Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Calaveron posted:

I just got Alpha Sapphire and I want to know what are good and strong Pokemon to have in my team

I know it's kind of a cliche thing to say, but I really like the Ralts line. You can catch one early on route 102.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

XY and ORAS have the perfect Pokemon game mechanics if you combine them.

Like, if you mixed dress-up, skating, and a wide selection of Pokemon with soaring and Dexnav it'd be amazing.

That's why I'm so excited for gen 7! It can all be perfect this time!

Please Gamefreak: For the love of God don't remove these great features for no reason!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Geostomp posted:

I have no idea why they ever tried to make someone murdering everyone poor for no reason at all sympathetic. If there had been a Z, I assume they might have tried something more, but succeeding in salvaging Team Flare is an uphill battle at best.

Lysandre: I'm so sad that I'm about to murder 90% of the population.

Shauna: So are you going to stop trying to murder people?

Lysandre: No, I'm not that sad.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Txn posted:

Any nickname suggestions for slugma?

The slugma in question:

Slugmantha

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

We've literally seen him say "It's your boy, Guzma!". That's all I need to see to love him.

Seriously, I wanna join team Skull.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alright, so I heard something about Pokemon Uranium and I need to know if it's true or not:

Is the final boss really your own dead mom? And if so: can you really catch your own dead mom? Also, how did your mom die in such a way that she turned into a Pokemon?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dexie posted:

Jynx was surprisingly good in Gen I! So were Articuno and Lapras!

Oh man, Lapras kicked ASSpras in gen 1 and 2! She was my designated dragon slayer and her ice beams of power served me well.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

mabels big day posted:

A fart ball. That pops out gas when it opens. lol

Decus posted:

Is that a new pokemon idea?

No it's Koffing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zuzie posted:

Zoroark and Zorua are kind of a sad case. Game Freak really wanted to recreate Lucario's popularity so they made another bipedal canine and made them super rare in Black and White. In order to actually get one of each in your game, you needed to transfer special legendaries like Celebi and Shiny Legendary Beasts from the Gen 4 games through a special method exclusively for these Pokémon and activate events with them in Black and White.

Then at some point they must have realized that the only Pokémon that could fill Lucario's shoes was Lucario itself. So later games came out, Riolu and Lucario got more and more prominent (you can catch wild Riolu before your first badge in Black 2, White 2, X and Y) while Zoroark and Zorua got more and more "common". They were "demoted" from special event requiring legendaries (Black and White) to being given to as a gift (Black 2 and White 2) to being available in the wild late game (X and Y) to being available on the first route after unlocking the national dex (Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire).

Wow that's a lot of words for Pokémon I don't really care for that much.

I really do think that making Zoroark/Zorua event Pokemon is what killed their popularity.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bobjr posted:

So what is your favorite gen 1 pokemon?

Paltypussy.

Where is this from? How did this wonderful thing happen?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bobjr posted:

So what is your favorite gen 1 pokemon?

Oh my God I just noticed that both Ditto and Grimmer are named Flubber.

This is a gift that keeps on giving.

Edit: Poliwhirl is Cuddles and Poliwrath is Angry Cuddles

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I feel like I'm blanking on something here:

I am breeding a male and female Espurr, the male has infiltrator and is holding an everstone and the female has keen eye. Why is every new Espurr coming out with keen eye? I though everstone was a 100% pass down nature?

e: nm I'm dumb I'm confusing abilities and nature.

If you have a female pokemon and a male pokemon of the same type breed the baby will always have the same ablity as the female.

Ya gotta breed that male with a ditto.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

alcharagia posted:

literally every new design makes it more ridiculous that team flare was supposed to be the fashionable team

come the gently caress on

I really hope this cool lady is the real villain.

We might finally have a female bad guy boss! I've waited so long!

Emalde posted:

Is this the work of an enemy Stand UserPokemon Trainer?!

I'very said it before and I'll say it again: Team Skull is the best team.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Solumin posted:

What is Rusty Venture doing in Alola?

He's built a machine that's powdered by the heart of a Pichu.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffleman_ posted:

Have you ever wondered what Brock's doughnut recipe was? Wonder no more!

I have been wondering this my whole life, thank you.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alriiiight!

I bet she's the token nice member of the institute who has no idea of the evil experiments they're conducting.

Or maybe she's the worst one of the bunch.

Either way I love her design.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Elfgames posted:

Ok so type: null has me interested in the connection it has with Sinnoh so i'm gonna drop a bunch of dumb predictions Maybe giratina isgoing/has gone wild and since nintendo won't release the azure flute nobody can summon arceus to stop him so scientists decide to make their own arceus by liike combining all the pokemon DNA and after getting a few mew and ditto they Create Type: Null sadly not an Arceus Also there's A Zstone for every type And a plate for every type So i think they'll be related and maybe used to power up Type: Null. And maybe when Arceus Holds A Zstone it makes judgement into a badass typed Zmove

Also i think we'll be Getting Zmoves for Roar of Time and Spacial Rend maybe refined from the Lustrous and Adamant Orbs

And i think the littlest edgelord stole his Type:Null from the lab after reading silver's book Professors always leave the windows open or how i got a chikorita and you can tooI

Good thing I have 3 Arceus(es?) thanks to trades and the event give away!

And with help from the Pokebank I could slove all of Sun and Moons problems as soon as the game starts.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DoctorWhat posted:

Suspect is hatless. I repeat, hatless!

I have dreamed of this day.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is stupid.

Whoever made this is stupid.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Filthy Haiku posted:

I actually like both xernas and yvetal a bunch and people stare at me like I have a second head when I say that. They're my favorite box legendaries

They're my favorite too! Yvetal is so cute in pokemon amie :3:the god of destruction loves to have his fluffy chin scratched.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just to be clear: These are all confirmed fake by the guy who made them.

The starters might have alternate forms, be these aren't them.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ya know, Day Wolf and Night Wolf are both starting to grow on me.

I really want to know their names and typing. I think if Night wolf is Rock/Dark and Day wolf is just Rock I might go with Night Wolf. But if Day Wolf is Rock/some else I'll probably go with Day Wolf.

They're both good doggies though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ruggington posted:

here's some fanart of my favorite under-appreciated pokemon

No joke, I love that dude.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I am unreasonably annoyed that werewolf dog is not half dark type.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Love this stupid punk.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HopperUK posted:

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.

I have a shiny Mawile named 'Bad Hair Day".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Until he becomes champ the gen 1's rival's Blastoise's only water move is loving water gun. He's got a decent team but honestly he's not that tough.

He has mad style points though.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh my god, I love Brionne so much. The other second starters look good too though.

I wish they'd just go ahead and confirm the third forms, they know we've all seen the leaks who do they think they're fooling?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ka0 posted:

I'm glad we can all agree that 4's deviantartesque plot of destroying reality is the worst story.

Story aside, the distortion world was still really cool looking.

I hope they use the female protagonist in Pokémon generations when they get to Gen 5. She's rad, and even though I don't watch the anime it still kinda annoys me that she was never featured in the anime.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 8, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hmmm, maybe Gen 8 could be in Poke-Canada? Or maybe Poke- Brazil.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Apparently there are Volcanion codes available at Gamestop, I just now heard of this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tsareena is my girl. All hail the fruit queen.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aerdan posted:

Why do the flower-types always gotta be 100% ♀? Men can be florists too, sexist Nintendo.

e: my tsareena's Xena.

We don't know for sure if Tsareenas are always female. Lots of feminine looking Pokémon can be male (Gothelle), and lots of masculine looking Pokémon can be female (Machamp).

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It always kind of bothered me that ice isn't strong against water. Water smothers fire, fire melts ice, and ice freezing water would make sence form a perfect circle.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

My guess is it's either water/grass or grass/electric (because it's glowing) and you find it under water.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welp, that's it: Team Skull is officially the best team ever, all other teams go home we have a winner.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That's a pretty major oversight.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dexie posted:

Remember when Black/White came out, and Joe said his entire team had import copies, and were playing through to get us information about the game ASAP?

Remember when he said OH LOOKS LIKE THE GAME DOESN'T GIVE YOU EXPERIENCE UNTIL YOU FINISH THE TUTORIAL?

Remember when he like, got to the first gym without getting any experience for his Pokemon, and then someone figured out that was copy protection and Joe and his team were playing ROMs and not import copies?

Good times.

This Joe guy sounds kind of crazy, but I admire his spirit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mermaid seal is real, and my friend.

Popplio's final form is my favorite, but these all look pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Looks like the Toucan Pokémon is real after all.