Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

heres my team for alola

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zoness posted:

strike 1 was lando-t

strike 2 was chansey

you struck out on greninja.

sorry that your favourites are all bad and mine are all great :smuggo:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's pronounced like 'combi'.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

actually

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

HoneyBoy posted:

Get items online to transfer to your game like revives and rare candies and vitamins

You can also spend them in-game at an NPC but the prices are double what they are online.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

can you spend battle points online too. i think the site is down

You only spend BP in-game.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I have a shiny rear end in a top hat.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zoness posted:

at least gen 2 didn't have an ice cream cone

or a bear that should definitely get a flu shot

or a whatever the gently caress avalugg is supposed to be
it's a table you bigot

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

no it's literally a table, you can put them in your secret base

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Arceus distribution says "With a special flute, Arceus could be encountered in the Hall of Origin in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl." Why are Nintendo allowed to spread these lies?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Because they are a pokemon that exists.

gen 6 is very badly coded

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zore posted:

There are a weird number of abilities that are 'another ability but way worse'

Guts vs Toxic Boost, Thick Fat vs Heatproof, Dry Skin vs Water Absorb, Storm Drain/Justified vs Lightning Rod/Sap Sipper/Flash Fire, Early Bird vs. Vital Spirit/Insomnia

Isn't Storm Drain identical to Lightning Rod but for Water instead? And arguably Heatproof is just worse than Flash Fire unless you're doing something crazy like Heatproof Weakness Policy Bronzong.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thought I remembered something else working like Justified, must have been thinking of the items like Cell Battery. Rattled does but that's it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

zubat is fine as is, also i think it might somehow still be the only poison/flying line which is like, whoa

Weezing is poison with Levitate which is just kinda better.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zore posted:

What I dislike the most in Pokemon is the weird divide between status effects and almost, but not quite, status effects like Confusion, Attraction etc.

The ones that stick are physical ailments, the ones that don't are mental. Easy!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Qwfish is actually good in a low tier for being surprisingly bulky with intimidate and spreading hazards for days as well as absorbing t-spikes.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Cerony posted:

Yeah, I haven't kept up with the show other than seeing the league final because of hype but this is along the lines of what I've been hearing. Apparently the Team Flare conflict is supposed to be the resolution to all this rather than the Pokemon League which is kinda weird since the league is usually the last big thing that wraps up the main story.

Well they hosed up BW hard so I guess they want to do the surprise team plot right. With a shittier team.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

As opposed to Flareon and Jolteon?

Whatchu saying about my good friends Booster and Thunders (who is not Thunder, which is not Thunder the move)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tangela. Like what even is the point of it? What is it? Easily the most forgettable Pokemon in gen 1, like it's a gen 2 quality design. Catch it, box it, forget about it until Tangrowth comes along a decade later and becomes good a few years after that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

How rare are EV reset bags? I don't think I've ever come across one.

They show up way more often for fully-trained pokemon. I think they mostly come from hitting the empty bag.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's no seasons in gen 6. Deerling and Sawsbuck retain whatever season they had when they were transferred and can pass it on through breeding. All wild Deerling and Sawsbuck in gen 6 will be permanently Spring.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Honestly, they should just remove the whole IV system. There is already more than enough variety with over 700 species of Pokemon and a bunch of different moves and natures they can have.

If they got rid of IVs or made it so all Pokemon's IVs are automatically 31, cheating would practically vanish overnight. It's kinda like prohibition. People are going to drink alcohol whether it's legal or not. If you can't beat em, join em. That said, Nintendo is a Japanese company and they are always super stubborn. IVs made sense when the Internet wasn't a very big thing and nobody expected actual Pokemon competition. They will clutch onto that 20-year old game design for dear life.

I know, right? Nintendo is really, really bad at making actual competitive games. There's another Nintendo game series out there that people like to pretend is a serious competitive game, but I dare not mention its name because it's huge a can of worms. You all know what I am referring to, though.

Yeah gently caress F-Zero.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

The Victini that is now available does not know V-Create. Bulbapedia claims that there was a Japan-only serial code giveaway of Victinis with V-Create. I wonder if gen 7 will allow it to be tutored or something, or it will remain an event-exclusive move.

This matters, of course, because I got to decide what nature I want mine to have.

Why would Victini get Rayquaza's signature move?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

greatn posted:

Is ditto the mother in breeding? So if you used a master ball on one you could have most Pokemon inside a master ball?

Ditto isn't the mother for anything in breeding where it matters, and what Bongo Bill said.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Never once did this happen.

When you talk to him while he's lurking outside the lab he literally just boots you away.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

blue had a goddamn pidgeot

and now mega pidgeot is loving awesome so joke's on us

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

*hurricanes u, doesnt miss*

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sukamon

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh yeah there's one other good Digimon

Edgemon

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Nah, the evil scientist that controls the laser doesn't even fire the laser until you come along so he can be a dick and give you an option of two buttons that do the same thing of firing the death laser.

excuse me he does give you a legitimate option, one of them turns the death laser off

but he has a remote control and turns it back on anyway

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...yes, it means upside down as in "the up side must be pointed down". I'm laughing at face down. Is that rude? To laugh at that.

you've just activated my trap 3DS

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can get every gen 1 except Koffing and Weezing in X/Y so lol @ u

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Look at this guy

There is no way this guy isnt evil.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

in Y it's a death beam so lysandre's loving dead

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

I hope that Alolan Exeggutor is still off screen on whatever they're calling Poke-Amie this time round.

Plenty of the pokemon we already have are too big for the screen as it is.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Golem should have been really fast and named Bouldadash

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can get Mew without an event from gen 4's My Pokemon Ranch IIRC.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The pixies are boring but they're a loving nothing. The genies are aggravating in a special way somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it'd have like 12 resistances if it wasn't loving ice type