Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's now being reported that the Zika virus targets neural progenitor stem cells even in adults. These cells are involved in learning, memory, and neural plasticity. Is Zika going to bring about the reality seen in Idiocracy?

http://newswire.rockefeller.edu/2016/08/18/zika-infection-may-affect-adult-brain-cells-suggesting-risk-may-not-be-limited-to-pregnant-women/

quote:

Concerns over the Zika virus have focused on pregnant women due to mounting evidence that it causes brain abnormalities in developing fetuses. However, new research in mice from scientists at The Rockefeller University and La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology suggests that certain adult brain cells may be vulnerable to infection as well. Among these are populations of cells that serve to replace lost or damaged neurons throughout adulthood, and are also thought to be critical to learning and memory.

What effect will this have on GBS? Will all of us be stupid, instead of the usual 95%?

Everyone with Zika report in with your retard poo poo posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i am pretty sure the internet already made everyone retarded

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this poo poo is like some proto zombie virus isn't it

where did this even come from i call shenanigans some assholes made this is a lab and it escaped how is it so specialized in attacking human brain cells and poo poo

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Serious Frolicking posted:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hello everyone how are you today I don't have the zika virus okay I swear have a good day I love you

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

A plague that makes people stupid, makes them have tiny brain babies, and hangs around in the sexual reproductive organs while being sexually transmissible is pretty much the perfect thing to wreck humanity.

I would say it's a good thing goons don't go outside or have sex, but, poo poo, even people who only go outside because their mom dragged them out the basement to take the garbage out still get random mosquito bites.

No laughing matter, imho.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Zika will not find fertile ground.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

A plague that makes people stupid, makes them have tiny brain babies, and hangs around in the sexual reproductive organs while being sexually transmissible is pretty much the perfect thing to wreck humanity.

I would say it's a good thing goons don't go outside or have sex, but, poo poo, even people who only go outside because their mom dragged them out the basement to take the garbage out still get random mosquito bites.

No laughing matter, imho.

i must accelerate my plans to become a cyborg somehow

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
We need a population decrease sooner or later.
At least this way we can force them to do manual labor or be food.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm immunized by existing retardation. Could double down it I guess

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

loving glad it's in the US and we're all going to die

XK
Jul 9, 2001

All the people who went to the Olympics will return home and destroy mankind.

It might be a worse scandal than FIFA.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
In the future, everybody will be a pinhead.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I've been on this site long enough to know that when goons are bracing for a spectacular shitshow it peters out into a wet fart

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
I cannot wait to all be pinheads.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yaldabaoth posted:

I've been on this site long enough to know that when goons are bracing for a spectacular shitshow it peters out into a wet fart
this is real. if this year's climate is any indication there will be mosquitoes in most of america well into mid-february

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
Im retardified already. GBS did it, no mosquitistanian.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

yeah that's why im becoming a certified retard masturbator

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Vodka and proper squating will deal with zika.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

We should probably wipe out all mosquitoes that bite humans. Last research I saw, as far as anyone could determine, wiping out all human predating mosquitoes would have no impact whatsoever on the environment. Even conservation groups, and scientists, who are all for preservation of species, have gone on record admitting they'd be pretty OK with wiping out several kinds of mosquitoes, as long as DNA specimens were preserved. They kill more people than any other animal in the world, including humans themselves, even accounting for wars.

It's pretty rare to find an animal everyone is fine with wiping out, so we should probably go for it.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Zika doesn't exist

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Harald posted:

yeah that's why im becoming a certified retard masturbator

No certification necessary, you already are.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Zika doesn't exist

its chemtrails

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
I created Zika in Plague Inc. while I was taking a poo poo about a year ago. Sorry everyone.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

CANDY BARS

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
Come to think of it I'm more worried my dick will shrink

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

XK posted:

No certification necessary, you already are.

no thats unprofessional and you will get in trouble. *NOTE: i am a retard masturbator, but I am not YOUR retard masturbator and i am not giving you any masturbatory advice

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Yaldabaoth posted:

Agreed. When faced with a conundrum, always check what goons and Bill Kristol think is going to happen. Then prepare for the exact opposite

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I think we should debate and discuss this idea.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sofokles posted:

Im retardified already. GBS did it, no mosquitistanian.
in 15 years we'll be envious of the kids who needed viral assistance to be braindead losers, instead of getting there the old-fashioned way

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Zika has zero side effects and is being propagated by the media and the government to get their missing billion dollars they never got from the bullshit Ebola epidemic for a couple years back.

Would you like to know more?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Prorat posted:

Zika has zero side effects and is being propagated by the media and the government to get their missing billion dollars they never got from the bullshit Ebola epidemic for a couple years back.

go on

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Start from the first clip. Great deconstruction.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Moridin920 posted:

this poo poo is like some proto zombie virus isn't it

where did this even come from i call shenanigans some assholes made this is a lab and it escaped how is it so specialized in attacking human brain cells and poo poo

guess how long its been patented and who holds the patent

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Prorat posted:

*desire to know more intensifies*

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Follow the money trail
:goonsay:

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Giant Autistic Spastics.....As a non-pregnant woman, that does not concern me.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

pretty sure you're safe anyways OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Start from the first clip. Great deconstruction.

Kuato posted:

*desire to know more intensifies*

I forgot to add the link.

http://www.noagendashop.com/blog/2016/5/28/zika-deconstruction-by-no-agenda

If you have some time, give the clips a listen. (in order)

edit: its a discussion over several months so they eventuality find out its for the missing 1.8 billion. The first clip obviously takes place right when Zika first hitting the news.

Prorat fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 21, 2016

• Locked thread