Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rename Ice type to Glass type, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm working my way through Moon right now, and I've more or less completely ignored Festival Plaza. Is there anything in particular I would need it for? Seems pretty useless.

less laughter posted:

Ice killed Game Freak's mother, so they have an eternal grudge against it.

Ice is a tragically underused/undervalued type in Pokemon, which I've never really gotten over. Ice Pokemon are some of my favorites, but they're neither common nor typically useful. It sucks.

I still love my Glaceon and Froslass though :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RareAcumen posted:

The plaza is where the trading system is hiding.

Jesus, is that where it is? What an awful place to put it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What the gently caress did they do to fishing? All I get now are Magikarp.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Having only just now started playing this game, it's pretty funny how heavily it hints towards the inevitable Gen 4 remakes. At least they're forthright about it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Looks like Sun/Moon is the first game in a while where the two box legendaries aren't part of a trio. When was the last time that was the case? Gold/Silver?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

less laughter posted:

They're a trio with Necrozma.

Welp, teaches me to assume things before I've finished the entire game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hah, so it's another Zygarde. I hope they expand on it in the new games.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The gently caress am I gonna do with four Pheromosas?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bongo Bill posted:

Trade one for a Buzzwole and one for a Kartana. Of the two that remain, make one a physical and one a special attacker.

Rhetorical question, but not a bad idea. Didn't know there were different UBs per version.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pokemon? Lazy? No way.

Edit: I had no idea this was coming out in November. I thought this was something coming out like next year given how much we know about it. The gently caress.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 6, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

All I want is more Pokemon on the level of Glaceon, Gardevoir, Lilligant, Tsareena, Tapu Lele, Lurantis, Mismagius, and the like.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ruggington posted:

is the level just being really overtly feminine?

Those are some of my favorites :saddowns:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I can't build teams for poo poo so when I'm not trying to organize for type coverage my team is just a whole bunch of pretty ones.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Lucario was insanely popular, so Game Freak has been trying to remake Lucario for a while now, with very little success, first with Zoroark, and now with Lycanroc.

XY had Mega Lucario in that spot, so it didn't need to remake Lucario.

I thought the Lycanroc line was just the requisite dog line like in every generation? Were they really trying to Lucario it?

Also Lucario loving sucks and I have no idea why people like it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I've pretty much scraped all the content I can out of Moon (UB missions, Necrozma, half of the tapu) and I can't be bothered with the Battle Tree, so I guess it's time to just wait for USUM to come out.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Me but bottom right for all of them.

I'm glad to see that Tapu Lele is relatively competitive. One of my favorites is actually useful for once :v:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 7, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Considering it's supposed to come out in November or something USUM is probably more on the level of Emerald or Platinum than B2W2. It likely doesn't have that much extra content, prolly doesn't have a unique storyline and new player characters, and so far the only games that were direct sequels have had "2" in the name.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Supposedly there's Hawaiian in the Tapu Battle music, but all the information I can find on it is sparse. Has anyone actually picked out words from the music? It'd be pretty cool if it actually has lyrics.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hmm, drat. I can't pick them out of the track myself, so it's hard for me to verify. But it's cool if that's really there. I can hear "mana lima ikaka" when the song goes quiet at least.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zore posted:

Well hey, that makes Accelrock into an 80 BP priority rock move after STAB. That ain't nothing I guess.

Now we just need its stats and also for Tapu Lele to retroactively not exist.

Nah Tapu Lele rules tbqh.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there anything interesting in the Battle Tree in SM? Wondering what to do after catching all the Tapu and UBs.

Edit: Actually, yeah, it's been a while since I did any hardcore Pokemon stuff - so what's the commonly accepted way of getting everybody to level 100 now? Just bashing your head against the E4 like usual? I know EVs and the like can be trained up a lot more easily these days, so I can get those down.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 11, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Willsun posted:

I wrote a post further up explaining getting two 5-star Rare Kitchens in Festival Plaza as probably the fastest way to power level something to level 100. Otherwise strap on a Lucky Egg and just bash your head at the E4 yeah. Stick them on Isle Evelup when you're not in the middle of doing that and put beans in there to make it go faster. I constantly have things on Isle Evelup because I'm kinda casual about it and after a few weeks it just gets there.

e:

Oh, right, Festival Plaza. I just kinda dismissed that out of hand since it's kinda janky and not very...good? Plus it seems to be dependent on events that are being discontinued. Maybe in USUM they'll have something more interesting. E4 it is!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

less laughter posted:

:thejoke:

Anyway the only new thing is that around the 0:40 mark it makes it seem that Dusk Lycanroc is an UM exclusive, and that the special Rockruff will evolve into another form in US.

I don't actually see anything that says it will evolve into something else in US there. Am I just missing it?

Something I was wondering: why exactly do we still have the Attack/Sp.Attack split stats-wise? Why not just roll the two of them into a generic attack stat and let the moves handle the Physical/Special attribute? The only reason I can think of to make them separate stats is to allow for mixed attackers, and I can't think of a single situation where going point halfsies on Attack and Sp.Attack is ever worth it.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 12, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Red Metal posted:

i mean if you want to make walls useless, you should just say so

How would it make them useless? Special Defense and Defense would still be a thing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bongo Bill posted:

Because everything could just hit whichever of its opponent's defenses is weaker more or less all the time.

That would still be dependent on the moves that are available to them.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I guess that makes sense. I just see that there's a bit of a dead zone when it comes to physical vs. special, since all the more "valuable" Pokemon minmax one specific type of attack stat and a mixed 110/110 is considered less good than a focused 90/130. Since by definition most Pokemon aren't that heavily skewed, that means most Pokemon aren't considered to be very effective stats-wise. I'm trying to figure out a solution to that problem.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I still don't understand why Steel and Fighting are super effective against Ice.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The battling/competitive part of Pokemon ended up being kinda weird so I prefer exploring the world and getting into cool+crazy situations as the fun part. Unfortunately Alola wasn't as good at that as like Gen 4 or ORAS. I hope USUM makes up for lost opportunity.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I wonder if this is a sequel or outright upgrade.

RareAcumen posted:

Well now I kinda like Lunala.

Hell yeah, Lunala looks badass in that. Gonna go Moon again.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ultima66 posted:

smh if Popplio isn't your favorite strong friend

Is that a Mawile?

Fake edit: yep, it is. loving uncomfortable-looking one, too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh poo poo, so USUM is more like BW2? Guess I’ll get it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I think the additions/changes are supposed to mostly be postgame? Though there are almost definitely going to be some changes prior to that. The official estimate said double the story, but they are trying to sell you the game, so take that as you may.

Oh, hmmm. Sort of like Delta Episode then. Mmmmmmaybe I’ll get it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ohhh poo poo. Kinda want it more now, retreaded plot be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

PetraCore posted:

Hatched a shiny Buneary! He's male, so I probably won't be using him for what I intended to, and I'm going to keep trying for a female one, but soooo cute.

Who says male Bunearys aren’t appreciated :colbert: