Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
^ I'm hyped for Hyper Training because it means I'll be able to make my decade+ old monsters competitively viable (Morning Sun Scizor from XD among others)

Good OP, but you're missing that big-rear end effort post that dude made about how to transfer Pokemon up from previous generations. People ask about that poo poo like every 4 pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Can we ban the "subjective opinion presented as objective fact" meme from this thread? Thank you all for your cooperation.

e: why isn't there a word filter for "Cool and Good" yet?

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 19, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

mandatory lesbian posted:

how bout i ban your rear end

how bout you sack up and settle it like a real trainer, in battle? day one, name your format :toughguy:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The only shiny i ever encountered was a Graveler. Thankfully i had a damp Psyduck with me who i was levelling up, switched him and prevented a selfdestruct. I named him Bubba Klump and will hyper train him in beautiful Ahola

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Hey thread, I'm re-playing XY right now and have a problem- I am raising a Murkrow and a Lampent but only have one dusk stone.

Who's more worth it (my party's already pretty balanced between physical/special and typing)?

Don't you have an Eviolite by now? Just evolve whichever one you think looks cooler at its final stage (Chandelure)

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Ultra Beasts = Fusion

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
So who does Muscquito fuse with/transform into/stand for?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ruggington posted:

hmm

is this too long for a thread title

Pokemon: If you've ever seen an animal being flayed, then it's easy to see the parallels

?

E: I'm going to name the dogs Day Bud and Night Bud

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Maybe you'll be able to summon the UBs like how the big kahuna Pokémon (or whatever they're called... Gumshoos, Fat Mac Raticate, et al.) can summon helpers. There's no way they'll let you capture humans. Unless they bring in some kind of XD-esque "purification" mechanic where you can turn them into actual Pokémon.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Level up, not evolve. Read, comprehend, post.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Tropius would be the best pet. Fly, Strength, Harvest, etc.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
The Sharpedo surf animation is cool, but my HoMies ended up being Doublade with Rock Smash/Cut and Relicanth with the water ones, plus Yawn, both of whom were wonder-traded to me.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Space T Rex posted:

a throbbing pile of trinkets.

*Slams buzzer* What is a man, Alex?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Emerald had the right ratio of battle formats. Like 2/3 single, 1/3 double, and 0/3 rotation.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Does stuff like Cloud Nine, Entrainment, Simple Beam, etc. work against the Primal weather bullshit?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
It's Golduck's time to shine

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Eviolite Lickitung's time to shine :P

E: Lickitung can learn Dream Eater and Nightmare(via XD tutor) but no sleep-inducing moves...?

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 22, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

qnqnx posted:

As a matter of fact, eviolite has been removed in S/M.

Citation needed.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
In addition to a physical HP, we also need a special False Swipe. When can we expect that, Mabel?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Zore posted:

Why do we need a special False Swipe?

You don't use False Swipe to do damage :psyduck: it really shouldn't matter which attack stat it runs off.

Because I want to use my Butterfree for item finding AND catching.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

HopperUK posted:

What's the nickname you guys are most proud of? I end up naming mine after characters in TV shows I'm watching most of the time but some people are a lot more clever than that.

Natural Ice the Vanilluxe.

E: Trainwreck the Leafeon, O.G. Purp the Oddish (in VC Red, natch), Dank Souls the Vileplume, Jack Herer the Bellossom. Oh and Green Crack the contrary, lax Snivy.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 25, 2016

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

I wish there were more of these and also that weird custom art toys weren't all like $50+

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Gallade is gen 4 isn't it? Mean Look/Hypnosis/False Swipe/T-Wave

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Alolan Metapod evolves into Venomoth

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm probably gonna name the owl Grasscreed, or Shitashi if the word filter will allow it. My Noctowl from Pearl lost its nickname when I brought it into Gen 5, so we'll see.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

"Guys the Fire Tiger wrestling starter that is putting people in the torture rack and hitting Pikachu with a flaming table in the concept art is definitely not cool or good" - Someone with no brain.

The table slam better be his signature move.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

PSWII60 posted:

So I hatched a shiny Adamant Trevenant and I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to EV him. Smogon recommends a banded set but it helps with Harvest rather than Natural Cure so I'd rather do something that gives him a berry preferably Sitrus or Lum I would guess since reusable. I guess I could do a trick room set but if it doesn't have a - speed nature would that make his speed to high to be usable in trick room?

Leech Seed, Will o Wisp, Shadow Force, Protect. Curse instead of WoW maybe

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Redeye Flight posted:

Getting back to real talk, I would absolutely adore if your Pokemon followed behind you again. That said it might cause some problems now that we've moved away from sprites into full models and something ATTEMPTING to approach real size parity.

I never did try to have Wailord follow me in HeartGold...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do we know yet ifAlolan forms will count as separate Pokémon, or not? I want to train an Alolan Muk named Valdez to join my existing Muk, Exxon.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

What are these two things on the right?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
More like "Win"pod

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
A guy just swept me on showdown doubles with his Whimsicott Beating Up his own Terrakion, it was brutal.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Ruggington posted:

that's all going to change when corocoro leaks Goku-Greninja

It will go well with Gary-Blastoise and Mario-Blaziken

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'm anti-jangmo

I love the basic stage but its evolutions are off-putting, to me. We'll see how they are in motion, but for now, he sadly seems to be a Jangmo-No

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Zore posted:

Also should have kept Muk with Stench/Gluttony imo. Poison Touch is dumb :(

Poison Touch owns. My Curse/Shadow Sneak Muk uses it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Benach posted:

Japanese trailer shows bag, has what looks like a seperate pocket for z-crystals and a "Heart" pocket, Favorites?

No Alola form for Cloyster, eh?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
With abilities like Water Absorb, is it better to have high or low HP? Volcanion is cool.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do we get to fuse with our starters to take on the Ultra Beasts or what?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I hope Corsola has received some kinda buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Do we know yet how long after release Bank transfers will be unlocked?