Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

White Treehollow has trainers with Chansey and Blissey, best place to grind in all of Gen 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Chill Penguin posted:

I named him Bubba Klump and will hyper train him in beautiful Ahola

Much funnier than just calling it Aloha, props

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bakalakadaka posted:

Is steamrolling the elite 4 the best way to farm money in ORAS or is there another way to get money?

Refight the Rich Boy, Lady, and Gentlemen trainers for the highest money in the fastest time. You can get an hour-long Prize Money O-Power that triples money winnings from your secret base as well.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

They allowed Legendaries because this is the last time Gen VI is going to be in the VGC. Next year it'll be Gen VII and there'll be a new meta with normal rules.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

mabels big day posted:

Where the gently caress do you get Slugma that early

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Primo#Generation_IV

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Speaking of berries, a friend of mine recently managed to get 999 of every berry after starting the process early January. It was the only reason he felt like playing Gen 6 postgame at all. I have to commend him but I also have to wonder what the heck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Reshiram and Zekrom, Yveltal and Xerneas, what is their role in the theological cosmology of the universe and what do they even matter in the face of the confirmation of the existence of a creator god.

They look cooler.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It's called the Order Pokemon. It's based on balance. It's right in-between the others. Gosh...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I for one look forward to when Zygarde will help me ascend to a higher plane of existence.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Kelp Plankton posted:

dont forget its once per game

get all your victinis and swim in a pile of them. they dont have v-create so theres not much else to do with them

They should allow tutoring of V-Create the same way they do Secret Sword and Relic Song.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

GlitchThief posted:

Possibly dumb question, but is there some Mewtwo-equivalent Pokemon I should be saving my Master Ball for in ORAS?

Deoxys if you want to catch it during the EPIC STORY rather than KOing it and waiting after so you don't have to worry about cutscenes.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I use Mega Pinsir for an Aerilate False Swipe so I don't have to worry about ghosts. That's just me though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

What if everyone is evil and you are the only force of good in this whacked-up world.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Kelp Plankton posted:

yeah and judging by the heart theme odds are pretty good it's going to be dragon/fairy imo

More likely, it'll be Alola's source of Heart Scales.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

Where did it go?
Where did it come from, UB-0?

I cannot handle this, you're great

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The Zombie Guy posted:

In OR, how long does it take for a trainer you've beaten to want to battle again?

Need to score a Destiny Knot off that couple on the boat but they haven't dropped it yet.

Screen transitions have a chance of triggering it. Just go back and forth for a while on your bicycle. If it doesn't work, keep trying. Once you get the rematch, save before fighting them and reload if you don't get it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Senerio posted:

I, for one, do not consider my pokedex a living pokedex without all this.

I have everything except multiple Deoxys, and I could really get those at any time I wanted by auctioning off any extra legendaries I have on the GTS. And of course I'll be making room for Alolan forms once that happens. It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but a fun one.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Why would the Corocoro say The Starters And Rockruff Have A Secret if they don't all share the same secret? That's just bad marketing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Keep in mind that they're running these weekly through the end of the year. That's, like, 15 shorts total.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Gammatron 64 posted:

You could, but it was in the movie sidesquest thing.

People are probably talking about the Black/White Kyurem fight before Ghetsis, but I don't know if I really count that since you can go and catch it later.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

https://twitter.com/therealzef/status/778674806900330500

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Manatee Cannon posted:

some people really don't like megas and half convinced themselves that they wouldn't be coming back

I posted that tweet solely to shut those people up. Have a nice day, friends. [It is a true tweet, but also I wanted to shut them up]

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

:siren: Throw in the code Darkrai20 in any game you didn't already get a Gamestop Darkrai in and you'll be able to get it, no strings attached. :siren:

Source: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/darkrai-returns-for-a-short-time/

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm not sure but I think Genesect might actually be next month's distribution, re-ordered for no real reason other than making him a special GameStop boy.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

notoriousman posted:

I only own Y, is Hoopa-Unbound and the Prison Bottle OR/AS exclusive? Can you change his forme and trade him back to X/Y?

Yes, it's exclusive, and no, you cannot bring it to X/Y; Unbound Forme doesn't exist in the codes of the old games. It goes back to normal whenever you put it in the box, anyway.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

A cool trailer with a lot of features I wouldn't have expected. But man, that last part has gotten everyone into a ruffle. I wonder how many will avoid playing the demo out of "principle".

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

mabels big day posted:

Wow, they really did just straight up not put Megas into the game... I was right. It's for the best really, that they don't have Mega Evolution in this game.

I hope you get past your first stage of grief soon.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I put more hours into Diamond than I did any other Gen 4 game. I simply did not know there could be a faster game on DS. It's true what they say, ignorance is bliss.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I hope the next version is Stars so it can be SMS.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'd use Volcarona for egg hatching but I don't want to sully its Special moveset with Fly. That's just wrong.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Golden Goat posted:

People thought that?

So are we just guessing they're dark because they've got black in their color set?

The only justification for any Dark-type.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I can't believe Pokémon requires the same tactical knowhow as Tetra Master.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Sockser posted:

Can I use more than one Volcanion code in my game or will that just burn it to no effect?

It won't work, you'll need a second Gen 6 game to cash that code.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Don't forget move descriptions~

That's been a feature for a while, but this is the first time they really tell you in-game how to actually access it. Which is, yeah, they should do that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Redeye Flight posted:

So I'm trying to assemble a living dex, and I've grown kind of sick of fighting the crowd at the Chateau to level dudes up.

What's a really good place to level up a gripload of Pokemon in X?

If you don't want to leave X, Restaurant Le Wow is pretty good. Your EXP Point Power won't wear off since all the fights are linked through cutscenes, using Prize Money Power will have you make back the money you spend to initiate the battles... You just have to be wary of gimmicks. Do Triple or Rotation Battles for the most bang for your buck.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

GameXplain's Q&A said they don't remember HMs being given so they probably just didn't know what they were talking about here. It's an easy enough mistake to make.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

A Pokémon named Tsareena that has skill in martial arts?

If you don't name it Alena, I don't know what to think of you.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bugs are neither good nor evil, with their hiveminds and whatnot, so they don't give a crap about the most Evil of types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Vernatio posted:

Chiming in to say I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.

It's the only correct name.