Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

My man Alola Oak.

Wonder if any other characters will get Alolan variants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hopefully Eevee can use it too along with a leaf stone now so Gamefreak doesn't have to keep putting in those ice and moss rock areas.
Go the whole way. Dusk stone for Umbreon, Dawn Stone for Espeon, Shiny Stone for Sylveon.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm still bummed out with Game Freak having the perfect set up with Porygon Z and squandering it in Gen 6 by having no Porygon X and Porygon Y.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Bank to ORAS, Blissey bases.
This is the single most easy option, but if you don't have access to ORAS, the three star cafe in Lumiose is the best place in Kalos.

Grab a decent Lv 100 dude, enter the rotation battle with Exp power and go from there.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

call me when it's luigi.
There is a Luigi chu to go along with that line of Pikachu merchandise.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Alternatively, implement a hard mode, but have any starter you get in hard mode have it's Hidden Ability.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hmm. Looks like I need to track down a reckless starly/avia/aptor.

I wish there was an easier way to track it down than horde battles.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

After breeding some pokemon with potentially decent shinies like Froakie, Machop and Beldum and getting nothing, a shiny Starly popped out.

It was modest with the wrong ability and trash IVs.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm super bummed they made yet another Grass starter sort of poo poo.

I don't get why they'd write about how fast it is in it's info blurb on the official site and then give it lackluster speed ingame. Game Freak continues to make no sense.

Will probably still use it in the campaign though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

At the very least, Wrassle Cats rumoured stat spread is nice.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Is there a chance that he is Battle Royal themed?

Red, Blue, Green and Yellow are the colours used for the the Battle Royal.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Reading the game text dump.

A lot of plot fluff but some interesting stuff in here.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

What do you mean?
Along with the stats and the moves and stuff, the entirety of the games dialog has been dumped.

It is of course stupid long, so no one in their right mind would read all of it, but if you search with words you can find some interesting stuff.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Zore posted:

Also, I was wrong.

Crobat got +10 Attack, +10 HP and Merciless as a HA.

Crobat is uh, pretty good now!
Man, combined with it's ridiculous speed and Leech Life buff, Friendship Bat is powerful as gently caress now.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh I meant what was interesting cause I am too lazy to go through all of it.
It's taking a while to get through it, so not a whole lot as of yet.

Seems you can trade shards for bottle caps, and maybe rarely fish them up somehow?

Strange Souvenir is in the game, but seems to be as useless as ever from what i've read.

Saw how the Zygarde Cube works too, it's kind of strange.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dehry posted:

Wow. They've got quite the story for Looker and why there wasn't a battle frontier in ORAS. womholes :science:
So they are doubling down on the stuff they put forth in Delta Episode then, cool.

Dancing birds can change between the forms with use of certain items. I assumed they stayed the specific form you catch them in, so that's cool.

Edit: It doesn't seem that that Unova E4 member cameo is related to whatever is up with Looker.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

so this is another new dimension from the previous new dimension

can't wait for crisis on infinite pokemons
Nah, it's the same as the previous one.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

It looks like if you like the look of the clothes other players are wearing in Festival Plaza, you may be able to order some of what they are wearing for yourself at some point.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think he means more the patches of flowers differing encounters from X/Y over another Feebas situation.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I prefer the other Pikachu one:

https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/796576408785002496

Honestly, between this and literally throwing the mouse for great damage, Pikachu did well this generation. Raichu even got thrown a nice bone this time.

Good times all around for the mascot line.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Decus posted:

Apparently terrain extender doesn't actually work on rooms.
Wait for Gen 8 when "Room Extender" is introduced in a little sidequest involving the machop line and empty house plots.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Should be just under an hour and 20 minutes now for us here in Australasia.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yup. I need to track down someone that'll supply me a Litten.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I feel like the low pokemon count on the trainers is some sort of countermeasure against the fact that if you try to catch almost anything it will do the best it can to call its entire extended family and its long arse list of friends into battle before it will give you a chance to throw a ball at it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I have found wild Ditto, but it has lead to the darkest of lariat situations.

Edit: This route sucks for catching anything. The other things on this route I can catch is something with self destruct and Beldum.

Edit 2: Beldum can call for help. gently caress my life.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 19, 2016

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, but I want to catch all these things. Got a Minior and a Beldum in a pokeball.

Just need to catch 2 Ditto and I can make progress.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Your Computer posted:

I've been fighting this Wishiwashi for like 20 minutes what the actual hell is going on.

Someone said they can't call for help if you give them a status effect but this thing keeps calling for help even though it's asleep :negative:
If it's the one i'm thinking about, it's like the one pokemon given a 90% SOS rate.

Just kill the encounter and grab a Wishiwashi later.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Geez that Clefable.

If I hadn't got a lucky friendship crit with Decidueye it could have easily walled my team to death.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, that battle was fairly harsh. I got Metronome Blue Flare'd on, then in the turn it took to figure out that special attacks weren't going to work on it it threw up a cosmic power.

Threw up another in the switch and at that point it could moonlight away more damage than I could put on it. If I hadn't have gotten a lucky crit with Decidueye, that fight's first pokemon would have effectively shut down my whole team.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ugh.... the last Ultra Beast is being a pain.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Slapping mons is definitely still in SuMo.

If the slapping motion doesn't trigger it any more, poking definitely does.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

To be fair you can literally have 10 Zygardes so it's not that big of a deal to trade him out, especially since most people will not bother to collect all 100 cores to make him the final form. Are you even allowed to use him online/in battle tree?

As for UBs you get 4 copies of some of them as part of the story so nobody's gonna miss their lowest stat lovely nature pheromosa

Edit: Wait when pokebank opens can we transfer the old "50%" zygarde and get a complete one with only 50 cores? Because I'm never collecting 100
You can breed some castforms now, GTS them for Zygarde and convert whatever isn't already an amalgamation of 100 cells into the spare cells you need to make your own 100 cell Zygarde.

Like, I collected the 100 cells in my copy of Sun, and then did the GTS thing to get a second 100 cell one to get a Dog form one.

Just make sure you track down the 5 or 6 cores that act as move tutors for Zygarde.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Oh cool. Shaymin and Hoopa don't revert when placed in PC's anymore.

Also Furfrou doesn't either. Which finally makes the hair cuts not 100% useless.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Ooh, where can you get Furfrou a haircut in SuMo?
Where ever you can get hair cuts.

Irritatingly, it looks like i'm going to have to track down another two hoopa for my alternate forms group of my living dex.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Along with Notched Ear Pichu forever being trapped in HG/SS.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/824209309353541634

Yes.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

False alarm on the Shaymin/Hoopa/Furfrou thing. They stay in that form in the box, but revert back when you bank them.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I didn't bother trying Battle Royal until now and good lord is it some bull poo poo.

My Max IV, Max EV Adamant Infernape using a Iron Fist boosted Thunder Punch could not even do 1/3rd of an opposing Vaporeon, which had no hold item that would affect it, had no ability holding it back, and having Infernape be the first move of the turn.

Like it has all the normal bullshit you'd expect from a battle facility, but i'm not sure how it's calculating things to so heavily gently caress me over like this case.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ruggington posted:

252+ Atk Iron Fist Infernape Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 182-216 (39.2 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Yeah, I saw that before. I can forgive them for that.

If stuff could stop kill stealing and being psychic with the protects, it'd be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

God drat they better cut out the dynamic camera angle bullshit for battles next game.

After ending a fruitless 400+ chain of Rockruffs, I decided to start chaining Bagon to try and get a low level Salamence. About 30 Bagon in i'm doing internet stuff and checking in on FE Heroes. I check back in on the chain, and give it a good 30 seconds to make sure I'm not going to kill anything shiny and make an attack.

Camera angle shifts to an actually useful view of the battle as it shows me killing off a shiny Bagon. So it spent 30 seconds giving me stupid zooms and swirls on my trainer, my pokemon and the left opposing pokemon, never showing me the one on the right.

Thankfully shiny Bagon is not anything I really care about, so it isn't as big a loss as if it were a Rockruff or a Mimikyu or anything else i've put decent time into, but it annoys me that it could have been avoided if the camera just stayed focused on the important parts of the battle instead of the stupid other fluff it homes in on.