Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

:siren: HOW'D I DO!? :siren:

Well done! No major complaints with your lineup, except my personal worries about Sammy. It's a shame you have to cut 4 for space because I don't know which 4 I'd cut and letting go of DeAndre and Funchess would be tough for me given their hype train status (probably more reason to drop them).

e: whoops quote is not edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
The Short-fingered Vulgarians

12 team, PPR, QB/2RB/2WR/2Flex/1TE/DST. First year for this league. Up to 4 can be kept next year at a round higher than where we drafted them. There's also an IR spot.

Drafted 9th. Might have gotten way too high after round 7, but overall, I'm ok with it. Gonna stream QB unless Smith becomes a different person or Griffin time travels back to 2012. Going to move Lewis to IR and pick up either Jamison Crowder or the Vikings D.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

OxySnake posted:

my league has a boner for drafting 2 TE, 23 were drafted so the waiver wire is bare.

I don't care how bare it is, get Rudolph off your team now.

Nobody who visits this sub-forum is going to own Kyle Rudolph as long as I'm drawing breath. gently caress that guy.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
12 team PPR, 2WR 2RB 1RB/WR/TE Flex, 1QB, K, D/ST
5th pick, snake

1 AJ Green WR CIN
2 Brandin Cooks WR NO
3 Jeremy Maclin WR KC
4 DeMarco Murray RB TN
5 Michael Floyd WR AZ
6 Jonathon Stewart RB CAR
7 Gary Barnidge TE CLE
8 Derrick Henry RB TN
9 LaGarrette Blount RB NE
10 Arizona D/ST
11 DeAndre Washington RB OAK
12 Marcus Mariota QB TN
13 Dak Prescott QB DAL
14 Chris Johnson RB AZ
15 Matt Prater K DET

I normally wouldn't take a D/ST so early but I felt better about taking that there than what was on the board. I still needed a QB but I don't mind what I have and by taking AZ I missed out on Carr, Cousins, Tyrod, Stafford and Jameis. I think Mariota and Dak have just as high upside as any one of those guys and I might have a defense that I won't have to spend any energy on streaming and playing matchups week to week. My only other weird thing is that I didn't take any WR after the 5th but the RBs I took were the best players on the board at that time plus I feel like the 4 receivers I got are pretty good and hopefully all I'll need. Do you think it would have been smarter to take 1 or 2 WR fliers over Blount or Washington? E: Around Blount I could have had Snead or Aiken and Washington I could have had Wheaton, Rishard, or Sanu

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 29, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

bigbillystyle posted:

I normally wouldn't take a D/ST so early but

Don't draft a defense before the last two rounds. Defenses are incredibly hard to predict and almost never worth investing more than the bare minimum of capital into. Streaming isn't too hard and is worth it for the extra shot at a mid-round difference making talent.

I'd also drop your second QB for another WR.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
We're 12 team .5ppr and I can't decide if I should be excited or depressed over this:

QB: Bortles
RB: Chris Ivory, Deangello Williams, Forsett, Javorious, Chris Johnson, Alfred Morris
WR: Dez, Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shephard, Kamar Aiken, Kenny Stills
TE: Jordan Reed
D/ST: Packers
K: Gostkowski

I really poo poo the bed with my RB, but I have by far the best group of receivers in my league. I was so wrapped up in my wr picks that I didn't notice the one lady on autodraft was snatching up rb's like no tomorrow. They've got JStew, Bell, Foster, CJ Anderson and absolute poo poo for WR. I'm thinking about trying to trade for Bell, but I'd most likely have to give up Dez.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Inspector 34 posted:

We're 12 team .5ppr and I can't decide if I should be excited or depressed over this:

QB: Bortles
RB: Chris Ivory, Deangello Williams, Forsett, Javorious, Chris Johnson, Alfred Morris
WR: Dez, Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall, Sterling Shephard, Kamar Aiken, Kenny Stills
TE: Jordan Reed
D/ST: Packers
K: Gostkowski

I really poo poo the bed with my RB, but I have by far the best group of receivers in my league. I was so wrapped up in my wr picks that I didn't notice the one lady on autodraft was snatching up rb's like no tomorrow. They've got JStew, Bell, Foster, CJ Anderson and absolute poo poo for WR. I'm thinking about trying to trade for Bell, but I'd most likely have to give up Dez.

Yeah...zero RB is a very viable draft strategy but you seemed to have missed the memo about grabbing the high upside guys. Anyone halfway decent on the wire like Derrick Henry, Jerrick McKinnon, Theo Riddick or Tevin Coleman? If not, I'd definitely try to flip one of those WRs for an RB1. I don't think it would really hurt you to lose an WR, especially if one of your bench guys flashes, which seems fairly likely.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Very slim pickins on the WW in this league. Only guys I'd be tempted to grab are Spiller, Tolbert, or maybe Khiry but I don't think they'd really help my situation at all in the near term. Dion Lewis is there too but not on IR, so I can't stash him without dropping somebody else. I think I'll offer up Dez for Bell and see how that goes.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

jadebullet posted:

It's my first year playing fantasy football after years of only having a mild interest in the game, watching from time to time, rather than every game that I could. I've been playing catch up, learning the ins and outs of fantasy.

Anyway, I figure it wouldn't hurt to get some advice on my team. Here is my current lineup.

My league is .5 PPT, 1 keeper, 1 FLEX, and 1 DP

QB- D. Brees
Rb- D. Freeman
Rb- L. McCoy
Wr- A. Cooper
Wr- E. Sanders
Te- C. Fleener
FLEX- R. Matthews
DP- D. Jackson
Defense- Raiders
K- R. Aguayo

BE- D. Johnson (RB)
BE- M. Crabtree (WR)
BE- J. Flacco (QB)
BE- D. Sproles (RB)
BE- B. Ellington (WR)
BE- J. Crowder (WR)
BE- S. Coates (WR)

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, particularly with how new at this I am.

Thanks
Personally, I almost never draft more WRs than RBs. RBs get hurt a lot, which both means your high end guys will be out occasionally, and occasionally your bench-riders will get promoted (more often than WRs usually will, anyway). That said, it's a weird year where RBs may be a little undervalued, so I might like a team like this more than normal if I was drafting 11 or 12.

Fleener should turn out okay (I hope he does anyway) but it may take some patience, and Brees should be fine. I don't like Flacco at all even as a backup but those are pretty easy to find.

You're weakest at WR, but I don't think there was much you could've done about that without grabbing two of them with your first 2 picks. Amari's solid anyway.

Also if your waiver wire/free agent system involves bidding, then it probably isn't what DrPossum described. It's probably a Free-Agent Auction Budget (FAAB): Basically you put in bids on players you want before the free agent market opens each week, then at a pre-determined time, your site will process all of those bids from all owners, and the highest bid gets the player. You have a set amount of monopoly money to spend over the course of the season. Some leagues process an auction 3 or 4 times a week; others will process only one, and then the remaining free agent players are just first-come-first-served for the rest of the week. There could also be other wrinkles, like whether or not $0 bids are allowed, or a limit on add/drops in a single week. It's tedious, but it's still worth it to read up on how your particular league works so that you'll know the system when it matters. It really sucks to have to start bad players only because you forgot a particular rule or setting for that league (I've gotten caught by an add/drop limit before when I didn't plan my bids very wisely). FAABs can be hard to get a handle on at first, but I've been using them for a few years now and I prefer them over any other method.

Hope that helps! Not a bad team, but not a great team either. Also I am not at all an expert.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Alright 10 team full PPR league. I plan to flip either the Cards or Texans D as they have the same bye week so which? Taking both was pure accident. I know standard here is never take more than 1 D but pickin's were damned slim at that point figured stashing the Jets wouldn't hurt.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Alright 10 team full PPR league. I plan to flip either the Cards or Texans D as they have the same bye week so which? Taking both was pure accident. I know standard here is never take more than 1 D but pickin's were damned slim at that point figured stashing the Jets wouldn't hurt.

The Texans play the Bears Week 1, you might be able to trade it for something if they destroy Cutler. Worth a shot.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

coronaball posted:

I don't care how bare it is, get Rudolph off your team now.

Nobody who visits this sub-forum is going to own Kyle Rudolph as long as I'm drawing breath. gently caress that guy.

Let me know who to grab :v:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Gilmore

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
will tye supremacy

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

or Vance McDonald now that gabbert is almost certain to start Week 1

monitor Cameron Brate

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ever since games started, ASJ has been good and Brate has been awful so maybe not!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My bar league's draft was last night and I don't remember anything after the 5th round or so because someone brought in a jug of spiced cider with everclear

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
3 RB/TE/WR flex
1 K
1 D/ST
5 Bench

I know I ended up with three QBs and two D/STs.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Keith Atherton posted:

My bar league's draft was last night and I don't remember anything after the 5th round or so because someone brought in a jug of spiced cider with everclear

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
3 RB/TE/WR flex
1 K
1 D/ST
5 Bench

I know I ended up with three QBs and two D/STs.

drunk drafting is fine if everyone is doing it together :)

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Jota posted:

12 Team (Had the 9th pick) 0.5 PPR QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex

QB - Tyrod
RB - Rawls, Ryan Mathews, Duke Johnson, Justin Forsett, Christine Michael
WR - AJ Green, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, Michael Crabtree, Tavon Austin, Sammie Coates, Rishard Matthews
TE - Travis Kelce
D - Eagles
K - Catanzaro

Someone gently caress my poo poo up

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jota posted:

Someone gently caress my poo poo up

Wrs good hbs rear end

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tyrod is not a starting QB in a 12 team league, either. Not without a backup.

Also you could have literally zero usable RBs if Rawls/Michael split, Forsett splits, Duke Johnson split with Crowell and Ryan Mathews splits in half

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Here is my team in a 12-team 0.5 PPR league. I drafted in first and think I did pretty well, my only problem is RB depth.

Tell me how wrong I am!

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 30, 2016

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Ever since games started, ASJ has been good and Brate has been awful so maybe not!

Neither's done poo poo, really. No harm in monitoring!

Vance is getting hot as a late round sleeper. The situation is there, not sure if the hands will be.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Here is my team in a 12-team 0.5 PPR league. I drafted in first and think I did pretty well, my only problem is RB depth.

Tell me how wrong I am!

Your wrs are good and you are completely hosed if lacy falls on his fat rear end

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I mean, I think most people would be hurting if they lost their #1 RB, but Starks is available on waivers and I feel RB is the easiest place to find waiver value. Which bench guy should I drop for a waiver RB? AIken or Shephard is my thought.

Edit:

I was planning on picking up Dion Lewis on waivers and throwing him in the IR slot at the very least.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Aug 30, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

same

Dirrtee_Digits
Sep 1, 2003
i go by dirrtee digits cause i like asking underage boys for their phone numbers
10 man re-draft. 0.5 PPR,

QB / RB / RB / WR / WR / TE / FX / K / DEF / D (+4 bench)

I picked 5th:

1. Gurley
2. Charles
3. Cooks (this was a misclick supposed to be Watkins but oh well, not bad for a misclick)
4. Jeffrey
5. Luck
6. Maclin
7. Bernard
8. Crabtree
9. Blount
10. John Brown
11. Funchess

Overall pretty happy with my team. I'm going to have to drop 1 for a kicker, havn't decided who yet.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I might have gone WR in round 2 after getting Gurley but I see the value in JC at that spot. I might try to pick up a high upside WR

Dirrtee_Digits
Sep 1, 2003
i go by dirrtee digits cause i like asking underage boys for their phone numbers

MrSargent posted:

I might have gone WR in round 2 after getting Gurley but I see the value in JC at that spot. I might try to pick up a high upside WR

Passed on Sterling in the later rounds in lieu of Crabtree.

What's consensus on Luck vs Wilson right now?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dirrtee_Digits posted:

Passed on Sterling in the later rounds in lieu of Crabtree.

What's consensus on Luck vs Wilson right now?

Luck is ahead of Wilson but it's slowly evening and Wilson is creeping ahead in some circles. Wilson has looked very good this preseason and everything is collapsing around Luck in Indy.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Wilson is going higher and I think rightly so. Luck has a high ceiling but has less consistency over the last two years and the OLine is still a question.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Beersheets had Wilson barely higher in 0.5 PPR 12 team. But yah they are close.

Edit: I think I would consider dropping John Brown with his concussion issues.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 30, 2016

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

i had my draft sprung on me last minute and didn't prepare, and also was baked the whole time, and also forgot to draft after like 10 rounds! How hosed am I?

QB Drew Brees NO
RB Mark Ingram NO
RB Matt Forte NYJ
WR Julio Jones ATL
WR Sammy Watkins BUF
TE Coby Fleener NO
FLEX Arian Foster MIA
D Panthers CAR
K Graham Gano CAR

Stefon Diggs MIN
DeVante Parker MIA
Sterling Shepard NYG
Derek Carr OAK
Bruce Ellington SF
Kamar Aiken BAL
Terrance West BAL

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

i had my draft sprung on me last minute and didn't prepare, and also was baked the whole time, and also forgot to draft after like 10 rounds! How hosed am I?

QB Drew Brees NO
RB Mark Ingram NO
RB Matt Forte NYJ
WR Julio Jones ATL
WR Sammy Watkins BUF
TE Coby Fleener NO
FLEX Arian Foster MIA
D Panthers CAR
K Graham Gano CAR

Stefon Diggs MIN
DeVante Parker MIA
Sterling Shepard NYG
Derek Carr OAK
Bruce Ellington SF
Kamar Aiken BAL
Terrance West BAL

You have pretty much no RB depth, and one of Foster/Forte is likely to break this year. I'd drop Bruce Ellington and pick up a high upside handcuff/backup on the WW to roster.

Otherwise the team looks pretty good.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
12 team, 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex

1ppr, 6points for each TD pass. My keeper was Allen Robinson in the 6th round.

code:
pick	overall	player	position
1.12	12	Rob Gronkowski	TE
2.01	13	Drew Brees	QB
3.12	36	Jeremy Maclin	WR
4.01	37	Golden Tate	WR
5.12	60	Danny Woodhead	RB
6.01	61	Allen Robinson	WR
7.12	84	DeAngelo Williams	RB
8.01	85	Charles Sims	RB
9.12	108	Jason Witten	TE
10.01	109	Derek Carr	QB
11.12	132	Blair Walsh	PK
12.01	133	Pittsburgh Steelers	TD
13.12	156	James Starks	RB
14.01	157	Tajae Sharpe	WR
15.12	180	Bruce Ellington	WR
16.01	181	Virgil Green	TE
17.12	204	Josh Brown	PK
18.01	205	New England Patriots	TD

I am pretty happy with my team, but at my 4th round pick I had a brain fart and totally forgot I was keeping allen robinson in the 6th round and took another WR instead of taking an RB. We are limited with how many drops and pickups we are allowed all season and I hate to burn them on defense and kickers hence 2 of each.

So how did I do? Am I a moron?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ugggggggggh I need better everything.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Asema posted:

How many people in the league and what are the scoring rules? Also what kind of draft?

Edit:
Also drop the extra defense, drop your extra kicker and grab some people from the waiver wire. Like some other WRs.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fyallm posted:

12 team, 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flex

1ppr, 6points for each TD pass. My keeper was Allen Robinson in the 6th round.

code:
pick	overall	player	position
1.12	12	Rob Gronkowski	TE
2.01	13	Drew Brees	QB
3.12	36	Jeremy Maclin	WR
4.01	37	Golden Tate	WR
5.12	60	Danny Woodhead	RB
6.01	61	Allen Robinson	WR
7.12	84	DeAngelo Williams	RB
8.01	85	Charles Sims	RB
9.12	108	Jason Witten	TE
10.01	109	Derek Carr	QB
11.12	132	Blair Walsh	PK
12.01	133	Pittsburgh Steelers	TD
13.12	156	James Starks	RB
14.01	157	Tajae Sharpe	WR
15.12	180	Bruce Ellington	WR
16.01	181	Virgil Green	TE
17.12	204	Josh Brown	PK
18.01	205	New England Patriots	TD

I am pretty happy with my team, but at my 4th round pick I had a brain fart and totally forgot I was keeping allen robinson in the 6th round and took another WR instead of taking an RB. We are limited with how many drops and pickups we are allowed all season and I hate to burn them on defense and kickers hence 2 of each.

So how did I do? Am I a moron?

Brees at 2.01 is pretty awful, sorry. Starting WRs + flex are good enough but not godly and not near enough to overpower your weaknesses elsewhere. Woodhead, Sims, and DWill as your top RBs is brutal. Should've waited way longer for a 2nd QB, should've waited longer for first DST and kicker. It's fine to have two each of QB, DST, and K if you have some restrictions on waiver pick ups, but that doesn't mean you should reach so early for them. You really could've used better RB and WR depth in the 10th-12th, rather than taking them all there.

Asema posted:

I don't hate it. L. Murray and Jennings are fantastic bench RBs, but yeah you really need to drop your extra kicker, extra defense, and extra QB for some WRs.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

RVProfootballer posted:

Brees at 2.01 is pretty awful, sorry. Starting WRs + flex are good enough but not godly and not near enough to overpower your weaknesses elsewhere. Woodhead, Sims, and DWill as your top RBs is brutal. Should've waited way longer for a 2nd QB, should've waited longer for first DST and kicker. It's fine to have two each of QB, DST, and K if you have some restrictions on waiver pick ups, but that doesn't mean you should reach so early for them. You really could've used better RB and WR depth in the 10th-12th, rather than taking them all there.

Why is Brees at 2.01 pretty awful? With how we score he is technically the #1 QB out there..

Alot of people keep QB's in our league, here were all of the keepers:

code:
A. Dalton	M. Crabtree	E. Manning	M. Mariota	D. Freeman	J. Nelson	B. Cooks	C. Newton	Da. Johnson	T. Gurley	D. Hopkins
A. Robinson	B. Bortles	Green Bay	K. Benjamin	D. Baldwin	R. Matthews	T. Riddick			M. Sanu
And I agree the starting RB's aren't the best, and wish I would of remembered I had allen and took an rb in round 4 instead of golden tate. Could of had d. Murrary, langford, rawls, abdullah.. I might try and trade someone one of my WR for a RB1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

fyallm posted:

Why is Brees at 2.01 pretty awful? With how we score he is technically the #1 QB out there..

Alot of people keep QB's in our league, here were all of the keepers:

It's mostly because though he may be the No. 1 QB you could get 85% of his production while waiting for another QB and in that time picked up another RB which would of made your team better overall.

• Locked thread