serebii, that battle's a Moon exclusive while Kiawe's a Sun exclusive. :shrug:

:what:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Man Po Town is too real.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Walrus Pete posted:

He was one of the Elite 4 in Unova. I only recognized him because of his dumb name, he looks completely different.

I saw Grimsley on a leaked image and didn't actually realize it's him. I'd thought he's like, the Ghost-type captain or something.

also why is he wearing white full-length kimono to a beach

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

When did Masquerain become stronk

(yes i know he got buffed but I still didn't expect it to be a threat)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Can anyone who's using wrestle cat and robin hoot confirm this as true? Are they murder machines like mermaid seal?

Wrasslecat is bulky af, hits really hard and also learns Leech Life.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Anyone used a Dhelmise? I caught one and it feels underwhelming so far.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The dungeon between islands 3 and 4 is too long and boring and angsty.

On the other hand, the best battle theme.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I beat the game :toot:

I didn't really mean it but somehow my team turned out to be full of Pokemons that are hard/annoying to catch. :v: Incineroar is a pain train and has been really great throughout the game but I have to give the MVP award to Mimikyu, who's swept so many battles with Swords Dance I've lost count. Golisopod's ridiculously tanky and his ability's worked pretty well with Mimikyu since it gives him an easy switch-in. I was pretty happy with Raichu and Ninetales too since Nuzzle were Aurora Veil are quite useful at some points. (Nuzzle is especially good for catching Pokemons because SOS is a pain when you're just trying to fill up your Dex.) Dhelmise was kind of a weak link for me, but I kept it since I really like its concept and design, and at least it got to shine versus one of the Elite Fours.

The last trainer battle was pretty tense for me since three of my dudes are weak to Stealth Rock and their health got low pretty fast. The clutch moment in the battle was Raichu holding on with 1 HP against Ninetales' Ice Shard, so he could Nuzzle her and allow Incineroar to outspeed her with Flare Blitz. If not for that, who knows, I might've lost that fight. (I was left with a low-HP Paralyzed Mimikyu and a Golisopod who's gonna switch in to a Stealth Rock, so the odds weren't that great.) The AI teams and tactics are noticeably improved this time around and I'm definitely liking it.

Now let's see if post-game is as painful as I've heard!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Haha wanna know something really funny. I got my own Riolu and gave it a Soothe Bell. Spent like 30 minutes spinning the stick in the egg hatching place to raise it's enjoyment and then put it in the front of my party for fights so it can get used in em.

It's now level 60 and still not evolving. Haha this is such a funny video game.

Riolu only evolves in daytime, maybe that's why?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So I wanna try making a Mimikyu team and this is what I've got so far:

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Disguise / Jolly
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Golisopod @ Choice Band
Emergency Exit / Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- First Impression
- Leech Life
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Misty Surge / Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
- Taunt
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Defog

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Clear Body / Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Thick Fat / Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Beast Boost / Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
- Electric Terrain
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

The original idea was to use Golisopod's ability to allow Mimikyu to switch in, set up, and sweep. Tapu Fini is thereto block statuses, Metagross is a beatstick, Mamoswine is my Stealth Rock setter. Xurkitree I'm not sure about, kinda want to replace it with Incineroar as a slow U-turner for Mimikyu but I feel like I need a backup sweeper.

I haven't really played competitive much so some help would be appreciated :)

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 26, 2016

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Xurkitree here reminds me of one of those car dealership balloon guys.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

kojei posted:

Hello, thread. I have a problem.

As you can see, I have a PC Box simply overflowing with Rowlets. Frankly, none are particularly good, and only a handful are female, but they are all carrying Destiny Knots.

If you'd like one of these Rowlets for yourself, add me at 2337-8002-5560 and then send me a PM with your FC and whether you would prefer a female or male Rowlet. If you don't care, just your FC is sufficient. It'll be first come, first serve, and once I'm out of Rowlets, that's it. I'll update this post once I'm out of owls to hand out.

I don't have PM, but I'd like one, if you don't mind? My FC is 1306-7818-0434, 3ds/ingame name Jerome. What's your 3ds name I can register you with?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

kojei posted:

Name is Kojei.

Alright, registered you. What's your ingame name? And I can give you a Mareanie in return, if that's cool.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

kojei posted:

Still Kojei. Don't need anything special, already got a Mareanie.

Strange, I don't see you in the plaza.

e: Ah, there you are. Thanks a bunch! :)

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Nov 27, 2016

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-485049997

My Mimikyu team's shaping up nicely. Mimikyu's not really the star of the team anymore I guess but I think he's a great tempo swing tool. Also made bad plays here and there but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

And I love Tapu Fini so, so much.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

tbp posted:

would anyone be interested in like a 101 breakdown of smogon tours / history of them / past winners or anything like that? if so i'll write a fairly tryhard one that should still be accessible, and for me, tours were the big reason to stick with the game and community

Me! Me!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

https://twitter.com/ssalrobyul/status/802514235506839553

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Wonder how they'll handle ubs going forward. Boring limited time only gamestop event code legendaries? Or will they figure out a different way of fitting them into Gen 8 and on

Hoopa was probably created so they can easily fit in random legendaries into any future games.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

My friend went to Japan so my sis and I got some Alolan plushes through him. :3:

Pick your starter. Popplio has been replaced by a superior choice.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

So what the gently caress is the deal with brutal swing? Is it just completely useless? A 60 BP move that hits both pokemon and your own in doubles. Great :geno:

Justified, I guess. Though that still sounds gimmicky.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Thunder Wave is a good replacement for Volt Tackle if you want to catch stuff throughout the main game, since it prevents SOS calls. Nuzzle is probably better but you seem to have forgotten that move already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Is it just me or do the avatars look older this time