Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: -1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +1| Mundane: +2
Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure | Guilty | Angry
Potential: 2/5

Well it can be very hard apparently. I'm clinging on for dear life as the stupid ant goes everywhere but where I want it to go. It charges up the side of the building! Can ants do that? Even miniature giant ants shouldn't be able to do that should they? But I'll worry about Ant biology when I'm not about to die! Now first things first, cling on as tight as I can and try to find some way down off of this thing.

Still I could see a ledge with an open window. If I timed my jump right I could grab the ledge and pull myself up before the ant realised I was gone.... no pressure.

[17:22] Ferrosol unleashing my powers
[17:22] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[17:22] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7-1 = 6
[17:22] Ferrosol man
[17:22] Ferrosol I'm the worst hero

Desperately I leapt fingers scrabbling for a grip on the ledge....

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Scene of the crime!

Servo jumps, at Megumi and Supernova's words and bangs his head off of the orb!

"Ahhh! Ow owowowowwwww! Don't hit me again Team cute!! I bruise easily!" He screams, cowering already.

Oh... okay... that was unexpected. Unfortunately as he drops, the orb starts to hiss and buzz. Oh no! The Nano-Swarm!! If you don't take action soon they'll be released! There's a number of computer terminals that could be used to do it, or you could try and mess with the orb itself!

What do you do?

Living life on the edge!

You scramble for the edge of the ledge. You just manage to get your fingers on it! Oh thank god! You pull yourself up and away from the lethal fall. But god drat, if that wasn't terrifying. Above you the ant turns around, getting ready to head back down the building. From this vantage point however, you see something unexpected.

Someone's standing on one of the nearby roofs, with some kind of control box. He's controlling the ants! He looks like he's arguing with someone over a hand held radio. While he's not playing with the box, that ants seem a lot less aggressive. You could get over there with a little bit of acrobatics. It would certainly make it easier if you could turn the ants off so to speak!

En Garde, mark Afraid

Twisting tunnels!

Feral steers the ant left, and head deeper into the nest. The tunnels twist and turn, with your ant threatening to throw you at any moment! But you emerge into a large central chamber! A massive glass wall separates this nest from the lab beyond! Inside is a couple scientists who're lying on the floor unconcious.

At a big central terminal stands a bad guy! He's got a radio in hand, and seems to be arguing with someone else. He's got his back to you, if you can get through the glass you could drop him.

There is just the teeny tiny problem of the Pratorian ant guard and the Queen who're also in the chamber.

Ah.

What do you do?

Making a mess with an ant nest.

Below Aurora and Getterman Pink the street seems to be boiling with Ants! Summoned by the pain and fear of their nest sisters. Gosh, if only there was some way to confuse them, or stun them! Otherwise it's going to be really hard to stop this many of them!

Looks like you're going to need some kinda clever plan! What are you going to do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: 0
Potential: 4/5

Servo drops the ball (literally) and cowers away from Team Cute! Take that! I nudge Supernova a bit, "I'll get the orb, you take care of Servo?" Maybe I can be hero.

I dash in and grab the nanoswarm ball, quickly as I can, and start examining it, hopefully finding an easy way of stabilizing the device. Now's my time to shine!

17:13 Ferg megumi unleash to fix the thing!
17:13 Ferg .roll 2d6+1
17:13 Platonibot Ferg: 3 (2d6+1=1, 1)
17:13 Ferg yess!
Hard Move
Marking Potential

Hey... why is this thing ticking?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +1 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +2 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 Hold: 3

Uhh, Uhh, what do I do about this? There isn't much of a street left it's only ants! ONLY ANTS! So many ants!

Hmm maybe I can distract them until the others can come up with a more permanent solution! Yeah!

Putting down Pink on a nearby rooftop, I fly up above the ants, and make a distraction the only way I know how!

Turning my wings into a gigantic, glowing heart and smiling. Hey, and it seems to work. Kinda? ... Maybe they're just blinded. It's hard to tell actually!

quote:

Time for the show: When you put on a flamboyant display of your powers, roll+Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1-for-1 to name an NPC present and choose one:
● This person must meet me
● This person loves me
● This person volunteers help or information
● This person admires my team
● This person must have my help

Time for the Show: 2d6+2 10 3 Hold, get!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Freak: +2 | Danger: +3 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5

Wow, those are some big ants. My trusty steed is rapidly becoming uncontrollable in the presence of the Queen - pheromones, probably. Fighting my way through all these ants would take time I really don't have, but there's always an option. Ever watched a sheep dog in action?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbd8D9W9_LM

Kinda like this. I can just jump from ant to ant without getting caught because my reactions are so much faster than theirs, springboard off the Queen, and then bust through that thick plate glass like I'm advertising juice.

overcome an obstacle: 2d6+2 7

The effect is temporary or unstable

Whoever the creepshow with the radio is has no time whatsoever to get over the surprise of my arrival. I steal his radio with one hand, hit him in the chest with an open palm strike that sends him flying into the terminals with a shower of sparks and stand over him with a savage gleam in my eye.

"They only called for an exterminator, but I guess I can take out the trash while I'm here."

Oh man I hope he was still awake enough to hear that, that was a good line.

directly engage mysterious foe: 2d6+3 10

tagging In a China Shop and selecting three options:

Surprising the enemy, Taking the radio, Avoiding any retaliation

I try and raise the rest of my team on my commlink.

"Hey, can anyone hear me? I've got two unconscious civilians, a bad guy and approximately all the ants down here."

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Freak: -1 | Danger: 0 +3 | Savior: 0 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: +3 0
Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Aurora Angel's Heart

Getterman Pink thinks for a moment, trying to concentrate, before calling out "I got it! Leave everything to me!"

She looks around trying to figure out how she can recreate the scent before figuring that ants are attracted to food and she grabs some food and throws it - right into the lake. Well shoot.

quote:

Scarybagels trying to provoke the ants
Scarybagels !roll 2d6+1
Krysmbot Scarybagels, 5+1 = 6

"Aurora!" she calls out; "Try to lure them with a scent of food out of the town, I think that might actually work!"

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 15, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Freak: +2 | Danger: -1 | Savior: +0 | Superior: +2 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5

"He's not a threat anymore Megumi." I glance at Servo carelessly, and yeah, he's still cowering in the corner, terrified of my very presence here. Good. Megumi is fiddling with the device, but if its as dangerous as her brother said, we should probably just dispose of it. "Megumi, we just need to get rid of this, yes? I'll handle that." I step forward, pulling out a device that looks somewhere between a radar gun, a tablet, several unusual kitchen utensils, and a several old television sets dials. I aim it carefully at the orb and start adjusting settings.

<godfist> unleash on orb
<jimmydalad> im dumb
<godfist> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfist, 4+2 = 6
<godfist> ....uh oh :V

"This is too complex to use in a fight, but since I don't have to worry about interference... I'll just swallow it in a blackhole." After a bit of fiddling, I'm satisfied, and pull the trigger. Working properly, a small blackhole should form in the center of the orb, consume it in an instant, and then collapse in on itself seconds after, at most swallowing a reasonable sized chunk of the air inside the room. And it's definitely going to work properly, because I never make mistakes. Unless it involves poorly designed human technology missing pieces that any reasonable person would assume was there.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Supernova snatches the orb from my hands and whips out one of her devices and sets to work. She seems to be... making a black hole to swallow the device! "Dangerous stuff," I mutter. And then I notice that Supernova has forgotten to switch her device from "tiny sun" to "black hole!" I reach over and flip the switch for her, then add a slightly innocent smile. It's not like I want to make her feel bad about almost messing up... but yeah she almost just messed up bigtime.

Spending a Team to bring that to a 7 :3:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 3/5

I leapt desperately clawing for grip on the window ledge. I could feel my fingers scrabbling for purchase. Then I made a really stupid mistake. I looked down. Not a good idea. Still in my panic I managed to grab a hold of the window frame and with desperate terror hauled myself up as much through force of will as physical strength. I'm ashamed to admit it but I collapsed in a heap on the floor for a bit before pulling myself together and getting my breath back. Glancing out of the window I could see the Ant I'd rode heading back for street level and on a nearby rooftop. Hmm well let's see he's dressed like an ant he's playing with some sort electronic doohickey. I bet he's the guy controlling our giant ant friends. But this time rather than leaping into action. I thought the sensible thing to do was to watch and wait for the right opening maybe I could ferret our some weakness. Some vulnerability on his part.

23:32] Ferrosol assessing the antagonist
[23:32] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:32] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+1 = 9
asking what here I can use to get that ant control thing away from him

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Feral

You smash through and punch the guy out in a single punch. Holy poo poo! You grab the radio, and you hear a voice on the other side.

"Have you quick finished playing around, you mindless dolt? The Ants are out of control! DO SOMETHING!"

In front of you there's a bunch of computers which all kinds of readouts and stuff. They look like they've got something to do with the ants!

What do you do?

Aurora

You put on a brilliant light show! Wow!

(You've got to select a target and spend hold to get any benefit from it. So, What do you do?)

En Garde

Huh, looks like that guy's massively distracted by two things, his radio, and also whatever shiny lightshow that Aurora is putting on! He looks so angry and so distracted that anything that surprises him could lead to him throwing his controller thrown into the air in shock!

What do you do?

Getterman Pink

Well, the food is gone. But somehow you managed to get some on your gloves.... why are all the ants staring at you...? Maybe you should start running.

Uhhh, run? Or what do you do? You, know, whatever

Megumi & Supernova

Okay! You manage to apply the terrifying power of a blackhole onto the ticking orb. And while the Nanoswarm isn't released. The containment field starts to do all manner of strangness. For instance, the surface starts to fluctuate and warp. In the way that something that was looking at exploding would do... Huh. Maybe you should run. Like really loving fast. Because this thing's starting to Discharge bolts of lighting off to the tech in the room...!

"No!" Yells Tenshi! As he reaches for the orb which gets swollowed by the containment field you put up. Even that drat reporter is starting to look for escape routes. He is grabbing Servo though. At least you won't have to.

Uh oh! What do you do?!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Hopeless | Afraid | Insecure[/s] | Guilty | [s]Angry

Uh oh... that ticking is, uh... and Tenshi screaming to bail - well, he definitely doesn't run from most fights, and if he's freaking out, you better be too.

Of course, in situations like those, one doesn't often have a shrink ray device that you managed to get working properly. I examine the "gun," delicately of course, and with the impending explosion - well, this could be the perfect time to test out my new device! A small nagging voice bugs me to think of a Plan B of course... but I'd never fail something this important... right?

16:59 Ferg megumi unleash genius
16:59 Ferg .roll 2d6+1
16:59 Platonibot Ferg: 8 (2d6+1=5, 2)
Definitely want this to work so marking Insecure

I point the shrink ray at the explosion and pull the trigger. No noise comes out, but sure enough, the increasingly-dangerous-looking ball gets smaller and smaller with each passing second. I breathe a sigh of relief, then shout out for everyone to hear, "Hey... I think I stopped it - er... kinda?"

I really need to work on my hero catchphrases.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

It shouldn't be doing that! Admirably worried, I hurriedly look over the settings on my device again, but no, aside from having it set to Sun before I fired, it should be working fine! Trust humans to invent things that somehow mess up how black holes work. Bet they didn't even realize it. Looking around anxiously, I move towards Megumi to fly her to safety, when she calmly fires it with the repaired shrink ray. So cool. For a human. No, focus Mavragariti. "So... is that everything down here we need to worry about?"

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Feral

You smash through and punch the guy out in a single punch. Holy poo poo! You grab the radio, and you hear a voice on the other side.

"Have you quick finished playing around, you mindless dolt? The Ants are out of control! DO SOMETHING!"

In front of you there's a bunch of computers which all kinds of readouts and stuff. They look like they've got something to do with the ants

Ugh, psychological warfare is really not my specialty. I can't really pretend to be Sleepy because I never heard (his? kind of hard to tell in that get-up) voice. Maybe a little misdirection? I stage-whisper into my new radio at Grumpy while I make sure Sleepy isn't just faking by prodding them with my foot.

"Shh, your buddy is sleeping, it'd be rude to wake him. Come down here and you can join him in nap time."

Provoking - hoping to draw the enemy in my direction or at least distract them:

Provoke Someone: 2d6+1 10

And...computers. Again, not really my thing although I guess I can wing it... Where are the geniuses when I need them? Is there an off switch? For giant ants? Maybe a pheromone override? This operating system must be older than I am!

Assess the Situation: 2d6+1 9

How could we best end this quickly?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Potential: 1/5 Hold: 3

Uh oh! There's ants going after pink! Approximately all of theeeeemmmmm!

"I think you're doing it just fine!" I yell at pink as I pick her up again, going up once more. Upon doing so I spot a guy with a little controller thing - and En Garde!

Landing right next to them, I talk to the two of them.

"Have you figured out something to deal with all these ants!? There are approximately too many of them down there! Does this thing do something about the ants? Please help! >_<"

Defending Chibi-Pink: 2d6+2 7 Taking Influence on Pink!

Spending 3 hold on the controller guy on the rooftop. Options taken:

● This person loves me
● This person volunteers help or information
● This person admires my team

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 21, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Aurora Angel's Luggage Compartment

"I smell like food to the ants; so if we can get them to catch a whiff of me they will follow the food source and head where ever we go. Therefore we can lead them somewhere where they won't hurt anyone - like the ocean! Especially considering that they will release pheromones out to let other ants know where to go" she calls out to Aurora "Also even though I know you are doing this because you are worried about me; but when we are done here today, we really need to talk about your not letting me move around on my own and personal space!"

quote:

cutebagels Gonna assess as Aurora decided that I am her personal carry on luggage
cutebagels !roll 2d6+1
Krysmbot cutebagels, 12+1 = 13
What here can I use to help lead the ants out into the water
who here is most vulnerable to me

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 21, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Ok no pressure, you can do this. All I need to do is distract him. I just need to surprise him. Shock him somehow. I have to get him Angry. Maybe if I'm lucky I can make him about as angry as I feel right now. For my second big test this has been a disaster. I''ve made a complete fool of myself and all because of a few dumb ants. Worse than that after what happened earlier. I'm scared, scared I'll fall, scared I won't be good enough scared I'm going to get hurt or worse get someone else hurt. But if I don't more people are just going to get hurt aren't they? No I have to do this don't I. Okay deep breath. I stepped out and took a leap across the gap and landed behind the bad guy. "Hey ugly! Why don't you drop that remote and fight me like a real man. Or are you so weak you have to let dumb ants do your dirty work for you?"

[23:47] Ferrosol provoking ANTagoinist
[23:47] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:48] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11+1 = 12

I smiled as I raised my sword, ready to fight. I could do it. I had too. I had to prove I was good enough to keep up. To myself as much as everyone else.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
FERAL

There's a shocked silence from the other end of the radio.... "Hello?" Comes the confused and worried answer. Then there's a scream and the walkie talkie shuts out. Huh.

Looking at the computer there does appear to be a huge red button with an ant head with crossbones. Huh. Maybe that's the one?

Getterman Pink

Oh no! Oh no! The ants were goi- oh nevermind. The ants disappear below you as you fly up! What's with this kid? She's just got her hands all over you! Still, you've got a good vantage point now.

Well, you're on the right track, a pheromone trail would do the trick. Ants are not smart, they're already trying to eat you because they think you're food! And when one ant finds food it leaves a chemical trail to guide it's colony. So how was... AhHA! A drone! With some kinda cemical emitters was just hooked onto a tree. Looks like it still worked! Maybe it could still be of some use!

Aurora

Grabbing Pink again (seriously, do you have a crush on her or something?) you fly up, away from the agitated ants. Oh! It's En Garde!

En Garde

You leap the gap and advance on the Man-Ant as he stares at his radio. Your words spook him dramatically and he screams at a pitch that as a girl, you can't help but be a little envious of. Regardless the controler flies out of his hands and falling all the way down to the ground below. Oh! It's Aurora and Getterman Pink! Aurora seems to be hitting the guy with a charm offensive, and god drat is it effective!

Aurora

You hit the villein with a little blast of cuteness. Pleading for his help.

"AURORA ANGEL! I! AM! SUCH! A! FAN!!" He squeals. "But, the device...!" He peers down at the smashed object. Well, that's going to complicate matters. But, he seems to be on your side... for now.

Supernova & Megumi

As you fly up to the surface, it's obvious that the place is in absolute uproar. There are way more ants then there was before! Where is everyone?

Everyone - what do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Flying up onto the surface, I take a quick look around and frown in irritation. What have the others been doing?! This is unacceptable, there are far too many ants swarming around the place! "Okay Megumi, I'll hold you steady, you shrink down those ants!" Since she has the shrink ray! Wrapping my arms tight around her, not at all because it makes my heart beat faster to be hugging her like this, it's entirely so I can keep her steady in mid-air so she can aim. Yes, absolutely that!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Oh hey, a button. A really lethal, final, terminal looking button. Man, who left that lying around where any idiot could just...push it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCvki-_CFmY

Time to grab these scientists, put them over my shoulder with my sleepy friend, and get out of here via the lab.

Defending Scientists and Sleepy?: 2d6-1 6

Marking potential for a failed roll

Maybe they get their heads bumped on a few door frames, but it's the thought that counts.

I try and raise the team on the comlink to report my status:

"Hey, I think I just solved the hell out of our ant problem, I'm heading back up to street level now. You guys doing ok?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

We emerge from the lab into the bright sunlight and I immediately see what appears to be the final problem plaguing the heroes - lots and lots of giant ants! I half-scream, half-shout and whip out the shrink ray. Note to self: keep shrink ray around. Very handy. I start taking aim and suddenly... oh...

Oh! Supernova has... wrapped her arms around my waist! I immediately gasp a little, red coming to my cheeks as my leader holds me steady. I freeze for a second, trying and failing to process exactly what's happening. A billion questions start to bubble to the surface... Does she... How do I... What does... - but the moment passes as the chaos of the streets shoves all those thoughts back into my subconscious. Saving the day - right!

I definitely want to focus on the ants that are close to hurting my fellow heroes or citizens - or Brian Batter, wherever that jerk ended up. I make sure the dial is spun to "shrink" and start unloading on every ant I can find!

16:47 Ferg megumi defend against ants!
16:47 Ferg .roll 2d6-3
16:47 Platonibot Ferg: 1 (2d6-3=2, 2)
Hard Move!
Marking Potential and Leveling up - taking Drives from the Beacon and marking:
  • help a teammate when they most need you
  • make out with a teammate
  • get a new hero name
  • take down a threat all on your own

But I miss! I look down at Supernova in panic, "Want a shot? I'm not used to flying like this!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I'm a bit shocked that Megumi missed that badly, I thought she was more capable than that! Not being used to shooting while flying isn't much of an excuse. "I suppose I better." I'm especially doubtful that she can do anything to keep my aim steady, considering it's both already perfectly steady at all times, and I'm the one holding us both up here, but some traitorous part of me stops me from saying that so she'll hold me tight. My heart starts beating a bit faster as we change positions, and doing my absolute best to ignore that, and her, I carefully aim and fire down into the swarm.

<godfish> overcome the ants with shrinkray, unleash!
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 6+2 = 8
if this is a defend its a 6, so Megumi could spend a team, please inform of ruling when you get a chance Arashi~

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Definitely not the drone you're looking for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Ip22mnHS0

Getterman Pink walks ot the edge of the rooftop and turns to Aurora Angel "See ya I got a job to do!" she smiles and jumps off; flying down with her skill down onto the drone below to hack it. She wasn't as good as Getterman and she knew it. She wants to prove herself though so she attempts to hack the machine to get it to send the pheromones in reverse...or maybe...She has a bright idea nad gets to work; sending a signal out to have them move into an abandoned grassland far far away. She sighs when she finishes and pokes her head out hoping that the effects start soon.

quote:

Megucabagels unleashing my power
Megucabagels .roll 2d6-1
Platonibot Megucabagels: 8 (2d6-1=4, 5)
Marking Insecure

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 30, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Arashi ruled it a defend, so Megumi will spend a Team to boost that to a 7.

Supernova takes the shrink ray for me and starts taking aim herself. I guess it's only fair to help her with my own support. I brace myself then lean down and reach around her with my arms, redness returning to my face as I recall my earlier thoughts when she grabbed me. But, there's no time to think about invading personal space when it comes to saving the day, I guess. So I throw myself into it, gripping her tightly and doing my best to stay still. As I put the side of my head against her, I'm painfully aware of the alien feel to her clothing, and the pleasant but unfamiliar way she smells. And, as my hands lock around the other side of her, they come across something sticking out of her garment. It's firm but soft at the same time, and a little warm to the touch. Almost like flesh.... ohgoditshertail!

My hands quickly pull back and I reclasp them in a different location. I just grabbed her tail! Is that an alien faux pas? Did I just break a huge social norm of her people? Oh god... now's not the time to apologize but I'm sure it's going to be a huge problem once we have the situation under control. My cheeks are bright red by now from this entire interaction... oh... the life of a superhero.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Eheheh, now that I think about it Pink actually is kinda cute!

No, Aurora, focus! You still got that ant problem to deal with.

"Oh no! What do we do!?" I ask the villain, shaking his shoulders (Not that he actually moves, the size different is a bit large)

"We can't let the ants eat everything! Is there something else we could use to get them under control?!"

Provoking Villain Guy: 2d6+2 4

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

My tail shivers when Megumi grabs it, sending a jolt up along my spine! It's not so much a taboo as a it is really rare there's never particularly any case to grab someone's tail. It isn't any more sensitive than any of the rest of my limbs, or that'd be a rather large inconvenience, though right at the base where she was touching it is a bit more receptive, so I can feel the warmth and softness of her fingers sinking into it rather clearly. As she lets go, the shiver runs back through my, going all the way up my spine this time, and my cheeks turn a bluer shade of grey from the blood rushing there, I can't help but picture Megumi's hands, so gentle, touching me here and there, running gently along the length of my tail, stroking my face, fingers curling around my horn as ours lips near each oth-no! Focus!

I shake my head vigorously, squeezing my eyes tight for a moment. I'll look bad in front of her if I mess this shot up, and I'm the next Empress, I'm not going to get involved with a human, no matter how attractive they are! I take a deep breath, unfortunately filling my nose with her scent, and snap my eyes open, aiming and firing again and again, determined not to look bad in front of Megumi.

For the 7-9 result, once Supernova see's this succeed going to escalate the situation by kissing her if that's allowed Arashi~ if not will go for boring exposure to danger

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I watched as Aurora charmed the villain. Gah I'd never been much for talking to the people I was fighting. I found threats far more effective. Usually threatening to cut something off worked real well. But hey whatever got the job done right? And it's not like i'm jealous that she had fans everywhere. well not much anyway One day one day maybe... But for the present I may have made a slight mistake in making him drop the controller. Still maybe I could play bad cop to her good cop. "Forget it Aurora he's a waste of your time I bet he's just some dumb lackey put up up here to keep him out of the way of anything important. I doubt he even knows anything about ants. Just hit him over the head and then we can go find someone more competent to deal with the ants."

[23:06] Ferrosol provoking ant dude
[23:06] Ferrosol 2d6+1
[23:06] Ferrosol err
[23:06] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[23:06] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3+1 = 4
[23:06] Ferrosol rip
marking potential at least

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
EVERYONE - The outside!

The team all makes it up to the street! Looks like things are starting to go in the right direction! With two of the three bad guys down (and the third kinda sorta on your side?) you've almost got the whole situation sorted! You just need to clear these ants and their nest...

-boom-

A cloud of green gas erupts up from the tunnel entrance! Just as Feral runs out of the lab entrance with a couple of scientists slung over her shoulders! They don't look too well, covered in blood, concrete dust, and with wisps of some kinda green smoke hanging off of them, but she's got them!

Elsewhere Megumi fires the shrink ray, missing completely! Oh god! But then, Supernova starts getting a little hands on, actually so does Megumi! With Supernova taking the shot the whole place and everything in it starts growing again, back to it's original size! With that, Supernova starts struggling with the overwhelming desires rushing through her. And Megumi tries to ignore the heat of Supernova's breath against her neck. It's all ether of you can do to hold back from taking her and just...

Then a shudder in the platform pulls you together even closer. Their whole body against your own is just too much!

Megumi, Supernova: It's just too much, the raw sexiness of each other is too much to handle. You forget the world around you and get down to the important task of making out.

Aurora and Man-Ant desperately try to come up with an alternative. But Man-Ant's brain is so frazzled to be in Aurora's presence that he can't come up with anything! Oh no! En Garde tries to convince Man-Ant through another means. But he panics and shoves En Garde and her pointy sword away from him! You stumble and fly right into Aurora! The two of you end up tangled together, with En Garde on top of Aurora. The both of you in a position that would be far more appropriate in the bedroom.

"Oh man, I didn't know you two were into girls!" Man-Ant pulls out his phone and starts snapping pictures! Oh no! That's even worse! That's going to get out onto the internet unless you act quickly!

At least Getterman Pink seems to be onto something though! She starts messing with the drone! She makes an absolute hash of the inside, and the finished thing has wires sticking out of it and sparking alarmingly. But it flies along the route, ejecting some kinda mist. The ants not taken out by the gas explosion start moving in that direction towards the large pool of water! This could work!

Things are all starting to move to the resolution of this whole thing! At last!

What do you guys do?

- - -

Elsewhere, in a dark, shady meeting room

"The situation is coming to it's end. The heroes have gained control, and the specimens have been destroyed." The man says, pointing at the screen in front of them.

"Alright? Disappointing result." Came the voice of a woman. Sharp, and cold. "I had been hoping for better data. Even if the Nano Swarm was destroyed."

"Uhahaha, you're always Disappointed. Oh! Camara three! Ohhh yeah baby! Mhhhh, oooh, very nice!" a deep voiced man chuckles, pointing at the alien and girl who were getting a little steamy.

"You disgusting pig. I think we've all seen enough." The woman says again. The lights come up, and the video feed cuts out. The deep voiced man snorts, irritated. "Well, did we get what we hoped for?"

"....Yes" Says the man at the head of the table. "Move the program to phase two."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

"Nooooo!" Aurora yells as En Garde falls on top of her. Her face close enough that she can feel her hot breath, she can't help but look into her beautiful eyes, and those cheeks... Wow, En Garde actually looks really cute up close!

Getting a little distracted by En Garde's attractiveness, I barely noticed Man-Ant snapping pictures. Wait hold on this is not what I want to be known foooor!

Throwing En Garde off in a surprising burst of strength, I jump up and barrage Man-Ant with hundreds of energy beams.

"Don't do that to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! >_<"

One of the energy beams connects with his phone, vaporizing it completely and utterly.

Directly Engage Ant-Man: 2d6-1 7 Taking away his phone...'s existence.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Potential: 1+1/5

Oh what the gently caress is this poo poo? I go underground for like five seconds, come back upstairs and everyone is...even Supernova and...her. I drop my cargo with almost no regard for where they land and stare at the shocking display of public affection for a long, painful instant. This isn't fair, it really isn't. No, I'm not crying! I just got some nerve gas in my eye! You're crying! Shut up! God, there aren't even any ants left to bash since G-Pink looks like she's pied pipering them away to drown. I guess I'll have to take emotional refuge in being abrasive and immature. I cup my hands to make a megaphone and yell:

"Hey! If you nerds are finished making out while I do all the work you should come take these civilians to a hospital or something. And take a look at my com-link, it must be busted because no-one acknowledged all my sit-reps!"

Provoke Supernova (Frustrating Megumi): 2d6+2 5

marking potential, eating a hard move

Did they even hear me? Did I stay shrunk or something and now no-one is paying me any attention? I sure as hell feel small. I look down at the dudes I rescued - at least they should appreciate my work - and...did I forget to bring up the captive? Oh, poo poo!

I had intended to bring the guy I knocked out as well, but if I left him behind it's also funny in a tragic way

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Yes! That did it, finally, we're all back to normal size! I turn to give Megumi a satisfied smile when the growing building shakes and knocks us both over! "Whoa!" Normally I would have just floated upright, ignoring the feeble Earth 'gravity', but with Megumi holding onto me, a lot of my weight was caught up with hers, and down we go. Tangled together, my eyes can't look away from her lips, so close to mine, and I can do nothing to ignore the intense closeness of her body, her warmth and the wild thoughts that have been running through my brain since she touched my tail like that. I can't help it, I kiss her!

It's invigorating, and I lose myself in it for a moment, my tail curling around her as we lay there on the rocking building, focused entirely on her lips. And then Feral's call breaks through, like a cold shower, and I push Megumi away - gently, but still away. Oh no! I shouldn't have done that! I jolt upright, floating away from her, looking intensely upset. "Sorry- forget that happened Megumi!" Wait, no, no, focus here, your a Princess, the Crown Empress, you didn't do anything wrong. "I mean," I cough, "that was for... your help. Yes. I'm sure you enjoyed it." I hurry away, back down towards the others. "Feral! Who did you say needed help?"

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show
them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it’s meaningful.

Well, Megumi?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Freak: +1 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: 0 | Mundane: +1

As I hold Supernova, I can see her shots hitting their mark, and I silently cheered in my head as the world starts to right itself. In my head, numbers start rolling as I consider how strong the device could be, how to make it better, etc. I'm in the middle of calculating some partial derivatives in my head when a sudden shake rattles me and throws my balance off.

I gasp as Supernova's weight is thrown in top of me, sending me tumbling to the floor and - tangled up with Supernova - I go limp, both to limit any injury and to give Supernova a chance to extract herself first. Her weight is entirely on top of me - that pleasant, alien scent of hers surrounds me - and as I look up at her face, she looks back with something my brain just can't quite parse. Excitement? Fear? Whatever it is, it doesn't come close to preparing me for what happens next.

She leans in and - and she's kissing me! For a second, it's like my entire brain shuts down, just overwhelmed by the unexpected and intimate action. Time stops, and for the life of me, all I can think about are the hours and hours spent in "courting lessons," some horrible idea that my mother had to "expand" our education. Most of it was manners and traditions from god knows how many centuries of pointless cultural appropriation - but one embarrassment-filled week was spent in horrifying detail of intimate matters. I distinctly remember the "final exam" of sorts - my mother had arranged for some Parisienne playboy to be present in my bedroom when I went to bed that night. Rather than any form of foreplay, I just chastised him and brought up women's suffrage and he promptly fled.

But this... this is entirely different. This is... a friend... the team leader! And here she is... throwing herself at me - in full public view, mind you - on an active battlefield. My brain sputters back into being as questions flood upward. Is this all because I touched her tail? Or has she been hiding feelings towards me, all this, albeit short, time? Or... is this just how her people celebrate near-certain victory? She certainly hasn't done this before!

However, as her lips press warmly on mine, and as her tail wraps gently around me, I find myself... enjoying every moment of it! Here we are, Supernova and I, locked in an intimate embrace, giving a massive middle finger to the world and its pomp and circumstance and Parisienne playboys. No, this is exactly what I was looking for when I fled my parents - the freedom to do unexpected and exciting things. And save the world of course.

Of course it has meaning! Take Influence!
Also marking potential because drive fulfilled!

So, I think, screw it! This is happening, embrace it! I find the courage in myself to reach up with my hands, to pull her into me, to return the passionate kiss with one of my own... but she's not there!

I open my eyes and she's... pushed herself up off of me, the look on her face one of disgust and regret. And as I lean upwards to look around, Feral's not the only one looking shocked - but she definitely looks angry. Oh... she shouted something didn't she... chastising us for... for our display. My stomach drops and I start to feel numb as the cold realization of what just happened starts to sink in. And Supernova's words that follow... she's - she's saying that it's just for helping her. But that's not what it felt like...

Supernova darts back to the fight and I'm left half-laying, half-sitting on this stupid shaking building where I had my first kiss and I just feel... horrible. Like everything that led up to this point was in vain, like the kiss meant nothing, like my parents were right all along. And I scramble to my feet, and look out over the battlefield, and even though we're winning, I just feel defeated. I feel like everything I've been telling myself since I left my parent's house has been a lie.

A sob escapes my lips and I find myself looking for an exit - anything will do. I just need to get out of here as fast as possible and... and think.

Megumi is leaving the scene unless somebody stops her

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 5, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Conditions: | Potential: 2/5 | Location: Sizing up the situation.

Getterman Pink climbs out of the drone, her small size has been extremely useful but its time for her to get back to normal size. She jumps across the ants using them as her bounding boards to get to the shrink ray while the two team members are *ahem* busying themselves she digs into the system while it is in possession by Supernova, doing a hack job she manages to reverse the effect however there is a loud pop and fears that the machine would screw up. Just incase she clings to her clothing and waits as she grows to her normal size - and sighs a sigh of relief...but then worries that she messed the shrink ray even worse, worriedly she starts to try and undo the changes she made but its no use she is too big now to actually do anything to fix it. She sighs and looks down, embarrassed beyond belief that she couldn't fix the system.

quote:

Megucabagels rolling power unleash
Megucabagels !r 2d6-1
Krysmbot Megucabagels, 9-1 = 8
Megucabagels Well.
Taking Guilty condition

Senior Scarybagels fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 5, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

For a scrawny little nerd he could move pretty fast and could hit pretty hard. I tumbled over and landed on top of Aurora. We were close and I was acutely aware of how thin my costume was and how close we were to each other I could see her stare into my eyes and I was glad my mask hid most of my blushing. Then of course Ant-guy had to ruin the moment with his crass comment. Not that anything was going to happen of course. I'm not into that sort of thing and certainly wouldn't consider dating a teammate. no matter how hot they look up close.

Aurora threw me off with ease and I leapt to my feet. I shook my head to clear it a little and then turned to the villain? What was he hoping to achieve by this little display? I mean the ants were beaten and It was only a matter of time before we hauled him away to jail. What would it take to get him to just give up?

[22:56] Ferrosol piercing man-ants mask
[22:56] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[22:56] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 7 = 7
How could I get your character to surrender?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I look over my shoulder as I hear a sound coming from Megumi, was that a sob? She wasn't supposed to react like that! Ahh, but I have to do my job and lead the team here, an Empress can't be distracted by something like this right now. I'll talk to her later, explain. Turning my back to her again, I fly towards Feral, and snap my fingers. "Hey! Who did you say needed help, come on, come on!" As I do, I pull out my communicator to send Megumi a message.

@Megumi posted:

We'll talk later.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

[quote="thatbastardken" post="464944446"]

I had a savage retort ready to go for when Supernova finally deigned to get over here but it dries up in my mouth. It's just...really difficult to be angry at her, and I say that as a professionally angry person.

"These...um...scientists, I guess? They were down in the ant lair they were knocked out when I got there I think they hit their heads and got gassed a bit they should probably go to a hospital. Cough andtherewasabadguydownthereandithinkiforgottobringhimupwithme Cough!"

Um. Do I sound nervous? I feel kind of nervous.

"Uh...how did everything go up here? Looks like it's all under control?"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Getterman Pink
The ants follow the device and walk right into the water. They immediately start running into troubles. You can't help but feel bad... I mean, they look like they really don't like it. In an, oh god we're drowning kinda way. Eugh.

Aurora & En Garde

The Man-Ant dives for cover! His phone getting blown to smithereens.

"Ahhh! You're not CUTE! YOU'RE NOT NICE AT ALL!!!" He screams at Aurora Angel! He sounds so betrayed! So hurt! His words cut right through Aurora.

He pulls out a little sphere.

"This Ant Bomb will show you! You horrible little liar!!!"

Uh oh, looks like you've got him spoiling for a fight!

Aurora, Mark ether Guilty or Insecure. You kinda majorly overreacted in a way that's not heroic in the slightest.

En Garde looks at the Man-Ant, he's behaving more like a fan that a bad guy! It's weird, it's almost like he was slightly hypnotised into working with you...! He does seem to be entierly focused on Aurora. He can't take his eyes off of her. Like he's obsessed. Maybe if she told him to, maybe he would.... maybe?

Megumi

You start to leave, but a heavy hand falls on your shoulder. Your brother stops you from leaving, he pulls you into a massive hug.

"Oh, my dear sister, come on. They don't deserve your brilliance." He starts to lead you away, back to his little base. Away from your team. Away from your friends.

That reporter lowers his camera, a worried expression on his face. He got that kiss on camera, and the fall out following it. But he says nothing. Thrown for a loop.

Feral & Supernova

The two scientist look really really unwell. Like they should be on life support unwell. My god. What the hell happened to them?!

Feral can't help but notice that Supernova is messaging Megumi! OH COME ON!

Feral, mark Angry

What do you all do?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Somehow, my eyes are all blurry and my face feels really hot. Oh.... I'm crying. I wipe away the tears - this is not the time to show weakness. I read the text message from Supernova impassionately, then close my comm. This is... no - it's all a lie. I don't know why she's treating me like this - but the only explanation is that she wants to embarrass me. And it worked.

A heavy hand rests itself upon my shoulder. I look up... and see my brother's caring face. His distress is entirely gone, replaced by the kind man that I know and love. My heart leaps as he speaks clearly - unbroken by the influence of my parents. I nod, then wrap him in a warm hug. "Yeah... let's get out of here."

I let him guide me out of the building and out into an alleyway near the square. From a distance, I can still see my probably-former team mopping up the last of the ants and taking care of scientists. I wonder if any of them will try to stop me.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Hi, Feral! This is your conscious mind talking! Please, please, please do not start smashing poo poo at random! I know your adrenal responses are off the charts right now but- wait. Adrenal response...militarized insecticide...odorless gas...

VX, probably. gently caress me. Thank Maelstrom for designing your biology to withstand a hostile NBC environment later, but these scientists are going to die without immediate help.

"Supernova, wait! Don't touch them, if the gas is still on their skin it could affect you! I'm probably contaminated as well but I'll survive. We need Aurora to get these guys to a specialized military hospital for treatment. Unless you can synthesize atropine, pralidoxime, and diazepam on the spot, that is. Aurora, get over...hang on"

I thought they took care of that jerk? Well, here's an outlet for my distress. I pick up a chunk of concrete rubble and fling it at his back:

Directly engage Ant Man: 2d6+3 9

Taking something (Aurora Angel) from him, exchanging blows probably

"Aurora, stop screwing around with that and take these guys to...ugh, I don't know where the proper hospital is! Find Megumi and ask her, but do it quickly, these guys don't have long!"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Wow, these guys look pretty bad, what was Feral doing? I move in closer to pick them up so I can fly them off to an EMT team or something, when Feral shouts out a warning. Hastily, but with dignity, I retreat backwards, leaving them to rest there untouched. "No... No I can't. Unless you have a medical device I could work with, anyway." I might be able to modify a human medical machine to properly treat them. Feral is busy tossing rocks though, so I let out a short sigh, and look around for our resident genius. Where is she? I can't spot her... Even more irritated, I pull out our communicator again and switch it to voice. "Megumi? Come over here please, we need your genius brain, otherwise these guys might die." I think a little of my (suppressed) affection might have sounded through that.

[20:07:49] <GhostFish> provoke megumi
[20:07:54] <GhostFish> !r 2d6+3
[20:07:55] <Krysmbot> GhostFish, 5+3 = 8
Take a condition if you refuse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Supernova's plea causes me to freeze in place. Her message earlier, it was just personal - and painful to see her writing me off as just a footnote when clearly something bigger is going on. I mean, I don't even know how I feel about her but... that feeling of proving myself, of embodying the person I want to be, it's intoxicating.

And here I am, running away from it all. I look forward at my brother, who has now paused and is looking back at me, and I can't help but feel like I've been here before. Had this opportunity before. Relied on him before. And if I follow this path again, I'll just end up back where I was. No. I don't want that. I don't want to just endlessly follow the same twisted path. I need to do this on my own, even if it means leaving my brother behind.

Just the thought of it leaves my mouth dry. But a small part of me knows - has always known - that this was always how it was going to be. My brother - pawn of my parents - I can only help free him so much. And it's ultimately up to him on what life he chooses to lead. I just hope - I pray - that it doesn't lead to us being on opposite sides.

I take a brave step forward, then reach up and cup my brother's face, staring deeply into his clear eyes. He nods, then plants a kiss on my cheek. We hug for a moment, then he turns abruptly and leaps off into the distance. With a sigh, I spin and run back to the plaza. "On my way," I manage, holding back tears.

Luckily, I've regained control by the time I get to Supernova and Feral, and the injured scientists. I push myself past a growing crowd of onlookers and try my best to ignore Supernova's gaze at I kneel down and begin to inspect the injured.

Unleash to overcome lack of medical knowledge = 7
Going to mark guilty to save the people

I... I know what's going on. Whatever gas it was, it's restricting vascular flow to their cranial nerve cortex. And that's on top of massive blood loss. No time to think - I pull off my shirt, revealing a small pink sports bra with basically nothing worth writing home about underneath, and quickly tear it into strips while kicking off my shoes. With one hand, I undo the laces, while the other is feeling for special nerve clusters in each of their necks. There!

I roll one scientist over and quickly loop the makeshift bandage around his chest, where most of the bleeding is, and secure the man's coat over the largest wound. Then, same thing with the other. The bleeding halted, I get to worth massaging their nerve clusters to resume blood flow to the critical areas. As I work, color starts to return to their faces. They won't wake up anytime soon... but hopefully brain damage has been limited, if not prevented entirely.

Exhausted but confident that they'll make it until paramedics arrive, I stand up and send a look Supernova's way. With a twirl, I throw on one of the scientist's discarded lab coats. "Need anything else?" I ask dispassionately, equally afraid to show her my emotions as I am to feel them myself.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 12, 2016

• Locked thread