Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Fiiiiiiiiiiiine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I've never played any of them either.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##vote A

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay, I'm home and done with the more restricting of my responsibilities today and can moofia it up for a while. pretty awesome encounter guys, high fives all around.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Moving your arms up after a victory is pretty scummy IMO.

So is what you were doing with those dead warriors, but I didn't call you out on it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I assumed we killed them, sorry.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

And

Are both posts not from a monster pov

So what you're saying is someone who's never played a FF game asking what imps fight like is scummy? ##vote AN

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Like she's 100% right. I didn't even read most of my PM and I knew I was town as a monster. It was really straightforward and anyone who implied otherwise got goofed on by not realizing it

Or maybe didn't know that imps were monsters due to a lack of knowing the game franchise.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

##unvote I loving quit.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Okay guys, I'm sorry for before. I've had a pretty poo poo day and had refused to sign up for this game repeatedly because of knowing, quite literally, nothing about Final Fantisy. To me it seemed like a reasonable question that had been asked about the imps and I was in a not so great mental space regarding Mafia already. I understand the outburst was scummy, and I understand if I'm lynched because of it.

Again, apologies all around.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm torn between b and c. I want to thrash some warriors, but could also get down on some sweet, sweet princess action. I'm gonna go C for now, because MC Chris taught me to save the princess to get my D wet.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

TMMadman posted:

*hands AR a knife*

The only thing left to do is commit seppuku.

Nope! Not taking care of the kids on my own, I'm not exactly 'domestic' and need my stay at home husband to survive.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Wow imagine that. Good job not choosing to fight

Good job being condescending.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max, stop being a dick and let Infi go to bed. Jfc, it's like people don't understand time zones and conflicting schedules.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

?

I'm not stopping him, I'm just annoyed at him ending every conversation before it begins with "I'm going to bed" when he clearly isn't.

You are by insisting he gives you information and you keep bugging him. If he says he's going to bed don't ask him more questions or imply things about him, how hard is that to understand?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I'm going A because eff those guys, I want their stuff.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Are we really gonna end on another split decision that leave us with nothing but out various genitalia in our hands?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Good morning Mafia lovies, how did everyone sleep? And for my Aussie Mafia friends, how was your day?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I slept well hbu

I slept decently, then lied away for an hour or two, then slept again. Had a dream about my todler running around a grocery store and climbing onto a conveyor belt before I could catch him.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

It was. Almost Wiley E Coyote and Roadrunner esque, one of the best dreams I've had in a while.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

LI, is AR scum?

You can tell us

We don't talk about that stuff. I don't even go on the computer much anymore so that we don't accidentally expose eachother to information we shouldn't have.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

Nah, you usually needle someone into blowing up and are far more aggressive.

This is a really crappy meta call because Infi is aggressive and mean no matter what his alignment is. One of my first games I called him out on it and he's was lynched then flipped scum. Another game I used that reasoning, he was lynched, and flipped town. Sometimes meta works for you, sometimes it doesn't, because play style largely depends on mood.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

This is the second time you've jumped out of no where to defend inf. Why?

I'm not defending him as much as I'm saying your meta read is crappy. And if I see a crappy call I'm going to say so.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

My meta read is based on my own interactions with him in quite a few games where he has actually stated that he is a dick to someone to see what their reaction is. I am used to seeing that from him, but here he's just kinda coasting by saying I and AR are scum for gut reasons and then jumping on the moat bandwagon when he has never mentioned them before.

Max posted:

And you may say it's not a defense but you're doing his job for him by calling out my read on him when he can just as easily do that on his own. If this was the first time you did it I might just let it slide but you also had that really weird defense of him yesterday where you said I was somehow keeping him from sleeping? So that stands out to me.

Just, loving, whatever dude. You play however you want and I'll play how I want.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

Uh? I'm defending my point? Please don't take this personally.

You're calling me scummy for disagreeing with you're read on Infi because I think meta calls are pretty dumb. It has less to do with Infi himself and more to do with people being called scum for having a different attitude one game to the next, which is stupid.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I'm calling your callout scummy since it's the second time you've come to the defense of inf, for almost no reason in my mind. Seeing as it's the second time this day, that's why it was standing out to me. I haven't really interacted with you this day otherwise, and I don't think I was being insulting or anything, so I don't know what that reaction you just had was about and I'm a little confused as to how to address it without seeming lovely.

Again, for the third time, I wasn't defending Infi. I was saying meta calls were dumb. You just happened to make one on Infi and that's what I used as an example. I don't know who is/isn't scum, so the insistence that I'm 'defending' him is what's bothering me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I'm actually just trying to explain why I made that case because I feel like you waaaaaay over reacted to what I was saying and it's put me in a weird place now.

If today wasn't a deadline day I wouldn't be playing because I know this is a bad time for me to be involved in this, not in a great mental space for...reasons. It seems the general input is that I'm overreacting, and I'm sorry for that. I don't want to just disappear and not give opinions when I have them. If AR wasn't playing I'd run my poo poo by him before posting it to make sure I'm being reasonable, but he is so I can't. If you have another option for me I'm all ears.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

but yet you had time to post that thing where you wanted someone else to case him for you

Yeah, because I was playing with him at that time. Don't try and shame AR for being an active parent.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

so if he wasn't occupied at the time why didn't he post the case

A case takes more than a minute or two of caught time while playing with our kid. He's was planning on waiting until nap time to make a big effort post so he could sit and work on it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Max posted:

I guess just . . . I was defending my point. Keep in mind I don't know your alignment and I saw a pattern based on your posts directed at me. I wasn't like, attacking you as a person irl.

I know. What started as a lovely day two days ago has turned into a lovely week for me. And AR can tell you that my Mafia reactions have been tame compared to my irl reactions to anything at this point. I'll try and keep my head in a happy place when I post.

Also, sorry.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kashuno posted:

you are seriously such a oval office

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

...The gently caress.

Yeah sorry if AR is literally a 3P and making a light hearted joke about it.

Where is your evidence? Make a case and I'll consider it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

who is this directed at

Infi I assume

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

See link

The gently caress did I do other than make a light hearted joke? Man I'm going to bed.
Peeps taking Mafs way too serious up in here.

Him calling you 3p is him breadcrumbing that he's 3p? So everyone who's called anyone scum is them breadcrumbing that they're scum, got it.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Absurd Revolver posted:

So first you claim I'm 3p, now I'm scum?

Make up your mind. Or, you know, make a loving case already you indecisive poo poo.

Rude. Can't we have a game that doesn't turn into name calling and personal attacks?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Infinitum posted:

I'm an Imp. (Claimed Imp before the Imp event)
I got a cool thing from the event earlier.

I am town

Sleep time.
Want to be awake for lynch.

AR is not town.
AR has claimed Medusa.
That sounds like a boss monster to me.
Probably a 3P/Serial Killer

Vote AR.

Just checked the wiki and Medusa is a regular monster, not a boss.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

The only thing I have an issue with in this is you can't use the word 'objectively' when what you're saying is based on opinion.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Moatillata posted:

I need to know what you think is the funniest movie of all time please

That's a really difficult question for me, but knee jerk reaction is Reefer Madness the Musical.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Cannibal is the poo poo and I break into songs from it periodically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Vietnamese is best food.

Anyway, I hate day one because it's all garbage cases made of nothing. That being said, after reading things I'm starting to see the pushes on Infi, he's been really smug and defensive and for some reason it make my gut feel funny.

• Locked thread