Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So Alola Rattatas are dark types and in their description are compared to a crime mob running amok in cities with Alola Raticates being compared to mob bosses.

Yungoos was brought into Alola to deal with a pest pokemon problem, and Gumshoos is literally a detective mongoose.

We've got rodent crime wars going on in Alola :allears:

poo poo I didn't even catch that, that is brilliant though. Throw in some Honchkrow and Scrafty and make it a flat out gang war. that'd be sweet as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody know how I can find hidden ability murkrow? I'd like to breed a female in a luxury ball and finding these things is insanity.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

bobjr posted:

The worst rival is the one is R/S because they just sort of did nothing and disappear halfway through the game.

Weird thing about R/S or at least the remakes; the team leaders felt more like proper rivals then actual villains. Not bad per say but very odd. And yeah whoever you select as your rival in game May/Brendan is pretty bad as far as rivals go. Wally kinda sorta steps up to the plate at the end, but for that fun antagonistic relationship the team leaders fill that niche pretty dang well.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HoneyBoy posted:

Those are good but then you have like

Aerodactyl and Sharpedo and Tyranitar

My favorites ones are probably Abomasnow and Banette, more Megas are good rather than are bad

Mega Banette is loving glorious and should have been a final evo. I can say the same for gallade , scizor, medicham and mawile. In some cases mega evolution actually finishes a design and gives it what's desperately been missing. In other cases it looks like they went to the bargain bin and stapled a buncha glitter n' poo poo on there. Mega Garchomp's kinda a mix though. The spikes are a bit much but that jaw is terrifyingly good.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Zombie Guy posted:

When I'm breeding 'mons, is it more important that they have a beneficial nature, or strong IVs? I've hatched about 3 dozen of the same critter so far, and I'm willing to settle for 1 or the other instead of waiting to hit both.

Get a solid nature first preferably on the female. Work on IV's as you go. Do you know how to use a destiny knot and a everstone?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

season 4 was the worst with it though; instead of having one bonus form over the others the main two dudes got three more forms two of which required them to absorb the powers of the other kids

I may sound like a bitter old woman, but what sticks with me the most was that girls were rarely if ever in the special kick rear end snowflake groups. it was alway give up your powers for the greater good or some poo poo so spiky haired dude can have enough power ups to fight this evil motherfucker right here. I got tired of it really loving fast. Like after the last time it happened my eyes rolled out of my skull into orbit and I just gave up the series right there.

Bancholillymon is still a boss though. Wish she'd actually show up in something outside of the cards.

edit: Although to be fair to Adventure the ending battle truly was an equal experience for everybody. That was a bomb rear end ending.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 5, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

And Machamp is walking gunshow but that's a different story.

psst why are we comparing these guys again?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I have no idea how anybody liked that season myself. It wasn't as horrible as it could be, but still very bad.

It was MegaGargomon that ended the D-Reaper. Justimon and Sakuyamon hit it, yes, but it regenerated just fine a second later, making their attack pointless. I remember this much because of Netflix.

Tamers was the high point in the whole series. Best writing and characterization and then it went downhill from there. Spose' Lovecraft isn't very marketable in the long run.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Aether lady is giving me strong Ragyo vibes. I may be off the mark but I think Lillie and Gladion are her kids and she experimented on both of em'. They didn't much like that poo poo and ran away. Lillie became Ultra Beast 01 and Gladion stole an experimental pokemon to get back at her calling it now. Wouldn't be surprised if his weird movements and shaking during battle are him attempting to suppress generic fuckery.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Emalde posted:

pokemon is for children, avoid serious narrative lest you grow to resent its absence

Meh, I could be totally wrong and he's just an edgelord I ain't that invested either way. But with all this weird experimental crap going down it ain't out of the question.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Also Lusamine has the least compassionate looking face I've ever seen on a female pokemon character who's not a villain. She looks like the world could burn down around her and she could give a poo poo so long as she got hers. Very jazzed to have a sciencey villainess this gon' be good.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Pokemon is dreadful when it tries to do serious villain plots so I wouldn't get your hopes up either way. Just enjoy Guzma while he remains a goofy gangster.

The last decade must've been hell for you.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

X/Y is the only time they've really tried to do a main villain that had a really serious, dark goal. I mean B/W and their sequel had the whole "pokemon slavery" thing but that was just a facade for Ghestis being your standard bad dude.

X/Y. Team Flare itself was goofy at the start but Lysandre was presented in a very serious light, and his goal was very dark for the series. It didn't work at all of course.

One of the rumors thrown around my school as a kid was that you could do something to get the space station at Mossdeep to launch you on a rocket to the moon. That's where you could catch Deoxys! :downs:

And Cyrus having a mental breakdown and attempting to unmake creation then getting dragged to poke-hell by poke satan was a totally light hearted romp. Ghestis was in no way a standard bad dude, he was a cult leader who on more than one occasion attempted to personally murder children including his adopted son. This has been a running theme since Gen 4 what series have you been playing??? Lysnadre's pretty much par the course at this point.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 6, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ruggington posted:

good looking evo lines this gen

I half expect Lusamine to just start flapping her hair like a pair of wings then drift off majestically into the horizon.

mabels big day posted:

Maybe its just a coincidence they all have blond hair and green eyes.

Must be.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

GlitchThief posted:

I skipped so many generations. It sounds like I've been missing out. I was pretty keen on Team "Baby Boomers That Cause Global Warming Then Apologetically Make A 10 Year Old Fix It".

Yeah Ruby and Sapphire are pretty great. My favorite villain teams by far. :3:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about

Most characters if they're going to be good guys are drawn with a perky warm expression. Hers is flat out creepy. Hence I think she will be a villain. That's it. That's my point.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

You need to read the thread title, friend.

Also I hope we'll eventually get a shoe Pokemon, with gender differences/evolutions. So either high heels, or lumberjack boot.

That would be the best Pokemon.

Agreed. Moar inanimate objects please.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

But she isn't drawn creepy

She's happy and smiling

Her smile is creepy and her eyes look dead. This is a matter of opinion so feel free to interpret her however you like but I stand by what I said. She looks like she's planning some awful poo poo to me.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Kukui is married, but Guzma is still your boy

To whom? Like I think I've heard this before but seen zero evidence where is his wife?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody here have a klefki with a careful nature? Stats don't matter all I need is the nature. For that matter I'll even take something that can breed with klefki. I'm having a hell of a time breeding this one.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zodack posted:

I mean, yeah, but...

That voice with that body - plus Zygarde Snake Form got those interesting animal noises.

Welp that was dumb and predictable. Now we can look forward to Ash almost graduating then failing at the last second. What a time to be alive.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 16, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

He went to Hawaii and changed his name to Samson and got a tan probably

Giovanni's eyebrow game got fierce.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

I know people aren't taking too well to Ash-Greninja but it doesn't mean the entire forum is hosed up.

Hey least the fucker's optional. I can ignore his existence if I want. What I don't understand is the people hating on poor Popplio. For godsakes if the lil' dude wants to be a pretty princess I say let em'.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Y'know since we're getting a fragrant mangosteen queen I hope we get a smelly durian king in spiny armor. That would be the poo poo.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Their source is a reddit post that starts "Most definitely fake, but..."

The art quality is dramatically different. And by different I mean those others ones look like poo poo. So yeah fake.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

poo poo is the exact same art quality as 2/3 of the real final forms though. leak confirmed.
Mmm, yeah no. The linework is sloppy as hell compared to the chinese leaks, but whatever floats yer boat dude.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I like Greninja, dog! I like it a lot! I just think Ash-Greninja is loving dumb in a bad way.

This Waffleman knows what he's talking about. Frankly I loving hate Ash and I'm sorry Greninja got dragged into his awfulness. But hey! Demo is optional, I can pretend this nonsense doesn't exist. That really works for me.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

FishBulb posted:

When the demo comes out on Tuesday we will probably know for sure about the starters right? That'll be nice. To be done with all this speculating

I'm looking forward to the pokedex finally leaking so I can build a team like the giant obsessive compusive nerd that I am. Though some poke's have already got a space on the squad. I don't care what he evolves into I love mah baby Litten and I will be a good poke mom.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Incidentally, despite the wording of Bruxish and Tsareena's abilities being different in English, they have the exact same wording in Japanese. So the question is at this point, do they affect priority moves, or just the attacks?

I've been seriously puzzling over this. From what I've seen Bruxish's ability make itself immune to priority. Tsareena's however might be a field altering ability. As in during doubles for example, nobody on the other side is a getting a priority move in. There's also the question of how either effects Prankster or Gale wings. It's very hard to tell. Once they've been used in battle maybe someone can specify the details.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

oddium posted:

ash-greninja is extremely good

Greninja's fine it's the other bit that rankles me. Also the implication that Ash is the one giving it away like. Yeah I fuckin' lost with this thing here you take it. Like gently caress me if he wasn't repellent enough. I hope his pokemon escape from Oak labs and start their own civilization the hell away from him.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I too am angry about a slight by a fictional character that only exists in my mind.

Aren't we all. :j:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

jarbv posted:

it looks awfully nippley

Ur the nippley one MISTER JARBV. :colbert:

But yeah, sea anemone possibly water/poison. Wonder if it evolves?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

jarbv posted:

whoa that did not look like a anemone until you said it... i thought alien nipple monster

now i want a seaweed monster :sigh:

Eh, the day is young. Who knows what the datamining will reveal. Frankly I just want a ghost/fighting type really drat bad.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaine the Train posted:

Alola Tangela, Grass/Water. :3:

Oooo! That would be good! Stick some little seashells and crabs on it when it evolves and it's perfect.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

We can only hope that the datamine walls hold steady in these dangerous times.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

:same:

I actually love Popplio's line way more now that we know it's singer/mermaid themed and not clown themed.

Dude I know! And I might be an outlier here but I love all these guys always have. Litten is my precious kitten son and if he grows up big and stronk and starts chopping people in the throat I know I've raised him right. Popplio can be my beautiful mermaid boy because gently caress the haters. I'm gonna save rowlet for my third run through and name em' Ezio.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Infinitum posted:

lol if you don't name him Hawkeye

B-but he's an owl. :(

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dexie posted:

I'd be more upset with less than 100 Pokemon if it weren't for the fact that most of the revealed ones so far are really loving good.

I agree quality over quantity. Last gen was loving superb from a design standpoint and this one's been pretty drat good too. I'd rather they keep making smaller batches with excellent design then bigger ones padded out with crap.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Holy poo poo wimpod just got on the squad whatta beast. At last! I've finished my two teams for sun and moon. What a glorious day! Team Pretty Princess and Team Murder Face are ready to go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So what you're saying is we can catch Guzma. Hum. I can roll with that.