Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I kind of think the fiends stuff and my stuff interacted in a weird way that hurt the WoL a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

To me it was everyone trying to make it seem like the Fiends were somehow not being upfront. Like, every surviving WoL brought down suspicions on our alignment while Kash et all just kinda brushed it aside. They all stood out like a sore thumb.

I legit thought you must be bad until I was dead and saw it was the bosses instead.

There was no way the setup had that many factions and they were all just "monsters".

And, I was right. Just wrong about which faction it was.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Presign me for ff2!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lol it's gona be 18 players again so it may just be all of you again with all these presigns.

Im waiting for soldiers to finish anyway before I run it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I won!

Game was awesome, cpig. I was a lot less worried about winning than I let on. I lied about having 100 HP because I was afraid of dying though.

Keane rules.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pig you make me wish I still had the youth and vigor to make interesting games

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
IRL I have neither of those things.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

I legit thought you must be bad until I was dead and saw it was the bosses instead.

There was no way the setup had that many factions and they were all just "monsters".

And, I was right. Just wrong about which faction it was.

I think swallowing my vomit and clearing Inf was what made it clear to town that we weren't that against them. But I appreciate the situation you all were in.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
lol boss doc is a good read

Way to triumph over adversity like some kind of sports ball movie

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I will have my revenge, Li Dawny.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Absurd Revolver posted:

I will have my revenge, Li Dawny.

That was some mod collusion right there AR

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Moatillata posted:

That was some mod collusion right there AR

I was fascinated with Warmech when I played ff1 as a kid and spent tons of time grinding so I could beat it. I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I finally beat it.

This was before I had any kind of internet too.

In any case now is a good time to bring this up.

I really don't think this is that bad, what does everyone else think?

I figured that I wouldn't be awake before Dawny got hammered so I asked her if she wanted to automatically use her nuke if she reached -1 and she said yes.

Do you guys feel like thats out of bounds?

I feel like that isn't really that bad, she may not even have gotten to -1 at that point.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Party I had when I first accomplished the task was

Fighter, Black Belt, Red Mage, White Mage

The first time I ever beat the game was with Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, Black Mage

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Oh cpig not at all dude I was messing around if I really thought it was messed up I wouldn't have brought it up like that

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
haha a lot happened last night. moat should have known you where scum. gj everyone esp kash.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I was just now looking to download FFI on my phone and jfc it's 8 bucks

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

haha a lot happened last night. moat should have known you where scum. gj everyone esp kash.

It's a 100% bet for you thus far

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Moatillata posted:

Oh cpig not at all dude I was messing around if I really thought it was messed up I wouldn't have brought it up like that

No I genuinely want opinions on that, AR was upset about it at first so I want to get opinions.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Moatillata posted:

Also I was just now looking to download FFI on my phone and jfc it's 8 bucks

I will pm you a link to be able to play it in your browser, not posting it here because :filez:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

I was fascinated with Warmech when I played ff1 as a kid and spent tons of time grinding so I could beat it. I felt such a sense of accomplishment when I finally beat it.

This was before I had any kind of internet too.

In any case now is a good time to bring this up.

I really don't think this is that bad, what does everyone else think?

I figured that I wouldn't be awake before Dawny got hammered so I asked her if she wanted to automatically use her nuke if she reached -1 and she said yes.

Do you guys feel like thats out of bounds?

I feel like that isn't really that bad, she may not even have gotten to -1 at that point.

Contingencies are totally fine. I imagine most mods won't want to deal with them, but if you are, that's cool.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I think the expectation that you be there and monitoring the thread 100% of the time or you're SOL and lose you action is kinda lovely. I really don't see the issue with her preflighting her action like that.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CapitalistPig posted:

I will pm you a link to be able to play it in your browser, not posting it here because :filez:

:getin:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
well here is the thing, I asked her if she wanted to, she didn't ask me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

That is trickier. But I understand the motivation. She for some reason decided to not actually play her role. This was your way of changing that.

I think it made the game better, so :shrug:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
cpig that was fun and different ty. i felt that i wasn't active enough what w timezones and not knowing the material so i won't presign, will def read the next game tho.

i was the only monster left, bone alone : (

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

To expand on that.

Traditionally, mafia mods are expected to set a game in place providing for all things in advance and I think for the most part, that is the way to go.

But I think what you were doing not only with LilD but also with some of the events, etc, was more akin to being the GM for an rpg. There were rules, but you tweaked them as necessary for the good of the game.

Given the flavor/type of game this was/leveling/etc I think that is totally appropriate.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

That is trickier. But I understand the motivation. She for some reason decided to not actually play her role. This was your way of changing that.

I think it made the game better, so :shrug:

To be fair, she , strategically, shouldn't have used it until she was level 5/upgraded or absolutely had to.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

To expand on that.

Traditionally, mafia mods are expected to set a game in place providing for all things in advance and I think for the most part, that is the way to go.

But I think what you were doing not only with LilD but also with some of the events, etc, was more akin to being the GM for an rpg. There were rules, but you tweaked them as necessary for the good of the game.

Given the flavor/type of game this was/leveling/etc I think that is totally appropriate.

Yeah basically the way I was doing the events I wanted it to seem like I was half mod half DM, I Typically set the outcomes directly after making the event post in the ghost doc and stuck by it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

This is the only part that might have been a bit dodgy in my view. But everyone in deaddoc was rooting for her to set off the ability and nuke everybody, so I didn't have any personal problem with it. ;)

The contingency itself is totally fine imo. Especially for a war machine that could have it as part of its programmed fight routine :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

I have no problem with it. In the only game I ran so far, KB was a Survivor with a NK ability. Even though he met part of the condition for his wincon, I sent him a PM on the final night telling him that he could still use the ability because it was possible for him to kill scum and help town win the game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asking her "Do you want to use your nuke when hit -1" isn't great.

Asking her "Do you want to preload any actions just in case" would have been the better course

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Both times I've ever tried to drop mod hints have failed miserably.

Once was in JoJo 1 when I implied a bit too much about a town player's alignment in response to a PM question from the cop Birdstrike. I figured it would give town one last chance when they were already on the way to a perfect defeat, with a misvote sitting out there in LYLO. Birdstrike instead went on to lie about getting a scum read on a totally different innocent townie. It was fabulous.

In JoJo 3 I was more subtle, the scumteam was hit hard by the loss of Infinitum and were wondering what to do with their night actions. I told them to brush up more on their JoJo lore while they thought it over. Inf can tell you more about that one. :buddy:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Retro Futurist posted:

Asking her "Do you want to use your nuke when hit -1" isn't great.

Asking her "Do you want to preload any actions just in case" would have been the better course

Yeah definitely would have been a better thing to do.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah but everyone in the deaddoc wanted to see it used, so it's cool.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Reading the WoL doc, I'm a little more iffy on the fast kill that was given to them but whatever.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

Reading the WoL doc, I'm a little more iffy on the fast kill that was given to them but whatever.

Well, the problem is, I fired off the were sword at them and realized they had no enemies that had fur and felt bad because they were getting their rear end handed to them so gave them something they could actually use instead.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, the problem is, I fired off the were sword at them and realized they had no enemies that had fur and felt bad because they were getting their rear end handed to them so gave them something they could actually use instead.

C'mon throw us a frickin bone here max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Moatillata posted:

C'mon throw us a frickin bone here max

Nah. Always vote moat.

• Locked thread