Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Slender Man case: Morgan Geyser, 14, in not guilty insanity plea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37141286

"Eric Knudsen from Florida created the character in response to a call for submissions from the online forum SomethingAwful and posted the picture of the figure behind a crowd of people."

"One of two girls accused of stabbing a 12-year-old classmate to please the online horror character Slender Man has pleaded not guilty in a US court on the grounds of mental illness.
A judge in Wisconsin has now appointed two doctors to evaluate Morgan Geyser."

Good to know goons are still making worldwide news headlines!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
another taint reaped

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lol Geyser

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
this is all lowtaxs fault

Khorne
May 1, 2002
GBS you guys need to be better ambassadors for the influx of people checking out the forums.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I saw the Marble Hornets movie for some reason last year and it was loving atrocious. Slightly worse than I expected, even.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Don't forget about the other girl, Anissa Weiner

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

another successful goon project

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Goddamit Deviantart

Genderman

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Outstanding.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
David Sledderman

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
im permabanned child murderer slenderstabber58. i first started reading creepypastas when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "slenderman" and tried to channel him constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "We didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them" and "its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on trial for murder. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of trying to stab a classmate to death was all about; i think it's the forums leaking in to reality, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" slenderman to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

did it please slenderman at least?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Oh, who can ever tell with that guy, jeez

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
She probably should have pleaded "I'm a goddamn child, what kind of hosed up third wold banana republic tries a child as an adult on the whimsy of public opinion can we move this poo poo to a real country what the gently caress is going on?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no sane person would be into slenderman, so her lawyer should have an easy time with this

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Frankenstyle posted:

She probably should have pleaded "I'm a goddamn child, what kind of hosed up third wold banana republic tries a child as an adult on the whimsy of public opinion can we move this poo poo to a real country what the gently caress is going on?"

The Slenderman thing was actually a ruse and she tried to kill that other girl just to draw attention to the inconsistency and unfairness endemic to the American justice system.

Martin Luther Kink
Oct 17, 2004
Barroom Hero

Frankenstyle posted:

A kangaroo court!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

She should she was loving insane to do that

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Insane in the membrane... insane in the brain :twisted:

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
slendremans

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I do like that the news stories always include Victor Surge's contribution, and name-drop SA, like that fact is somehow relevant to a crazy chick and her crazy friend stabbing a classmate. Like, she also said she could talk to Voldemort, Vulcans, ninja turtles and unicorns but nobody ever brings up Rowlings or Roddenberry or whoever invented unicorns or whatever.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
the online horror character slernderman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I do like that the news stories always include Victor Surge's contribution, and name-drop SA, like that fact is somehow relevant to a crazy chick and her crazy friend stabbing a classmate. Like, she also said she could talk to Voldemort, Vulcans, ninja turtles and unicorns but nobody ever brings up Rowlings or Roddenberry or whoever invented unicorns or whatever.

that is the epitome of mental health by tumblr standards

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

yo where can i sign up to talk to the ninja turtles

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

TOOT BOOT posted:

yo where can i sign up to talk to the ninja turtles

don't do it. they can't shut the gently caress up about pizza hut.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Slanderman attacking are reputation!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Menderslan Von Slenderman

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

im permabanned child murderer slenderstabber58. i first started reading creepypastas when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "slenderman" and tried to channel him constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "We didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them" and "its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on trial for murder. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of trying to stab a classmate to death was all about; i think it's the forums leaking in to reality, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" slenderman to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

You're my new favourite.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
kinda hosed up that the news would just dox a goon like that like have some respect for internet protocol this aint twitter

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

poo poo yeh

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

lol NGRI just because you do something really weird and creepy and and antisocial doesn't mean you are the type of crazy that excuses culpability

you gotta be andrea yates pretty much or you're very hosed

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

just gotta be A yates son

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

not her son he gone but

i mean like: gotta be A yates, son.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i just got real horney all of a sudden

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i admit i was typin with one hand

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

basement jihadist posted:

lol NGRI just because you do something really weird and creepy and and antisocial doesn't mean you are the type of crazy that excuses culpability

you gotta be andrea yates pretty much or you're very hosed

its a 14yr old who stabbed a 12yr old imma err on the side of crazy here my dude

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Sonofsilversign posted:

its a 14yr old who stabbed a 12yr old imma err on the side of crazy here my dude

that's infancy and you're very wrong im sorry

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

basement jihadist posted:

that's infancy and you're very wrong im sorry

id agree people often dont give kids or teens enough credit but a premeditated (i think its been a while) murder at 14 is some pretty pathological poo poo put her in a drat hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

its not about not knowing things have consequences, such as limp bizkit's break stuff was not meant to be done and i was dumb for breaking all moms stuff

it's that the consequence is that the devil will rape your children's buttholes for all eternity unless you drown them now, and yeah this is satan, and yeah you hear me clear as day

• Locked thread