Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why, we beat up the light warriors last time we fought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh no, of course not.
There'd never be scum on an event vote Max:downs:

##vote Max

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The option is B you dumbos. We murder the light warriors now. I am strong af lets eat them BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Max
Nov 30, 2002

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
It's that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bifauxnen posted:

I've been thinking, the bosses and fiends who are allied with Garland have got to be one of those 3rd or 4th alignments. Not attacking us directly like the light warriors, but maybe an indirect danger cause they're not actually looking after our interests at all. People who preferred B over C might be in that category.

They could be like separate scum teams, where we win once either one of them are eliminated, thus ending the conflict. If that's the case, taking out the light warrior team would probably be better since Garland's team isn't directly hunting us down for XP points. But the fact that Garland's encouraging us to go get killed to give the warriors more XP and gil sure muddies the waters.

Splitting it up as Monsters - Light Warriors - Bosses - Fiends seems odd though. Maybe the last alignment is for NPC's, people who help out the Light Warriors but aren't one of them. If it was people like Matoya or the Sages or something, they could also be the two players who know all the alignments, sitting there with all their knowledge of the light warrior's destiny and junk.

Knowing pig, the last alignment is probably just self-aligned. I agree with this post, though, and don't feel like helping bosses or fiends are necessarily in our best interests, just as not helping the Light Warriors.

Still choose option C.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Oh no, of course not.
There'd never be scum on an event vote Max:downs:

##vote Max

Convince me that I'm scum for voting to fight the light warriors.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bif you have played way too many bad auspol games because what you proposed is ridiculous

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The light warriors will get xp for beating up garland you dummies

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Like your plan is basically piss off the warriors of light by taking the princess AND give them free xp scummy as all hell

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The problem as I see it is if the Light Warriors get stronger then we're in trouble - there's no way that they won't get a fairly hefty bonus from winning a boss fight, and even if it's just xp I want to prevent the scum from getting bonuses

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

The problem as I see it is if the Light Warriors get stronger then we're in trouble - there's no way that they won't get a fairly hefty bonus from winning a boss fight, and even if it's just xp I want to prevent the scum from getting bonuses

:agreed: they should be fought at every point I will eat them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have high attack power lets do this

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
are you people monsters or little babbys

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

are you people monsters or little babbys

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HilyOLWzrM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I Know nothing about this game, but moving the princess always seemed to work for King Koopa, so I say Option C.

oh yeah this has worked great for Bowser, who repeatedly has taken the princess and gotten his flesh burned off. Is that what you want?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Bif you have played way too many bad auspol games because what you proposed is ridiculous

Mark my words, we lucked out with the random encounter cause heroes love to run away from boring random encounters in this grindy-as-gently caress game. But they are not gonna run off from a boss fight, and if it was as easy as "always choose to fight to always get XP", this wouldn't be much of a game. If we were helping out Warmech or something, sure, that's a no-brainer. But present-day Garland is a wuss and he's doomed in this fight. There's no story at all unless he gets his butt whooped now and then goes crying back to the past for revenge. If we get involved directly, we are probably going to suffer some consequences.

Now option A, okay that's the chicken choice cause we just hide away and let the light warriors get all the benefits. But if we go grab the princess, maybe something good could still happen to us. Maybe she'll give us some reward like the LUTE instead of giving it to the warriors. It's by far the most interesting option.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Starting to slide to Option C and hoping the dude womps the good guys.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Mark my words, we lucked out with the random encounter cause heroes love to run away from boring random encounters in this grindy-as-gently caress game. But they are not gonna run off from a boss fight, and if it was as easy as "always choose to fight to always get XP", this wouldn't be much of a game. If we were helping out Warmech or something, sure, that's a no-brainer. But present-day Garland is a wuss and he's doomed in this fight. There's no story at all unless he gets his butt whooped now and then goes crying back to the past for revenge. If we get involved directly, we are probably going to suffer some consequences.

Now option A, okay that's the chicken choice cause we just hide away and let the light warriors get all the benefits. But if we go grab the princess, maybe something good could still happen to us. Maybe she'll give us some reward like the LUTE instead of giving it to the warriors. It's by far the most interesting option.

Mm...I get what you're saying. Unfortunately my persona doesn't allow me to do anything but attack

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does your persona let you post that pic you promised us so you don't get lynched?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Does your persona let you post that pic you promised us so you don't get lynched?

Haven't got enough people to agree to not lynch me :/

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Haven't got enough people to agree to not lynch me :/

I can't agree to not lynch you the whole drat game, but I wouldn't lynch you for like, at least a day or two!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's not adequate.

Also before someone throws out that only scum would be like this, I posted this deal before the game started :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't agree to not lynch you the whole drat game, but I wouldn't lynch you for like, at least a day or two!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

That's not adequate.

Also before someone throws out that only scum would be like this, I posted this deal before the game started :)

it worries me that you felt the need to preempt this

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm torn between b and c. I want to thrash some warriors, but could also get down on some sweet, sweet princess action. I'm gonna go C for now, because MC Chris taught me to save the princess to get my D wet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

TMM is in this game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Absurd Revolver posted:

He must've got one of the weird 4P or self-aligned roles.

Kash if you're one of the players who knows all the alignment names, you should just come out with it so you can gloat over how wrong I was with my flavor spec!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am monster aligned

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

I am monster aligned

Whoah, holy poo poo, this checks out, this must mean he's town

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I am monster aligned

That clears it up. Thank you.

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hmmm inf?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Infinitum posted:

That clears it up. Thank you.

##vote Kashuno

you do realize monsters are town right

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What sort of monster?

I'm an Imp.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
im a medusa

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk why you'd start discussing flavor now and I won't because flavor clearly ties to abilities.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Absurd Revolver posted:

No poo poo.

Which would be super obvious to anyone reading the thread.

Are you scum AR? :nyoron:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

OH MY GOD Kash, Inf didn't know that monster alignment meant town, he must be scum for voting you when you said you were town!

Absurd Revolver posted:

:lol: wtf I just finished this jokepost and you're about to take it serious again? The joke is that Kash thinks people must have proven theyre town if they say they are town aligned.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bif lets be Bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idgi jokes are usually funny

• Locked thread