Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

with NGRI we're talking about psychosis, and that if things were as they would be to the person hallucinating and having delusions, would we do the same thing in those circumstances and would I like to be held blameworthy for my hallucinations and delusions if that happened to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

most juries say, lol no i would never you're not gonna escape justice here schizo

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I'd say her chances of getting a not guilty verdict are slender :grin:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

basement jihadist posted:

its not about not knowing things have consequences, such as limp bizkit's break stuff was not meant to be done and i was dumb for breaking all moms stuff

it's that the consequence is that the devil will rape your children's buttholes for all eternity unless you drown them now, and yeah this is satan, and yeah you hear me clear as day

whoa this is next level i have been woke

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

good, because this i satan right here and im gonna do bums soon, so lookout

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i think the thing here that tickles me pink is that someone killed someone over a goony ghost story

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Gonna laugh when she's free at 18 and kills someone else to taste their blood or whatever thanks to bleeding heart fwelgoods

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe this person is going to escape justice by being confined to something even worse than a jail for many years, and who can be re-incarcerated afterwards, until the day they die, on the whim of anyone who's spent ten minutes at a community college doing anything related to real medicine or even psychology.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

probably yeah id laugh but probably never get to indulge bc the number of times juries, made up of your hard-working, no cussing and respect your country peers tend to be really irked by the whole idea of the defense itself and like ok but let's gonna get to killing her plz

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

jBrereton posted:

I can't believe this person is going to escape justice by being confined to something even worse than a jail for many years, and who can be re-incarcerated afterwards, until the day they die, on the whim of anyone who's spent ten minutes at a community college doing anything related to real medicine or even psychology.

better said than mine

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

the don't just say hey now get out of here ya scamp you are institutionalized.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Frankenstyle posted:

She probably should have pleaded "I'm a goddamn child, what kind of hosed up third wold banana republic tries a child as an adult on the whimsy of public opinion can we move this poo poo to a real country what the gently caress is going on?"

Just children being children what's the big deal

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Up next: 8 year old boy mauls peers in art class after falling into a strange mood and unable to find good scissors.

Claims he did it for Arnok, the blood God

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
12yr old periscopes themselves killing classmate with a hammer on twitter for the based god to retweet

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Do you ever use more than 1 sentence per post? Allergy to full points?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

mods knew

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
"The internet made me do it" - the accused

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Yeah nice try honey but we said the internet makes you stupid, not crazy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Since when do 14-year-olds get tried as adults? What even the gently caress?

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Slenderman told the judge not to try her as a minor.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

8-Bit Scholar posted:

She was a pretty cold little bitch about the whole thing.

Gonna be very interesting to see how defense attempts to explain away all the premeditation that went into that crime.

That being said she still shouldn't be tried as an adult.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
There were two of them, though, and their ages add up to 28 so I guess it's fair to try them as adults.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

It wasn't slenderman, but Star Trek that hosed her up.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Nanomashoes posted:

It wasn't slenderman, but Star Trek that hosed her up.

I dunno man, she stabbed an underaged kid, not molested her.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I dunno man, she stabbed an underaged kid, not molested her.

Both are penetrating acts.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

There were two of them, though, and their ages add up to 28 so I guess it's fair to try them as adults.

What is half of a death penalty?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beware_the_Slenderman

they're going to make a movie about this

who's going to play lowtax?

edit: oh it's a documentary

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I do like that the news stories always include Victor Surge's contribution, and name-drop SA, like that fact is somehow relevant to a crazy chick and her crazy friend stabbing a classmate. Like, she also said she could talk to Voldemort, Vulcans, ninja turtles and unicorns but nobody ever brings up Rowlings or Roddenberry or whoever invented unicorns or whatever.

btw it was i who invented unicorns

put that in your wikipedias

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I don't believe that mental illness can compel a person to make a decision. It can only be seductive. It's like a demon at the door whispering "let me in". It's still your fault if you let it in. The only way I could accept the premise of not guilty by reason of insanity is if a person is not only insane, but has never been educated in right from wrong. So like, a feral child would be justified in getting NGRI if they killed someone. But if right and wrong exist in your head somewhere, then they're options you're aware of, even when "demons" are whispering in your ear to do otherwise. Thus, a choice.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

DrowningInDreams posted:

I don't believe that mental illness can compel a person to make a decision. It can only be seductive. It's like a demon at the door whispering "let me in". It's still your fault if you let it in. The only way I could accept the premise of not guilty by reason of insanity is if a person is not only insane, but has never been educated in right from wrong. So like, a feral child would be justified in getting NGRI if they killed someone. But if right and wrong exist in your head somewhere, then they're options you're aware of, even when "demons" are whispering in your ear to do otherwise. Thus, a choice.

nope

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Pretty sure I have better cause for my opinion than you do for yours.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

DrowningInDreams posted:

Pretty sure I have better cause for my opinion than you do for yours.

Nah.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Alright, we're keeping this going I guess. All aboard the unsubstantiated contradiction train!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DrowningInDreams posted:

Alright, we're keeping this going I guess. All aboard the unsubstantiated contradiction train!

Please follow your dreams.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the organ which interprets and forms your entire perception of reality is hosed but you should have presence of mind to realise this and ignore it

idiot

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Totally TWISTED posted:

Please follow your dreams.

I would like to. Then I could hang out with dragons from a parallel dimension.

Blue Train posted:

the organ which interprets and forms your entire perception of reality is hosed but you should have presence of mind to realise this and ignore it

idiot

It works for me. I only make bad decisions under such circumstances because I want to.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

schizophrenia is basically just a little angel and devil on your shoulder and you should know not to listen to the devil - some retard itt

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Blue Train posted:

schizophrenia is basically just a little angel and devil on your shoulder and you should know not to listen to the devil - some retard itt

I'm a diagnosed psychotic. I speak from experience.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

DrowningInDreams posted:

It works for me. I only make bad decisions under such circumstances because I want to.
experiences different to your own exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

DrowningInDreams posted:

I'm a diagnosed psychotic. I speak from experience.

then surely you should know that psychosis manifests itself in vastly different ways despite sharing certain traits and using one person's experience to describe everyone's is extremely stupid

• Locked thread